TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
Sunapee

Green Status Bar Time Indicator is inaccurate

I recently updated my TiVos to 6.2a, re-zippered, upgraded to TWP 2.0, etc. All went smoothly and I am VERY happy - with one quirky exception. When fast forwarding the time indicator on the green status bar is off by as much as 15 minutes.

So.. If I FF to the top of the hour, I am actually sitting at about 15 minutes till the hour. When the progress indicator hits the end of the green bar, it will still FF for a while before actually hitting the end of the buffer and flipping to live TV.

Am I alone, or is this something others have seen?
Sunapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Have you done another reboot?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Sunapee

Thanks for the suggestion Jim, but have rebooted several times and it doesn't make any difference. Actually I wouldn't have thought a reboot would work because I am seeing it on more than one TiVo.

Anyone else have some input?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
MungoJerrie

It appears that you may have applied bufferhack as part of the zipper or enhancements? It may have increased your buffer but not patched tivoapp correctly to display the correct time bar. If you did install bufferhack, you may want to verify and/or reapply the tivoapp patches to correct it.
MungoJerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #5
Sunapee

Yes I did... Is it as simply as reapplying the hack, or do I need to remove something first?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
MungoJerrie

Download the attachment from this thread and just reapply the proper 6.2a bufferhack by running the script from telnet. The latest zipper should be up to date, but maybe you were using an older version?
MungoJerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Sunapee

Mungo, THANKS! I just did that for all 3 units. Was only able to reboot one of them as the others are in the middle of recording. The one I rebooted and tested seems fine!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
Sunapee

Update, and closure! Re-applying the buffer hack fixed the issue on all 3 units. Many thanks!