TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #241
goony

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishicks
my question on this situation is this, if they made some type of a change which started this why haven't they just rolled back to when the problem didn't exist? I can't imagine they made 100's of changes and they don't know which one it was.
DirecTV isn't saying... a wild guess is that they changed something in the guide data to fix a problem with the non-Tivo DVRs and it unexpectedly screwed up the Tivo-based DVRs. By the time the shouting was loud enough from the DTivo users they couldn't undo what they did else receive complaints from everyone else along the lines of "Hey, you fixed this for a few days and now it is broke again"... or the guide data change was related to the approaching year 2007 and there was no way to undo it else lots of boxes would be hard broken.

They may have decided to just leave the change in place and then see how many DTivo users complained; they may also have looked at it as an opportunity to convince some of the DTivo users that a "new technology R15 box" would fix their problem.

Has anyone heard of DirecTV convincing a DTivo user that they needed a whole new R15 DVR to replace their misbehaving DTivo?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #242
John T Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony
see how many DTivo users complained
I called and sent them an email using the link I've posted elsewhere

I also found their physical address and have a letter in today's mail pickup... just in case the HQ types don't know that the tech types are "quietly" trying to fix a problem they themselves caused

DirecTv - Corporate HQ
2230 East Imperial Hwy
El Segundo CA 90245

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Old 01-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #243
dscott72

I just checked my series 2 unit and all the season passes have returned to normal as far as I can tell. I didn't do anything special to correct the issue.

HNS GXCEB0T
HR10-250
DSR 7000
Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #244
Sartori

Hello

Well things are still screwed up on my R10 CSI Thursday was in the to do list for about a week and now today it was gone. So I had to manually put it in for tonight. ER is still there but not saying that won't dissapear too.

I'm calling them now!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #245
Sartori

Well I just got off the phone with a tech. Kinda funny his is doing the same thing

Anyway he said Tivo is looking into the problem and it will be fixed through a software download from the phone line.

You can take that or leave it....

No definate timeframe on a fix either....

Also said reboots, reentering the season passes, forcing a phone call doesnt work...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #246
tivonerd

I have a HR10-250. I get the “season pass was modified” or “no upcoming episodes” message on some of my season passes. It comes and goes. Mostly hits the 6pm news. Rebooting and/or clearing the to-do list does not help.

This is ridiculous!! First the audio drop-out problem (which I still have), then the reboot problem (which I still have) now this!! WTF!!?? If they keep “improving” this software I’m gonna go nuts!! My messages will read “that program was not recorded because someone in your household hit me with a baseball bat”

I've got a second drive on order (400gb) and I'm planning on going back to 3.5. Do ya think that'll help?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #247
John T Smith

Software version is unlikely to help

Season Pass Problem Reports
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=332166
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=332358

Random Restart Reports
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=333005
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=333247

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #248
bjstewa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishicks
no commercial skip could be one of those new features(wasn't this rumored awhile back?). imagine how many regular users(not Tivo loyalists) would flock to the R15 if they were told that only it offers commercial skipping.
Unfortunately, their version of the 30-second skip is not good. It takes about 3 seconds to go 30 seconds ahead as it is just a glorified FF mode. I've been testing it out for about a week and I hate just about everything about the R15.

bjs
Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #249
Tele-TV

Exclamation CHECK YOUR RECORDINGS FOR UGLY BETTY & TIL DEATH, TONIGHT

Hey guys/Happy New Year,

[westcoasters]

I just checked my Sony SAT-T60 recordings for these 2 shows, and got a message saying someone modified the Season Pass and they were erased from my To Do List. Sorry if this has already been posted.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #250
chrishicks
Tivo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivonerd
If they keep “improving” this software I’m gonna go nuts!! My messages will read “that program was not recorded because someone in your household hit me with a baseball bat”
with all the issues we've been having reading this brought a smile to my face.
Motorola RNG200N Comcast HD DVR
Old 01-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #251
WillyWanker

Having problems too, both with completely empty WishLists and individual episodes "detaching" from their Season Passes (episodes show up in the program guide by channel/date, but don't appear in the Season Pass upcoming episode lists).

2 days ago everything was fine as I checked thru all my WishLists. Today, all gone, and lots of episodes from my Season Passes are gone too (had to manually re-add them in the to-do list).

Going to call DTV now to add my voice to the unsatisfied customer list. I have no workaround for the missing WishLists, but at least you can go thru the to-do list (look at the shows it WON'T be recording) and reschedule any episodes that got detached.

And oh hell no they better not tell me to erase everything and start again, cause I have over 60 Season Passes and at least as many WishLists.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #252
mlctvt

I just recently had problems or at least noticed them. Last night on 1/3/07 I viewed my "to do" list and noticed new 2007 programs scheduled to record. Example ER tonight 1/4 at 10pm. Tonight I looked at the "to do" list and this and many other programs were no longer there. Most missing shows are CBS and NBC new episodes for 2007. Tonight ER would not even show if I searched upcoming episodes, I could only find it by searching by channel and time. Same goes for the CSI programs scheduled next week, I had to search channel and time just to find them. I've tried a reboot and a forced phone call and neither fixed the problem. Anyone else have this problem? It looks like the program guide is screwed up or missing the new episodes.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #253
Cabinwood
Cabin Dweller

Wow, I went through the schedule for the next week and I'd say that almost a half of my season passes weren't going to record. I guess I'd better call DTV and add my voice to the list.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #254
Cudahy

The wishlists on our Directivo and HDtivo dissapeared around Dec.22 and reappeared on New Years eve just before midnight. I've been checking everyday and there's been no problem since then. If I hadn't been reading this board I would assume that it was an end of the year bug. I'm guessing that there is more than one bug involved.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #255
deanooh

Mine seems to work now for 3 days now

SO far so good for three days now ....

So for the past three days I have looked and looked at my two hr10-250's, and for the last three days all the symptoms of missing ToDo's and missing data for the programing list are gone..
So I I am happy for now.. Im keeping my fingers crossed and keep checking it every few hours for more symptoms.

Cheers,
Dean
Old 01-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #256
JBM

Arrow Missing to do list

Just got home & found that CSI & Shark weren't recorded tonight.
History shows that message:
Quote:
This program was not recorded because someone in your household modified the season pass, wishlist or autorecording that scheduled it.

Humm - seems to be a common problem. They were there in the to do list a couple of days ago.

Anyone heard of any fixes for this or acknowledgment by DirecTv?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #257
MacQ2

News from DirecTV

I have had these problems for several weeks and been following this thread and monitoring my TIVOs. On my main TIVO I had recently done a Daily Call and power-off reset and things seemed fine for several days. I checked everything at 5pm Thurs night and all looked good but yet CSI did not record as it should have. Argh!

So, I called DirecTV and this is what the tech said. Don't gripe at me if you disagree with some info - I'm just passing along his comments:

They acknowledge a problem and are awaiting a software fix. The TIVO software will be updated and be delivered over the phone line during a daily call. I specifically asked if the software wasn't delivered via satellite and then activated by the daily call and he said no, a plain DirecTV receiver gets its software updates via satellite but the TIVO software can only be downloaded during the telephone call to TIVO. There is no estimated date for a fix.

He suggested two work-arounds until then:

1) He said this has helped some people, at least temporarily: Delete and re-add a Season Pass.

2) To guarantee a recording, he said to use the Manual record by Time/Channel. Mind you, this is not the same as using the guide and manually selecting a program to record. This is the record option where you specify the channel, date, and start and end times manually.

<end of DirecTV comments>

I will start forcing daily calls daily in hopes to get the update as soon as possible. And, of course, monitoring this thread and forum. Please anyone post updated software versions.

Delete/re-add SPs seems pointless and many of mine aren't in the next 10 days of guide data and I don't want to convert them to Wish List items.

I thought I was safe checking at 5pm for a 9pm recording but I guess not. So, I will be making manual recordings until the fix arrives.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 AM   #258
treq

Exclamation Deleted!?!

I had a new problem tonight. Tried to record Scrubs and 30 Rock tonight. When I got home around 11pm not there even though I made sure I added them myself just the other day. When I checked the history it said "Deleted". WTF? not "Not recorded" but "Deleted". Full message read;

"Scrubs: "My House" on Thu 1/4 9:00 pm

This recording was deleted earlier than planned because the space was needed for another recording on Thu 1/4 at 8:59 pm. "

It deleted the program for space, before it began. And there were tivo recordings and much older programs still on the drive. Same on 30 Rock and who knows what other shows. The problems seems to be mostly with nbc and msnbc for me.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #259
tward_biteme1

I have an R-10 that is having the problem off and on....

I have another Zippered DTivo that has not had the problem at all... Are any Zippered DTivos having the problem?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #260
Cabinwood
Cabin Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq
I had a new problem tonight. Tried to record Scrubs and 30 Rock tonight. When I got home around 11pm not there even though I made sure I added them myself just the other day. When I checked the history it said "Deleted". WTF? not "Not recorded" but "Deleted". Full message read;

"Scrubs: "My House" on Thu 1/4 9:00 pm

This recording was deleted earlier than planned because the space was needed for another recording on Thu 1/4 at 8:59 pm. "

It deleted the program for space, before it began. And there were tivo recordings and much older programs still on the drive. Same on 30 Rock and who knows what other shows. The problems seems to be mostly with nbc and msnbc for me.

Anyone else have this problem?
I've had that happen too. I think it started shortly after I got the 6.3 software update.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #261
paratrooper

My season passes work sometimes, then not others - My wife enjoys her daily soap - in looking at the SP for upcoming episodes, it is showing that the only upcoming shows are MWF - what happened to Tuesday and Thursday. However if I look in the guide, there they are. Tried removing the SP and redoing it - no luck. When I do a Wishlist search, again only MWF, no Tues or Thurs. My Out-laws have Dish and are pleased - I guess it is becoming time to give them a try.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #262
Bob Coxner

Today's experience: all Wishlists are gone and no upcoming shows display, Season Passes are fine. Yesterday both were ok. The spontaneous reboots seem to have stopped.

A thought occurs to me - I'm guessing a fair percentage of the DirecTV executives, managers, technicians and employees also have Tivo units. Surely they're having the same problems that we are. I'm hoping that Chase Carey has one. If so, it's likely the problem will be sorted out sooner rather than later.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #263
Rkkeller

Just wanted you guys to know that NOTHING is fixed on the R-15 or HR20. Just as buggy, just as many missed recordings, etc...

So whatever DirecTV broke did not fix the non TiVo DVR's.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #264
drew2k
Drew != Drawn

Today's my day to cross-post:

I haven't heard anyone yet say that a Record-By-Time-and-Channel program was NOT recorded, so ...

It seems that the only sure way to guarantee you will get a recording is to Record by Time and Channel. Note - this is not the same as just clicking "record" on a specific title. Instead, it's using TiVo like it's a VCR: Record Channel 7 from 9 PM to 10 PM.

Any other type of recording that is based on program description (WishLists, Season Passes) or title (manual recordings) is entirely suspect until DirecTV pushes out a fix.

It's sad that I can say that my TiVos are no longer 100% reliable. They're down to around 60% with all the babysitting now required.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #265
JillupM

Cool Just notcied the "changed season pass" problem...

yesterday. I saw other postings here from as long ago as 12/18. I guess I am lucky. I added the shows from last night that I wanted and decided to do this on a day to day basis until things got better. Well, my Directivo rebooted at 2:30am. When it came back up, there was a searching for Sat 1 message. I decided to wait that out until morning before doing anything. About a half hour later, the message went away. My ToDoList is now repopulated and everything seems fine. Strange things happening at D*.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #266
bonscott87
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkkeller
Just wanted you guys to know that NOTHING is fixed on the R-15 or HR20. Just as buggy, just as many missed recordings, etc...

So whatever DirecTV broke did not fix the non TiVo DVR's.
Whatever this problem is, it's just a Tivo thing. It doesn't effect the DVR+ line. Now you may be missing recordings because of various bugs on those receivers, but it's not from this problem.

(2) DirecTivo's (R10, HDVR2), HR20, H21, Fortec Mercury II FTA receiver (Glorystar system)

HR20 help found at http://www.dbstalk.com
Old 01-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #267
Vito the TiVo
Rockin' the Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward_biteme1
I have an R-10 that is having the problem off and on....

I have another Zippered DTivo that has not had the problem at all... Are any Zippered DTivos having the problem?
That's a good question. I have two zippered tivos and knew nothing of this problem until last night when "Earl" simply didn't record. Dual tuner and nothing recording on either one of them. I checked the history and it quoted the 28 day rule for a brand new episode with a brand new 2007 airdate.

Related? Who knows.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #268
DougF

This happened to me last night. Only my SAT-T60 was affected. Neither of my DVR-40s were. I caught it in time to still get Scrubs and ER, but too late for Earl and The Office. My bedroom unit caught them all, though.

I just dropped and re-added all of my SPs. Went pretty quickly with TivoWeb.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #269
daperlman
check the rhime

now 2 of 3 of my dtivos (a dsr6K and hr10250) are working.

One of my dsr6k's is still missing things here and there. I would say about 20% of scheduled stuff is getting dropped and it is usually happening with shows that play > 1x per day. Like the hannity and colmes example (btw I knew someone would give me sh_ta about that). Now that show is fine but the other show at 9 is not recording in lieu of a much lower priority show?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #270
daperlman
check the rhime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF
This happened to me last night. Only my SAT-T60 was affected. Neither of my DVR-40s were. I caught it in time to still get Scrubs and ER, but too late for Earl and The Office. My bedroom unit caught them all, though.

I just dropped and re-added all of my SPs. Went pretty quickly with TivoWeb.
That only works if the guide data for that show is resolved - but it doesn't fix a damn thing. Cause if the data is fixed the pass works fine - if not you are SOL.