TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Carlos_E

Cablevision Card install

Well, my Tivo order shipped today. I should have it on Thursday. My appointment for the install is on Saturday. Any tips for a smooth install?

Also, I have a Tivo series 2. Is there a way to transfer season passes and recording data from the series 2 to the series 3? Or do I have to reenter my recording list manually?

Last edited by Carlos_E : 03-27-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Carlos_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
ADG
Allan

Cablevision in central NJ pretty much has it down pat by now - can't speak for the other areas, though I'm sure their all up to speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Carlos_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG
Cablevision in central NJ pretty much has it down pat by now - can't speak for the other areas, though I'm sure their all up to speed.
I'm in Brooklyn. Will I have to reenter my recording options or is there a way to transfer them from my old Tivo?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
Carlos_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E
I have a Tivo series 2. Is there a way to transfer season passes and recording data from the series 2 to the series 3? Or do I have to reenter my recording list manually?
Bump!

Can someone answer this question?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
hallm409

Quote:
Well, my Tivo order shipped today. I should have it on Thursday. My appointment for the install is on Saturday. Any tips for a smooth install?
I just had my CableCard installation via Cablevision of Norwalk (CT) last Monday. YMMV but at least with my situation it took several hours for all of my channels to be available for both CableCards/tuners. In fact I was about to give up waiting and figured something must be wrong -- however while I was dialing the cust service number all of my channels became available.

The installer told me he had done at least a half dozen Tivos so far, and came prepared with several extra CableCards. One of the Cablecards he tried was bad, and that seems to be a common problem. If you can I'd suggest urging them to bring several backup cards...
hallm409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
headroll
Let em' Roll

Quote:
Bump!

Can someone answer this question?
They must all be re-created ...

-Roll
headroll is offline   Reply With Quote