TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #331
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
If that's what happened, then the girls should get charged with something. Making a false report maybe?
Unless they admit it, there's no way to prove it didn't happen, either.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #332
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Unless they admit it, there's no way to prove it didn't happen, either.
Unfortunately, you're right. So even if the charges don't go anywhere, it'll always be on his record. Doesn't seem fair.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #333
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Some really compelling stuff tonight. The guy tripping on meth, the genius who decided to run not once but twice (the second time while in cuffs!), and the fake robbery (she didn't put all that much effort into it...did she really think they wouldn't watch the tapes or look in her car?) were all great.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #334
snowjay
40mph couch potato

The guy tweaking was really unpredictable, taking him to the ground quick was a good move. Too bad he didn't try to run, we would of had some taser action.

It's always a good laugh when some rocket scientist tries to run in cuffs.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #335
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjay View Post
It's always a good laugh when some rocket scientist tries to run in cuffs.
... into traffic!!! He was close to being hit by a car.

Lots of winners this weekend.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #336
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Ho! Ho! Ho!, everybody.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #337
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Ho! Ho! Ho!, everybody.
Love the christmas episodes!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #338
RonDawg

On the Vegas Vice portions, is it just me, or did that female vice cop resemble Angie Dickinson (from some angles) during her Police Woman days?
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #339
Fish Man
Phish Food

Since this season began, there's a 2 second blip in the intro where they show the "Ho" with the long curly black hair -from the back only- in cuffs.

Since this season began, when that shot blips up, I've turned to my wife and said, "dude". (As in, "that's a guy in drag".)

Well, in this year's "Ho! Ho! Ho!" episode we get to see that person from the front and at length. "Not a dude!" I was genuinely surprised! And not only not a dude, but surprisingly -dare I even say- ... attractive ... for a teenage $20 whore.

Note: I'm sure some of you zip through the theme song and have never seen the clip I referenced. Me, even with a TiVo, I just gotta hear that "Bad Boys" theme!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Fish Man : 12-12-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #340
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Can't believe I forgot to bump this thread in April when the news broke, but Fox is drastically cutting back on Cops:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/fox-i...k-on-cops.html
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #341
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I was wondering what happened. It didn't seem like there were that many new episodes aired this year.

Boo FOX (not quite worthy of a BIH). I couldn't care less about sports. I want more car chasing, ho busting, perp tazing, drug takedown action!
Hopefully with a reduced number of episodes, FOX can concentrate on quality vs quantity.
Who cares about the harmless homeless guy who gets found with a joint in his pocket?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #342
jamesl

I remember when COPS went to Russia
that was pretty cool
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #343
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Fox has totally crapped on Cops and it sucks.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #344
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Yeah, I sort of gave up even bothering looking for episodes at this point. I figured it was as good as canceled.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #345
nmiller855

My daughter's ex-boyfriend had a Season's Pass set up for Cops. When he would start to watch one we would ask "Haven't you seen this one before?" He always denied seeing them before but shortly into an episode he would start saying "Watch this." Totally busting himself.
I have 2 favorites. One is when the cop thinks the old lady's house is on fire & busts out lots of window panes & it turns out that it is the house next door that is on fire. The other one is when the cop drives down the railroad track & his car gets stuck.
There are a few local ones that are pretty old & it is funny to watch them & see how the participants have aged.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #346
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
The other one is when the cop drives down the railroad track & his car gets stuck.
There are a few local ones that are pretty old & it is funny to watch them & see how the participants have aged.
Is that the one where the cop car actually burned up because the Cop hit something under the car and started a fire?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #347
ewolfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Is that the one where the cop car actually burned up because the Cop hit something under the car and started a fire?
I vaguely remember seeing that one. I think the cop was chasing someone off road through a forest and then the car caught fire during the pursuit.
ewolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #348
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I have 2 favorites. One is when the cop thinks the old lady's house is on fire & busts out lots of window panes & it turns out that it is the house next door that is on fire.
That is a classic episode from Fort Worth TX. Police trainers like to use that clip as an example of "tunnel vision." I remember an early airing of that episode in which the cameraman actually pans all around the room, as if he's wondering himself where the smoke and flames are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolfr View Post
I vaguely remember seeing that one. I think the cop was chasing someone off road through a forest and then the car caught fire during the pursuit.
That's Spokane WA and he was chasing a stolen 4x4 through the woods. He got the car stuck and the catalytic converter caught the brush on fire, which in turn caught the car on fire.

The one where the cop got his patrol car stuck on the railroad tracks was a different episode, I believe somewhere in the Midwest. Although a train was coming, it stopped well before hitting the cop car.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #349
firerose818
Graduate student!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The car stuck on the railroad tracks was Des Moines.
firerose818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #350
philw1776

My TiVo XL4 is filling up with Cops episodes! Can't get enough. It's a sickness.
But I agree that I could do without all the harmless weed busts.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #351
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Add domestic abuse to the episodes I could do without. I FF as soon as they come on.

This is why I am enjoying seeing World's Wildest Police Videos back on the air with John Bunnell. All new for 2012, and nothing but dash-cam videos.

"Due to the graphic nature of this program, viewer discretion is advised." Oh yeah.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #352
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
This is why I am enjoying seeing World's Wildest Police Videos back on the air with John Bunnell.
Sorry, but "Sheriff" John Bunnell's voice is like listening to nails on a chalkboard for me. He was fine when he was featured on the early episodes of COPS, but now that he's a for-hire "expert" and narrator his delivery just grates on me.

Another thing that irritates me is how he constantly refers to himself as "Sheriff." He was only in that position for less than 6 months, was appointed (as opposed to elected by the people) to the post when his former boss retired, and when the choice was finally was up to the people he lost to someone else.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #353
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
Sorry, but "Sheriff" John Bunnell's voice is like listening to nails on a chalkboard for me. He was fine when he was featured on the early episodes of COPS, but now that he's a for-hire "expert" and narrator his delivery just grates on me.

Another thing that irritates me is how he constantly refers to himself as "Sheriff." He was only in that position for less than 6 months, was appointed (as opposed to elected by the people) to the post when his former boss retired, and when the choice was finally was up to the people he lost to someone else.
Plus, if it's the same as the previous episodes that I've seen, the clips are sometimes as short as a few seconds - but they repeat them, then they repeat them again, then they repeat the first part in slow motion, then they repeat the last part in slow motion, then they replay part zoomed in, then they replay the whole thing, then they...

Needless to say, it's rather repetitive.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #354
d-dub
Jami's Gameboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar

Plus, if it's the same as the previous episodes that I've seen, the clips are sometimes as short as a few seconds - but they repeat them, then they repeat them again, then they repeat the first part in slow motion, then they repeat the last part in slow motion, then they replay part zoomed in, then they replay the whole thing, then they...

Needless to say, it's rather repetitive.
Not only that, but the fake chopper pilot voice overs are ridiculously over-dramatic.

Now with improved joystick action!
World's Luckiest Guy (TM)

-- David --
d-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #355
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-dub View Post
Not only that, but the fake chopper pilot voice overs are ridiculously over-dramatic.
Well, the pilot is real (most of these voiceovers seem to be done by Bob Tur, who was a chopper pilot for an LA-area news station) but the narration and helicopter background noises are definitely faked.

However, I found Bob Tur to be annoying even when he was narrating stuff he was witnessing.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #356
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Nice profile of the Cops producers in the WSJ today: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...117479612.html

Guess Fox hasn't made a decision on another season yet. I say put it on G4 and move on...that's all the channel is these days anyway.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #357
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Why not put Cops on FX?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #358
cannonz

G4 has been showing Street Patrol, looks a lot like Cops wonder if same people are making it as a replacement.
cannonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #359
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Street Patrol was just old, previously unused footage from COPS.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #360
JTAnderson

Vegas Strip has been providing my Cops fix and it's even more fun because it takes place in familiar territory.
JTAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote