TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
rvdm

Cannot mount drive

Hi,

I am running a series 1 tivo with OzTivo image. Everything was working 100% for a long time, then I stopped using the Tivo for a while. I recently restored the image back on the the drive, from the OzTivo (actually it's the TivoZA version) installation disk. After restoring the image, I had to make some mods to the emuproxy, so that my ISP DNS would be supported ( i had done all this with the original installation, with perfect success). The first thing I did, was attempt to mount the drive, and this is where my problem arose. The mount just fails. I get all sorts of errors, like "No journal on filesystem" missing this and missing that etc. I have just for the billionth time, re-restored the image, reformatted the hdd in DOS with fdisk and eveything, but nothing works.
I have a vague suspicion that the drive may be "byteswapped" but i have no idea what that means,I think it might be the problem as I booted with the MFS Tool disk, and then was able to mount the drive, and edit the emuProxy. But then when i reinstall the drive in the tivo, the tivo just hangs at the first screen.
Am at my wits end trying to sort this out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

rvdm
rvdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
JimSpence
Just hangin'

See your duplicate thread.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=358434