TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #361
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

I'd love to see COPS go to a channel like FX where they could get away with a bit less bleeping, etc.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #362
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnderson View Post
Vegas Strip has been providing my Cops fix and it's even more fun because it takes place in familiar territory.
I like that one too, and the college campus one.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #363
newsposter
Poster of News

i'm glad i subbed to this thread...i havent seen a single ep yet..i guess i dont have a SP for it..oh my

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #364
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Plus, if it's the same as the previous episodes that I've seen, the clips are sometimes as short as a few seconds - but they repeat them, then they repeat them again, then they repeat the first part in slow motion, then they repeat the last part in slow motion, then they replay part zoomed in, then they replay the whole thing, then they...

Needless to say, it's rather repetitive.
LOL... my post here reminds me of "The Situation Room" sketch from this week's SNL. Very prescient.

In any case, I wish FOX would just cancel it already so someone else can pick up the show. There's no way that someone won't buy it... as they said in the article, it's got definite brand identity that some cable channel would love to have.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #365
newsposter
Poster of News

do they run repeats during off weeks or is cops just straight thru always new?

!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #366
Bob Coxner

Alaska State Troopers is a good substitute while we wait for more Cops.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #367
newsposter
Poster of News

ok this is bizarre...when you add a SP thru the internet it should be on the bottom of the priority list, right?

when i got home it was 36, which leads me to believe i had the pass all along, which makes sense since i watched it last year

so why didnt it record so far? ugh

!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #368
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
so why didnt it record so far? ugh
They haven't had new shows for quite a while, so you must be set to only record new shows.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #369
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

FOX now airs various sporting events (MLB, NASCAR, NCAA Football) on Saturday night. COPS was picked up for this season with a shortened order, but it's basically a bench-warmer for right now.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #370
newsposter
Poster of News

too bad i didnt look at my own sticky for when cops starts

!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #371
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Alaska State Troopers is a good substitute while we wait for more Cops.
It's a good show (along with Wild Justice which rides along with California Fish and Game wardens) but it's not the same as COPS. Those shows are narrated and quite heavily edited, making them more documentary-like. There is also the heavy use of stock footage for dramatic effect, such as seeing what appears to be a Crown Vic as it is rolling Code 3 down the highway, but then the Trooper being featured shows up in an Expedition or a Charger. Wild Justice is the same way as well.

COPS is like giving one of the officers a camcorder (right down to the grainy, shaky video) and telling him to film what a day in his boots is like. There is no narration beyond a little bt of the officer(s) explaining what's going on to the viewer. It's a lot closer to what you would see if you were on a police ride along.

Last edited by RonDawg : 11-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #372
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnderson View Post
Vegas Strip has been providing my Cops fix and it's even more fun because it takes place in familiar territory.
Thanks for the reminder about Vegas Strip. I thought I had an SP set for it, but somehow I didn't.

I am surprised at how many people they let go without a ticket. It really seems to be based on how the subjects react to the cops. If they are polite and follow directions (and have no warrants) they are generally let off without a ticket.
But if they cop an attitude, all bets are off.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #373
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
Thanks for the reminder about Vegas Strip. I thought I had an SP set for it, but somehow I didn't.

I am surprised at how many people they let go without a ticket. It really seems to be based on how the subjects react to the cops. If they are polite and follow directions (and have no warrants) they are generally let off without a ticket.
But if they cop an attitude, all bets are off.
What cable network has V strip? Can't find it on BHouse DVR.
I miss my TiVo when traveling
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #374
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
What cable network has V strip? Can't find it on BHouse DVR.
I miss my TiVo when traveling
TruTV
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #375
RonDawg

The 25th season of COPS airs on Fox starting December 15. Remember, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law
Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #376
Donbadabon
Geocacher

^^
Sweet!
I'm hoping for a taser right off the bat. I love it when they fall like a tree after fighting so hard.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #377
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

As Daniel Bryan used to say. YESSSS YESSS YESSS!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #378
Fish Man
Phish Food

Woooo Hoooo! I thought we'd lost "COPS".

(I wouldn't know what to do!)

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #379
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
^^
Sweet!
I'm hoping for a taser right off the bat. I love it when they fall like a tree after fighting so hard.
And if you add a K9 unit segment, it'll be an instant classic.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #380
RonDawg

Well, this episode was both taser and K9 free, but there was the zebra rampaging through the Sacramento suburbs! And all it wanted to do was go skinny-dipping in the pool.

The suspect in the Toledo segment had THE most annoying voice I've heard in a long time. If anybody should have been tased, it should have been him
Old 12-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #381
snowjay
40mph couch potato

It was a pretty tame episode. *yawn*
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #382
Bob Coxner

A bit of a letdown after such a long wait.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #383
highwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjay View Post
It was a pretty tame episode. *yawn*
The ineptitude of the cops trying to corral the zebra was amusing. Otherwise, meh.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #384
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post
The ineptitude of the cops trying to corral the zebra was amusing. Otherwise, meh.
It was in the Northern side of Sac, all the cowboys live in the Southern side of the county?

The "handler" sucked. Didn't know how to use a lasso.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #385
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
Well, this episode was both taser and K9 free, but there was the zebra rampaging through the Sacramento suburbs! And all it wanted to do was go skinny-dipping in the pool.
I live in the Sacramento area. My wife and I looked at each other and said "how did we miss that?"

I looked it up and turns out it took place in August, 2010. You'd think in 2 years they could've come up with better footage.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #386
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I live in the Sacramento area. My wife and I looked at each other and said "how did we miss that?"

I looked it up and turns out it took place in August, 2010. You'd think in 2 years they could've come up with better footage.
I don't think COPS typically uses footage other than their own, so they are really limited by whatever their cameras record.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #387
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I don't think COPS typically uses footage other than their own, so they are really limited by whatever their cameras record.
Let me rephrase my post then.

I can't believe that in two years they haven't shot more interesting footage.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #388
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post
The ineptitude of the cops trying to corral the zebra was amusing.
I'm not sure what the cops were suppose to do other than keep people away, and try to herd the animal to somewhere where it can't hurt anybody. Sacramento is a major urban area*, not the country, so most of its cops have no knowledge of how to handle such an animal.

*it's California's sixth largest city by population, and if you include the surrounding areas, at 2.5 million people it's almost as big as Toronto
Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #389
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
The footage they routinely air could have been that old all this time. It takes time to get the necessary clearances and waivers.

Also, if a claim was made against one of the government agencies involved (for example, the zebra causing property damage that was not shown), the city and/or county attorneys may not want the footage aired until the incident is settled.

The Dippolitto attempted murder-for-hire case occurred in 2009, but COPS did not air footage of the sting for another two years.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #390
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
I'm not sure what the cops were suppose to do other than keep people away, and try to herd the animal to somewhere where it can't hurt anybody. Sacramento is a major urban area*, not the country, so most of its cops have no knowledge of how to handle such an animal.

*it's California's sixth largest city by population, and if you include the surrounding areas, at 2.5 million people it's almost as big as Toronto
I'm from that area, there is plenty of "country" in the Sacramento area, I grew up in Elk Grove, still plenty of farmland there, on the north side you have Rio Linda.

http://www.kcra.com/2-Zebras-Run-Wil...z/-/index.html

According to the article there were two zebras that escaped an animal training farm in Carmichael, Sac County, not really Sacramento proper.

They kept calling the one we saw feral. I think they were over stating it. She was nervous and scared, yes. Wild, I doubt it. (this is based on the fact that we watched the wrangler lead it to the trailer by walking at it's rear with his hand on her hindquarters, you don't do that with a truly feral horse or the like, too much risk of getting a solid kick)

The reason she likely took the header into the pool is she was very heated from all that running around and it's the quickest way for her to cool down.