TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #391
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Have you run VRD as administrator at least one time after installing a new version of it? That's a fix for what I think is your problem, which is the VRD COM object VideoReDoSilent is not registered where it should be in the Windows Registry.

My primary development computer now is a Win 7 64 bit and I also have two Win XP Pro computers. However, I'm no longer running VRD Plus on any of them, which could be a complication in debugging this case.

For testing I have a non-admin logon account on my Win 7 machine and I can run TVAP successfully from that account without using Run as admininistrator and no UAC prompts.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by dlfl : 02-27-2010 at 08:12 PM.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #392
Burger23

That's exactly what the problem was! Thankls you.

Since I never actively use VRD, I never had cause to Run as Administrator.

Now I have anoher issue with commercial editing- At the end of QSF processing, or perhaps at the very begginning of the Comskip processing, I get the error message as shown below. The processing continues for another 30 seconds- then says it is complete- obviously not enough time has gone by. And no file is created in \\SERVER\Movies. Also, do I have my settings correct? I just want TVAP to handle processing of .tivo to .dvr-ms with QSF, then use Comskip to cut out commercials, and finally to place the edited dvr-ms to \\SERVER\Movies.

We're getting there

Burger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #393
dlfl
Cranky old novice

You're using a really old version of VRD Plus. Why not download the latest version? It looks like it just doesn't want to load the .TiVo file -- the error message is coming from VRD, not TVAP.

Can you load that file manually into VRD and QSF it to DVR-MS ? I mean without running VRD as administrator?

Even Dan203 doesn't remember the details now, but there was a time (probably the version you're using) when you had to have Admin privileges on Vista to process DVR-MS files. I think that would translate to requiring run-as-admin in Win7. You could try running TVAP with run-as-admin but even then I'm not sure it launches the VRD COM functions with run-as-admin in Win7. I don't know if it could be coded to do that but it isn't necessary with any recent version of VRD.

and
Old 02-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #394
Burger23

Wow- you were right. I was using a really old version- 2007! It is the version listed on their main web page. I went into betas and dowmloaded a very current version.

A show is procesed fine from tivo to dvr-ms with QSF and placed into D:\TEMP QSF folder. Comskip starts- but it completes in under a minute-this is not possible. Furthermore the log reports that the completed file is written to \\SERVER\Movies- this is not happening- there are no new files in the folder.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #395
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I've never used DVR-MS much. However I've been testing tonight with DVR-MS outputs selected and I find that the first two .TiVo files I tested with QSF followed by ComSkip cause ComSkip to hang up. Doing the same thing but using VRD AdScan works OK. I'm using the default comskip.ini file and don't know much about tuning ComSkip -- maybe there's some parameter change that would make it work(?).

I've verified that these ComSkip hangs have nothing to do with TVAP by running ComSkip stand-alone on the same QSF'ed .dvr-ms files. The same hangups occur. On these two files, ComSkip runs a good long while then during one of its processes it gets up to 64% or 93% then just hangs. I have to close the ComSkip command window and no .vprj file is produced.

Also, if you QSF to .mpg then apply ComSkip these same files do OK. There seems to be something about VRD's DVR-MS output that causes a problem with ComSkip. I'm running TVSuite 4, Build 596.

and
Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #396
Burger23

Thanks for the prompt reply. I also have successfully previously used just Adscan to cut commercials. But I wanted to try out Comskip. And I also occassionally got Comskip to sucesfully complete and successfully place the completed adcut show in the proper directory- but only 1 show. Then Comskip hangs.

I use dvr-ms because my whole HT (music, videos, blu-ray, pictures,TV, etc) is built around Windows Media Center. WMC currently uses the .wtv to format its TV shows- previous versions used dvr-ms externsions. DVRMST is a wonderful program that among other things, uses either ShowAnalyzer or Comskip to automatically edit out commercials. But the commercial removal program can only process dvr-ms files.

I use TiVo because 1)I had it before I got my media center hooked up; and 2)the TiVo has my cablecard which I need for cable shows. The the announced 2nd or 3rd quarter release of cablecard ready tuners by by HD Homerun and Ceton which coincides with my 3-year renewal of TiVo subscription, I will switch to the new HD Homerun box and eliminate the TiVo, and its monthly/annual fees.

But in the meantime I will return to Adscan (not Comskip) now that I know that I am not the only one having issues. Thanks again for you help.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #397
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger23 View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. I also have successfully previously used just Adscan to cut commercials. But I wanted to try out Comskip. And I also occassionally got Comskip to sucesfully complete and successfully place the completed adcut show in the proper directory- but only 1 show. Then Comskip hangs.

I use dvr-ms because my whole HT (music, videos, blu-ray, pictures,TV, etc) is built around Windows Media Center. WMC currently uses the .wtv to format its TV shows- previous versions used dvr-ms externsions. DVRMST is a wonderful program that among other things, uses either ShowAnalyzer or Comskip to automatically edit out commercials. But the commercial removal program can only process dvr-ms files.

I use TiVo because 1)I had it before I got my media center hooked up; and 2)the TiVo has my cablecard which I need for cable shows. The the announced 2nd or 3rd quarter release of cablecard ready tuners by by HD Homerun and Ceton which coincides with my 3-year renewal of TiVo subscription, I will switch to the new HD Homerun box and eliminate the TiVo, and its monthly/annual fees.

But in the meantime I will return to Adscan (not Comskip) now that I know that I am not the only one having issues. Thanks again for you help.
With version 0.87 you can now use ComSkip with your DVRMS outputs, with no problem -- see the next post!

Edit: You do have to use the two-step process flow (QSF followed by AdScan-with-ComSkip). The QSF'ed file will be .mpg in 0.87 which gives the goodness to ComSkip.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 03-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #398
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.87 -- MAJOR Changes !!

Changelog 2 Mar 2010 Ver. 0.87
Major Change – Process flow and folder uses have been changed substantially. There is a single output folder where all final outputs of any process flow are saved. There is a temp(QSF) folder that is used only for temporary QSF'ed files (when the process flow is QSF followed by AdScan). All folders must be distinct now – no two folders can be the same. See the Process Flow and Folders section [of TVAP-Readme.pdf] above for details. When the process is QSF followed by AdScan, the (temporary) QSF file is saved in the Temp(QSF) folder and will be deleted when processing is done, provided Delete QSF is checked.
Major Change – When the process flow is QSF followed by AdScan, the (temporary) QSF'ed file is saved in .mpg format. This has the advantage increasing ComSkip usability – if the QSF'ed file was DVRMS format, ComSkip frequently failed. Also, no temporary or final output files have “_QSF” added to their names.
Change – User Post-process files are run (if checked) for all output types now.
Fixed – For DVRMS outputs, the metadata was not being inserted in the output file for some process flows.
Fixed – The user postprocess and clean-up batch files were being called twice for some process flows.

DISCUSSION OF CHANGES:
For upgrading TVAP users, your current XML data file will be fine but what you used to call the QSF Destination folder will now be the Temp (QSF) folder, and what you used to call the Ad Scan Destination folder will be the (final) Output Folder.

However you may have to make some changes, for example:
1. If you had two folders that were the same, they will have to be set to different locations. And all folders must be set except the TiVo Destination.
2. If you use a process flow where all you do is QSF, the output file will now be saved to the Output Folder (the one that used to be called the Ad Scan folder). And of course the location of your post-process script will have to change accordingly.
3. Post-Process and Clean-up scripts may have to change because TVAP now produces NO output files with "_QSF" in their names! (That's a good thing, right?)

Notes to Windows 7 users:
1. Whenever you install a new version of VideoReDo , it is strongly recommended you run it once as administrator (Right-click shortcut and select “Run as administartor”) before starting TVAP.

2. After TVAP inserts metadata into a final DVRMS output file, the file may be unavailable to other programs for up to 5 minutes. If you are doing postprocessing or cleanup involving the output file your batch file should take this into account, e.g.,, with a wait statement. I have no idea what's going on here and it only seems to happen on Win 7. I spent some time on it but didn't see what causes it -- so we have to live with it for now, at least.

and
Old 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #399
Burger23

drv-ms is checked- but looks like a mpg is being created
Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #400
dlfl
Cranky old novice

You have Do QSF and Do Adscan both checked, correct?

The QSF will produce a .mpg file in the Temp (QSF) folder. Then the AdScan output will produce a DVRMS in the Output folder.

and
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #401
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
You have Do QSF and Do Adscan both checked, correct?

The QSF will produce a .mpg file in the Temp (QSF) folder. Then the AdScan output will produce a DVRMS in the Output folder.
I decided to make my laptop XP machine a test bed for VRD Plus (for now), so I uninstalled all VRD versions then installed the latest Beta Build 596 of VRD Plus. I discovered the "Run VideoReDo" button would not launch VRD and found the reason was that somewhere along the line VRD changed the executable's file name from "videoReDo.exe" to "VRDPlus3.exe".

I modified TVAP to handle either executable name and with the modified version the QSF+ComSkip-AdScan process without autocuts ran just fine.
Will put the modified TVAP up for download ASAP.

and
Old 03-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #402
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.88 Minor fix

2 Mar 2010 Ver. 0.88
Fixed – “Run VideoReDo” button did not work with VRD Plus Beta Build 596 because the VRD Plus executable file name had been changed from “VideoReDo.exe” to “VRDPlus3.exe”.

Unless you're using late VRD Plus betas, you probably don't need this fix.

and
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #403
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Hi

How about two things:

You have post processing. Can you add preprocessing?

The reason I ask is I use mfs_ftp to download from the Tivo. It is much faster but creates .ty or .ty+ files, not .tivo

I want to run a preprocess to use s3tots to cvt these to .mpg files, which would then be used to go thru VRD4 to make MP4 files.

Or better, preprocessing *AND* ty/ty+ support. All you would need to do is run s3tots as a first step outputting a mpg for the rest of the processing.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #404
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Hi

How about two things:

You have post processing. Can you add preprocessing?

The reason I ask is I use mfs_ftp to download from the Tivo. It is much faster but creates .ty or .ty+ files, not .tivo

I want to run a preprocess to use s3tots to cvt these to .mpg files, which would then be used to go thru VRD4 to make MP4 files.

Or better, preprocessing *AND* ty/ty+ support. All you would need to do is run s3tots as a first step outputting a mpg for the rest of the processing.
Have you looked at **DirMon** for this?

and
Old 03-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #405
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.89

10 Mar 2010 Ver. 0.89
Fixed – BTV metadata dates were incorrect.
Fixed – Unnecessary updates to input video file list during file transfers caused scrolling that interfered with operator use of the list.

I've left Ver. 0.88 on the download site in case.......

and
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #406
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.90 -- MPEG4 Metadata

10 March 2010 Ver. 0.90
Added
– Default configuration option to insert metadata in .mp4 and .m4v output files, using AtomicParsley. Checkbox is enabled only if running TVSuite 4. AtomicParsley.exe is installed with TVAP. It is run before any postprocess or cleanup batch files.

Thanks are due the Source Forge AtomicParsley project for this capability.

Due to two TVAP updates in one day, the previous two versions of the program have been left on the download site, just in case.....

and
Old 03-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #407
msmart

Episode Number

Hey dl, speaking of AtomicParsley.... now that I'm using it, I've noticed that the episodeNumber for the show Psych is consistently wrong. I'm sure it's TiVo's fault, but what I'm noticing that it's always short one episode.

Example, the 3/3 episode is the 15th episode of season 4 but the metadata file shows it as 4014. It should be 4015. What I have to do is edit the metadata file before the post process batch runs to make it 415.

Has anyone else noticed that the episode number is off by one?

Also, because there is a leading zero in the episode, Atomic Parsley makes it season 40 but I know there probably isn't anything you can do about this.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #408
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmart View Post
Hey dl, speaking of AtomicParsley.... now that I'm using it, I've noticed that the episodeNumber for the show Psych is consistently wrong. I'm sure it's TiVo's fault, but what I'm noticing that it's always short one episode.

Example, the 3/3 episode is the 15th episode of season 4 but the metadata file shows it as 4014. It should be 4015. What I have to do is edit the metadata file before the post process batch runs to make it 415.

Has anyone else noticed that the episode number is off by one?

Also, because there is a leading zero in the episode, Atomic Parsley makes it season 40 but I know there probably isn't anything you can do about this.
Yeah, don't think there's much that can be done about these issues, unless you wanted to adopt a rule that season numbers can never be greater than some maximum. I'm not sure what a safe number would be, however. I wonder if 9 would be worth using, recognizing there are definitely series that are past 9 seasons -- but are there any that TVAP users care about ? (The only ones that come to mind are soap operas, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. I think one or two popular series may have gone more than 9 seasons, but it's getting pretty rare.)

I think you're discussing pyTiVoParsely rather than TVAP, but the conversions are identical.

and
Old 04-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #409
garrubal

Is there any way to automate or semi-automate doing this the following?

- Transfer shows from Tivo to PC using Tivo Desktop Plus (I think the feature is alredy built in

- Remove commercials using VideoReDo automatically (it looks like this program TVAP does that).

- Return the edited program back from PC to Tivo using Tivo Desktop Plus automatically.

Is there a way to do this? Looking at Tivo desktop plus, I think there is an option to place a file in a folder to automatically move back to the Tivo.
garrubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #410
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrubal View Post
- Transfer shows from Tivo to PC using Tivo Desktop Plus (I think the feature is alredy built in
You don't need the Plus version for this. Also I think free program TiVoPlaylist offers more flexibility.

Quote:
- Remove commercials using VideoReDo automatically (it looks like this program TVAP does that).
TVAP runs VideoReDo or ComSkip to do this but usually neither method is perfect. TVAP has a mode where it runs the detection program then puts processing of that particular video on hold until you manually review and adjust the cuts in VideoReDo.

Quote:
- Return the edited program back from PC to Tivo using Tivo Desktop Plus automatically.
Again the plus version isn't needed. Either TivoDeskTop or pyTivo can be used to let you "pull" programs from the TiVo user interface. pyTiVo also lets you "push" videos back.

You may also want to checkout kmttg which can auto-transfer from the TiVo to your PC, and automate commerical removal, editing and processing, similar to TVAP. kmttg will also "auto push" videos back to the TiVo, working in conjunction with pyTiVo.

With either TVAP+VideoReDo or kmttg you can re-encode your videos to MPEG-4 (2X or 3X smaller for same video quality) and they can be pushed back with pyTiVo or streamed back with StreamBaby.

As you may be guessing by now there are a lot of good options and I haven't even mentioned some of the ifs, ands or buts concerning metadata.

Since I'm a TVAP user, my approach would be TiVoPlaylist, TVAP (and VideoReDo), and pyTiVo. I also encode to MPEG-4 and stream back using StreamBaby.

You might want to consider starting a thread here giving the most precise definition possible of your requirements and your PC and TiVo equipment info. Then users with other preferred approaches could give their suggestions. (I'd prefer to keep this thread on topic, i.e., TVAP.)

If you decide to use TVAP I and other TVAP users will be happy to help you in this thread.

and
Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #411
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.91 -- QSF Dimension Filtering

7 April 2010 Ver. 0.91
Added: Automatic application of dimension filters during QSF based on configuration file “VRDDimensionFilters.txt” located in the user's TVAP data folder (%APPDATA%\TVAP). Each line in this text file must contain three items, formatted as follows:
<match string> :: <filter width> :: <filter height>
Examples:
Tonight Show :: 1920 :: 1080
WDTNDT :: 1280 :: 720

If the video name contains the match string, the corresponding dimensions will be applied.

Syntax rules:
  • Matches are NOT case sensitive.
  • The double-colon delimiters “::” MUST be used to separate the three items.
  • Quotes are not needed, and should not be used, on the match string (unless they are part of the string).
  • Spaces before or after each item are ignored. (The spaces on each side of the double-colon delimiters in the examples are just for a neat look.)
  • If a line is improperly formatted it is ignored. The TVAP log gives messages indicating whether a filter was used during QSF of a file, and the dimensions used.
  • The first match found will be used. Thus if you have two match strings like “WDTNDT” and “WDTNDT2”, place the line with the longer match string higher in the file list.
If the dimensions file doesn't exist filtering is not done but operation is otherwise normal.

The dimensions file is read at the start of each QSF operation -- Thus you can modify it and changes will be in effect without restarting TVAP.

Note: If the file being processed has NO scenes with the filter dimensions you specify, VideoReDo will pop up a message box, which you must click. This obviously halts automatic processing until you click it.

and
Old 06-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #412
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.92

31 May 2010 Ver. 0.92
Added: Saves current configuration and file processing status if ended due to system shutdown or restart, and adds log entry: “Program ended because of system shutdown or restart”.

This should prevent having to manually stop processing on restart for XP and should prevent repeating past VRD processing for Win7 systems after restart.

and
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #413
bigfella

List won't clear

Can any one help me.
I have a couple of programs that are remaining in the top list, saying they are transferring.
They are not in the original TIVO folder and I can not get rid of them.
I have tried deleting the log files for TVAP but this didn't work

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Matt
bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #414
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
Can any one help me.
I have a couple of programs that are remaining in the top list, saying they are transferring.
They are not in the original TIVO folder and I can not get rid of them.
I have tried deleting the log files for TVAP but this didn't work

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Matt
There are two ways to fix this, both of which involve the TVAP XML data file, which is named TiVoFileManager.xml and is located in the TVAP data folder: %APPDATA%\TVAP (Type echo %APPDATA%\TVAP at a command prompt to see where this is for your logon.) Either method requires you shutdown TVAP.

1. Delete the XML file. This will mean you have to reconfigure TVAP just as in an initial installation, and will lose file status of all video files.

2. Edit out the sections in the XML file corresponding to the problem videos. Each video file has a section that starts with <TivoFileData> and ends with </TivoFileData>. The file name is the first element in the section.

I'm curious how this happened. If it continues to happen, try to figure out what action may have caused it and let me know.

and
Old 07-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #415
bigfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post

I'm curious how this happened. If it continues to happen, try to figure out what action may have caused it and let me know.
I think I may have deleted the files while they were encoding but I'm not sure.
I will let you know if it happens again.
bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #416
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Please take note:

I will soon be discontinuing upgrades to TVAP because VAP ("VideoReDo-autoprocessor") does everything TVAP does. VAP is very similar to TVAP but processes all the input file types that VideoReDo supports, including WTV if you have TVS4. The VAP thread is on the VideoReDo forums here:

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...ad.php?t=16340

I encourage TVAP users to switch over to VAP soon. Let me know if VAP doesn't do something you could do with TVAP.

and
Old 08-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #417
dlfl
Cranky old novice

VAP (not TVAP) Ver. 0.48 automatically reads video dimensions from input files and applies them to filter VRD QSF's. This upgrade will not be incorporated in TVAP (Please switch to VAP).

For details see the VAP thread:

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...ad.php?t=16340

and
Old 09-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #418
msmart

I switched from TVAP to VAP and am loving it. The latest version 0.50 has multiple instance capability. Config 1 is for processing newly downloaded TiVo files, config 2 to process previously edited shows that are in mpeg format converting them to mp4.

For anyone who is currently running TVAP, switching to VAP is transparent. I recommend it.