TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #331
Lopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT
Sounds like the theme is not loaded in your browser. Clear your browser cache and try again. Or just select another theme.
it is the schemes.. .some of the schemes come out right with the menu along the top, other schemes don't..
Lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #332
dase

070703 changes NPL sorting for the worse

Here's the problem I have with 070703 and later. With folders enabled, "Classic" and "Title" sorting return the same result, where the NPL is sorted alphabetically.

I really miss the way classic sorting used to work with folders in earlier builds, where the most recent recordings (or folders) were at the top. Curiously, with folders disabled, classic sorting works fine. I have way too many recordings to turn folders off on a regular basis though.

Anyone else seeing this? If so, can anyone recommend a fix?

Last edited by dase : 09-25-2007 at 05:46 PM.
dase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #333
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dase
I really miss the way classic sorting used to work with folders in earlier builds, where the most recent recordings (or folders) were at the top. Curiously, with folders disabled, classic sorting works fine. I have way too many recordings to turn folders off on a regular basis though.
you miss what?!?
unless you're talking about the folders module (which is still there), the earlier versions of TWP didn't have any native folder support. So, if you want the old functioning back, just disable folders.

The good news is that SteveT's new jacket themes include the ability to sort the list locally (clicking on a header), so you may want to give that a try.
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #334
Harv

Super tool! I've used it for years, from back when it was still TivoWeb, then TivoWebPlus, and now 2.0. Thanks for all of your hard work on it.

I did the zipper thing recently, and then updated to tivowebplus-v2.0.0-070927.tgz. It worked well for a while. But today, when I try to go into Now Playing, I get this:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_nowshowing '' ''
bad index "43020/13": must be integer or "end"
while executing
"lindex {0 0 3} $sort"
(procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 79)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
(procedure "do_action" line 19)
invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
--cut here--

Also, I notice that my genres are messed up. For example, I created a wishlist with a title keyword and Sports as the genre, but when I display it in the wish list screen it shows up as "Anthology" instead of "Sports". Any idea how to fix that one?
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #335
Harv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv
Super tool! I've used it for years, from back when it was still TivoWeb, then TivoWebPlus, and now 2.0. Thanks for all of your hard work on it.

I did the zipper thing recently, and then updated to tivowebplus-v2.0.0-070927.tgz. It worked well for a while. But today, when I try to go into Now Playing, I get this:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_nowshowing '' ''
bad index "43020/13": must be integer or "end"
while executing
"lindex {0 0 3} $sort"
(procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 79)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
(procedure "do_action" line 19)
invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
--cut here--

Also, I notice that my genres are messed up. For example, I created a wishlist with a title keyword and Sports as the genre, but when I display it in the wish list screen it shows up as "Anthology" instead of "Sports". Any idea how to fix that one?
Oh, and you can probably tell by the "zipper" comment, but I'm running 6.2a on a Series 2 DTivo (Hughes SD-DVR40).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by Harv : 10-04-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #336
Harv

I noticed that re-selecting the "sort by classic" option got rid of the above error. I had done that previously, so I'm not sure what made it lose that setting.

I'm still having the genre out-of-sync issue.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #337
Trekker182

corrupted season pass list

I upgraded last night to 2.0 on my Samsung SIR-S4080R dtivo, but the menu's were appearing vertical instead of horizontal and some of the links were broken with error messages, so I just went back to 1.3 for now.

However, now it says at the bottom of my season pass listing Error: your season pass priority list is corrupted, reorganizing them may help. I try to reorganize them, but it still says it. Is there a way I can delete the season pass list from tivowebplus and get it to load the one from my tivo? Or is there even a reason to be concerned at all since I added a season pass from tivoweb and it still accepted it on my tivo?

Thanks a lot.
Trekker182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #338
RichardJH

Quote:
RichardJH: your df isn't working... when you can get that command working from bash, TWP should stop throwing that error (check your mtab... could be gone or corrupted)
Originally posted by BTUx9

I still have my original problem that BTUx9 says is a mtab problem.
I have compared both my Tivos files and noticed that mtab resides in /var/hack and that in the one that works there is a symlink from /etc/mtab. I reckon that what is missing from the one that is giving errors but don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help.
RichardJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #339
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker182
I upgraded last night to 2.0 on my Samsung SIR-S4080R dtivo, but the menu's were appearing vertical instead of horizontal and some of the links were broken with error messages, so I just went back to 1.3 for now.

However, now it says at the bottom of my season pass listing Error: your season pass priority list is corrupted, reorganizing them may help. I try to reorganize them, but it still says it. Is there a way I can delete the season pass list from tivowebplus and get it to load the one from my tivo? Or is there even a reason to be concerned at all since I added a season pass from tivoweb and it still accepted it on my tivo?

Thanks a lot.
by reorganizing, I believe it means on the tivo UI, changing the priority of one of the SPs (I use the bottom one) so that it rescans them all... I end up having to do this when adding SPs to my dtivo quite often, because the tivo doesn't schedule them unless I do.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #340
Trekker182

Thanks a lot! I did as you suggested and the message went away.

Trekker182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #341
RichardJH

Re my mtab problem I have now got it working and all is well with the info page in TW 2.0
Thanks for help from people here and in the UK forum
RichardJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #342
zarsky99

problem upgrading from v2.1.b0 (oztivo-071004)

BTU,

I successfully upgraded to v2.1.b0 (oztivo-071004) earlier this week. Unfortunately I am no longer able to upgrade through the web UI. I tried upgrading to tivowebplus-v2.1.b1-071009.tgz and nothing happens. I click the UPDATE button, the "Loading" progress bar in Firefox momentarily starts, and then it returns me to the upgrade form. I have been using the web based upgrade method for a long time, so I am not sure what is wrong.

PS...I am sure I have the file system writeable.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I had also tried upgrading to tivowebplus-v2.1.b1-071007.tgz and ran into the same problem. I can see the .tgz files in /var/tmp, so I know they are getting over to the Tivo...just looks like something is screwed up after that point.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #343
BTUx9
back?

yep... I done broke it
I just found out about 2 hours ago that the update no longer functioned... took about an hour of debugging to find the bug

I should be committing it to CVS tonight, but unfortunately, it'll mean a manual update... sorry about that

it should only require a single file to fix it, if anybody wants to go that route.

Another option: Jamie just compiled a mips CVS... with that, you could grab from anon CVS
Old 10-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #344
kimsan
underling

I see there's been a good deal of work done via DDB on sendkey and webremote.

Any hopes of re-incorporating webremote into the upcoming builds or 2.1 betas?

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #345
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
I see there's been a good deal of work done via DDB on sendkey and webremote.

Any hopes of re-incorporating webremote into the upcoming builds or 2.1 betas?
that's one of my hopes
Old 10-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #346
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTUx9
that's one of my hopes
Excellent! I'll be loading up the 2.1 beta soon, but as a casual user, I don't expect to be nearly as useful for feedback as the DDB folk who really contribute.

By the time I see anything wrong, they (you included) have already posted 6 answers

Good luck!

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #347
BTUx9
back?

Not true... a lot of the issues that come up are just happened upon... what it needs is more people using it, increasing the chances that one of 'em will run across a problem.
(the "bigger hammer" approach to beta testing)
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #348
mike32940

TivowebPlus 2 - Channel grid doesn't create season passes correctly

I've installed TWP 2.0 on a hacked 130040 with 9.1. Everything seems ok but if I create a season pass from a show in the Channel grid it doesn't record. In TWP the SP looks to have been created properly but nothing records.

I created an identical pass using the Tivo menu and the shows now record ok. In the Tivo menu the working SP has the showname followed by the channel, the one that doesn't work does not.

I can't find anything similar in the forum but I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this.

Thanks
mike32940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #349
robn77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker182 View Post
Thanks a lot.
I just upgraded to the latest 2.0 to get past an error that I was getting in 6.3e and that problem went away, but I am also seeing the menu's are vertical.
robn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #350
ckoons

Error Message using "Manage Folders"

Whenever I try to use "Mange Folders" option in TivoWebPlus it will list some of my Shows and Movies that are on my Tivo but then I get the message "Unit disconnected!
Your Tivo unit appears to be disconnected right now. Try again later."

I already created a folder "Movies" and would like to move some of my movies to this folder. I suspect there is suppose to be some link at the bottom of this page that will allow me to do this. However I keep getting this error message and nothing appears after this error message.

I also get the Unit disconnected message whenever I click on the Folders link when I want to see all of the movies and shows on my Tivo.

Thank you
ckoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #351
BTUx9
back?

robn77: themes that support dropdown menus don't work under ie6 or less (they give vertical menus)... try a different theme

ckoons: ??!?! if there is a TWP module "manage folders", it must be external... it isn't part of the TWP2 bundle, and is most likely not updated to work with TWP2, and I don't know of anything in TWP that displays "Unit disconnected!". It sounds more like an HME/remote scheduling thing, which would have nothing to do with TWP (unless you're accessing remotely via the beta tool, which, again, wouldn't be a message coming from TWP)
Old 11-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #352
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn77 View Post
I did not select a theme. I am just using the default UI that loads with TWP.
but SteveT added dropdown support to the default... try a different theme (and, yes, it should either be changed back or a different theme set as default)
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #353
robn77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTUx9 View Post
but SteveT added dropdown support to the default... try a different theme (and, yes, it should either be changed back or a different theme set as default)
Thanks! You are too quick. I found the place to change the theme then deleted the post because I should search before posting...
robn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #354
bhang

resource not found

I have used tweak.sh/SApper to do my sa2, everytime I try to connect to 192.168.1.104:8080 and I get resource not found, I checked the log and it is free of errors, the only clues I can see is the shell time is exactly 5 hours ahead of the guide(tivo) time which happens to be the correct time (eastern daylight savings) I have tried everything I can think of and I've gotten nowhere, I've spent 7 hours so far on this to no avail, it works fine on my sa1 (192.168.1.101:default port) I've reSAppered it a few times, I no linux guru but no complete noob either, but im getting nowhere, the tweak.sh thread seems to think its a twp problem, I like to try the update by command line if possible, I tried just whacking the original TivoWebPlus dir and untarring the beta but I got errors galore, and my ftp client uses the wrong mkdir cmd (MKD) so I couldn't ftp the original dir back from a backup, I dunno im grabbing at straws, any help would be great...

If by chance this is a double post im sorry, I coulda sworn I posted this already but couldn't find it.
Im thinking its the time difference, I tried setting the shell time but it just moved the tivo time by 5 hours, I tried to set the TZ to EDT(-5 gmt) Its hard to tell if these problems are related, but its a start...

anymore info anybody needs I'll do my best to find it.

bhang
bhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #355
BTUx9
back?

what is reporting "resource not found"?
is it the TWP log that you checked?
can you post the log?

p.s. tivo's internal clock runs at GMT, so 5 hours ahead is what you SHOULD see at a bash prompt

p.p.s. If you have any sort of IM, this might be easier to figure out there.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #356
bhang

Quote:
what is reporting "resource not found"?
is it the TWP log that you checked?
can you post the log?

p.s. tivo's internal clock runs at GMT, so 5 hours ahead is what you SHOULD see at a bash prompt

p.p.s. If you have any sort of IM, this might be easier to figure out there.
I have msn im look for this same name with 657 at the end... at googles popular mail service domain...

when I try to connect to 192.168.1.104(my sa2's ip) I get the "you just added net..blahblahblah" so I changed it to port 8080 in all tivoweb.cfg I could find(at the time i was unsure which was the right one)
when I try to connect to 192.168.1.104:8080 I get resource not found

thanks for the heads up on the time discrepancy, but I wish it was the fix

I'll be back up about 9am est maybe we can get together via im then if its good for ya, thanks alot, you made a good app great...

log is attached

bhang
Attached Files
File Type: txt tivoweb.log.txt (1.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #357
BTUx9
back?

the log shows that TWP quit from an internal call at 7PM (probably a cron job installed by tweak.sh)

unfortunately, the version installed is quite old (bundle from Feb.) and doesn't log some info (like port#).

from a bash prompt, "ps | grep tivosh" should tell you if TWP is running, and "netstat -l" will tell you if anything is listening on port 8080
Old 11-29-2007, 03:11 AM   #358
Pete77

Quote:
p.s. tivo's internal clock runs at GMT, so 5 hours ahead is what you SHOULD see at a bash prompt.
Surely Tivo in fact runs at UTC time BTUx9?

Of course we all know GMT and UTC are in practice the same thing but I find it hard to imagine a company based in California in the USA is using a time standard mainly ssociated with the British Empire and the British Navy (i.e. GMT) rather than one produced by multilateral agreement at some more recent and politically correct international convention or symposium (i.e. UTC).
Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #359
bhang

Arrow

Quote:
the log shows that TWP quit from an internal call at 7PM (probably a cron job installed by tweak.sh)

unfortunately, the version installed is quite old (bundle from Feb.) and doesn't log some info (like port#).

from a bash prompt, "ps | grep tivosh" should tell you if TWP is running, and "netstat -l" will tell you if anything is listening on port 8080
PS output
Code:
  321 ?        S      0:03 tivosh ./tivocid --no-gui --tivo --message --call-prog --program /var/hack/bin/out2osd
  331 ?        S      0:44 /tvbin/tivosh /TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl
  335 ?        S      0:00 tivosh ./tivocid --no-gui --tivo --message --call-prog --program /var/hack/bin/out2osd
  336 ?        S      0:00 /tvbin/tivosh /TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl
  338 ?        S      0:00 tivosh ./tivocid --no-gui --tivo --message --call-prog --program /var/hack/bin/out2osd
  339 ?        S      0:00 /tvbin/tivosh /TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl
 1993 ttyp0    S+     0:00 grep tivosh
netstat output
Code:
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State      
tcp        0      0 *:3333                  *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:2190                  *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:2191                  *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:webcache              *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:telnet                *:*                     LISTEN      
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN      
udp        0      0 *:1024                  *:*                                 
udp        0      0 *:2190                  *:*                                 
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*                                 
Active UNIX domain sockets (only servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     88     /var/dev/log
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     181    /tmp/S_EventSwitcherSocket95
Hmmm, great advice it looks like tivoweb is running by looking at the PS output, but I dont see tivoweb+ or anything running on 8080 or 80...

Damn, I wish I knew more linux, anyway No matter what port I specify Im getting the resource not found, unless I dont add a ort# I get the red, you got your networking setup page(which is why I tried to use port 8080)

I tried to manually upgrade my tivoweb+ to the 2.1 beta but I got tons of errors and gave it up, I was planning on using the nifty update on the twp+ webpage, but I have yet to get there... thanks, you gave me some good tips the best so far

edit:
here is the output when I issue the "twp" (alias for tivoweb console &)
Code:
starting TivoWebPlus
[1] 2652
-<SERIES_2>-{Thu Nov 29-05:41pm}-TiVo
/var/tmp#Warning: An http server was already running
Starting TWP pid=2658
TivoWebPlus - SERIES_2 - v2.0.0 (2.0.0 (oztivo-070205))
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
PoolSize=2916352
Loading libs...
btutils
html
http
index
rec
sendkey
ui
util
-running init_channelList--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_sp_cache--- completed in 2 seconds
rss_util
Loading modules...
-Registered backup
-Registered channelgrid
-Registered channelprefs
-Registered confresManual
-Registered folders
-Registered gallery
-Registered gdchecker
-Registered higuide
-Registered info
-Registered logos
-Registered logs
-Registered mail
-Registered manrec
-Registered mfs
-Registered mrv
-Registered netconfig
-Registered reorder
-Registered rowformat
-Registered rss
-Registered sysadmin
-Registered theme
-Registered channellist
-Registered deletedshows
-Registered history
-Registered nowshowing
-Registered search
-Registered seasonpass
-Registered wishlists
-Registered todo
-Registered todo/1
-Registered todo/2
-Registered update
-Registered whatson
couldn't open socket: address already in use
while executing
"socket -server ::session $::conf(Port)"
invoked from within
"set ::sock [socket -server ::session $::conf(Port)]"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/load.tcl" line 582)
invoked from within
"source $source_dir/load.tcl"
(procedure "load" line 4)
invoked from within
"load 0"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl" line 31)
Warning: An http server was already running
Error: The last session did not complete successfully
       Exiting to prevent possible reboot loop
this is the output from "twpstop"
Code:
stopping Tivowebplus
[1] 2702

#Warning: An http daemon is still running, quit may have failed

bhang

Last edited by bhang : 11-29-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #360
BTUx9
back?

Pete77: did that help?!?? GMT is a timezone, and is the one that times on tivo correspond to... it is a MUCH more recognizable acronym than UTC, especially for non-linux people, which is why I used it (and will continue to do so).

bhang: the netstat output is showing that TWP IS running on 8080 (webcache is the service name). given that the local access seemed to work for the (probable) cron job, I suspect that something else may be interfering. from some of what you posted about "resource not found", etc., I'm wondering if you set your tivo up on the correct subnet... is your PC on 192.168.1.*?