TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #271
6079 Smith W
Minister of Truth

Was it just me, or did the first segment of tonight's show (the "drug smuggler" in the white car) seem incredibly fake?

Lots of camera editing, with quick takes from officer to officer all of whom happen to be right near some action, almost as if it was a weekly drama series. A not very high speed chase. No struggle to get the guy out of the car or put him in cuffs. Put the "bad guy" in the paddy-wagon and give the back of the wagon an obligatory two taps to let the driver know to go ahead. You never once see the "bad guy's" face - the camera is always conveniently behind him or something always somehow manages to obscure his face - and they never use blurring.

The whole thing smelled like a training exercise that they let the camera crew record and then tried to pawn off as the real deal.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #272
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6079 Smith W View Post
Was it just me, or did the first segment of tonight's show (the "drug smuggler" in the white car) seem incredibly fake?

Lots of camera editing, with quick takes from officer to officer all of whom happen to be right near some action, almost as if it was a weekly drama series. A not very high speed chase. No struggle to get the guy out of the car or put him in cuffs. Put the "bad guy" in the paddy-wagon and give the back of the wagon an obligatory two taps to let the driver know to go ahead. You never once see the "bad guy's" face - the camera is always conveniently behind him or something always somehow manages to obscure his face - and they never use blurring.

The whole thing smelled like a training exercise that they let the camera crew record and then tried to pawn off as the real deal.
Wasn't just you. It was staged shot after staged shot: from the close-ups of the agents putting on their vests and loading the magazines, to them doing the hilarious little trot out of their vehicles and repeating "10-4" into the walkie a million times. And the female agent conveniently emerging from behind the fence right where the driver bailed out... The CBP must need employees badly, because that was a pure propaganda segment.

And I said this during the first episode with CBP last season, but it still holds true: I'm hating these (terrible) attempts to be a clone of Homeland Security USA.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #273
janry

It did seem rehearsed and staged.

Regarding the guy retained from the airport (body smuggler): EWWWWWWW!
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #274
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Once again, Cops gets dissed by Entertainment Weekly. In its Fall Preview episode, there are previews for shows on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays...and a box saying something like "Why is there no Saturday section? Because THERE'S NOTHING ON!" (The only time Saturday has appeared in EW's Fall Preview in the past five years or so was when they used it to review the DVD release of The Love Boat, which was a Saturday staple in its day.)

-- Don
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #275
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but how can you NOT be intrigued by this bit of guide data?

"A battery case involving a roommate, a hammer, a sandwich, and a misunderstanding."
Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #276
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Missed it due to the Yankees/Sox game running long. Darn it, that sounded good.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #277
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy
Haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but how can you NOT be intrigued by this bit of guide data?

"A battery case involving a roommate, a hammer, a sandwich, and a misunderstanding."
It was ok... Don't think anything stood out for me.
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #278
Langree
The Gimp

!@#$%^& Baseball!!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #279
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
!@#$%^& Baseball!!
And FOX for not following the CBS model.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #280
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

My TiVo didn't record last night's ep because it said it was "no longer in the guide."

Anyone know where I can find it, either via streaming or torrent? I've looked in all the usual places and am coming up empty.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #281
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
My TiVo didn't record last night's ep because it said it was "no longer in the guide."

Anyone know where I can find it, either via streaming or torrent? I've looked in all the usual places and am coming up empty.
Wasn't on here, baseball.

Adam1115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #282
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1115 View Post
Wasn't on here, baseball.
Oy, is that still going on? It was probably pre-empted again, then. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #283
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:

I had canceled my recordings earlier in the week in order to record something else. Looking back at the guide data, I show Fox News At 10 running from 8 - 10:30. Not sure what that's all about.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #284
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMidniteBombr View Post
I had canceled my recordings earlier in the week in order to record something else. Looking back at the guide data, I show Fox News At 10 running from 8 - 10:30. Not sure what that's all about.
Hmm, odd. I asked because eztv showed it as airing yesterday, but they usually have a torrent for it and there was none.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #285
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

For whatever reason, FOX did not have the playoff game on the schedule, and still listed the regularly scheduled Saturday night block of programming. "Cops" and "AMW" definitely did not air last night.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #286
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
For whatever reason, FOX did not have the playoff game on the schedule, and still listed the regularly scheduled Saturday night block of programming. "Cops" and "AMW" definitely did not air last night.
The game was originally scheduled for the day so the Rangers/Yankees game could be at night. But because the Rangers took the series on Friday, they moved the Phillies/Giants to the night slot.

So yeah, no Cops last night.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #287
janry

Interesting show featuring U.S Marshal Service this past Saturday, but I really like the episodes where they ride with patrol officers more. I'd have hated to have been the guy that went in the attic.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #288
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Tonight's first segment with the pissed off guy was great.

"Rock cocaine? I didn't have no rock cocaine. Y'all musta planted that s**t on me or something..."

And then the family friend gets involved after he's in the car.

"You should just cooperate with these guys, because it's not their fault."
"It is their fault."
"No, it's not!"
"You're telling me these white, racist, redneck..."
"Uh uh, we're not even going there!"
"I don't care. F**k the police!"
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #289
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

"Privacy Rapist, Die!"
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #290
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Tonight's first segment with the pissed off guy was great.

"Rock cocaine? I didn't have no rock cocaine. Y'all musta planted that s**t on me or something..."

And then the family friend gets involved after he's in the car.

"You should just cooperate with these guys, because it's not their fault."
"It is their fault."
"No, it's not!"
"You're telling me these white, racist, redneck..."
"Uh uh, we're not even going there!"
"I don't care. F**k the police!"
Yeah, I was amused with his explaining the gun. First, he said he had it for protection, then he said he picked it up off the ground somewhere.
Later when he was in the police car, he again said he had it for protection.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #291
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
"Privacy Rapist, Die!"
That was awesome!
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #292
kilcher

I'm getting back into this show. I usually have 20 or so on the TiVo at any given time, drives my wife nuts. Even though it's a 30 minute show they seem to go fast and it's a great time killer.

I often think I would have liked being a police officer but I'd get in trouble. I'd beat people. I have no patience for stupidity. Plus I think if you run from the cops you deserve what you get when they catch you.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #293
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
"Privacy Rapist, Die!"
Talk about an awesome insight into an investigation.

The victim, describes the encounter with the nut. He tells the cop, "He yelled at me, 'You're a privacy rapist! Die, privacy rapist'".

The cop repeats, "'Privacy rapist'?. Is that what he said, 'privacy rapist'?".

"Yes, those were his exact words." And then the guy goes on to describe the knife he pulled. "It was silver, the blade and handle were silver, and it was one of those knives that you have to push a button to open it."

Then, the cop's questioning the suspect. The suspect denies everything. Denies pulling a knife. Denies everything beyond a rather minor and harmless verbal disagreement with the victim. Then, the suspect mutters. "Privacy rapist!"

"What did you say?"

"He's a Privacy rapist!!"

Talk about corroborating the victims account! Holy cow!

Then, the cop asks, "So you're sure you didn't pull a knife on him?"

"No, I didn't pull a knife."

"Do you own a knife? Where is it?"

"I can show it to you."

He does, it's "silver, and it was one of those knives that you have to push a button to open it."

Awesome! Absolutely awesome! One of the best Cops segments ever!

Also, with regard to the segment where the suspect accused the, "white, racist, redneck" cops of planting the dope on him...

What is with these idiots who think they can lie about that when we know there's an obvious, big obtrusive "Cops" camera crew videotaping the whole thing!? What idiots!

Last edited by Fish Man : 01-30-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #294
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Send in the dog! lol.

Yesterday's (04/24/11) episode had them searching for a third-member of a group of guys that broke into a building stealing equipment.

Always amazes me that a dog can pick out someone's scent and track them. Sure enough the dog leads the Cops right to the man hiding underneath a building. After several warnings to come out or the dog is coming in, they sent in the very-eager dog. Suddenly the man is ready to comply when the dog is chewing on his arm. lol
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #295
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
Send in the dog! lol.

Yesterday's (04/24/11) episode had them searching for a third-member of a group of guys that broke into a building stealing equipment.

Always amazes me that a dog can pick out someone's scent and track them. Sure enough the dog leads the Cops right to the man hiding underneath a building. After several warnings to come out or the dog is coming in, they sent in the very-eager dog. Suddenly the man is ready to comply when the dog is chewing on his arm. lol
Yea, then the guy asks the cops if the bite wound is bad. "nah, just a scratch" as his arm is covered in blood. I love when they send the dogs in. I remember one a few years ago where the dog almost took the guys ear off.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #296
nmiller855

I liked his excuse that he didn't respond to the cop warning about the dog was because he was almost asleep! If you don't put yourself in a situation like that, you probably won't be hunted down by a dog & bitten.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #297
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Yea, then the guy asks the cops if the bite wound is bad. "nah, just a scratch" as his arm is covered in blood. I love when they send the dogs in. I remember one a few years ago where the dog almost took the guys ear off.
I love it when they send in the dogs too.

I also love the show "K9 Cops" on Animal Planet (all 6 or 8 episodes of it).

As a lifetime dog owner, who's favorite breed is the German Sheppard (and has owned several), I can tell you that when those dogs are tracking a bad guy or searching for drugs or a gun, from their body language it's obvious they're over-the-moon happy! Those dogs LOVE THEIR JOBS!

To see such a happy dog and a bad guy getting what's he opted for after repeated warnings (dog bit)? Yeah, I admit, I love it!

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #298
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man View Post
I love it when they send in the dogs too.
I love it as well, but I think I still like these 3 little words better "Taser taser taser."
Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #299
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

One of my favorite episodes ever (i can't remember anything about it except that it) showed a guy getting tazed at the same time the dog was trying to rip his leg off!

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #300
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMidniteBombr View Post
One of my favorite episodes ever (i can't remember anything about it except that it) showed a guy getting tazed at the same time the dog was trying to rip his leg off!
Ohh, I haven't seen that one. That's awesome. The best of both worlds!