TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #301
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Another trial balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
As illustrated in this post on the VRD forums (free program) comskip is viewed as an attractive alternative to VRD AdScan for detecting commercials.

If there is user interest I will look into adding a comskip option to TVAP.
OK, that idea is dropped due to underwhelming user interest!

So time for a new one! How about (optional) automatic pushing of videos back to your TiVo after TVAP finishes processing them?

This idea was inspired by a recent post by cadmium, who was kind enough to share a code snippet showing how to do it. It relies on pyTivo to do the pushing -- all TVAP has to do is send an HTTP command to pyTiVo.

A possible feature would be for TVAP to queue up pending pushes and only command the pushes when (1) TVAP is not processing any videos and (2) pyTivo is running This feature could be of value if you're concerned about the processor loading of simultaneous TVAP-controlled encoding and pyTivo pushing (which also may involve encoding).

I usually transfer my encoded .mp4 files back to the tivo to check how they look on the TV, although their intended purpose is archiving.

I don't expect much user interest in this but .... surprise me!

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #302
lrhorer

More than just .TiVo files

This program has the basic mechanics of just what I want, but doesn't seem to quite fit the bill. I avoid using TiVo Desktop as much as possible, and none of the (very large number of) files I want to process are .TiVo files. What I want to do is auto-select .ts files from a specific directory and run the VRD Ad Detective on them automatically, saving the .vprj file for later manual inspection of the cuts before final processing. Is there any possibility the ability to handle other file types than just .TiVo files could be incorporated?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #303
lrhorer

Quote:
So time for a new one! How about (optional) automatic pushing of videos back to your TiVo after TVAP finishes processing them?
I don't think this is possible. Nothing I have read suggests TTGB transfers can be initiated from the PC side at this time. I would love to be proved wrong on this.

Quote:
I don't expect much user interest in this but .... surprise me!
Oh, I would definitely be interested, if it's possible, but I don't believe either the HMO or HME interfaces allow for PC side initiated PC => TiVo transfers.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #304
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Irhorer,

As stated in my previous post:

Quote:
It relies on pyTivo to do the pushing -- all TVAP has to do is send an HTTP command to pyTiVo.
pyTivo, at least wmcbrine's version, has been pushing videos back to TiVo for months now. However, due to underwhelming interest (including not much on my part actually) the TVAP-push idea has been abandoned.

There has been some interest from time to time in having TVAP work on input files other than TiVo. Don't know if I will ever get around to making such a program -- it's not just a trivial mod of TVAP and I don't have a personal need for it -- not yet at least.

Right now, I think DirMon is the way to automate this. It will monitor folders and you should be able to have it launch a batch or script file that would run VideoReDo via its COM interface, which is what TVAP does.

and
Old 05-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #305
lrhorer

That's lrhorer, if you please, not irhorer.

OK, I misread wmcbrine's post talking about the inability to push .tivo files, taking it to mean no files could be pushed to the TiVo. That .mpg files can be pushed is really good news, as that is all with which I am dealing.

As to the other, it looks to me like DirMon is a windows application. I don't need a Windows application if pyTiVo has an interface for transferring files to the TiVo. Worst case I can use Expect to pass the info to pyTivo via http.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #306
smithcferg

Closed captions

Hi, great program.

Is there a way you could include closed caption decoding into the pipeline?

Perhaps incorporate t2sami.exe? or tivodecode? Would be great for my spouse and other hearing impaired would be grateful too.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Craig
smithcferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #307
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Closed Captions

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithcferg View Post
.......Is there a way you could include closed caption decoding into the pipeline?.........
I think so. I'm assuming you just want TVAP to create a .srt file as part of the workflow -- is that correct? It looks like this can then be used with StreamBaby to provide CC's. I'm just now graduating to HD TiVo so will be able to test this with StreamBaby soon. This will work if you use a TVAP post-process file to transcode the TiVo/Mpeg2 to an MPEG4 format.

If you just use VideoReDo (e.g., via TVAP) to create an edited mpeg2 file (.mpg) or TiVo (.tivo) file, the CC info is still embedded and correctly edited in the stream and will display if you transfer it back with pyTiVo.

Actually the creation of the .srt (or SAMI) file would be quite easy using the (user supplied) TVAPpostProcess batch file capability built into TVAP already. You would just install T2SAMI and then a line or two in the post-process script file would run its extraction command-line program on the mpeg2 file that resulted from the TVAP/VideoReDo work flow.

Just FYI, CC will work in VLC media player with either type caption file extracted from the mpeg2 file output from VideoReDo when you play the .mp4 file transcoded from this file (e.g., with HandBrake using a TVAPpostprocess batch file). I tested this with a movie that had been heavily edited to remove commercials. The CC's stayed in sync throughout.

My current thinking is that running the CC extraction from the post-process file is so easy that integrating it into TVAP may not be worth the trouble. If anyone is interested I'll be glad to provide instructions and a sample script file for this -- or if someone beats me to it, please post here for everyone.

EDIT: Well I went ahead and did it. Just install T2Sami in its default location then here is what you put in your TVAPpostProcess.cmd file:

Code:
@echo off
setlocal

rem all folder path values should end with the '\' character

rem folder containing this batch file and .mpg video input file
set localDir=I:\videos\adscan\

rem destination folder for transcoded output video
set outDir=J:\Videos\mp4transcodes\

set mpgName="%localDir%%~1.mpg"
if not exist %mpgName% goto done2

rem Generate CC file with T2Sami
set t2samiFolder=C:\Program Files\T2Sami\
"%t2samiFolder%t2extract.exe" -f srt %mpgName%
if not exist "%localDir%%~1.srt" goto doneCC
set ccFile="%outDir%%~1.srt"
copy "%localDir%%~1.srt" %ccFile%
del "%localDir%%~1.srt"
:doneCC

rem transcoding commands here

:done2
Most of the lines were required because I couldn't get the -p (output path) option of t2extract.exe to work so I could specify my transcoded file folder as the place for it to put the .srt file.

If you want a SAMI formatted CC file, just remove the "-f srt" option and change ".srt" to ".smi" everywhere.

Of course you have to substitute folder names appropriate to your system.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 05-26-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #308
jmemmott

Quote:
Most of the lines were required because I couldn't get the -p (output path) option of t2extract.exe to work so I could specify my transcoded file folder as the place for it to put the .srt file.
I checked out the version that is up there now and there is a problem with the separator between the directory and filename when you use the -p option. If you are in a hurry, you can use Unix style forward slashes and it will work :

"C:\Program Files\T2Sami\t2extract.exe" -f srt -p "D:/My Video/" -f srt "E:\Tivo\Sanctuary - Revelations.mpg"

creates "D:\My Video\Sanctuary - Revelations.srt"

Otherwise, I am currently regression testing a new release that adds support for DVD subtitle streams => .srt and/or closed captions. Should be available in a couple of days. It will have a fix for this in it as well.
jmemmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #309
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
I think so. I'm assuming you just want TVAP to create a .srt file as part of the workflow -- is that correct? It looks like this can then be used with StreamBaby to provide CC's. I'm just now graduating to HD TiVo so will be able to test this with StreamBaby soon. This will work if you use a TVAP post-process file to transcode the TiVo/Mpeg2 to an MPEG4 format.
Just FYI, CC will work in VLC media player with either type caption file extracted from the mpeg2 file output from VideoReDo when you play the .mp4 file transcoded from this file (e.g., with HandBrake using a TVAPpostprocess batch file). I tested this with a movie that had been heavily edited to remove commercials. The CC's stayed in sync throughout.
Follow up: I've now tested this with StreamBaby on my new TiVo HD. Worked great!

and
Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #310
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemmott View Post
I checked out the version that is up there now and there is a problem with the separator between the directory and filename when you use the -p option. .... I am currently regression testing a new release that adds support for DVD subtitle streams => .srt and/or closed captions. Should be available in a couple of days. It will have a fix for this in it as well.
Just tested the t2sami release dated 5/28 with the added DVD subtitle support -- but doesn't look like it fixed the -p separator issue (?).

and
Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #311
jmemmott

Quote:
Just tested the t2sami release dated 5/28 with the added DVD subtitle support -- but doesn't look like it fixed the -p separator issue (?).
Could you give the exact command line you are using. I just ran the following against the current release :

"C:\Program Files\T2Sami\t2extract.exe" -f srt -p "D:\My Video" "E:\Tivo\Sanctuary - Revelations.mpg"

and it created a 75KB captioning file :

D:\My Video\Sanctuary - Revelations.srt

as expected. Something not so obvious seems to be happening.

jmemmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #312
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemmott View Post
Could you give the exact command line you are using. I just ran the following against the current release :

"C:\Program Files\T2Sami\t2extract.exe" -f srt -p "D:\My Video" "E:\Tivo\Sanctuary - Revelations.mpg"
Try adding a final '\' at the end of your output path. When I removed that it ran OK.

and
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #313
goodtrips

Quote:
If there is user interest I will look into adding a comskip option to TVAP.
OK, I'll bite. An unfrotunately delayed bite, however.

Recently I've been using a completely custom batch file (scheduled) to run through all the tasks once a TiVo file has been downloaded (Tivo File > VRD QSF > Comskip > VRD VPrj Cut > Handbrake > AtomicParsley for meta data > iTunes. Upgraded to the Windows 7 beta and have been nothing but issues with the Task Scheduler, though, and am looking at TVAP as a possible solution once again.

Having used both the commercial cutters in VRD and Comskip, in my opinion Comskip consistently does a more thorough and accurate job. Not perfect, but a significant improvement over VRD imo.

I know you're only getting one vote, but here's hoping
goodtrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #314
dlfl
Cranky old novice

goodtrips,

I thought you were unable to use TVAP because of mysterious file open problems, which to my knowledge were never resolved. Have you run TVAP on Windows 7 ? Would hate to add Comskip just to find you couldn't use TVAP anyway, since you appear to be part of a very small minority interested in using comskip.

If I did add it, I hope I can count on you for some help regarding installation, configuration and command line arguments, since I've never used comskip myself. One question is whether comskip should be distributed via the TVAP installer or just installed separately.

and
Old 06-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #315
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.73 -- Integrated ComSkip option!

ComSkip commercial detection may be sustituted for VideoReDo Ad Detective by checking "Use ComSkip Ad Scans" in Default Settings. The "Do Ad Scan" check boxes in Default Settings and in "Settings For Selected File" determine whether commercial detection (of any type) will be done. ComSkip will be used only if
1. The output type is MPEG2.
2. A QSF is performed. (ComSkip cannot use a .TiVo file as input.)
3. ComSkip.exe and a valid ComSkip.ini file are present in the ComSkip subfolder of the TVAP installation folder. The TVAP installer places these files there although it will not uninstall or overwrite an existing ComSkip.ini file.

If the conditions to use ComSkip are not met, Ad Scans will default to using VideoReDo Ad Detective as before.

More details may be found in the TVAPreadme.txt file, in particular the "Things To Know" section, item 20.

The ComSkip.ini file can of course be customized as desired. Users are referred to the ComSkip web sites ( http://www.comskip.org/ and http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/ ) for additional ComSkip information.

My experience with ComSkip has been just what it took to get it integrated into TVAP. So I hope I haven't done anything too ridiculous. It seemed to work fine in my (limited) testing with the default ini file.

Post any problems or suggestions and, as always, the previous version is available on the download site.

and
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #316
Icarus

Hi,

I'm just getting started with tvap, using video-redo to do the cuts, and save a project file, then manual review/save.

The first couple of files, I had it save the file as mpg, and did the cuts using the mpg file, but I think the resulting file (trimmed to ipod touch resolution using handbrake) didn't have the meta data. I see some text files in the directory I set up for the vprj files, but I had no idea what to do with them to get the meta data back in the final file.

So, this time around, I'm giving it a try saving the intermediate files as tivo files, and the plan is to use my modified ttg+ h.264 profile to do the final conversion to mp4, which, I believe should retain all the meta data for itunes. Is that correct? I think I will have to exit tvap, move the files back to the tivo dir, and then run ttg's gui to do the final conversions. Is there a better way to do this? I like the output files I got from handbrake, as they were better optimized for the ipod touch, but I don't like the loss of the meta data because itunes doesn't recognize it as a tv show and doesn't categorize the file properly.

I'm also wondering what tvap is waiting for now with all those files in the "waiting for cuts" state. How do I get rid of that? Cleaning up the directories? What does it intend to do? I do have it set to delete the original tivo file and intermediate qsf file. Does it want to delete the qsf file? Is that it? Where am I supposed to save the cut output to so it recognizes that I'm done?

Is there a better way for me to automate the final steps of converting the cut output to an mp4 with meta data suitable for my ipod touch than what I'm doing? All my files are HD, so they are huge until they are downsized in my final conversion process. TTG with my modified H.264 profile gets an hour down to about .5G. handbrake with it's better optimized settings is about 1/2 that size, and the 16:9 output seems to fully fill the touch's screen.

You know what would be really nice here? If I could do the final down-rez in video-redo and save it as mp4 right there. I wish they supported that, with profiles built-in for the popular players, like the ipod touch, etc, as with handbrake.

Thanks,
David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #317
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Hi,

I'm just getting started with tvap, using video-redo to do the cuts, and save a project file, then manual review/save.
I'm also wondering what tvap is waiting for now with all those files in the "waiting for cuts" state. How do I get rid of that? Cleaning up the directories? What does it intend to do?........
Is there a better way for me to automate the final steps of converting the cut output to an mp4 with meta data suitable for my ipod touch than what I'm doing?.......
Sorry the TVAPreadme.txt isn't very clear on this: The files in the AWAITING CUTS status are waiting for you to load the .vprj file in VideoReDo, and review/modify the cuts.

1. Select the file that is AWAITING CUTS in TVAP.
2. Stop TVAP processing (click Stop Processing button).
3. Click the Run VideoReDo button. This will load the project file into VRD so you can do your review and modify the cuts if necessary.
4. Save the project file from VRD (which will be offered on the file menu, including the project name) and quit VRD. Note: You must save the project file even if you don't modify the cuts. This updates the timestamp on the file so TVAP knows you have reviewed it.
5. Start Processing in TVAP (Click the Start Processing Button). TVAP will now command VRD to save the file to your Ad Scan destination folder with the cuts defined in the project file. If you have a TVAPPostProcess.cmd file in that folder it will then run that script file on the video, perhaps doing a HandBrake encoding.

You can do multiple files in steps 3 and 4. You don't have to just do one at a time.

TVAP just creates pyTivo metadata files in the final destination folder. These are text files named <video>.mpg.txt and HandBrake cannot use them. I don't know how you would get this metadata into the .mp4 files, although there may be a way to do it. I don't think HandBrake itself can do it.

If you check Delete Tivos and Delete QSF in the settings, you should not have to delete any intermediate files.

If you want to accept the automatic commercial cuts done by Ad Detective or ComSkip, just check Auto Cut after Ad Scans in the settings. Then you will never see the AWAITING CUTS status.

There is no reason to use TiVo output type for your purposes, as far as I understand it.

Hope this helps.

and
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #318
Icarus

aha, just save the project file. I was saving the entire output when I told tvap to run videoredo. ok thanks for that. that makes sense now that you explained it.

so, it doesn't make sense that I lost the metadata before the way I did it? Basically I was doing it manually, I guess, and not letting tvap do the entire thing. I guess I will try it again.

In order to used handbrake, I need one of it's supported file types output. The selections in tvap that seem to make sense to me are tivo and mpg, but of course handbrake doesn't take tivo input. So I should be using MPEG2 as the output in tvap, right? And if I do it right, it should keep the metadata all the way through the process, right?

Thanks for all this and the help.

-David
Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 AM   #319
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
aha, just save the project file. I was saving the entire output when I told tvap to run videoredo. ok thanks for that. that makes sense now that you explained it.

so, it doesn't make sense that I lost the metadata before the way I did it? Basically I was doing it manually, I guess, and not letting tvap do the entire thing. I guess I will try it again.

In order to used handbrake, I need one of it's supported file types output. The selections in tvap that seem to make sense to me are tivo and mpg, but of course handbrake doesn't take tivo input. So I should be using MPEG2 as the output in tvap, right? And if I do it right, it should keep the metadata all the way through the process, right?

Thanks for all this and the help.

-David
Glad things are starting to make sense!

Yes, mpeg2 is the output type you want for input to HandBrake.

Yes, TVAP will keep the pyTivo metadata file all the way through -- it will be in your Ad Scan destination folder along with the final version of the .mpg output file.

Here is a link where you can download an example TVAPPostProcess.cmd file for HandBrake encoding. It may be a little out of date and you will have to tune the HandBrake options to suit your purpose. Don't hesitate to ask for help.

and
Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #320
Icarus

Thanks, I will take a look at the file.

I'm still confused, because I'm not understanding what I need to do to keep all the metadata (program information) right in the encoded file. It's included in the .tivo file, and when I've done the process by hand without using tvap or videoredo, the metadata ends up included in the mp4 file and itunes can read it and classifies the show properly with the show title, episode name and synopsis. It doesn't come from a separate file, at least as I understand it.

I'm not using pytivo, but if I were, I'm sure those files might be useful. I want to make sure the metadata stays right in the encoded file and isn't somehow stripped from it when I process it.

-David
Old 06-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #321
Icarus

Let me try doing it the "right way" and see if I get the results I want. I will report back.

Thanks again.

-David
Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #322
Icarus

ok, so in this thread, around posts #23 - #27, it says that vrd maintains tivo meta data, but if I use vrd to save as mpg, it's all lost, I guess. In that case, all you get is the filename.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=330218

Somehow using ttg+ to convert the tivo to h.264, it isn't lost, I think. Looks like I have to do that. What a pain. Or I live without the metadata for now, and get all these uncategorized videos on my ipod touch.

ok, I really want vrd to output h.264 with profiles for the output resolution. That would really handle everything I need, assuming it can manage to insert the meta data properly in the h.264 file, like ttg+ conversion to h.264 does. Then once they do that, you can integrate those choices into tvap.

In that case, I think the steps in tvap might be something like:

1. vrd qsf output to .tivo
2. vrd ad-detect, create project file.
3. wait for manual project file update
4. vrd apply cuts from project file and output to h.264 (mp4) with resolution profile.
5. clean up.

An optimization would be to do the h.264 and down-res conversion in step 1, because the ad-detect and rest of the processes would be much faster with the much smaller files.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 06-11-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 AM   #323
Icarus

meta data in an mp4 file. File was run through tvap, keeping the file in .tivo format. Then copied the cut .tivo file back to the tivo dir, and used ttg+ to convert to h.264 (modified profile for ipod touch.) The meta data is there in the h.264 file (mp4) as shown in the quicktime player:

Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #324
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.74 - small bug fix

11 June 2009 Ver. 0.74
- Fix: For some large files, when using ComSkip without autocuts (manual review mode) autocut would be performed, i.e., skipping the "AWAITING CUTS" manual review.

This was caused by an arcane .vprj timestamp issue. The fix requires that at least 30 seconds elapse between when TVAP creates the project file and when you save that file from VideoReDo after reviewing cuts. Seems unlikely
anyone would beat that time but if you do, TVAP simply still thinks the video is awaiting cuts. (Obvious workaround, don't be so lightning fast in doing your manual cuts.)

This version also did a very minor polish on the TVAPReadMe.txt file.

and
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #325
dlfl
Cranky old novice

mp4 metadata

Icarus,

Take a look at this post in the kmttg thread.

Looks to me like there is a windows executable for Atomic Parsley that can read the pyTivo metadata file and put the metadata into a .mp4 file (?). At least that is what the post says kmttg is doing.

If this is true, it should be easy to do this in a TVAPpostProcess.cmd file. It may be that Atomic Parsley can't directly read the pyTivo file and kmttg is reading it and feeding the data into AP. Requires some investigation -- but seems interesting!

and
Old 06-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #326
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
........Looks to me like there is a windows executable for Atomic Parsley that can read the pyTivo metadata file and put the metadata into a .mp4 file (?). At least that is what the post says kmttg is doing.

If this is true, it should be easy to do this in a TVAPpostProcess.cmd file. It may be that Atomic Parsley can't directly read the pyTivo file and kmttg is reading it and feeding the data into AP. Requires some investigation -- but seems interesting!
Downloaded the windows version of AP and did some quick experiments. This looks quite doable. I used AP to add a Description tag to a 600MB .mp4 movie file that I encoded with HandBrake. It has to increase file size to hold the tag so it has to write a temp file. Took about 30 seconds with all file operations on a USB hard drive. The Description tag showed up in QuickTime Player.

AP will not read the pyTivo metadata file directly so that will have to be handled. My current thought is to write a little command line program that reads the pyTivo file and runs AP with the correct arguments. Then this program would be called from the TVAPpostProcess.cmd file.

A question is: which meta tags are to be set by this process?

AP says it can set all these iTunes style tags:
--artist (string) Set the artist tag
--title (string) Set the title tag
--album (string) Set the album tag
--genre (string) Genre tag (see --longhelp for more info)
--tracknum (num)[/tot] Track number (or track number/total tracks)
--disk (num)[/tot] Disk number (or disk number/total disks)
--comment (string) Set the comment tag
--year (num|UTC) Year tag (see --longhelp for "Release Date")
--lyrics (string) Set lyrics (not subject to 256 byte limit)
--composer (string) Set the composer tag
--copyright (string) Set the copyright tag
--grouping (string) Set the grouping tag
--artwork (/path) Set a piece of artwork (jpeg or png only)
--bpm (number) Set the tempo/bpm
--albumArtist (string) Set the album artist tag
--compilation (boolean) Set the compilation flag (true or false)
--advisory (string*) Content advisory (*values: 'clean', 'explicit')
--stik (string*) Sets the iTunes "stik" atom (see --longhelp)
--description (string) Set the description tag
--TVNetwork (string) Set the TV Network name
--TVShowName (string) Set the TV Show name
--TVEpisode (string) Set the TV episode/production code
--TVSeasonNum (number) Set the TV Season number
--TVEpisodeNum (number) Set the TV Episode number
--podcastFlag (boolean) Set the podcast flag (true or false)
--category (string) Sets the podcast category
--keyword (string) Sets the podcast keyword
--podcastURL (URL) Set the podcast feed URL
--podcastGUID (URL) Set the episode's URL tag
--purchaseDate (UTC) Set time of purchase
--encodingTool (string) Set the name of the encoder
--gapless (boolean) Set the gapless playback flag

A few of these have obvious one-to-one relationships to the pyTivo metaData and many of them have no pyTivo counterpart.

What are the desired tags, ranked in order of importance? If any desired tags are not available in the pyTivo metaData (e.g., grouping) they would have to handled as optional command line options for my program.

and
Old 06-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #327
Icarus

I think you might be able to figure out some of them from this.

This one is the program info (itunes) from a file I downloaded from tivo, processed and converted with ttg+ to h.264

Contrast that to this episode of Fringe which I downloaded from itunes:

It would be nice to do the proper tivo episode id to season#, episode# translation. For 523, that translates to season 5, episode 23.

If there's a better program I can use to display all the metadata, I'll be happy to download it and run it and post the output. I haven't looked for one yet.

I'm not sure what the metadata looks like for downloaded movies.

I think these are all ID3 tags. There must be a spec somewhere.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 06-11-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #328
Icarus

I found an old movie I downloaded in 2008. tivo and ttg+ incorrectly categorize it as a tv show, and it shows up under tv shows in itunes. On the video pane, Episode is 1.

I think movies should just have name, artist, year, genre and description, but you will get whatever tivo put in its own metadata of course.

-David
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #329
Icarus

hey, you know I have 2 mpg files and their metadata files still. I will download atomic parsley and play with them and see what I come up with.

the mpg files are the qsf output from when I was doing it the other way. I haven't gotten around to converting them yet, so I will run handbrake on them now and then play with this thing.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 06-11-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #330
Icarus

Found a gui for atomic parsley here: http://www.textzombie.com/videotag/

ah well, never mind. videotag didn't work at all for me. for me it crashes when running its own bundled copy of AtomicParsley.exe (named VTAtomicParsley.exe in videotag's install dir.)

Update: Phil, the guy who wrote this got back to me and we debugged it. I either had a corrupt download or his bundled version of Atomic Parsley is corrupt. Either way, if you replace the file named VTAtomicParsley.exe with the current 0.9 version of AtomicParsley.exe (properly renamed to VTAtomicParsley.exe in the install dir for videotag) this tool works, and it's a very nice tool.

AtomicParsley.exe <filename> -t
dumps all the tags in <filename>
Run it in a command prompt. Easier if you copy AtomicParsley.exe to where the video file is.

Atomic Parsley:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=447801

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 06-12-2009 at 04:28 AM.