TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #391
steve614
what ru lookin at?
 
steve614's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
The reason she likely took the header into the pool is she was very heated from all that running around and it's the quickest way for her to cool down.
Looked like to me she lost her footing and fell into the pool.

I saw that and thought: Lucky break for the cops.
__________________
The Man Prayer: I'm a man ...... I can change ...... If I have to ...... I guess.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #392
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,751
It looked to me like she stepped in, not realizing it was that deep. A pool like that is not something they are used too, usually.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #393
verdugan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
It looked to me like she stepped in, not realizing it was that deep. A pool like that is not something they are used too, usually.
To me it looked like she fell in as well.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #394
RonDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
I'm from that area, there is plenty of "country" in the Sacramento area, I grew up in Elk Grove, still plenty of farmland there, on the north side you have Rio Linda.

http://www.kcra.com/2-Zebras-Run-Wil...z/-/index.html

According to the article there were two zebras that escaped an animal training farm in Carmichael, Sac County, not really Sacramento proper.

They kept calling the one we saw feral. I think they were over stating it. She was nervous and scared, yes. Wild, I doubt it. (this is based on the fact that we watched the wrangler lead it to the trailer by walking at it's rear with his hand on her hindquarters, you don't do that with a truly feral horse or the like, too much risk of getting a solid kick)

The reason she likely took the header into the pool is she was very heated from all that running around and it's the quickest way for her to cool down.
Carmichael is just as close, if not closer, to downtown Sacramento as Elk Grove or Rio Linda. And from the Google satellite view, it's just as urbanized as most any other Sacramento suburb. A quick Google search shows that the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department provides law enforcement services to Carmichael residents, and they are the agency that was featured in this episode.

Regardless, even if you have "horsey" areas, that doesn't mean the local cops know how to deal with wildlife issues. Even in LA, where we have horse-properties in various areas (including in my city), the cops are not trained for this sort of thing. That's why I questioned the "ineptness" comment earlier.

I believe the "feral" remark came over the radio via the officer driving that handler to distinguish it from an animal that you would see at a petting zoo. It's to warn everybody that this thing can seriously hurt you.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #395
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
Carmichael is just as close, if not closer, to downtown Sacramento as Elk Grove or Rio Linda. And from the Google satellite view, it's just as urbanized as most any other Sacramento suburb. A quick Google search shows that the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department provides law enforcement services to Carmichael residents, and they are the agency that was featured in this episode.

Regardless, even if you have "horsey" areas, that doesn't mean the local cops know how to deal with wildlife issues. Even in LA, where we have horse-properties in various areas (including in my city), the cops are not trained for this sort of thing. That's why I questioned the "ineptness" comment earlier.

I believe the "feral" remark came over the radio via the officer driving that handler to distinguish it from an animal that you would see at a petting zoo. It's to warn everybody that this thing can seriously hurt you.
I grew up in EG and lived there until 2005, I know the area well.

It's more than "horsey" areas, but yes, for the most part the vast majority of LEO's would not know, but there are still some that do, I know this because I grew up with them
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #396
RonDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
It's more than "horsey" areas, but yes, for the most part the vast majority of LEO's would not know, but there are still some that do, I know this because I grew up with them
Apparently they weren't on duty at the time, or they didn't work for Sac Sheriff or CHP

I have a friend who is a sheriff's deputy in a rural part of the state. Yet, he's an ex-city boy, as are many of his co-workers. So even in a rural area, there's no guarantee either that the responding officer(s) will be knowledgeable in this sort of thing.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #397
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
Apparently they weren't on duty at the time, or they didn't work for Sac Sheriff or CHP

I have a friend who is a sheriff's deputy in a rural part of the state. Yet, he's an ex-city boy, as are many of his co-workers. So even in a rural area, there's no guarantee either that the responding officer(s) will be knowledgeable in this sort of thing.
I dunno, I guess I'm two year after quarterbacking, the area does have the resources to deal with that situation better. They tied up a lot of units for quite a while doing what the did and the coverage out there is thin as it is.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #398
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA
 
cheerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 10,041
The 2nd half-hour was a repeat of the Dalia Dippolito murder for hire arrest.
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #399
Donbadabon
Geocacher
 
Donbadabon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerdude View Post
The 2nd half-hour was a repeat of the Dalia Dippolito murder for hire arrest.
Classic. I love it when she breaks down crying before the officer has finished his sentence. And she never asked how he was killed, she just kept saying she wanted to see his body.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #400
janry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 17,688
The zebra story was great. I just wish that was the worst kind of call police ever had.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #401
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA
 
cheerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 10,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
Classic. I love it when she breaks down crying before the officer has finished his sentence. And she never asked how he was killed, she just kept saying she wanted to see his body.
While I am not necessarily a fan on how the police supposedly tricked her into signing the release... for entertainment purposes, I'm glad they did.
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #402
RonDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
I dunno, I guess I'm two year after quarterbacking, the area does have the resources to deal with that situation better. They tied up a lot of units for quite a while doing what the did and the coverage out there is thin as it is.
That's why CHP was called in Other agencies could have been as well, we just didn't see their cars or personnel on the final video.

We had a similar situation in my city many years ago, except it was a horse and not a zebra, and we did what was seen in the episode (except for the swimming pool part). We didn't have "cowboys on call" then nor do we have any now.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #403
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,751
Finally caught Las Vegas Strip last night, really liked it.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #404
Bob Coxner
Registered User
 
Bob Coxner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,661
The two black cops in the 3rd segment tonight are also on Vegas Strip. Vegas Strip is produced by the same company as Cops, so I guess they share videos.

If you watch Vegas Strip it seems you have to actually murder someone to get arrested there. The cops are constantly letting people go for violations that would get you arrested anywhere else.

The 2nd segment with the prostitution sting was ridiculous. You have like 9 cops wasting taxpayer money arresting prosties in a motel setting? How is the public in danger from that or even aware of it? For that matter, the first one was arrested for "loitering with the intent of prostitution". 9 cops to make a loitering arrest?
__________________
Sceptre 40" X405BV-FHD3
Sony 34" HD KD34XBR970
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #405
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy
 
jsmeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Dallas
Posts: 88,272
They arrest plenty of people on Vegas Strip.
__________________
Jeff
Proud to use my TiVo improperly
President of the TiVoShanan Fan Club


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #406
nataylor
Curiously Strong
 
nataylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 23,399
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
They arrest plenty of people on Vegas Strip.
They'd be arresting way more in most places. In a recent episode they actually had a guy run from the cops and they still let him go. I can't imagine too many places where they'd put up with that.
__________________
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
iOS Game Center: nataylor
nataylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #407
Donbadabon
Geocacher
 
Donbadabon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
The two black cops in the 3rd segment tonight are also on Vegas Strip. Vegas Strip is produced by the same company as Cops, so I guess they share videos.
And I think they were going to let the 19 year old go, like they generally do on Vegas Strip. Until she started running her mouth about how she has the right to be out on the strip and not be questioned by the Cops. She just wouldn't shut up, and they hauled her into jail for the alcohol charge.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #408
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,918
having all those cops for the hookers was just crazy..they would run into each other! i just wonder what they all did every bust..stand around and look at the room which they just busted someone else 1/2 hour ago? seemed pointless to me.

the woman saying 'how do we do this' 100x should have been a dead giveaway to any respectable hooker. just seemed fishy to me

so is there any way to be a 'legal' hooker by renting the room or giving a 'donation' or anything? seems like they are always trying to get certain words said
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #409
RonDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
so is there any way to be a 'legal' hooker by renting the room or giving a 'donation' or anything? seems like they are always trying to get certain words said
Prostitution is not legal in the more urbanized parts of Nevada, in particular Las Vegas. You have to go out in the middle of nowhere to find a legal brothel.

The hookers are simply trying to avoid using terminology that can be used against them.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #410
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,918
i noticed they repeated the zebra one over the weekend, it must have b een that popular
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #411
janry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 17,688
Regarding the first episode on 2/9/13, I was impressed with the couple making it to the other apartment's balcony.

But, I was confused as to where they found the guy. I don't believe that room he was in was part of the balcony the woman was on.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #412
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,751
looked like a storage room, could have been off the balcony. I've seen such layouts.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #413
nataylor
Curiously Strong
 
nataylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 23,399
TC CLUB MEMBER
I think that apartment had two balconies. One off the bedroom and one off the living room.
__________________
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
iOS Game Center: nataylor
nataylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #414
janry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 17,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
I think that apartment had two balconies. One off the bedroom and one off the living room.
I guess so. There wasn't a door behind where they caught the woman so I was confused.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #415
steve614
what ru lookin at?
 
steve614's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,722
The man hid in his utility closet. I think I remember seeing a water heater behind him.
The woman went to a neighboring balcony. The cops had to go over to the unit next door to get to her.

I'm always amazed at how fast locksmiths can get a door unlocked.
__________________
The Man Prayer: I'm a man ...... I can change ...... If I have to ...... I guess.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #416
janry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 17,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
The man hid in his utility closet. I think I remember seeing a water heater behind him.
The woman went to a neighboring balcony. The cops had to go over to the unit next door to get to her.
I thought that at one point also but at the end of the segment, one of the policemen kept saying "they" and "them" going over on the 3" ledge.

Maybe the man came back over to the orginal balcony after the police entered the 2nd apartment.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #417
Arcady
Stargate Fan
 
Arcady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,894
If they keep using up all the Vegas Strip footage, how will they ever find enough hobos in front of the Flamingo to fill that show? (Seriously, that entire show seems to be filmed within 1 block.)

Not impressed with this season of cops so far.
__________________
Roamio Pro (3TB)
Premiere Elite (2TB)
Premiere (320GB)
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #418
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1
 
LoadStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 30,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
If they keep using up all the Vegas Strip footage, how will they ever find enough hobos in front of the Flamingo to fill that show? (Seriously, that entire show seems to be filmed within 1 block.)

Not impressed with this season of cops so far.
Well, for a long time it wasn't even clear if there would be a season at all. I don't blame them for not wanting to put a lot of effort into editing together this season.

I wish they'd go to new cities... it seems like they only have stuff from like 3-4 cities these days. I wonder if other cities just don't allow the COPS ride-alongs, or if it's just that these cities are where the COPS production teams are.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #419
RonDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I wish they'd go to new cities... it seems like they only have stuff from like 3-4 cities these days. I wonder if other cities just don't allow the COPS ride-alongs, or if it's just that these cities are where the COPS production teams are.
A lot of agencies will not let COPS crews ride with them. Mine is one of those.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #420
Bob Coxner
Registered User
 
Bob Coxner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,661
I also wonder why Fox is burning them off two a week, although I haven't checked the ratings.
__________________
Sceptre 40" X405BV-FHD3
Sony 34" HD KD34XBR970
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |