TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
DVC California

The Amazing Race: OAD 10-31-2014: "I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat"

I didn't see a thread started yet.

I'm really happy that Mom & Daughter got Philiminated. Karma was sweet doing this one ep after they u-turned the last couple who left. I felt they were both stubborn and toxic individuals that really couldn't work together as a team.

I'm surprised (and not surprised) that the producers didn't edit the end to appear they were still racing against the Food Scientists. It was probably too obvious from the order teams completed the zip line/puzzle roadblock.

On a different subject, was I the only one amused by Tim & Te Jay's dialogue while pitching their tent? They probably said exactly the same things on their first date! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.).
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
stellie93

I couldn't believe the one arm girl went over that rope bridge thing. Any of the others who were scared looked bad compared to her. And then the one girl who actually ran across there. Props to her.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
And then the one girl who actually ran across there. Props to her.
Holy cow! I was impressed with her. I'm rooting for them. They seem to just be having fun.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

The surfers, dentists, and bicycle girls would make an excellent final 3.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
DVC California

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I couldn't believe the one arm girl went over that rope bridge thing. Any of the others who were scared looked bad compared to her. And then the one girl who actually ran across there. Props to her.
And the fact that she (and the others) also had to rebook on their safety line periodically made it more impressive.

The views were breathtaking but I'm not sure if I would be able to enjoy it while crossing that bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I would be happy with any of these three. I'm personally rooting for the surfers because of her incredible positive attitude and uplifting life story.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
VegasVic
Craps Player

My least favorite team is now gone. I don't really care for the Dentists but they're defeintieyl good. This is one of the more competitive races I can remember.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

The surfers and cyclists are my favorites, The cyclists especially seem to be just having fun. The surfers seem to be drama free and it is damn hard not to root for her when watching her cross that bridge and taking off her shoes so that she could do the puzzle.

With all the talk of the save, it is easy to forget that the surfers are still sitting on an express pass.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Ment

Thought the bikers shot themselves in the foot by switching tasks when the easier part of the goat milking task presented themselves. I'm trying to figure out their logic: was the actual milking part really fast that they thought switching tasks instead of spending 55 minutes jiggling milk was faster?
Old 11-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
MarkofT

Once they found out there was basically a specified time to do the churning, they thought they could setup the tent faster. Up until that point, the time it would take was unknown.
MarkofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #10
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California View Post
And the fact that she (and the others) also had to rebook on their safety line periodically made it more impressive.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but you do realize they always had TWO safety lines, right?

So each time they would move over to the next section, you unhook one, hook it up after the connection, then move the other one.. So AT ALL TIMES you have a safety line.

I'm not saying it wasn't impressive to do this with one arm.. Just that it's not like she or anyone was doing it AT ANY TIME without having a safety line.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #11
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Thought the bikers shot themselves in the foot by switching tasks when the easier part of the goat milking task presented themselves. I'm trying to figure out their logic: was the actual milking part really fast that they thought switching tasks instead of spending 55 minutes jiggling milk was faster?
45 minutes
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #12
DVC California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you, but you do realize they always had TWO safety lines, right?

So each time they would move over to the next section, you unhook one, hook it up after the connection, then move the other one.. So AT ALL TIMES you have a safety line.

I'm not saying it wasn't impressive to do this with one arm.. Just that it's not like she or anyone was doing it AT ANY TIME without having a safety line.
Yes, that is precisely what impressed me. The fact that she had to periodically unhook the first D-ring, rehook past the obstacle, unhook the second D-ring, and again rehook, all one-handed, while balanced on a very narrow board, without being able to steady herself, hundreds of feet in the air. Think about that for a minute.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post

I like the wrestlers, too.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #14
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California View Post
Yes, that is precisely what impressed me. The fact that she had to periodically unhook the first D-ring, rehook past the obstacle, unhook the second D-ring, and again rehook, all one-handed, while balanced on a very narrow board, without being able to steady herself, hundreds of feet in the air. Think about that for a minute.
But as a surfer I bet she has exceptional balance.

They are definitely my favorite team.