TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #121
Captain 80s

Just re-ran tweak to get the lastest enhancements and TWP 2.0.

Everything went fine, but I noticed one of my machines is missing the 'netconfig' tab.
Zipper 2.8 s/w 6.2 has it, Zipper 2.9 s/w 6.2a does not.

Before I had the the two units just linked with a cross over with twp 1.3 I think. I set the DNS to 0.0.0.0 to take car of the NPL issue. But now I have my wires ran to the office and wanted to change the DNS to match my network.

Any ideas why it's missing on just one?

Thanks in advance, Mike.
Captain 80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #122
luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 80s
Just re-ran tweak to get the lastest enhancements and TWP 2.0.

Everything went fine, but I noticed one of my machines is missing the 'netconfig' tab.
Zipper 2.8 s/w 6.2 has it, Zipper 2.9 s/w 6.2a does not.

Before I had the the two units just linked with a cross over with twp 1.3 I think. I set the DNS to 0.0.0.0 to take car of the NPL issue. But now I have my wires ran to the office and wanted to change the DNS to match my network.

Any ideas why it's missing on just one?

Thanks in advance, Mike.
For cross over cables Check this link out just make sure you know when to use cross over cables
before you start any projects
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=281459

And for cross over cables I made mine and works like a charm i posted a how to if your intrested
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...oss+over+cable

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #123
Captain 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder
For cross over cables Check this link out just make sure you know when to use cross over cables
before you start any projects
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=281459

And for cross over cables I made mine and works like a charm i posted a how to if your intrested
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...oss+over+cable

Good luck
Sorry, maybe I put too much info into my question.

I know how to make cross over and network cables. Before I had the wires ran to my office, I just had my two tivos connected via x-over. Everything worked fine, but had to set my DNS to 0.0.0.0 via TWP 1.3 to fix a slow NPL.

Now I have my network ran from my office and my tivo's connected (with the proper cables). Again I can MRV, telnet, run my newly installed TWP 2.0 no problem.

BUT, one of my units does not have the 'netconfig' tab in TWP for me to easily change my DNS to match my network, and one does. I was wondering if anyone knew why just one would not have that tab.

Thank you for everyone's time.
Mike.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #124
sk33t3r

It looks like I do NOT need to edit tivoweb.cfg in order to steam to a pc is that correct?
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re

Last edited by sk33t3r : 04-20-2007 at 05:14 PM.
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #125
dap706

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
Did you use zipper or another method to hack?

the rw, ro, and a few other "commands" are actually alias' that are made for you by the zipper. No zipper, no alias. The actual command is:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
the ro command is actually:
Code:
mount -o remount,ro /
If you did zipper and still don't have those alias' on a fresh install I would say that for some reason the zipper didn't run fully.
No did not use zipper.
dap706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #126
tiny-e

I have no sub-100 locals either

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarsky99
I upgraded the stock TWP that comes with Zipper (1.3.1) to 2.0.0 via the TWP web upload interface. Everything went smoothly except I can no longer see my local channels within TWP. I tried looking in numerous places "Channel List", "Channel Grid", etc.....it seems like TWP just will not recognize my sub-100 channels.

Any ideas?
Not to go all "AOL" on this thread.. but me too. -- my sub-100 locals do not show up in TWP either --except channel 14 which is a virtual channel on the 101 sat. They do however (at least some of them) show up in the "Scheduled Suggestions" section on TWP. Channel info (call sign) is clickable.

Also if I do a seach with the remote and add a SP for the program on my locals, TWP can see that (channel info is clickable as well).

Hope this helps to further locate the issue.

Note: AOL joke is not intended to purposly irritate anyone who actually still uses AOL.
::::::::::This place is the Mecca of run-on threads::::::::::
(Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos)
tiny-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #127
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap706
No did not use zipper.
Then you either need to make your own alias or use the commands I listed to get write access.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #128
dmark1867

Question Adding a link to Tivoweb's list of modules?

It will be immediately apparent that I have no clue what I am doing , but with that said.

I have a dsr704 running 6.2a and I am using TivoWebPlus v2.0.0-070410

I would like to have a module create a link on the main TivoWebPlus page, so I could click it and go straight to Thomsonís webpage or ************ or anywhere else.

I realize this is somewhat pointless, I am just interested on how it would be done.

If I create a module with the following:

$chan "[html_link "http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus"]
register_module "link" "Thomson Tivo Link" "Go to Thomson's TiVoWebPlus page"

It shows up when I restart TivoWebPlus, but it doesn't work, and I'm sure it is not even close to working. If anyone can help that would be awesome
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #129
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark1867
It will be immediately apparent that I have no clue what I am doing , but with that said.

I have a dsr704 running 6.2a and I am using TivoWebPlus v2.0.0-070410

I would like to have a module create a link on the main TivoWebPlus page, so I could click it and go straight to Thomsonís webpage or ************ or anywhere else.

I realize this is somewhat pointless, I am just interested on how it would be done.

If I create a module with the following:

$chan "[html_link "http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus"]
register_module "link" "Thomson Tivo Link" "Go to Thomson's TiVoWebPlus page"

It shows up when I restart TivoWebPlus, but it doesn't work, and I'm sure it is not even close to working. If anyone can help that would be awesome
In TWP2 click on the "System" tab, then "SysAdmin", then Remount and select "Read Write", then Select "System" again and then select ""Update" you can then select any one of the several links to the page you mention.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #130
Captain 80s

OK, let me try this again.

Recently re-ran tweak to get TWP 2.0 on both machines.

No problems encountered during the process.
However, I noticed only one of my machines has the 'net config' tab in TWP to change the parameters.

Any ideas why?

Thanks for any insight.
Mike.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #131
dmark1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
In TWP2 click on the "System" tab, then "SysAdmin", then Remount and select "Read Write", then Select "System" again and then select ""Update" you can then select any one of the several links to the page you mention.
I know how to do that, I guess I need to better explain myself. I wanted a module to add a link to the list of modules on the main page. I kept messing around until I got some thing working. Here it is as ugly and redundant as it probably is:

proc action_google {chan path env} {
eval $env

set ret "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">\n"
puts $chan "<html><head><title>Google</title><meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;url=http://www.google.com\"></head><body>Google</body></html>"
}
register_module "google" "Google" "Google Web Search"

What this does is put a module named Google in the list of modules on the start page. When you click on it you go to (you guessed it) google.com

Now the reason behind all of this. Well there were a couple of things. One was I just wanted to see if I could do it. But the main reason was because the merge module in TivoWebPlus 2.0 does not include the sort functionality that I was used to in v1.2.1. Also the tivo widget was not working with 2.0 for me, even when trying the modified ui_compat.itcl. With the merge module I was able to edit it so it would sort the recording oldest to newest vs newest to oldest, but I could not easily pick the order it sorted in as I could before. So the solution was to run both v1.2.1 (haven't updated to 1.31, because I am primarily using 2.0 and the features that I use in 1.2.1 work fine).

I run both the old and new on different ports. I disabled the merge function on the new. But made a module called merge that points to the old merge module. So now I have the best of both worlds. Anything that worked on the old I can still have, plus the features of the new. I now have my cake and it tastes great. Of course the widget works fine to since I am pointing it to the port the old version is running on.

It would have been easy to just change the port I'm on to point to the other installation but I have family members that use this that have a tough time doing anything that involves technology (believe it or not brilliant otherwise, just technology challenged). So I wanted to make it as seemless as possible. I also edited the merge module on the old installation so after the merge completes if you can choose to merge more recordings, go to now playing or main menu. If you go to anything other then merge more you are redirected back to the new installation.
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #132
BTUx9
back?

net config isn't a module bundled with TWP2... if it's showing up and you are truly running 2.0, then tweak must have done a sloppy update of TWP. (or possibly, it installs a TWP 2 with added modules, as it did with earlier versions) I suggest you ask on the enhancement thread.
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #133
cr33p

BTU
How do I go about changing my netconfig properties now that it is no longer in the twp ??
Thanks
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #134
tiny-e

Red face

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone else experiencing this locals issue, or have a workaround for it? Is there a different place I should look / ask?

Thanks!
e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny-e
Not to go all "AOL" on this thread.. but me too. -- my sub-100 locals do not show up in TWP either --except channel 14 which is a virtual channel on the 101 sat. They do however (at least some of them) show up in the "Scheduled Suggestions" section on TWP. Channel info (call sign) is clickable.

Also if I do a seach with the remote and add a SP for the program on my locals, TWP can see that (channel info is clickable as well).

Hope this helps to further locate the issue.

Note: AOL joke is not intended to purposly irritate anyone who actually still uses AOL.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #135
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Hey, BTU... Did you or John1980 fix the Conflict Resolve module recently or am I going crazy? It seems to be working all of a sudden. Thanks!!!
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #136
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Hey, BTU... Did you or John1980 fix the Conflict Resolve module recently or am I going crazy? It seems to be working all of a sudden. Thanks!!!
I thought John1980 worked on it a while back, but I haven't looked at it for 6 months or more... there WAS a change to manrec about 6 weeks ago... don't know if that could have helped.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:04 AM   #137
BTUx9
back?

For those of you having channel problems

It's 3 weeks since my brain surgery, and I've only now been able to get back to some programming... sorry

I've been trying to mimic the tivo's heuristic to determine which channels are real and which aren't, for those with issues, but without the raw data, it's not easy, so I decided that brute force would be best.

For those who have valid channels that AREN'T showing up in TWP 2, I've added a "hidden" option to channel prefs... this will show any channels that TWP believes aren't tunable, and from here, if you set them to "received" the channels should then be accessible in the normal lists.

If you want to give it a try before the next bundle, just grab the latest channelprefs.itcl file from CVS
Old 04-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #138
vMAC

I'm getting the "last session did not complete successfully" error and I can't get TWP to run? Anyone know how to fix this. I did a search and seen people who were having the same problem but nobody listed what the answer to the problem was.
vMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #139
BTUx9
back?

that's just what happens when TWP fails to start properly... you need to check the logs or run in console mode to see what actual error was thrown
Old 05-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #140
Jedis

I uploaded a show via Tivoserver, but when I try to access the program info, I get this:
Code:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_nowshowing '' ''
bad index "1277462/13": must be integer or "end"
    while executing
"lindex {0 0 3} $sort"
    (procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 79)
    invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
--cut here--
This happens when I click on the program name in the Now Playing list... If I click on the description, it will open the info though. Both point to the same link, but for whatever reason, clicking the title won't work. Title is "The.Blue.Planet.Ep1" and the description is blank (shows as "No Episode Title")
Jedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #141
buckeye1010
Very Special Member

Thanks for this, BTUx9! Installed it in both of my Tivos (Series 1 T60 and HR10-250 HD Tivo) three days ago, and it works like a champ! Much better functionality and usability compared to other versions of TW & TWP. Hats off to you, my friend!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #142
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedis
I uploaded a show via Tivoserver, but when I try to access the program info, I get this:
Code:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_nowshowing '' ''
bad index "1277462/13": must be integer or "end"
    while executing
"lindex {0 0 3} $sort"
    (procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 79)
    invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
--cut here--
This happens when I click on the program name in the Now Playing list... If I click on the description, it will open the info though. Both point to the same link, but for whatever reason, clicking the title won't work. Title is "The.Blue.Planet.Ep1" and the description is blank (shows as "No Episode Title")
Clicking on the episode is how you access program info... the title is for series info (which recordings from tivoserver often don't have, thus the error)
Old 05-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #143
zardoz007

The bundle did not contain an update script

Downloaded TWP v2.0. Used the Update button and it started but then returned this message: The bundle did not contain an update script.
Anyone had this problem?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #144
tiny-e

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTUx9
It's 3 weeks since my brain surgery, and I've only now been able to get back to some programming... sorry

I've been trying to mimic the tivo's heuristic to determine which channels are real and which aren't, for those with issues, but without the raw data, it's not easy, so I decided that brute force would be best.

For those who have valid channels that AREN'T showing up in TWP 2, I've added a "hidden" option to channel prefs... this will show any channels that TWP believes aren't tunable, and from here, if you set them to "received" the channels should then be accessible in the normal lists.

If you want to give it a try before the next bundle, just grab the latest channelprefs.itcl file from CVS
Thanks BTU-

I installed the new channelprefs.itcl, and viewed the hidden channels... selected the ones that I wanted, and clicked "update". All seemed to go well, until I noticed that after it added the hidden channels, it removed all the other ones (see attached video clip). When I hit my guide button on the remote, indeed, all the channels are gone from the guide -but I can still view a channel if I type in the number directly from viewing TV.

Sample video (WMV) --you may have to download it to view.

Any idea as to what's up?

e
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #145
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Thanks BTU-

I installed the new channelprefs.itcl, and viewed the hidden channels... selected the ones that I wanted, and clicked "update". All seemed to go well, until I noticed that after it added the hidden channels, it removed all the other ones (see attached video clip). When I hit my guide button on the remote, indeed, all the channels are gone from the guide -but I can still view a channel if I type in the number directly from viewing TV.

Sample video (WMV) --you may have to download it to view.

Any idea as to what's up?

e
That's VERY strange... watching the clip, it didn't change anything for many channels... I don't have any idea how it might have cleared ALL your received preferences.

Have you rebooted the tivo?

if you re-index the channels, what does TWP now show?

(BTW, it's probably best if you update to the latest bundle... there MAY be an incompatibility with the index library in the module I posted, depending on your version, though I really can't imagine WHAT could cause what you're seeing.)
Old 05-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #146
tiny-e

Wink

Haven't tried a reboot, but if I did a re-index, nothing would change on the channel lineup -- it would stay as whatever it was at the last state.

Here's my lineup:
7 CBS
9 ABC
12 NBC
14 CW
20 PBS
55 FOX
100-???? DirecTV package channels

When I enable the channels in the hidden menu, one of the first things it says it's doing is deleting channel 14. It then, over several minutes kills off all of the other channels.

I'm not sure which sequence of events you think I should try to get things going. I'm running the latest version (I think) (although I was running a slightly older version-- just upgraded to try again). Here's the result of using the hidden menu . If I let it go, it will remove all of my channels and just leave me with the "new" ones from the hidden menu.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. If you need anything else from me, let me know.

e
Old 05-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #147
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Thanks again for taking the time to help. If you need anything else from me, let me know.
Not sure why it was working in my original testing, but it was definitely broken.

I've posted a new version to CVS... give that a try and let me know if it works or not
Old 05-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #148
cr33p

I recently inserted a .ty file to my tivo with mfs_ftp, I was able to see it in the NPL via TWP I then edited the title of the show but now can no longer view the NPL via TWP. is this a known issue? I tried reoobing the machine and I can still no longer acess the NPL.

Thanks
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:21 AM   #149
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33p
I recently inserted a .ty file to my tivo with mfs_ftp, I was able to see it in the NPL via TWP I then edited the title of the show but now can no longer view the NPL via TWP. is this a known issue? I tried reoobing the machine and I can still no longer acess the NPL.

Thanks
did you check the log for any messages?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #150
tiny-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTUx9
Not sure why it was working in my original testing, but it was definitely broken.

I've posted a new version to CVS... give that a try and let me know if it works or not
Thanks BTU -

I installed the new file from CVS and things seem to be working just fine.

Thanks very much for the quick response!