TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
mbklein
Foreign Contaminant

DTivo Network Driver Question

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Last night, I managed to get my HDVR2 hacked enough to get it on the network, I *think*. Here's my situation:

I don't have a PC, and I only had yesterday and today to get this stuff done. I tried to beg or borrow a PC (I stopped short of stealing. ) to no avail. What I *do* have is an Intel MacBook Pro. So I poked around and found or hacked OS X ports of most of the important stuff (bootpage, killhdinitrd, mfstools, devmapper) and used them, along with a couple of firewire disk enclosures, to copy my 40GB drive to a 250GB drive and killhdinitrd the kernel. I did a few other things (like setting the bootpage params, disabling netfilter and creating rc.sysinit.author), and put the TiVo back together. It boots, my settings and shows are still there, hurrah. I then popped the drive back into the Firewire enclosure to poke around, and found that rc.sysinit.author is still there -- which leads me to believe that my killhdinitrd was actually successful.

Here's my problem: The only wired USB adapter I've been able to get my hands on is a Linksys USB200M revision 2, which apparently only works with the 7.x software. I've ordered a D-Link DUB-E100 from Amazon.

So here are my questions:
  1. Will the D-Link just work, or do I have to install something else?
  2. If I install Jamie's backported drivers, will my USB200Mrev2.1 work?
  3. If so, what's the quickest and easiest way to install the backport with the drive pulled? I don't have the time or the tools right now to build a custom kernel, so it would have to be something I could download pre-built.

Feel free to use Linux nomenclature (/dev/hda4, etc.). I can translate to BSD/OSX (/dev/disk2s4) on the fly.

Thanks!
Michael

"Once again mbklein pretty much told it like it is." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Thanks everyone! (Except mbklein.)" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mbklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
mbklein
Foreign Contaminant

Never mind, everyone. Found everything I needed here. This place rocks. (So does the other place, but I can't really talk about it here. )

"Once again mbklein pretty much told it like it is." --

"Thanks everyone! (Except mbklein.)" --
mbklein is offline   Reply With Quote