TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: Have you ordered the TiVo HD?
No, I won't be ordering a TiVo HD 74 32.60%
Not yet. I'll be ordering mine later. 93 40.97%
Yes! I ordered mine from TiVo.com 24 10.57%
Yes! I ordered mine from Best Buy 15 6.61%
Yes! I ordered mine from Circuit City 15 6.61%
Yes! I ordered mine from (Other) 6 2.64%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
dvr4me

Have you ordered the TiVo HD?

When did you order?
Where did you order?
Has it shipped and on what carrier?
When do you expect to receive it?
Did you purchase a service contract?

I ordered mine 7/24/07 from Best Buy. I have received an email stating the order is complete and the order shows as complete on Best Buy's website. It is shipping UPS ground. I expect to receive the unit Friday. I have not bought a service contract but I may go into the store and buy one.

Last edited by dvr4me : 07-26-2007 at 09:05 PM.
dvr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
DonRoeber

Ordered yesterday along with a wireless adapter from tivo.com. Hasn't shipped yet. Hoping it arrive soon, I'm ready to say goodbye to my Comcast box. I got a two year monthly service plan.
DonRoeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

I already have a couple of S3s, so I have no need for one yet. However if they do anything to make them more necessary, like only enable MRV/TTG for them due to their trancoding chip, or come out with some sort of HD-DVD/Bluray combo unit then I'd probably pick one up.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
MickeS

I'm doing fine with my S3 and my ST S2 for now. I only have 1 TV, and receive OTA HD and analog cable, so no need for anything more than 3 tuners right now.
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
Globular
No time to hack

Ordered from TiVo.com on 7/24 at 16:05 EDT. It hasn't shipped yet.
Globular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
moyekj

I have 2 S3s and thus 4 tuners already (plus 3 lifetime ReplayTVs & a PC HD tuner), so don't really need more tuners at this time. I may contemplate Tivo HD down the road (especially if/when MRV is released) but will let all the bugs be sorted out by others 1st and will be curious to see how picture quality compares to S3s. Then again if the S3 will be sold in the future again for around $400 (with or without rebate) I will gladly pay $100 more for it over Tivo HD just for the bigger internal drive plus the front panel.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
gardavis

Ordered the $500 refurb to be delivered tomorrow and due to yesterday's announcement, I ordered the HD Tivo and will return the other one. Good timing, though it could have been better. I have th $6.95 Multi-Tivo service discount for 3 years. I have an old S1 with Lifetime and a S2. The HD will replace the S1.

Gary Davis
gardavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
bigusmfan

Need a new category. I bought mined at a B&M today. I checked Circuit City's online in-store inventory and found out that my local store had at least 1 in stock. Went there at lunch. No units on the floor but I asked the salesman for help. He searched DVRs for Tivo and the HD showed up. At that exact moment, another associate came up to hand this guy some shelf tags. The HD tag was on the top of the stack.

I used a 40 off 199 coupon that I got when I changed addresses recently. They had difficulty getting that coupon to apply because of the HD's newness I guess. About 20 minutes later, I was out the door with a brand new HD unit. At the merchandise p/u window, I asked the guy how many units they had received. He said it looked like they had gotten 2 total (so 1 left folks) that morning.

FYI, this was the Brentwood CC in St. Louis.
bigusmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
ScottUrman

We're very happy with our Series 3 (lifetime transfer) so no HD for us at the moment.
ScottUrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
WizarDru

Ordered mine through TiVo on the phone yesterday, 7/24 at 10AM EST. I tried ordering through the website, but they kept timing out during the credit card validation process. I called the sales line when they opened and they were extremely helpful. He took my info and called me back an hour later. Last night, I got my confirmation e-mail.

When I checked it late last night, however, it looked like it was predicting a shipping date of 8/14 (which is a little later than I expected, but c'est la vie).
WizarDru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #11
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain

Now that i am hearing TiVo is moving forward with MRV/TTG for S3 I am in the market. I think I wan the TiVo HD internals vs the S3 plus the TiVo HD price is right.

Now I am holding out for a lifetime transfer offer
Old 07-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #12
mriechers

1 S3 and 2 S2s are good enough for me for the time being. I am happy to see the much more reasonably price, and not crippled TiVo HD come to market tho. If I ever get another HDTV, I will likely purchase a TiVo HD for it as a companion vs. another S3.
mriechers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
jfh3

Yes, bought one at Circuit City about an hour ago. Why order one when you can pick it up in person?
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
dvr4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3
Yes, bought one at Circuit City about an hour ago. Why order one when you can pick it up in person?
Yeah, I noticed that Circuit City has them in store in the Minneapolis area. If only the llocal Best Buy store had them (5 minutes away) in store I would have gone out to get it. Last night when I ordered no stores were showing stock.
dvr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
Unix_Beard

Yes, from Tivo.com
Unix_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
Langree
The Gimp

I'm seriously considering it, but the HD is so small, 20 hours in HD programming is nothing for me to cap out quickly. If I read it right it currently won't recognize an external drive for added storage. If it did that I'd likely jump on it.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #17
mph005

Ordered one yesterday from tivo, but later canceled once I found out I live in the SDV black hole that is Time Warner Austin.

I'll have to live with my SA dvr for now, and curse it everytime I look at it.
mph005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #18
nhaigh

I'm still "Not Yet". For me additional TiVo's require MRV. Release that and I'm in the market for two to add to my current S3.
1 x TiVo S3 HD left
3 TiVo Premiers
Verizon FiOS - No Copy Protection :)
nhaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #19
cassiusdrow

I'll order one to replace an S2 w/cablebox in my bedroom when the following conditions are met:

- MRV/TTG is activated on the Series 3/TiVo HD platform
- The MRV/TTG transfer restrictions make it worthwhile
- The original Series 3 I have supports M-Card
- My cable company (Patriot Media, recently bought by Comcast) supports M-Card
S2 240, 500GB
All Lifetime
Cable:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NAS:
cassiusdrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #20
David Scavo

You should add some more categories

No - waiting on eSata support
No - waiting on TTG / MRV
No - waiting on Lifetime Transfer option

David Scavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #21
doormat

From TiVo.com, shipped 7/24, est. delivery on Monday (was hoping for Friday - I'm having friends over for poker Saturday night and was planning on demoing it).
Old 07-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
narnia777

I don't have an HD TV yet but even if I did couldn't afford a S3. A $300 HD might be more affordable, first I have to dig up $700 for a 37" lcd to replace my 32" crt tv.

Jim
narnia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #23
ldc3000

When did you order? 7/24
Where did you order? Circuit City
Has it shipped and on what carrier? Yes FedEx
When do you expect to receive it? 7/26
Did you purchase a service contract? NO
Old 07-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #24
knownzero
Seeker

Picked one up at CC tonight in Dublin OH. They had stock (the one in Polaris sold out quickly) and the one at Easton still had stock last I looked. I'm setting it up right now (sans cable cards - too late to call them tonight) as we speak.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #25
WTFover

Based on the info about CC from the post above, I cancelled my Tivo.c0m order and went and picked up my THD tonight from the Circuit City in Citrus Park, FL (Tampa).
Setting up now and will try and get a truck roll tomorrow for my cable card(s). I am hoping Verizon has M cards in my area!
WTFover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #26
knownzero
Seeker

Setup was easy. I'm scanning for channels on the antenna right now and it seems to be doing a decent job of picking stuff up with the antenna that came with my HDTV Wonder even in my Faraday cage of an apartment. The brief amount of HD OTA I saw looked good but I'll know more here in a few minutes when it gets done scanning for channels.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #27
AbMagFab
What happened, TiVo?

Anyone in the DC area find a CC or BB that carries them yet?

Multiple S3s, HDs, HDXLs, Premieres - all looking like relics now
TiVo is on it's way out -
!
AbMagFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I finally got my two S3's to work almost flawlessly and the new hard drives I added gave me a whole lot of extra space . I don't even want to think about going through all that again, although it does sound as if the installs are going a little better these days compared to a few months ago.

I also read that eSATA isn't working yet on the new ones. Is that true? Late 2007 it says on the site, then again, I guess we aren't supposed to be able to use eSATA on our S3's but we are... Anyone know yet?

At any rate, there's no compelling reason to change and I like the looks and extra features of the S3. I hope to get a couple more years out of it hopefully and then buy whatevers next.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #29
URPREY
Closet TiVo User

Bought mine from Tivo Community Store on Tuesday and requested a tracking number yesterday but haven't received a response yet. Hoping to have it for the weekend, but I guess we'll see - I need to schedule the cable company for cable card installation.
URPREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #30
stevereis

I have an S3 with LT transfer on the main HDTV. I bought a 2nd HDTV for the bedroom but have been holding off on getting a 2nd because of price and lac of MRV/TTG. We use MRV a LOT and I could not justify the cost. Even the $400 Father's Day rebate offer wasn't enough since I knew another cheaper S3 was coming. Now, the TiVoHD is even more appealing since it it has better internals AND supports M-cards (each card costs me $2.95/mo with TWC Dallas).
I have an LT gift card but plan to hold off until closer to it's expiration to see if anything newer/better comes out. Based on megazone's photos, the new box has cutouts for inputs and even the PCB is setup for the inputs.
I did just get an S2DT at BB in June for $0 during one of their specials to replace my S2 whose subscription runs out in September from the LT transfer. It's on a 3 year MSD contract. If the TiVoHD gets MRV enabled AND I can get one for <= $199 in a few months, I may pick one up and transfer the S2DT sub to it.

648-S3 - 750GB - TWC (2xS) + ATSC
652-HD - 160GB - TWC (1xM) + ATSC
649-S2DT - 500GB - TWC analog + Voom ATSC
595-DRT800 - 300GB - TWC analog + Voom ATSC
240-S2 - 420 GB - TWC analog
stevereis is offline   Reply With Quote