TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
qkak

Tivo Desktop Transfer Issue

I have two HD Tivos and Tivo Desktop 2.6.2 (basic) running on XP. I have a number of recording stored on my PC that were recorded and transferred to my PC via Tivo Desktop. I just purchase a new Win7 PC and put the same version of Tivo Desktop on the new computer. I copied all the files to the recordings directory on the new box. I can play them, but there are two problems.

1) The files show up in the "Now Playing" on my PC, but the Episode column is not filled out. The whole file name is in the title column. The file names have not changed during the transfer. Not a big issue, but...

2) When I browse my PC from either of my Tivo's I unable to transfer them back to the Tivo. They all show up with a "not" symbol (red circle with a slash through it). The only one that works is one that I transferred to my new PC directly from the Tivo.

Any help is appreciated.

K
qkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Colinguinn

Do they say "Copyright Tribune Media Services" in the metadata?
Colinguinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
qkak

No. It says "The recording cannot transfer because its format is incompatible with this DVR."

The issue is that the recording was originally recorded on the DVR I am trying to xfer it back to.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
karen23s

Did you ever resolve this? I have similar issues with my TiVoToGo....

I have a number of programs that I transferred off my TiVo and now it has the "don't symbol" next to them and it won't let me transfer back to the TiVo to watch...

Any help???
karen23s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
qkak

No. What I had to do was to fire up my old computer and transfer the videos to the TIVO. Then from the TIVO I transferred them to my new computer. They work fine now, but it took a while to transfer things.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
karen23s

Big Grin

I found another thread that had some links to 2 programs that you can download (for free) and install and it will let you transfer any type of video file up to the TiVo. Its pretty cool. You should check it out (look for the thread labeled pyTiVo)!

Now there is one more reason why having a TiVo beats a DVR from the cable company!!!
karen23s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
steve614
what ru lookin at?

There is also software (some free) that will strip the .tivo DRM and output a regular .mpeg file that will transfer to and play on any Tivo.

I use VideoReDo (not free) so I don't know what current free software everyone's using now. TivoDecode comes to mind but I don't know if it's still supported.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote