TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Beau_in_Austin

Saturday Night Live 5/12/07 with host Molly Shannon

Very funny episode, and how great to see someone with so much heart, and genuine appreciation for the opportunity, get to host.

Live, from Austin, and rooting for Molly Shannon..
Beau_in_Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Yes, a good episode last night. The candidate debate had me laughing out loud - it was a bit that (for once) showed evidence of some great writing - even with just the names they came up with ("Count Hershel Chocula").

I also liked the bit with Molly and Lorne Michaels - how they just kept pulling out all kinds of 90's pop culture references one after the other.

"I have Xbox"

"I loved my cat like a child, too. I was pregnant with my cat. I had a cat baby."

I liked when Molly was finished doing the female comic jokes, they cut back to her (unknowingly to her) and you could see her come out of character as she walked off the set. She just cracked this big smile on her face that was like, "that was totally fun"
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Molly was looking very good. She's aged well.

I never liked her on the show when she was on it originally. But I have to admit, she was pretty good last night.

The Lorne Michaels sketch really got me. That was hilarious. Particularly having watched "SNL in the 90's" a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
bidger

Amazing how there's a pile-on for SNLs that folks consider mediocre or below average, but it's almost stone cold silence when there's a good one.

Molly was excellent and I especially liked the Sopranos bit, couldn't stop laughing over the "camel toe". Only thing lacking was the musical guest, but, more often than not, that's usually the case.
bidger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #5
EchoBravo
TV-MA LSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidger
Amazing how there's a pile-on for SNLs that folks consider mediocre or below average, but it's almost stone cold silence when there's a good one.
I'll be the odd man out. I didn't particularly like this episode. I was never a big Molly Shannon fan when she was on the cast and didn't really care for her last night.

There were a couple of funny bits, but it wasn't one of my favs of the year.
EchoBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
jradford
The Jerkstore called

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoBravo
I'll be the odd man out. I didn't particularly like this episode. I was never a big Molly Shannon fan when she was on the cast and didn't really care for her last night.

There were a couple of funny bits, but it wasn't one of my favs of the year.
This is where I'm at, too. I pretty much couldn't stand any of Molly's recurring characters when she was on it, and they managed to bring everyone of them back to remind me of it. (Mary Catherine Gallagher, "I'm 50", and "Don't get me started.") "I'm 50" ruined what could have been the skit of the season with the Soprano's guys. It was still very funny, but no Molly would have made it better.

I honestly think this was one of my least favorite of the season. Oh, well.
jradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
RoundBoy

I *never* watch SNL anymore.. but my Tivo happened to catch this episode on a suggestion...

Molly Shannon was a treat... MKG was a great moment .. as was the '90's SNL' I pretty much fast forwarded all the other skits, as nothing was that interesting.

Although, the last 'Mcgruber' skit that was a parody of David hasselhoff had me in tears. I told my wife that it made all the other McGruber skits worth it.
RoundBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidger
Molly was excellent and I especially liked the Sopranos bit, couldn't stop laughing over the "camel toe".
OMG, that had me ROFL.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #9
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

First time in years that I had a solid grin on my face for the entire show. Loved the blind grillmaster!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
jradford
The Jerkstore called

Blind Grillmaster and McGruber had me laughing hard. I just don't like Molly Shannon.
jradford is offline   Reply With Quote