Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2015, 10:58 PM   #1
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Big Brother Wed 8/5/2015

"Judas is wazza bauttle The Pipicle meat." - Clay

Old 08-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
series5orpremier

Wow, horny Meg putting the moves on Clay while Shelli is in the diary room. She's ready to tag team into a Cleg power couple showmance position.

I don't know whether that's a smart game move to get to him before Julia or Jackie does, or a dumb game move to be associated with him.

Last edited by series5orpremier; 08-05-2015 at 11:28 PM.
series5orpremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #3
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by series5orpremier View Post
Wow, horny Meg putting the moves on Clay while Shelli is in the diary room. She's ready to tag team into a Cleg power couple showmance position.
Imagine Clay trapped in the eviction house with her. Jeez Meg let the body get cold.

Clay sure looked like he wanted to push her away but his hands thought otherwise.

JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
series5orpremier

He had a big smile on his face like 'Is this happening?', but ultimately he didn't have any objections.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #5
hairyblue
A good Man

Johnny Mac looked very uncomfortable witnessing that. I found the whole thing distasteful. Johnny did say alcohol was involved.

I'm loving James' rule as HoH. He looks like a better player than I thought. But he mentioned he spent 3 years in jail? I wonder what for? And his southern wisdom phases are getting better.

I think Clay is going home tonight.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres with Comcast service
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:59 AM   #6
Martha

Sometimes he wears a "SCDC" hat - I'm guessing he was a prison guard with the South Carolina Department of Corrections?

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #7
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Good but slightly predictable episode. I used to like Meg. She seemed a bit creepy but Clay also seems like a ******.

Anyway, hopefully it's Clay that goes tonight. But, game wise, shelli is a much better player so who knows.

2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #8
hairyblue
A good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Sometimes he wears a "SCDC" hat - I'm guessing he was a prison guard with the South Carolina Department of Corrections?
That would make more sense. But the way he said it, it didn't sound like he worked at a jail. He did show great courage standing up to big Clay. I admire that.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres with Comcast service
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:27 AM   #9
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
This episode is why I like this show. You get someone like Shelli who is so put out that anybody would dare try to come after them and lie to them tp get it done. And then try to deny that they had done the exact same thing if not worse to those same people just the week before. It's especially good when they cry about it. In some sick way I really enjoy that!

Old 08-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #10
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
This episode is why I like this show. You get someone like Shelli who is so put out that anybody would dare try to come after them and lie to them tp get it done. And then try to deny that they had done the exact same thing if not worse to those same people just the week before. It's especially good when they cry about it. In some sick way I really enjoy that!
Agreed. And when she looks back on this and sees how it appears the only thing she's concerned about is being separated from Clay rather than lose a possible 500k chance, she'll really feel stupid. I'm sure her family/friends watching the show are embarrassed for her.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #11
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Sweet Meg makes a power move. Great TV. Maybe sweet Meg does have some game besides being likable.

I thought Vanessa, a poker player, would be less emotional. Good season.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #12
angbear1985
Τι ποτέ !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
Johnny Mac looked very uncomfortable witnessing that. I found the whole thing distasteful. Johnny did say alcohol was involved.

I'm loving James' rule as HoH. He looks like a better player than I thought. But he mentioned he spent 3 years in jail? I wonder what for? And his southern wisdom phases are getting better.

I think Clay is going home tonight.
There was a mug shot of James I saw online - when the show started. Contempt of family court. But- wouldn't think that would be three years in jail??

Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Agreed. And when she looks back on this and sees how it appears the only thing she's concerned about is being separated from Clay rather than lose a possible 500k chance, she'll really feel stupid. I'm sure her family/friends watching the show are embarrassed for her.
I always wonder if there's a future between them outside the house. They get so emotional like they are star crossed lovers or something like that, but usually when the exit interviews occur we usually get "Well, we'll see how it goes outside the house, we'll always be good friends" type of thing. Obviously there have been a couple of teams that did stay together after.

Big Brother brings out the self righteousness of so many people, and it's so fun to watch.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #14
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I always wonder if there's a future between them outside the house. They get so emotional like they are star crossed lovers or something like that, but usually when the exit interviews occur we usually get "Well, we'll see how it goes outside the house, we'll always be good friends" type of thing. Obviously there have been a couple of teams that did stay together after.

Big Brother brings out the self righteousness of so many people, and it's so fun to watch.

Yep. Clay saying to James that it was a "chickensh*t move". Um no, it was the exact opposite of that.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #15
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

I have a feeling after Shelli sees the little moment we saw Clay and Meg share last night, there will be no future. BUt who knows.

I thought it was funny how one or maybe both of them said something like "We'll always have each others back even outside this house". That just seems like an odd "non commitment" to make.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #16
RickyL
valar morghulis

Not very smart of Meg. If johnny mac talks, Clay should be gone. who would trade one power couple for another when you can remove both in one swipe.

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #17
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyL View Post
Not very smart of Meg. If johnny mac talks, Clay should be gone. who would trade one power couple for another when you can remove both in one swipe.
More targets to go after other than yourself.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #18
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
This!! I really liked Shelly at the beginning of the season, but this episode put my hate for her at 11.

JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #19
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
He did show great courage standing up to big Clay. I admire that.
I liked how he handled them both in the HOH room. They were complaining and, I forget what his exact words were, but he shut them up right there and then. He's had some really good arguments.

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #20
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Yep. Clay saying to James that it was a "chickensh*t move". Um no, it was the exact opposite of that.
Exactly. The chicketsh*t move would have been to put up two floaters like Steve and JMac. Instead, he put up a power couple that has a powerful alliance to back them up.

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #21
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

James did work as a corrections officer for 3 yrs. I think you guys may have misheard that part of last night.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #22
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
James did work as a corrections officer for 3 yrs. I think you guys may have misheard that part of last night.
Maybe someone could find the quote but I remember it as 'I was in prison for 3 years' rather than 'I worked in a prison for 3 years'.
But, I'm sure the latter is correct. Just might be the way he wanted it to sound.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #23
series5orpremier

Quote:
I have a feeling after Shelli sees the little moment we saw Clay and Meg share last night, there will be no future.
Yeah, I watched it again and maybe it was the edit but Clay was actually the first one to make an intimate physical move by pulling her in closely at the waist. And he seemed perfectly sober at first asking Meg to vote him out. I kind of doubt that was the first time they've had chemistry and affection between each other. Reminding each other not to tell anyone looks pretty bad too.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #24
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
Maybe someone could find the quote but I remember it as 'I was in prison for 3 years' rather than 'I worked in a prison for 3 years'.
But, I'm sure the latter is correct. Just might be the way he wanted it to sound.
I've got to rewatch to confirm...but I think he didn't say either of those phrases... I thought he said that he "spent 3 years in prison"... Which is very vague, and could mean that he "was" or "worked" in the prison...

I spent 23 years at my previous employer... Was I a prisoner, or a worker?

MikeekiM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #25
MikeekiM
Palindromer

I have to say...I really, really, really LOVE James' game play...

I absolutely LOVE:
  • ...the consistency of his attitude in and out of the diary room that he is fine with getting blood on his hands, and that he is here to make big moves...
  • ...his bold attitude that the front door is better than the back door, and that you only use the back door if you have to. I forgot the quote exactly, but that was a great line from him last night.
  • ...that he isn't going to his nominees and telling them how sorry he is, and how he was in a tight position, and how hard it was to put them up (but that he had no choice).
  • ...that he owns up to the decision, and doesn't make lame excuses that the house, or anyone else is mandating this move.
  • ...that he tells the other houseguests that this is a good move for everyone else in the house, while owning up 100% to the move in front of the noms...
  • ...how he doesn't back down to Clay and Shelli when they accuse him of making the "chicken sh*t" move or going back on his word.
  • ...his comment and quote from Boogie that you can bounce checks in Big Brother.
I am officially on Team James now... Unless he does something counter to the character he has built up this week, I am hoping he goes to the end... This is how you play Big Brother baby!!!

MikeekiM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #26
Donbadabon
Geocacher

James saying he spent time in prison is like Sayid from Lost when he said he fought in the Gulf war.

The intial thought it one thing, and the reality is another.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #27
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post

I have to say...I really, really, really LOVE James' game play...

I absolutely LOVE:
  • ...the consistency of his attitude in and out of the diary room that he is fine with getting blood on his hands, and that he is here to make big moves...
  • ...his bold attitude that the front door is better than the back door, and that you only use the back door if you have to. I forgot the quote exactly, but that was a great line from him last night.
  • ...that he isn't going to his nominees and telling them how sorry he is, and how he was in a tight position, and how hard it was to put them up (but that he had no choice).
  • ...that he owns up to the decision, and doesn't make lame excuses that the house, or anyone else is mandating this move.
  • ...that he tells the other houseguests that this is a good move for everyone else in the house, while owning up 100% to the move in front of the noms...
  • ...how he doesn't back down to Clay and Shelli when they accuse him of making the "chicken sh*t" move or going back on his word.
  • ...his comment and quote from Boogie that you can bounce checks in Big Brother.
I am officially on Team James now... Unless he does something counter to the character he has built up this week, I am hoping he goes to the end... This is how you play Big Brother baby!!!
Agreed. After this week, James is now the player I am rooting for. His type of aggressive gameplay is very fun to watch. It's basically the polar opposite of how Vanessa is playing. All she cares about is "not getting any blood on her hands". I agree with the person who said they are surprised by how emotional she is. A professional poker player has to keep their emotions close to the vest or they wouldn't be very good. I wonder why she isn't able to do that inside the house.

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #28
BrandonRe

I think what James said was "I did three years in prison". Having worked in corrections in a previous life, I can relate to using that sort of phrase to describe working in a prison. However, it is ambiguous. I would guess that by this time in the house, the other players would have known about his work in a prison, so it would have been interpreted as such. For those who didn't know, it is definitely open to (mis)interpretation.

BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #29
series5orpremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Agreed. After this week, James is now the player I am rooting for. His type of aggressive gameplay is very fun to watch. It's basically the polar opposite of how Vanessa is playing. All she cares about is "not getting any blood on her hands". I agree with the person who said they are surprised by how emotional she is. A professional poker player has to keep their emotions close to the vest or they wouldn't be very good. I wonder why she isn't able to do that inside the house.
I think being emotional at times is part of her strategy so as to not look too cold and calculating (like a poker player). James is playing the game the best way for the classic rules that are in play now, but it's harder to play with that front door attitude when the stupid battle of the block is in play and your nominees have two chances to save themselves and maybe even influence you being backdoored yourself.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:14 PM   #30
RickyL
valar morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
More targets to go after other than yourself.
lol, good point.
I didn't think she was interested winning, only scoring.

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote