TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #211
MC Binc

Looking good...

For the first time since before the Spring DST change, it's looking good. Clock is correct today and the time-based manual recordings are intact with correct times and titles. Just in time for hardware retirement but you take your victories when you can, no?
MC Binc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #212
eokerson

Arrow Series 1 quit working on Nov 11

My lifetime series 1 was working great, until I noticed this morning that it had not received an update since Nov 11. Could this be related to the DST change? It makes test calls fine, it just won't get service updates. A friend recommended re-running guided setup, now it is stuck there and won't get past calling Tivo.
eokerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #213
bkc56
Designated Grunt

One of my two Series 1 Tivos has been having a lot of trouble phoning home the last couple weeks. Various failures and call interruptions. I was wondering if the modem was having problems, but who knows...
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #214
Rottluver

I just called in last night with my Series 1 (SAT T-60).....it had been 254 days since my last call......no phone line near the unit and I just don't care, it is just the kid's tv.

Anyway, I tried several times to get it call in but it kept failing.....so I had it call in and grab all the phone numbers for the local area and used a new one......it worked. Called in, got new stuff/software/etc.

Just my $.02
Rottluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #215
Luke M

My Series1 has been off by one hour since the time change. Any way to fix? (It calls in fine, but the time remains wrong).
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #216
timckelley
TCFer

I'd report on the status of my S1, but I just transferred the LT sub off of it to another unit a few weeks ago. Just in time, apparently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #217
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Luke, at this point if your DVR is still off by an hour, you should repeat guided setup.

TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #218
Luke M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
Luke, at this point if your DVR is still off by an hour, you should repeat guided setup.
That worked, thanks.
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #219
jberman
Mostly Harmless

Coming up on another time change... hopefully everything'll go smoothly!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #220
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

I'm told all should be fine.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #221
biker
Outlaw

Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 AM   #222
ADent

I think this is the summary - If you have a SA S1 connected to a phone line it will make its regularly scheduled calls. The last call before DST switch will cause the machine download a hack, um I mean patch, and to reboot at 2am and fix the time. This will occur again during the weekend when the DST was scheduled for years.

The upcoming guide will be off by an hour in both cases, but after this scheduled reboot everything will fall back in place.
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 AM   #223
gastrof
Look 32' in reverse

Location: We would like tin but for the golden glade. Do not take risks that you cannot return to the encapsulation. Margaret has not the stranding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADent View Post
I think this is the summary - If you have a SA S1 connected to a phone line it will make its regularly scheduled calls. The last call before DST switch will cause the machine download a hack, um I mean patch, and to reboot at 2am and fix the time. This will occur again during the weekend when the DST was scheduled for years...
Thanks.

I somehow gummed up the works last time, and my Series 1s were off by an hour all day Sunday, until 2AM (I assume) Monday morning.

I'll have them dial in around 10PM Saturday night, and see what happens.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #224
JYoung
Series 3

Ok, my Series 1 still thinks it's on Standard Time and I have confirmed that it is connecting and downloading and processing new guide data.

I restarted it this morning to see if that was the issue and it's still an hour behind.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #225
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Looks like our query managed to miss a few units, yours included. We've just mapped you to receive the update. Make a connection now to receive it.

Keep in mind that the call status will NOT finish as "succeeded", but rather appears to stall during processing. Once the phone line has disconnected (yellow LED goes off), allow 30 to 60 minutes (padded for safety, depends on how much PGD you're downloading and other people will want to follow these intructions at a later date) before pulling power to restart. Or you can just let the unit restart on its own at 2am.

Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited by TiVoJerry : 03-11-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Removed the need to wait two hours
Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #226
JYoung
Series 3

That fixed it.
Thanks, Jerry!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #227
robmaurizi

auto update?

Has the new algorithm been incorporated into the SW? I just recently hooked up my S1 after a couple of years of putting up with cable company DVR crap (aka TiFaux).

Is there a way to just upgrade the OS to a more recent version that includes a patch?

It's a hacked S1 with a turbo net NIC that "dials out" over the network.

Thanks!
-Rob
robmaurizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #228
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmaurizi View Post
Has the new algorithm been incorporated into the SW? I just recently hooked up my S1 after a couple of years of putting up with cable company DVR crap (aka TiFaux).

Is there a way to just upgrade the OS to a more recent version that includes a patch?

It's a hacked S1 with a turbo net NIC that "dials out" over the network.

Thanks!
-Rob
It is not practical for us to update 3.0 SW. Rather we send out a runme that corrects the time temporarily to cover the gap between the old and new dates. We have to do this twice manually each time there is a change. If your DVR is connecting to the service regularly, you will receive the update and have no problems.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #229
tedede

Quote:
It is not practical for us to update 3.0 SW. Rather we send out a runme that corrects the time temporarily to cover the gap between the old and new dates. We have to do this twice manually each time there is a change. If your DVR is connecting to the service regularly, you will receive the update and have no problems.
Mine is connecting over a TurboNet Card. Do I need to do a dialup by phone? The time on the system is an hour ahead, and my todo list shows an 8PM show (Chuck) being recorded at 9PM.

The DST patch worked last year, any reason why it may be bad now?

I did a reboot just to be sure, no change, and the last contact with TiVo was 4AM.

Thanks,
ted
tedede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #230
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

If you've just set up after the patch was run, I could this being an issue. If you're stating you've been connected regularly for the past month and are having this problem, I'd like a PM with your TSN so I can look into it.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #231
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I think mine is "off" too, but I am not sure. Not that it really matters, though, because it still seems to record everything correctly. The clock is off, but so is the guide.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #232
mattack

Season Passes will record correctly, but manual recordings won't. That's the issue.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #233
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Season Passes will record correctly, but manual recordings won't. That's the issue.
not for me.. But it looks like my clock is right today. Not sure what was going on last night. But all seems well now.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #234
Ladd Morse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Uh-oh. Looks like all my Daily Show/Colbert recordings won't be correct!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #235
badcrc
Thread Killer

One of my tivos shows the right time, the other two show an hour off since a couple days ago. I did a couple daily calls and it's the same.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #236
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

I've got engineering looking into this.

Keep in mind that while the clock and guide will dispaly an hour off, all recordings except for manual will happen on time since they're based on GMT settings for your box. Manual recordings go off the clock, so I already know that those using an unsubbed S1 will be more affected than others.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #237
tedede

Quote:
If you've just set up after the patch was run, I could this being an issue. If you're stating you've been connected regularly for the past month and are having this problem, I'd like a PM with your TSN so I can look into it.
I have been online for the past month. It's alright this morning, so I'm not sure what was up, but it's fine now. And as you mentioned, everything was recorded on time.
tedede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #238
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

For those of you with a Series1 that has the clock off by one hour at this time, please force a connection to see if that resolves the issue. Looks like a few units managed to slip past our mapping query.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:37 AM   #239
badcrc
Thread Killer

Mine are all showing the correct time now. Whatever it was is fixed. Hopefully they adjust for daylight savings correctly next week
Old 10-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #240
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

The adjustment will go fine. You just happened to be one of the units that wasn't mapped to receive it in the first place. Sorry for the confusion.