TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 AM   #481
markis

I'm running tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-091208 with routerplus and sendkeyplus to enable the Web Remote on an HR10-250 with 6.3e.

It works fine, but I haven't figured out how to use Web Remote to change channels above single digits. If I click two numbers, it changes to the first number channel, then the second number channel. The same thing happens if I try clicking "Watch now" on the "What's on" Page. A three digit channel will go to each of three single digit channels.

If I telnet in, I can type:

Code:
/devbin/sendkey NUM5 NUM0 NUM1 ENTER
and it will correctly enter 501 at once and go to channel 501.

I found older posts that suggested using a link like this:

Code:
http://tivo/sendkey/num5/num0/num1/enter
But that doesn't work either. Again, it goes to each single digit channel in sequence, rather than channel 501.

I also had a quick look at the webremote.itcl module and tried a few different ways of manually adding multiple digits to this line:

Code:
SendKey $key
but it didn't work with more than one single button argument. I wasn't sure about the correct syntax for multiple digits. Maybe there's a way to do it with a text input form and submit button.

Is it possible to change to a multi-digit channel with the Web Remote or TivoWebPlus?

Last edited by markis : 09-01-2010 at 05:34 AM.
markis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #482
djl25
C64 hacker

I guess there hasn't been a new bundle in a while, but the version of webremote that's in CVS has some additional code I wrote to do multi-number channel changes. You can grab it at http://tivowebplus.cvs.sourceforge.n.../?pathrev=v2-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markis View Post
I'm running tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-091208 with routerplus and sendkeyplus to enable the Web Remote on an HR10-250 with 6.3e.

It works fine, but I haven't figured out how to use Web Remote to change channels above single digits. If I click two numbers, it changes to the first number channel, then the second number channel. The same thing happens if I try clicking "Watch now" on the "What's on" Page. A three digit channel will go to each of three single digit channels.

If I telnet in, I can type:

Code:
/devbin/sendkey NUM5 NUM0 NUM1 ENTER
and it will correctly enter 501 at once and go to channel 501.

I found older posts that suggested using a link like this:

Code:
http://tivo/sendkey/num5/num0/num1/enter
But that doesn't work either. Again, it goes to each single digit channel in sequence, rather than channel 501.

I also had a quick look at the webremote.itcl module and tried a few different ways of manually adding multiple digits to this line:

Code:
SendKey $key
but it didn't work with more than one single button argument. I wasn't sure about the correct syntax for multiple digits. Maybe there's a way to do it with a text input form and submit button.

Is it possible to change to a multi-digit channel with the Web Remote or TivoWebPlus?

djl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #483
markis

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl25 View Post
I guess there hasn't been a new bundle in a while, but the version of webremote that's in CVS has some additional code I wrote to do multi-number channel changes. You can grab it at http://tivowebplus.cvs.sourceforge.n.../?pathrev=v2-1.
UPDATE: Nevermind, problem solved. (I think.) I went back and tried editing /tvlib/tcl/tv/sendkey.tcl again. I removed "-wait -waitTimeOut 2500" from two lines and "-wait -waitTimeOut $timeout" from one line. So the code now looks like:

Code:
exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey $evrc($key)
And now your webremote.itcl is working fine. I can tune multi-digit channels perfectly now. Thanks!

Problem solved. I'll leave my earlier post below just for reference.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much for pointing me to your update. I just tried on my machine and unfortunately it still seems to go to one single digit channel after another. So If I enter 0501 and Send to TV, it goes to channel 5, then channel 0, then channel 1.

Does this work on your TiVo?

I also noticed that if I enter a two digit number, such as 0022, the second zero is entered rather than ignored. So it goes to channel 0, channel 2, channel 2. EDIT: This works fine now that keys are sent in sequence. The leading zero is ignored by the TiVo.

I tried changing a couple things with no success.

Code:
SendKey num[expr $$i]; after 100}
On that line I tried deleting "; after 100".

And at the top (line 47/48), I added an extra check to skip the top Sendkey section if using your addition:

Code:
if {![info exists chan_send]} {   
        if {[info exists evrc($key)] || [info exists evmw($key)] || $key == "wait"} {
Neither of these changes seemed to make any difference. It still goes to one single digit channel after another on my machine.

If I'm reading your code correctly, are you still sending each digit one at a time as a separate SendKey command with the foreach {i}?

Is there a way to send a single SendKey command with multiple digits, like the console command "/devbin/sendkey 2 6 7 ENTER"?

I am using the 1/24/09 sendkeyplus by tivo4mevo. Is there a different version?

Also, I am just using the stock sendkey.tcl. I found some mention of people editing these lines to remove "-waitTimeOut 2500", but I got an error when I tried that. Should I leave sendkey.tcl as is or make changes? EDIT: See Update at the top of this post. Yes, the sendkey.tcl edits are neccessary to make this work.

Code:
exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)
Thanks again.

Last edited by markis : 09-02-2010 at 12:57 PM.
markis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #484
djl25
C64 hacker

You gave me an idea, so I uploaded a new version of webremote at the other forum. It gives you a dropdown list of channels to choose from rather than putting in the digits directly. Worked well for me, try it out if you have a chance.

Take out the spaces:
http: //www.deal database .com/forum/showthread.php?p=308418#post308418

Quote:
Originally Posted by markis View Post
UPDATE: Nevermind, problem solved. (I think.) I went back and tried editing /tvlib/tcl/tv/sendkey.tcl again. I removed "-wait -waitTimeOut 2500" from two lines and "-wait -waitTimeOut $timeout" from one line. So the code now looks like:

Code:
exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey $evrc($key)
And now your webremote.itcl is working fine. I can tune multi-digit channels perfectly now. Thanks!

Problem solved. I'll leave my earlier post below just for reference.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much for pointing me to your update. I just tried on my machine and unfortunately it still seems to go to one single digit channel after another. So If I enter 0501 and Send to TV, it goes to channel 5, then channel 0, then channel 1.

Does this work on your TiVo?

I also noticed that if I enter a two digit number, such as 0022, the second zero is entered rather than ignored. So it goes to channel 0, channel 2, channel 2. EDIT: This works fine now that keys are sent in sequence. The leading zero is ignored by the TiVo.

I tried changing a couple things with no success.

Code:
SendKey num[expr $$i]; after 100}
On that line I tried deleting "; after 100".

And at the top (line 47/48), I added an extra check to skip the top Sendkey section if using your addition:

Code:
if {![info exists chan_send]} {   
        if {[info exists evrc($key)] || [info exists evmw($key)] || $key == "wait"} {
Neither of these changes seemed to make any difference. It still goes to one single digit channel after another on my machine.

If I'm reading your code correctly, are you still sending each digit one at a time as a separate SendKey command with the foreach {i}?

Is there a way to send a single SendKey command with multiple digits, like the console command "/devbin/sendkey 2 6 7 ENTER"?

I am using the 1/24/09 sendkeyplus by tivo4mevo. Is there a different version?

Also, I am just using the stock sendkey.tcl. I found some mention of people editing these lines to remove "-waitTimeOut 2500", but I got an error when I tried that. Should I leave sendkey.tcl as is or make changes? EDIT: See Update at the top of this post. Yes, the sendkey.tcl edits are neccessary to make this work.

Code:
exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)
Thanks again.

djl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #485
markis

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl25 View Post
You gave me an idea, so I uploaded a new version of webremote at the other forum. It gives you a dropdown list of channels to choose from rather than putting in the digits directly. Worked well for me, try it out if you have a chance.
Thanks, I'll give it try.

I just posted my custom keytrap2.js replacement over there at D D B below your post.

It adds the following keyboard commands to Web Remote, so you can browse the guide and navigate menus by touch on the keyboard (with or without a mouse).

Code:
insert - tivo
delete - live tv
home - guide
end - info/display
pgup/down - chanup/down

numpad8 - up
numpad4 - left
numpad6 - right
numpad2 - down
numpad5 - select

ctrl - replay