TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #751
Rottluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post
I respectfully disagreed...at WRT Leno and Conan. Other than the one episode you mention about with Spears, I don't recall seeing ONE re-run of those 2 programs that WASN'T from the last 4-6 months. Some of those Conan's I've seen 6-8 times since they originally aired....especially because his 3:05 replay is a rerun of the previous week/same day's show.

I'm not sure how hard it is for the powers that be at both shows to pick/choose episodes from prior years...but man, someone sure is pretty lazy to just keep re-airing the same episodes over and over.....

{Edit: I've been Tivo'ing both shows for the better part of 12 months....so I have a pretty good gauge on what I've seen over...and over....and over..... }

Um, I wasn't saying that all the re-runs would all be ancient, just was laughing at that particular episode because of all the current Britney drama......so seeing one that was pre-kids/marraige was rather amusing. It was more a poke at her than a statement about how old the re-runs are/will be......I did say they were digging deep for some of this crap.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #752
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

FRACK! The issues is back...all 3 of my SD TiVos are exhibiting the issue...Oddly, my HR10-250 is acting fine. Anyone else?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #753
jaypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottluver View Post

Um, I wasn't saying that all the re-runs would all be ancient, just was laughing at that particular episode because of all the current Britney drama......so seeing one that was pre-kids/marraige was rather amusing. It was more a poke at her than a statement about how old the re-runs are/will be......I did say they were digging deep for some of this crap.
My apologies then

I focused more on the "they are digging deep in the archives" part of the statement than the "some of this crap" part! I'm just peeved that they keep replaying NEW stuff....stuff that they've already replayed over playing some stuff that *maybe* folks never saw before.

But, hey...it's only week 2 of the strike...I'm sure they'll play some old stuff next week....or next month...right?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #754
jaypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeRisk View Post
FRACK! The issues is back...all 3 of my SD TiVos are exhibiting the issue...Oddly, my HR10-250 is acting fine. Anyone else?
The one SD Tivo I have left *seems* fine so far....it's the HR10's that are STILL dropping recordings because of this issue.

I won't even go into the rebooting of the HR10's that I'm STILL getting.....on MULTIPLE units...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #755
Rottluver

Quote:
My apologies then

I focused more on the "they are digging deep in the archives" part of the statement than the "some of this crap" part! I'm just peeved that they keep replaying NEW stuff....stuff that they've already replayed over playing some stuff that *maybe* folks never saw before.

But, hey...it's only week 2 of the strike...I'm sure they'll play some old stuff next week....or next month...right?
No worries, I am infamous for missing half of what is said, let alone written to me.

Fortunately, I don't watch the talk shows so I am hoping and praying that this thing gets resolved soon......before it hits the series shows. I saw that Universal (I think) already told their contracted actors that they are on a 5 week suspension (at half pay ) and possibly longer if it continues.

And I will keep my fingers crossed that they play some better repeats for ya.

Quote:
The one SD Tivo I have left *seems* fine so far....it's the HR10's that are STILL dropping recordings because of this issue.

I won't even go into the rebooting of the HR10's that I'm STILL getting.....on MULTIPLE units...
What software version are you running on your HR10-250's? I (and most everyone else) was getting those reboots numerous times a day until we upgraded to software version 6.3(e)

There are a ton of threads about it on the various forums if you haven't heard about this before.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #756
stflush

I've started having this problem with Survivor: China, and the wife is pissed. The Tivo hasn't recorded the last 3 episodes and the reason is the "someone in your household" garbage. After the second time we deleted and setup the season pass again, obviously with no help. We have probably 30+ season passes on this box, and this seems to be the only show with this problem. Good to see DirecTV/Tivo is addressing this.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #757
mitchb2

I checked my ToDo list yesterday SPECIFICALLY to make sure Survivor was going to record. It was on the list. When I went to watch it, it wasn't there.

"Someone in your household...." This really ticks us off!
We just talked our in-laws into getting a Tivo, convincing them how great it is.
Won't they be thrilled.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #758
dd9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stflush View Post
I've started having this problem with Survivor: China, and the wife is pissed.
Ditto. I've resorted to manually selecting this one show to record when I see it in the guide rather than relying on a season pass. It's happened to me 3 different times for this show. Luckily I caught it in the first few minutes of the show and was able to manually grab it.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #759
biker
Outlaw

I did a reboot and it caught it!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #760
Rottluver

I don't get it. After a couple foul ups (not recording SP's) early on, I haven't had a problem with either of my Series 1 (Sony SAT-T60's) since this initially came around at the time change last spring. I have not yet had this problem at all with my HR10-250.

Not sure why anyone is still having the problem.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:15 AM   #761
LittleNoodle

I missed the last 3 episodes of Survivor China on my HR10-250 also.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:20 AM   #762
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I missed 3 out of the last 4 episodes of Survivor on both TiVos. That is the only show it is skipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:45 AM   #763
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I missed 3 out of the last 4 episodes of Survivor on both TiVos. That is the only show it is skipping.
Your TiVo is developing good taste.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dswallow : 11-24-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #764
Rottluver

I don't know what to say guys. Sorry to hear it though.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #765
reboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Hhahahhahhaahahhaahhaahha!! True!

--Your TiVo is developing good taste.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #766
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Yeah, you are right!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:57 PM   #767
snoop

I've had the "someone in your household modified the season pass" error on both of my R10's. Curiously, also with survivor but also boston legal and oprah (all my wifes shows...swell)

Seems this originally showed up with the "new data stream" and the old s/w, went away when they went back to the "old data stream", then came back shortly after the 6.3 release...i'm guessing they turned on the "new data stream" again?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #768
innocentfreak

Just happened tonight to me on two of my Tivos. It only happened to Rules of Engagement.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #769
scottweir

Running (2) HR10-250 ...Having problem with one but not the other...
Lucky the one caught what the other missed...I just found this post..
I cant beleive the amount of time that has passed on this issue without a
real fix...
I went through the to-do list and more than half my season passes were set not to record....went through the season pass manager and didnt change anything but when I exited out it modified the pass.
Is this a pissing match between tivo and direct tv ?
I know their relationship is over, But its hurting them both when this crap happens.
I miss the days when I didnt have to worry about missing the show, I guess I can dust off the VCR and start recording this stuff for FREE again.
I would love to hear if anybody has a fool-proof fix.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #770
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Just happened tonight to me on two of my Tivos. It only happened to Rules of Engagement.
Mine too. Fortunately, I caught it ahead of time and added Rules of Engagement back to the list before leaving the house.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #771
tward_biteme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
It was a repeat. With mine set to first run only, I had this message in my History, but when I checked it was a repeat.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #772
Fezmid

This has been happening with Survivor for me as well... Wife's not happy.

I also noticed that it wasn't going to record Smallville for me either -- both shows are on Thursday, wonder if there's a connection?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #773
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezmid View Post
This has been happening with Survivor for me as well... Wife's not happy.

I also noticed that it wasn't going to record Smallville for me either -- both shows are on Thursday, wonder if there's a connection?
Smallville is a repeat tonight; as for Survivor, I'll just fall back to my usual... it's your TiVo developing good taste.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #774
Fezmid

Quote:
Smallville is a repeat tonight; as for Survivor, I'll just fall back to my usual... it's your TiVo developing good taste.
Oh, great! The guide didn't say it was a repeat so I just assumed it was new. That makes me feel better, thanks. (I personally don't care if it misses Survivor; my wife, on the other hand...)

Looks like the next new Smallville is Dec 13th.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #775
LittleNoodle

This week I am experiencing a little different problem. Last night I was recording Kitchen Nightmares on season pass. 50 minutes into the episode it just stopped recording. Tonight the same thing happened. I was recording Survivor on SP and watching it live also. 10 minutes into the show it just stopped recording.

This is getting very frustrating. I guess I will have to transfer all my SP's to the HR20 even though I prefer the TiVo interface.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #776
Francesco
Summum Pontificem

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona
Missed Survivor again tonight.

ETA: DSR6000R, 200GB and CacheCard, and I just checked: "Uptime -- 52d 21h 39m 31s" Guess I'll reboot tonight.

Last edited by Francesco : 12-06-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #777
gshumaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
Missed Survivor again tonight.
Mine too!!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #778
John T Smith

First loss (that I know of) that was not caused by power outage or bad weather

Bedroom Samsung SIR-S4120R with 6.3e-01-2-381 did not record Survivor

Main room RCA DVR80 with 6.3e-01-2-121 did not record wife's Oprah (this one COULD have been due to "old" shows being rerun... next week says 1st run for shows that won't record, but have old dates)

I don't know if this is the DTivo having a (software?) problem or if it's bad guide data... but really the PITS to have to check to see if a season pass program is actually going to be recorded

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #779
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T Smith View Post
I don't know if this is the DTivo having a (software?) problem or if it's bad guide data... but really the PITS to have to check to see if a season pass program is actually going to be recorded
If you're so upset, why don't you set the Season Pass to record "all with duplicates"?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:05 AM   #780
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T Smith View Post
First loss (that I know of) that was not caused by power outage or bad weather

Bedroom Samsung SIR-S4120R with 6.3e-01-2-381 did not record Survivor

Main room RCA DVR80 with 6.3e-01-2-121 did not record wife's Oprah (this one COULD have been due to "old" shows being rerun... next week says 1st run for shows that won't record, but have old dates)

With alot of the problems being centered on Survivor, it really sounds as if it is bad guide data somehow. I would change your Survivor season pass to a manual recording. I had to do the same thing with Law & Order: CI.