TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #721
toddeades

I'm now having the problem where hardly nothing is going to record....my To Do list is basically blank....I know stuff should be recording so I"m able to manually add them but what a pain.

I'm running software version 6.2a-01-2-351

From this 24 page post I'm guessing there is not a fix and DirecTv is not very helpful. Is this correct? What are you going to get past this? Just manually recording stuff?

In my 5 years of using a Tivo I've never had this problem and not very happy about it.....
Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #722
toddeades

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddeades
I'm now having the problem where hardly nothing is going to record....my To Do list is basically blank....I know stuff should be recording so I"m able to manually add them but what a pain.

I'm running software version 6.2a-01-2-351

From this 24 page post I'm guessing there is not a fix and DirecTv is not very helpful. Is this correct? What are you going to get past this? Just manually recording stuff?

In my 5 years of using a Tivo I've never had this problem and not very happy about it.....
Well I figured out that if I just reorder one item in the Season Pass Manager it sets everything back up.....how weird.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #723
lambertman
I'm a man, I'm 40

It has now happened to me - didn't get last night's Boston legal and wasn't going to get Sunday's Amazing Race despite it being #1 priority.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
Old 04-12-2007, 06:13 AM   #724
tward_biteme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertman
It has now happened to me - didn't get last night's Boston legal and wasn't going to get Sunday's Amazing Race despite it being #1 priority.
One of my two zippered DTivos wasn't going to record Boston Legal. But it is not the same problem.

The history stated that it was removed from the Guide. When looking into it, it was first scheduled for 10pm, then was changed to 10:01pm, but only one of my two DTivos picked up the 10:01 change in the season pass...
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #725
lambertman
I'm a man, I'm 40

Okay, good to know. I'll place my freakout on pause.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #726
cmeinck

Happened to me tonight. 2 TiVos missed Survivor: FIJI.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #727
hyde76

Me too. both tivos, Survivor and Ugly Betty.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #728
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

I have a couple theories on this issue for those of you with Zippered DTiVos:

#1) Issue with Season Pass management through TiVoWebPlus

I was having a similar problem with recordings not happening for a little while and noticed that after making changes through TWP, the TWP Season Pass manager claimed that my Season Pass database was corrupt. The only way I was able to get things back to normal was to make a Season Pass change on the TiVo itself.
Are any of you using TiVoWebPlus to manage your Season Passes and seeing this problem?

#2 EndPad conflicts
I've noticed that TiVo can get confused when a show starts at 1 - 3 minutes past the hour. NBC is notorious for starting ER at 9:01 and Fox for running shows 1-3 minutes over. I have no insight to the logic inside of EndPad, so my apologies to the developers if this isn't what is going on.

My theory goes like this. EndPad continually looks at the ToDo list to see if there are changes that would allow or prevent the padding. Let's take this situation:

-TiVo is Zippered and configured to run EndPad with a 3 minute before and after pad.

-TiVo is scheduled to record two shows:
Show 1: 8:00p - 9:00p
Show 2: 8:00p - 9:00p

-The next two recordings are scheduled for:
Show 3: 9:00p - 10:00p
Show 4: 9:01p - 10:00p

-At (or about) 8:56p EndPad runs to see if there is anything recording so it can start recording Show 3 on a tuner at 9:00p 3 minutes early.
Tuner A is recording Show 1, so EndPad can't start early there
Tuner B is recording Show 2, so EndPad can't start early there

-At (or about) 8:57p EndPad runs to see if there is anything recording so it can start recording Show 4 on Tuner B at 9:01p 3 minutes early.
Tuner A is recording Show 1, so EndPad can't start early there
Tuner B is recording Show 2, so EndPad can't start early there

-At (or about) 8:59p EndPad runs to see if there is a conflict at 9:00p on Tuner A or B so it can determine whether or not to extend the recording on either tuner by 3 minutes.
Tuner A is scheduled to record Show 3 at 9:00p, don't extend Show 1
Tuner B is not scheduled to record at 9:00p, extend Show 1 by 3 minutes

-At (or about) 9:00p the TiVo attempts to record Show 3 scheduled at 9:00p.
Tuner B is busy recording the extended Show 2, can't start the job here
Tuner A is free, so it gets the job
Tuner A switches channel and starts recording Show 3

-At (or about) 9:01p the TiVo attempts to record Show 4 scheduled at 9:01p.
Tuner A is busy recording Show 3, can't start the job here
Tuner B is busy recording the extended Show 2, can't start the job here
Tuner C doesn't exist!!!!
Abort, Retry, Fail with cryptic, nonsensical message about the Season Pass?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #729
hyde76

Good theory but neither Tivo that missed Survivor was zippered. They were both stock and survivor was the number 1 season pass. Interestingly, the only tivo that picked up Ugly Betty was the zippered unit.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #730
John T Smith

My totally stock unit recorded Survivor as planned

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Old 05-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #731
JSFord

Having this issue on my 10-250 totally stock.

WTF I am missing lots of stuff the last 2 weeks this sucks.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #732
Markman07

It happened on my Zipper HR10-250 this Wednesday (LOST) for the first time ever. Owned it for what 18 months now. Even when all hell was breaking loose earlier this year none of my Tivos had this issue including my one HR10-250.

Inventory to Follow....

1 HR10-250 (Zippered - Thanks Gunny)
2 Directivo Series 2 (Zippered - Hey Gunny...Thanks)
1 HR20 - Like it but locks up too much)
Score Tivo 3 - Other HD DVR 1
Old 05-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #733
JimSpence
Just hangin'

This problem has come back in the HDTiVo forum.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #734
cmeinck

This has happened to me the last two weeks of Pirate Master. The show is awful, but I'm still annoyed my TiVo will not do it's job.

-Chris
Old 06-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #735
TWood

Noticed that Pirate Master was not in the To Do List for tonight. Checked the Guide, and a new episode is scheduled. Went to Season Pass Manager, then to my Pirate Master season pass, and checked View Upcoming Episodes. Tonights episode is not listed. Not even as a re-run. Went back to the Guide, selected tonight's episode and selected Season Pass options. Told it to record this episode also. The To Do list now shows it, but View Upcoming Episodes still doesn't.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #736
newsposter
Poster of News

promised my wife i'd ask you guys this even though I'm pretty sure it just needs to reindex

6.3d

today she noticed almost nothing on the todo list. we have suggestions turned on and it's always full, today getting down to just 35 suggestions, we normally have 70-100. The stuff had the ever popular modified pass message in history

As Jim would have said..Reboot!

Rebooted, she went down to the 2nd page of the todo list and she went to one of her programs to see the details then she tried to scroll down within the program, to the next program...no go…tried to go back out, and got the following error

An internal error occurred, an error occurred while getting data for the selected program..error code update data failed after surf

Said press select to continue and now it works fine. But all the stuff that should be upcoming still says modified the SP.

i told her if we wait, i bet the thing will reindex and all the stuff (it's at least 10 plus pages) will show up again after tivo starts talking to itself again).

so am i right or do we have to go to the guide and record it all manually? Also note that when you hit view upcoming from a Season pass, it shows no eps at all, even for which shows are on brand new on a daily basis.

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #737
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Thanks for the shout out. I agree that your TiVo is reindexing the data. Until that is done it can't fill in the season passes or wishlists. You may have to manually select the shows until it completes. Sometimes a simple reordering of the season passes can force it to recompute the dependencies.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #738
newsposter
Poster of News

happy to report that tonight we are back up to about 25+ pages on todo list

reboots DO work wonders!

It's still weird that some shows are correctly set up to record in the list yet at the bottom also said none are recording,but if you hit the ones that aren't recording, and view upcoming, they are recording. But i'm sure that will be gone by tomorrow.

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #739
p26963

I was hit by the bug tonight. It seems as though Big Brother 8 and America's Got Talent aren't recording even though they are season passed. I even removed one of the season passes and re-added to no avail. Will the re-index fix or will it just eventually "heal" itself and resolve on its own? I did a reset of the DTivo box to no avail. Any other suggestions other than manually recording the shows?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #740
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Yup, it's baaaack, only on my HR10 though.

Didn't record Saving Grace because "someone modified the SP"
Upcoming episodes only showed TNT airings, no TNTHD airings.
Set a manual record for the next replay on TNTHD, then rebooted.

TNTHD is still showing in the channels I receive, and I can watch it,
but it seems to be missing from the database TiVo uses to find shows to record.

It's also having a problem with The Company this weekend, again no TNTHD airings.

Set manual recordings for those as well.

I'll give it a day to see if the reboot and subsequent reindexing of the database fixes anything.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #741
p26963

Everything seems fine now. I looked at the index and it was newer than the one that was done yesterday. I seems all the shows are back on the to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p26963
I was hit by the bug tonight. It seems as though Big Brother 8 and America's Got Talent aren't recording even though they are season passed. I even removed one of the season passes and re-added to no avail. Will the re-index fix or will it just eventually "heal" itself and resolve on its own? I did a reset of the DTivo box to no avail. Any other suggestions other than manually recording the shows?

Old 09-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #742
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
I *think* this is the problem we're having.

We went out of town for 2 weeks. Came back and found out that the TiVo had recorded NOTHING for the past week. Went to To Do list and it insisted there was not a single episode of anything we have a Season Pass (or Wishlist) set for coming up!! I set it to record the finale of Kyle XY (by finding it in 'View Upcoming' and selecting 'Record') and it promptly showed up in the To Do list, but there's nothing else. We can see guide data just fine, though!

Our DTiVo hasn't phoned home in nearly six months because some idiot electronics guys forgot to plug it in when they set up our equipment (no, it wasn't my choice to let someone else set up my equipment) and the DTiVo was in a heavy piece of furniture so we put it off. It's making the call right now, but I don't think there's anything relevant in the phone call.

Honestly, it's like there was a week-long power outtage at our house, but I know that's not the case!

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #743
danmcd

Reordering flub-up is back!

I've a Series 1 (SAT-T60) with my software frozen (for now) at 3.5b (current is 3.5c, and I don't have time to copykern/killinitrd until next week at the earliest).

I'm seeing many of my season passes missing the premier dates. I don't know if this is D* or TiVo (probably D*), but I'm trying the reorder-season-pass hack some of you Series 2 folks have suggested.

And of course I'm out of town early this week so in-house tech-support is out with me!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #744
Rottluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcd
I've a Series 1 (SAT-T60) with my software frozen (for now) at 3.5b (current is 3.5c, and I don't have time to copykern/killinitrd until next week at the earliest).

I'm seeing many of my season passes missing the premier dates. I don't know if this is D* or TiVo (probably D*), but I'm trying the reorder-season-pass hack some of you Series 2 folks have suggested.

And of course I'm out of town early this week so in-house tech-support is out with me!
Weird. I have 2 SAT-T60's and they both have 3.5c and neither have any problems that I can see.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #745
mitchb2

Oh no! It's back. I checked to see why SNL didn't record, and there it was. The old "Someone in your household..." garbage.

Probably time to dump Tivo, switch to cable, and just go with their DVR.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #746
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchb2 View Post
Oh no! It's back. I checked to see why SNL didn't record, and there it was. The old "Someone in your household..." garbage.

Yeah, cause that one will be more reliable!

Do what you want, but don't expect perfection either.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #747
Phantom Gremlin

SNL was a repeat of the Brian Williams show of just a few weeks ago. So you didn't miss much.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #748
rbtravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Yeah, cause that one will be more reliable!

Do what you want, but don't expect perfection either.
It isn't your TiVo it's the Screen Writer's Guild strike. That is why it wasn't recorded. All live shows are in reruns due to the strike.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #749
Rottluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchb2 View Post

It was a re-run, as others have said. And expect a lot more of your favorite shows to not show up in the near future. That writer's strike is gonne f**k up the fall/winter programming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtravis View Post
It isn't your TiVo it's the Screen Writer's Guild strike. That is why it wasn't recorded. All live shows are in reruns due to the strike.
What he said.
All you have to do to confirm that is watch Leno, Letterman, Conan, etc....they are digging deep in the archives for some of this crap. Leno ran one with Brittney Spears last week that was done before she was married, before she had kids, etc.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #750
jaypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottluver View Post
It was a re-run, as others have said. And expect a lot more of your favorite shows to not show up in the near future. That writer's strike is gonne f**k up the fall/winter programming.

What he said.
All you have to do to confirm that is watch Leno, Letterman, Conan, etc....they are digging deep in the archives for some of this crap. Leno ran one with Brittney Spears last week that was done before she was married, before she had kids, etc.
I respectfully disagreed...at WRT Leno and Conan. Other than the one episode you mention about with Spears, I don't recall seeing ONE re-run of those 2 programs that WASN'T from the last 4-6 months. Some of those Conan's I've seen 6-8 times since they originally aired....especially because his 3:05 replay is a rerun of the previous week/same day's show.

I'm not sure how hard it is for the powers that be at both shows to pick/choose episodes from prior years...but man, someone sure is pretty lazy to just keep re-airing the same episodes over and over.....

{Edit: I've been Tivo'ing both shows for the better part of 12 months....so I have a pretty good gauge on what I've seen over...and over....and over..... }