TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #301
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

You guys! Cops is back tonight! Feel like it's been ages since we've had a new ep.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #302
snowjay
40mph couch potato

OMG, what a cry baby. He's man enough to commit armed robbery but when he gets busted he cry like a 12 year old who needs his mommy.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #303
RonDawg

I was amused by the Louisiana episode, with the guy in the new Chevy truck who got busted for solicitation. How could he not know that prostitute was a DUDE?

And no, hookers don't take debit/credit cards, nor will they let you go to the ATM afterward. They are strictly, umm, "pay before you pump"

BTW the new opening sequence seems to be a mix of scenes I have seen before (like the deputy hugging the kid in the driveway) as well as stuff I've never seen before (the guy being Tased as he was running away).

Last edited by RonDawg : 09-11-2011 at 09:32 AM.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #304
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
I was amused by the Louisiana episode, with the guy in the new Chevy truck who got busted for solicitation. How could he not know that prostitute was a DUDE?
You don't think he knew? He knew, definitely... he probably went out looking for exactly what he got.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #305
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
You don't think he knew? He knew, definitely... he probably went out looking for exactly what he got.
How I think he didn't know is when the cop was admonishing him for agreeing to an act/payment amount when he didn't have enough money on him.

Up to that point, the cop was referring to the prostitute as "her" even though he clearly has dealt with her him before. But once the cop found out the guy had agreed to a sex act worth $60 when he only had $20-some odd in his wallet, he told the john what the consequences were of doing that, and for the first time began referring to the prostitute as "him" and particularly pointed out "his" size compared to the john's.

At that point, the john closed his eyes and slammed his head back into the seat in a "Oh Sh--!" moment. He wouldn't look at the officer anymore...the officer had to tell the john to look at him. I doubt that was over the fact that he could have been assaulted...it was over his realization that he was about to engage in a sex act with another man unknowingly, and unwillingly if he had realized it before.

Prior to that revelation, the john didn't seem particularly embarrassed about being arrested on TV.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #306
RonDawg

I just rewatched the episode in question and noted the following:

1. When the officer was questioning the john at the truck (shortly after handcuffing him) he slips and says "she" then immediately says "he" when referring to the prostitute. The john however constantly refers to the prostitute as "her" before and after the officer does this.

2. When the officer again questions the john who is now seated in the back of the cruiser, and admonishes him about what happens when you don't have enough money to pay a prostitute for the act, when the officer says "especially a male prostitute of that size" is the point where the john closes his eyes, turns away from the officer, and leans back his head. That's why I think he didn't realize it before.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #307
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
BTW the new opening sequence seems to be a mix of scenes I have seen before (like the deputy hugging the kid in the driveway) as well as stuff I've never seen before (the guy being Tased as he was running away).
I think that scene of the guy hugging the kid was in last seasons opening as well. Wasn't that the episode where the kids dad or uncle drove drunk?

And that john had no clue that prostitue was a man. Didn't he say something like "What are you gonna do when she grabs your junk?" I would of been like "well first of all that isn't a she..."
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #308
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:

2. When the officer again questions the john who is now seated in the back of the cruiser, and admonishes him about what happens when you don't have enough money to pay a prostitute for the act, when the officer says "especially a male prostitute of that size" is the point where the john closes his eyes, turns away from the officer, and leans back his head. That's why I think he didn't realize it before.
It floors me that the john didn't know the prostitute was a dude.

In drag, *I'd* make a more attractive, and believable, woman than that. That's saying something.

What an idiot! And, if he was that dumb, he was probably also actually dumb enough to think that a prostitute would let him go to an ATM afterward.

I think the cop saved the john's life, Seriously.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #309
RonDawg

The last new episode featuring Boynton Beach FL PD was probably the best episode they've had in a long time, if ever.

For those who didn't see it, they devoted the entire 30 minutes to the case of Dalia Dippolito, a 28 year old woman who had hired someone to kill her husband of just 6 months. I'm not sure how police found out about the plot (and that was not revealed in the episode) but police got her to meet with a supposed hit-man who was an undercover cop, and recorded her making the deal. They contacted the husband and set up crime scene tape for her to return to.

I remember seeing video footage of her "acting" upon finding out about her husband's "death" but I didn't realize that it was shot by COPS crew members.

One thing I'm curious about is why they blanked out her name whenever it was mentioned? The case got a bit of publicity when it happened, her face and her husband's face were shown without alteration, and she's already been convicted of solicitation for murder, for which she got 20 years.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #310
Donbadabon
Geocacher

She was crazy! And cold-hearted. Very scary to think how things would've gone down if the Police weren't involved.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #311
RonDawg

One thing that was not previously revealed was that she had been stealing from him for quite some time...I think he said it was around $240k She had somehow convinced him to quit-claim the house over to her as well.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #312
bobvr

She is out on bail pending an appeal....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_960146.html
bobvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #313
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
The last new episode featuring Boynton Beach FL PD was probably the best episode they've had in a long time, if ever.
I concur, the episode was just awesome.

And she kept playing stupid up to the very end even when the detective told her they had video evidence.

I'm guessing they bleeped the names out because of her pending appeal.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #314
kcarl75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvr View Post
She is out on bail pending an appeal....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_960146.html
Wait...why does she get bail, pending an appeal? I've never heard of that before.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #315
firerose818
Graduate student!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought she was under house arrest?
firerose818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #316
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerose818 View Post
I thought she was under house arrest?
She is.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #317
bobvr

Well house arrest is still out on bail.
bobvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #318
Fish Man
Phish Food

I agree. That was the best episode of COPS in a LONG time!

After watching the actual footage of her making the deal with the undercover cop, what could possibly be the basis for her appeal? Entrapment?

She'll have an awfully hard time convincing anyone she was entrapped. As one of the cops said, the undercover gave her several opportunities to back out free and clear, and she took none of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #319
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

WOW what a body she has (minus the face).. too bad she's a nut job!

Last edited by Kamakzie : 09-26-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Kamakzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #320
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Two straight weeks of doubleheaders. Like.

The wife of the drunk driver was PISSED.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #321
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Pissed is an understatement. Although I think her priorities are a little screwed up considering she was wishing he had died. Where did she tell him to go? Back to Pennsylvania?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #322
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Two straight weeks of doubleheaders. Like.

The wife of the drunk driver was PISSED.
I thought the wife was going to get the bracelets for a while there.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #323
Bob Coxner

I thought leaving the scene of an accident was a crime. They said they couldn't get him for drunk driving but he admitted to the crash.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #324
Donbadabon
Geocacher

The drunk driving was weird. They said they couldn't charge him since no one saw him wreck, but in the same breath they said he would be charged with the destruction of the property. I don't get it.

The other story, about the guy that assaulted the 16 year old, I thought was total BS. I think that whole family is lying just to get the guy arrested. She had a mark on her chest that could've been from anyone. Their whole demeanor was just shady, like they were enjoying it a little too much.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #325
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
The drunk driving was weird. They said they couldn't charge him since no one saw him wreck, but in the same breath they said he would be charged with the destruction of the property. I don't get it.
In court, he could claim he dodged a squirrel and there would be no one that would be able to refute that assertion.
I don't think they 'charged' him with anything. They didn't even write him a ticket.
The one cop mentioned he will be getting a bill for the cost of the property, but that was it. Now it's just a civil matter between the city and the driver.

Quote:
The other story, about the guy that assaulted the 16 year old, I thought was total BS. I think that whole family is lying just to get the guy arrested. She had a mark on her chest that could've been from anyone. Their whole demeanor was just shady, like they were enjoying it a little too much.
I was thinking the same thing. Especially when the suspect claimed that the girls were always making stuff up to get him in trouble.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #326
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Especially when the suspect claimed that the girls were always making stuff up to get him in trouble.
He had no shirt. On Cops that means he's guilty.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #327
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:

I totally agree with both of these statements.

In the first case:
  • The guy admitted he was driving.
  • They should have done a field sobriety test or a breathalizer on him.
  • They had eyewitnesses who saw him hit the light pole. After all, the cop recognised him from an eyewitness description that went out over the radio,

In any other case I've ever seen, admission that he was driving or an eyewitness willing to sign a statement is enough to arrest him (the conviction is then up to the trial). The COP doesn't need to be an eyewitness.

In the second one: Yeah, the girls struck me as beaytches who would absolutely lie to get the guy in trouble. They came over to HIS house and he was simply trying to get them to leave. The girls were trespassing!

Old 11-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #328
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
The cop probably had to take the guy due to the domestic violence laws in the state. Even the cop didn't seem to be buying the story, as he told the guy he would personally make sure the guy would make it to work the next morning. The charge, should he actually get one, should never hold up in court.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #329
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
The cop probably had to take the guy due to the domestic violence laws in the state. Even the cop didn't seem to be buying the story, as he told the guy he would personally make sure the guy would make it to work the next morning. The charge, should he actually get one, should never hold up in court.
Domestic violence laws pertain to people who are members of the same household, who live under the same roof.

In this case, the young girls came over to the guys house and were on his porch taunting and harassing him. The girls claim he grabbed the 15 year old and she had a slight mark on her neck / upper chest, near the collar bone.

Whether he actually laid a hand on her or not, the girls were obviously the instigators of the whole thing, coming over to his house and taunting him while he was minding his own business. They were clearly absolutely giddy that they caused him to get arrested. It was a game to them. The entire thing was orchestrated by them.

I do hope the cop followed through with his promise to make sure the guy made it to work the next morning, and hopefully helped him get the charges dropped.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #330
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man View Post
I do hope the cop followed through with his promise to make sure the guy made it to work the next morning, and hopefully helped him get the charges dropped.
If that's what happened, then the girls should get charged with something. Making a false report maybe?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote