TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #61
A@ron

yeah at least ffmpeg is cross platform. I don't know enough programming to even attempt such a feat. I guess I waited this long for tivotogo I can wait for something like this if need be
A@ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #62
pipakin

Yeah, I'm at the distinct disadvantage of not owning (or even knowing anyone who does own) a mac, so I wouldn't hold your breath

I am looking into Mono, to try and make a linux brand of this monster, though (And I think Mono runs on OSX, but don't quote me on that).

EDIT: Holy crap. This project is 99% Mono compatible. It'd have to be a stand-alone instead of a service...but everything else works... *baffled*

Last edited by pipakin : 01-23-2007 at 11:09 PM.
pipakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #63
sireone

Nothing on Tivo

I have 0.3.0a installed, service running, pointed to my videos dir, but nothing shows up in my Tivo Now Playing. What could I be doing wrong?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #64
pipakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireone
I have 0.3.0a installed, service running, pointed to my videos dir, but nothing shows up in my Tivo Now Playing. What could I be doing wrong?
1. What kind of network are you running (switched, wifi, wifi/wired)?

2. One network adapter, or two in your machine?

3. Any errors in the log?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #65
A@ron

looks like mono works on mac os x...
hit me up if you need a mac os x beta tester

Last edited by A@ron : 01-23-2007 at 11:19 PM.
A@ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #66
djmath

ok, the firewall thing was obvious, sorry. and ver 3 seems to have cleared up the directory issue. thanks for the cool app
djmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #67
pipakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmath
ok, the firewall thing was obvious, sorry. and ver 3 seems to have cleared up the directory issue. thanks for the cool app
Sweet! Glad to hear it's working.

oh, and BTW, IT RUNS ON MONO!

I have a modified version running 100% on Mono. So this can run in both linux and Mac OSX (I've been told).

I'll clean it up and post another download for mono environments. It'll obviously not use the windows registry, but a flat file for configuration, but other than that, it should run fine... *gleeful*

EDIT: time for bed. I'll be around tomorrow if anyone's having issues. Hopefully I can get that Mono version posted tomorrow as well
Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #68
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipakin
here's one thing, go to the address http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Co...ontainer=Video (In Internet explorer)

and then paste the xml that it spits at you into a reply here or a PM. I can take a look at what the TiVo is seeing and see if I see any strangeness.
this is wht I am getting:
<TiVoContainer>
<ItemStart>0</ItemStart>
<ItemCount>1</ItemCount>

<Details>
<Title>Video</Title>
<ContentType>x-container/tivo-videos</ContentType>
<SourceFormat>x-container/folder</SourceFormat>
<TotalItems>1</TotalItems>
</Details>

<Item>

<Details>
<Title>Stephen King's - Cujo [DvDRip] AC3</Title>
<ContentType>video/x-tivo-mpeg</ContentType>
<SourceFormat>video/x-tivo-mpeg</SourceFormat>
<SourceSize>0</SourceSize>
</Details>

<Links>

<Content>
<ContentType>video/x-tivo-mpeg</ContentType>
<AcceptsParams>No</AcceptsParams>

<Url>
/Video/Stephen%20King's%20-%20Cujo%20[DvDRip]%20AC3.mpeg
</Url>
</Content>

<CustomIcon>
<ContentType>video/*</ContentType>
<AcceptsParams>No</AcceptsParams>
<Url>urn:tivo:image:save-until-i-delete-recording</Url>
</CustomIcon>
</Links>
</Item>
</TiVoContainer>

and got this in the error log:ContextCallback Unknown Url: /favicon.ico Medium Error YOUR-4DACD0EA75 127.0.0.1
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:22 AM   #69
sireone

Quote:
1. What kind of network are you running (switched, wifi, wifi/wired)?

2. One network adapter, or two in your machine?

3. Any errors in the log?
Running Switched network, one adapter & the only error in the log is this:
ContextCallback Unknown Url: /favicon.ico Medium Error pluto.domian.com 127.0.0.1

My Tivo Desktop works fine & I can see programs from the 'My Tivo Recordings' folder. I just don't see anything related to Tivo.Net
Old 01-24-2007, 07:35 AM   #70
sireone

Didn't even realize the thing about the FW. I disabled it, and it worked. BUT, when I add the program TivoDotNet.exe & ffmpeg_mp2.exe to the exceptions, it still doesn't work. I have to disable the fw completely.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:09 AM   #71
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Didn't even realize the thing about the FW. I disabled it, and it worked. BUT, when I add the program TivoDotNet.exe & ffmpeg_mp2.exe to the exceptions, it still doesn't work. I have to disable the fw completely.
If using Windows Firewall, don't add click the "Add Program..." button under exceptions. Instead, click "Add Port...". Create two entries one for 9032/TCP & 9033/TCP. No UDP, right? At least that is what I did and can now see if it on my Tivo.

Still no luck with viewing any videos. Am I suppose to get a message like "This program has been added to the To Do list and will be transferred onto the tivo after previously requested programs have finished transferring."? There are not previous transfers.

Recorded History says "This program was not transferred onto this DVR because it was not found on the TiVo.Net Server Video."
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #72
pipakin

9033/TCP and 9032/TCP. The UDP packet is outgoing, so it shouldn't be blocked. It is sent out to the broacast address for your network. greg_burns, did you post an xml dump and I missed it? there may still be some characters that aren't escaping correctly. (that's my guess anyways)
Old 01-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #73
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
greg_burns, did you post an xml dump and I missed it? there may still be some characters that aren't escaping correctly. (that's my guess anyways)
I will have to try with a larger sample of files. Does this take a lot of horse power? I am currently using a POS laptop.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #74
pipakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_burns
I will have to try with a larger sample of files. Does this take a lot of horse power? I am currently using a POS laptop.
the transcoding can be CPU intensive, but it shouldn't be too bad. I suppose if it goes slow enough the TiVo might assume the server is dead.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #75
sireone

Multiple Video folders

Will there be support for multiple video folders? e.g. on separate drives?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #76
20TIL6
BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop

Forgive me for asking maybe a dumb question, but is this only for series 2? I'm assuming since the series 3 don't yet have TTG or MRV, etc. that this won't work on the S3. Thanks.

Hopefully, these goodies will be enabled on the series 3 and I can join the party.
20TIL6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #77
scott816

I have playing with this app and trying to keep on top of the thread but have an error in the log that hasn't been mentioned in this forum. I am running 3a.
I have video stored on the root of my drive and both tivo deskotp and tivo.net pointed to it. I am able to browse the videos via tivo but after i try to transfer the video i get the error message on tivo telling me to go look at the "To Do List". The To Do List reports that it was not found on my computer. Tivo.net error log reports TiVoDotNet Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Minor Error.
Any ideas?
scott816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #78
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
So this can run in both linux and Mac OSX (I've been told).
I'll test the Linux version for you. I currently run Galleon on Mandrake, but adding this to that Linux box would be great (no need to run TiVoDesktop on my PC).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #79
pipakin

Quote:
Will there be support for multiple video folders? e.g. on separate drives?
I thought about extening the windows shortcut support to support directories (so you could put a shortcut to the directories in one directory and point TiVo.Net there, but I haven't gotten to it.

Once I clean up the Mono version, you should be able to use symlinks in linux, too
Old 01-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #80
pipakin

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott816
I have playing with this app and trying to keep on top of the thread but have an error in the log that hasn't been mentioned in this forum. I am running 3a.
I have video stored on the root of my drive and both tivo deskotp and tivo.net pointed to it. I am able to browse the videos via tivo but after i try to transfer the video i get the error message on tivo telling me to go look at the "To Do List". The To Do List reports that it was not found on my computer. Tivo.net error log reports TiVoDotNet Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Minor Error.
Any ideas?
Probably not the best idea to use the drive root, since it scans all subdirectories...

Hrm...I need to put some more checks in there with detailed error messages. That's officially on the list for 0.4.0a, which I hope to have done tonight.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #81
Deadpan Science

I got this working finally and I have to say, pipakin, you are a god.

Also, thanks to everyone that helped with my problems earlier.

EDIT: small suggestion/question

Is there a way to transcode the videos when you're away from your tivo so that you don't have to spend the time transcoding AND transferring? If not, that would be a cool option or addition
Deadpan Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #82
rrr22777

Does this HMO option work with HR10-250's?
rrr22777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #83
johno6969

Adding support for unencrypted video_ts folder structures

If you can do this you have a product that does what no others do! That includes any and all SW packages and media adapters.

I realize this goes beyond transcoding but would essentially make a Tivo the SUPERHERO all purpose PVR/media adapter.

I personally store all my DVDs as unencrypted backups on a 1.5T Infrant NAS as my kids tend to destroy the disks in no time at all. I then additionally transcode them to a SVCD mpeg file that is also stored there.

In my Tivo folder I just paste shortcuts to the mpeg2 files and am able to easily stream them (minus any program info - darn it).

So, if you could natively support the video_ts folders structure you would have reached the HOLT GRAIL for such as application.

Beyond that if you could leverage the incredible MYMovies work (just google it if you are interested) for creating and browsing a DVD library....WOW nirvana.

john
johno6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #84
pipakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno6969
If you can do this you have a product that does what no others do! That includes any and all SW packages and media adapters.

I realize this goes beyond transcoding but would essentially make a Tivo the SUPERHERO all purpose PVR/media adapter.

I personally store all my DVDs as unencrypted backups on a 1.5T Infrant NAS as my kids tend to destroy the disks in no time at all. I then additionally transcode them to a SVCD mpeg file that is also stored there.

In my Tivo folder I just paste shortcuts to the mpeg2 files and am able to easily stream them (minus any program info - darn it).

So, if you could natively support the video_ts folders structure you would have reached the HOLT GRAIL for such as application.

Beyond that if you could leverage the incredible MYMovies work (just google it if you are interested) for creating and browsing a DVD library....WOW nirvana.

john
You lost me there with the "video_ts folders structure". If you can explain what you're looking for in detail, I can and will implement it.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #85
pipakin

Mono version

For all you adventurous fellows out there who want to try this on alternate platforms:

1. Get Mono for your platform and install it: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

2. Get ffmpeg for your platform and install it.

3. Get the TivoMono-0.3.0a-Test.zip file and unzip it to a directory of your choice: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tiv...se_mirror=osdn

4. Edit the settings.xml file included in the zip file and set the Installpath to the path you unzipped the zip file to (make sure it ends in "/" or "\", whichever is applicable) and FFMpeg_Path to the path (including filename) of the ffmpeg executable.

5. Run the TivoMono assembly using mono : "mono TivoMono.exe"

6. Access the admin page in the same way (you need to be on the box that it's running on).

7. ???

8. Profit!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #86
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
You lost me there with the "video_ts folders structure". If you can explain what you're looking for in detail, I can and will implement it.
http://www.denguru.com/2006/08/28/al...vds/page2.html
Old 01-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #87
Dan203
Super Moderator

He's looking for the ability to pull the main movie from the structure of a DVD. Inorder to do this you have to be able to parse the IFO file of the DVD, then read only the packets from of the main movie from several VOB files. Your software also would have to be smart enough to only transcode video as needed. If a DVD is already formatted properly for TiVo playback (i.e. 29.97fps) then it could just stream it as is, however if it's not (i.e. 24fps "film mode") then it would need to transcode it before streaming.

On a completely unrelated note I have a suggestion... You should come up a data file format that users can use to add their own custom data to recordings. Then simply have the software look for a file of that format with the same name as the video file, parse it and then present that data to the TiVo so that when the program is transfered it'll contain a complete title, description, etc... of the users choice. If you poll the TiVo Desktop server for a list of programs you can see the XML format the TiVo needs to get data in. Perhaps the easiest way would be to simply retain that format in a .xml file.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #88
pipakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203
He's looking for the ability to pull the main movie from the structure of a DVD. Inorder to do this you have to be able to parse the IFO file of the DVD, then read only the packets from of the main movie from several VOB files. Your software also would have to be smart enough to only transcode video as needed. If a DVD is already formatted properly for TiVo playback (i.e. 29.97fps) then it could just stream it as is, however if it's not (i.e. 24fps "film mode") then it would need to transcode it before streaming.

On a completely unrelated note I have a suggestion... You should come up a data file format that users can use to add their own custom data to recordings. Then simply have the software look for a file of that format with the same name as the video file, parse it and then present that data to the TiVo so that when the program is transfered it'll contain a complete title, description, etc... of the users choice. If you poll the TiVo Desktop server for a list of programs you can see the XML format the TiVo needs to get data in. Perhaps the easiest way would be to simply retain that format in a .xml file.

Dan

*chuckle*

Watch a whole video from the TiVo.Net server and then go back to the video dir and look for a .tvm file (it's xml. TVM = TiVo.net Metafile).

It's not used to the fullest yet. It's just used to get the final encoded size for the video so it doesn't have to send a bogus size to the TiVo, but it does have a description, title, and duration field that will be used once I get around to it.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #89
pipakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_burns
Must....implement....*runs of to write dvd parsing*
Old 01-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #90
oldskoolboarder

Is there a place to just get the executables to try this out? I don't have easy access to a compile environment on my machines.
oldskoolboarder is offline   Reply With Quote