TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
Herb S.

Question Season Pass Problem

I have season passes to Firefly and Battlestar on UHD. In checking those passes last night they showed no upcoming episodes, which I thought was quite strange. Upon checking the program guide there are upcoming episodes on both those shows albeit at diffrent times. I was under the impression season passes were not time dependent. Anyone have a answer on why this problem and how to prevent in the future. I'm reasonably new to the TIVO only have had the box for a few months.
Herb S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
rcbray

I don't have the same problem and don't know the answer to your issue. Just thought I'd throw another season pass problem into the thread.

I've used the HR10 since they first "came out". First time I've seen this, and I'm still running ver 3.1.5f.

Per urging from my sister/brother-in-law, I set up a season pass for the "Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic. It shows on the Season Pass Manager. Drilling down to "Upcoming Episodes" shows around 4 episodes per day for the next couple weeks. However, when I go to the "To Do" list it shows none of them are scheduled and the Recording History doesn't show any of them cancelled for any reason. When I go back to "Upcoming Episodes" and click on one of them it shows that "it will not be recorded"; but like I said, no reason reflected in the Recording History.

I've deleted and reestablished the Season Pass. I've rebooted the HR10. Nothing changes.

Just went back and checked my To Do list. Little scheduled for this week. Checked and most of my passes are "repeats"; however once again, they don't show in Recording History as "not recorded" because they are repeats.

Bottom line: My Season Pass functionality has "gone south".

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by rcbray : 12-26-2006 at 11:38 AM.
rcbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
gquiring

Same here with Firefly. It does not work, I have to record each one manually. I had a recent issue with the Closer also not being recorded either. I have had a few other recording issues also that were not season passes but I got the wrong movies recorded.
gquiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Herb S.

I forgot to add if my orignal post that my other season passes seem to be OK.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
SpankyInChicago

A lot of people are reporting these problems.

I first noticed it back in early Novemeber.

To fix it I ended up doing a C&D everything. That did work. But now the problem is back again and I am not doing another C&D because it would mean AGAIN reentering 70+ season passes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpankyInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Probably related to the bad guide data that DirecTV sent out recently. There are other threads concerning this situation.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
Herb S.

If it is due to bad guide data would a reboot solve the problem as the box has to reacquire the guide data?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
skoolpsyk

Not glad to hear about your problem, but kind of glad to hear it's not just happening to me!

It's happening to all my season passes; I've rebooted, made an extra guide call, but no changes.

I missed BSG yesterday on UHD and it sounds like it was a very important episode and doesn't look to be replayed before the season 2 finale on sunday. Needless to say, I'm Pissed!!!

How do we know that they know there is a problem? Is there someplace to email to let them know? I know if I call D* all they will tell me to do is unplug the receiver....
skoolpsyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #9
hybucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolpsyk
Not glad to hear about your problem, but kind of glad to hear it's not just happening to me!

It's happening to all my season passes; I've rebooted, made an extra guide call, but no changes.

I missed BSG yesterday on UHD and it sounds like it was a very important episode and doesn't look to be replayed before the season 2 finale on sunday. Needless to say, I'm Pissed!!!

How do we know that they know there is a problem? Is there someplace to email to let them know? I know if I call D* all they will tell me to do is unplug the receiver....
I set up a season pass for BBCA's AFTERLIFE, and it has yet to record one of them. I have to set it to record manually. THe guide info for the episodes is correct, and it shows all the upcoming episodes, so we can't blame that.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
aeisner007

season passes not recording

I have a similar problem....I record the news and the tonight show....they are not recorded; the "to do" history indicates that the season pass was changed (not true). The program listings show these programs are scheduled but they are not being recorded.

This is not happening because of "repeat" programs.......
aeisner007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #11
aeisner007

I should have added that I did reboot, with no success.
aeisner007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #12
primetime73

I noticed yesterday that there were no upcoming CSI's listed in my to do list but when I check the guide data for 01/04/07 there is a new episode listed. All the CSIs on Spike show in the upcoming viewing but none of the episodes on my local OTA. I set the HR10 to record it manually but the season pass will not pick it up. Then I noticed today that although 3 episodes of Heroes are listed as being on SciFi today if I search by title or use a Wishlist no episodes of Heroes are listed despite all showing up in the guide. My 2nd HR10 upstairs finds all the CSI episodes including OTA/Spike and Heroes without a problem. I have tried forcing a call and rebooting but neither worked. Both machines are running 6.3a software. Any idea on how to fix this? I don't want to have to manually check every season pass to make sure I am not missing any episodes.
primetime73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #13
rb5505

glad to see i'm not alone in this. over the past month or two i've noticed on both the hdtivo (hr10-250) and the std tivo (r10), that when looking into future shows within my season passes, some shows will show none. it also doesn't show in the search by title list. since many are daily shows with multiple showings, i knew something was up. what i needed to do was go to the search by channel and choose that shows channel, then scroll through the next 12 days or so and manually record the missing shows. this had happened a few weeks ago, but it did correct itself after a few days. now it's doing it again. as i said, 2 different types of tivos have done this. i'm guessing it's not the tivo's this time. it does show that the machines are up to date with about 12 days of guide and it does show completing the downloads. it's almost like it's downloading only part of the guide.
rb5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:22 AM   #14
Herb S.

Rebooted the hr10 yesterday evening,and the season passes to Battlestar and Firefly were in working order. It seems the theory that the problem is due to corrupted guide data is probably true. How often the guide data corrupted is the 64k question; it is a PITA to be constantly checking one's season passes to make sure everything is in working order.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #15
jhimmel

Add me to list list of affected customers.
Interestingly enough, it affected ONE of my Hr10-250's, but not the other.

Jim H.
jhimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
rcbray

I'm still running 3.1.5f and my Season Passes are totally "screwed up". I tried a reboot, no improvement. Then did a total Clear and Delete. No help.

I can see upcoming shows in the guide; but Season Passes don't schedule 90% of them. Some Season Passes even show a "none scheduled" notation in the left column of the To Do List; but if you "drill down" on upcoming programs, it shows lots of them.

Obviously the Tivo has visibility of shows in the Guide data; but something stops the Season Pass routine from finding them.

Customer Service was not aware of any Season Pass issues. Merely told me to reboot and wait a couple days for the new data to flow in.
rcbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #17
BRSlim

Same here some, but not all of my season passes are screwed up. Also when i look at upcoming episodes I don't see the channel my SP is on, but other channels show up. I'm in NYC and get Law and Order (for example) in HD on 82 NBCE. When I go to upcoming episodes from season pass manager every channel that Law and Order is on showes up except 82 and 4 the NBC station in NYC. Several of my SPs have this issue. When I check on the episode info it says "This episode will not be recorded. Check (channel number and call letters) in Channels You Receive, or call 1-800-directv to order.

Last edited by BRSlim : 12-31-2006 at 01:08 AM.
BRSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #18
f0gax

Anything on this?
I just encountered the problem.
My To Do list had three items in it this morning. All SPs show "none scheduled".
Old 01-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #19
steady teddy

I haven't visted here in a while but I just noticed the same problem(s) with several shows like CSI, Shark, and Number3s.

I'll try a reboot to see what happens.
steady teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
Cy Jervis

Add me to the list, just noticed this morning. I can use the guide to set up a second recording but the season pass doesn't see there is an upcoming show. Also noticed the search by title isn't working. I forced a call which went thru fine but didn't help, neither did a reboot. Customer service told me to turn off my call waiting until the 12th and with the new software I should be O.K.. I currently show software version 6.3a and never had a problem until today. I am currently doing a clear and delete and if that doesn't work I'll call back and tell them they can send me a new box thru my service contract. Hmmm I wonder if that is what they are trying to make me do anyway... this may be the end of Tivo for me. Wish me luck..
Cy Jervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #21
TSpoonEars
Evil Brit.

Add me to the list also.

We just got back from vacation and noticed that most of our SP's on NBCW HD (the LA feed) and a couple on ABC were not scheduled to record. We had the same error as other posters - someone in the household modified the Season Pass - which is untrue. It also said to check our channel list and call DirecTV. At the moment we're stuck with manual recordings - not exactly what we are paying for
TSpoonEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #22
steady teddy

I also own a HR20 and, while many of the bugs have been worked out, it is still very buggy. However if the HR10-250 cannot record season passes correctly then this thing is essentially useless.
steady teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #23
addictsw

I've just hit this again as well (I had hit it with 3.x once a few months ago).

They key behind this problem is that nothing will show on the todo list, but if you look at the "Recording History" at the top of the todo list and look forward in time you'll see the shows you want with "Won't Record" next to them. If you select one and look at the reasoning why, it'll tell you that the season pass was modified (which is untrue).

When this happened to me a few months ago on my other Tivo, I rebooted, used this "Recording History" trail to manually set those episodes up that it would have missed without my intervention (just a couple of days worth) and then waited.

About a day later, all of the scheduled recordings behond my couple of days were back in the todo list.

I just wanted to relay this approach as I've seen several alluding to doing Clear and Delete All... IMO this is a bit too drastic (not for all, but at least it would be for my near-full Tivo) to do immediately after detecting the problem...

Hope This Helps,
-addictsw
addictsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #24
deanooh

I Too have the same problem on 2 of my Tivo HD units.

I have call Direct tv twice. This last call Dec 30th, 06.

They told me that they are aware of the problem since Dec.22nd with the first caller (maybe me) and that it seems to be affecting all the Direct tv Tivo units[b]. They said they are working on the problem an will download a fix when it comes from the programmers.

I have tried a restart and also a "reset the programing info and to do lists" and then a restart. I think since the Tivo has to download all the program data again it seems to work better, but in a day or two same thing. All the shows are not downloaded to the "Program list" even though it is in the "Guide"

I am anxiously awaiting an fix, SO I CAN TRUST my tivo boxes again to get my season passes.

Cheers,
Dean
deanooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #25
noahsd

Add me to the list. I had the same exact problem with my nightly news SP. I just manually recorded it for a couple of days, and when I checked this morning, the SP had corrected itself without any intervention. Go figure. I am hoping that D* had figured out the problem and fixed it. Check out your problem SP's and see if the upcoming episodes are now checked. BTW, I am running 6.3b.
noahsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #26
Cy Jervis

A complete clear helped somewhat but my Tivo is still messed up. Happy new year from DirecTV.
Cy Jervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
ericL
Abbie Normal

This is well-chronicled here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=332166

Bottom line is that it looks like SPs and/or Wishlists (for me it almost never affects SPs but WLs are completely empty when it happens) are going to be potentially unreliable until they find a fix. My experience is that everything goes back to normal a little after the next indexing after a reboot, however, it can get screwed up again.... and again...

This thread is the first time I've heard that it's happening with 3.1.5f. That's truly a bummer. I've been using my copy of 3.1.5f I have on an extra disk as my safety blanket that I can always go to if needed. First, for the audio dropout problem, which seems to be fixed with 6.3b and now this -- but it sounds like it's not a reliable fix for this one.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #28
Rob Dawn

Add me to the list!
Problems with OTA channels, local sat channels, and 'cable' channels - so pretty much ALL channels!!

If the HD TiVo Season Passes aren't going to work, there is NO reason to be staying with DirecTV!!!
PS3 for Blu-ray & gaming
Rob Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #29
hybucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dawn
Add me to the list!
Problems with OTA channels, local sat channels, and 'cable' channels - so pretty much ALL channels!!

If the HD TiVo Season Passes aren't going to work, there is NO reason to be staying with DirecTV!!!
You will have the same Season Pass problems with any TiVO, from what I understand, whether with DirecTV or cable or OTA.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #30
purduelion

I have seen this issue since Nov. Bummer. I don't mind paying directv for Tivo service, but this is not the service I expected when I agreed to pay for it. I pay for Tivo so that I don't have to check or worry about recording things.
purduelion is offline   Reply With Quote