TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV Receiver with TiVo
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #451
CJLinst

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca
Can you imagine the fallout for DirecTV if that happened? It's almost like we all see this big train bearing down on them that they haven't gotten out of the way of yet.
Unless something changes soon, DirecTV's support is going to be overwhelmed on Sunday night and Monday morning when '24' doesn't record.

No 'if' about it....

As an aside, I've been administering Unix machines of several varieties going on 20 years now. They simply do not like a full /var filesystem. Nothing works right when that happens. If they've got a log file going crazy, as has been pretty well documented, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that it's at least part of the problem.

Seems like it'd be trivial to push a new syslog.conf for the time being. That's what I'd do.

Believe it nor not, My HR10-250 is not hacked. I deal with it enough at work.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #452
mitchb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Joy Jr
DirecTV has until the 27th to fix or I am pulling the plug and the DirecTiVo's go up on E-Bay...

Win
Make sure you disclose the fact that the units you're selling are worthless doorstops.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #453
Carlucci
Hiding The Decline

I had the problem, and before I read this thread I did one and only one thing:

I deleted every season pass that I had for shows which no longer exist.

Once I did that, the problem persisted. I didn't force a reboot or a daily call, but soon after (I'm guessing after the next indexing), the problem went away and so far hasn't come back in more than a week.

Maybe it's a clue. Probably it's nothing.

Assuming the problem IS going to come back, when should I expect it to be "reinfected"?

Edit: Well, I jinxed myself. My wife just called to report that the problem is back for her stories and The Office and My name is Earl for tonight, and god only knows what for the weeks to come.

Last edited by Carlucci : 01-11-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #454
shadoh

Drop in the bucket

Well, there's probably no point, as I'm number fourhundred-something to post, but I just wanted to add in that I am also having this problem (duh, right?) I have one series1 and one series2 DTiVos and they've both had the problem. I hadn't noticed it until last week, since I've had nothing but repeats recording. When I checked my ToDo list last week to see what was coming up, I saw a few new programs recording this week (ER, Smallville, Battlestar...). Then I checked a few nights later and they were gone. Forcing a call eventually "fixes" it temporarily.

I called DTV today just to add one more to the count of complaints. She didn't tell me anything people here have not already reported. Actually, the tier1 person seemed astonished when I said ".. hundreds of people on online forums are complaining...". The tier2 person said what everyone here has already reported: "We're aware of the problem... working on it... no ETA yet... try deleting/re-adding your SPs...." blah blah blah.

I'm going out of town for 6 days and I'm going to die if I come back and find I've missed my precious Battlestar (and others)... Guess I'll do a manual recording for those I simply cannot miss.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #455
kicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T Smith
Over in one of the other threads about this I said it is time for everyone to start writing letters to news organizations to bring this matter to the public's attention (or, at least the part of the public with a DTivo but no knowledge of this forum)

So far, I have written to...
email 1/10 to cnn
email 1/10 to skynews
email 1/10 to Cavuto @ Foxnews (business reports)

If you can think of any other news outlets... find an address and send a note

Good for you. I have been experiencing this problem with both my tivo's since just before Xmas. After finding and reading through this site, I warned all my friends who have now discovered they have the same issue. Last week I sent an email to a great consumerist advocate website that I cannot name here. To date, though, they have not posted my complaint on their site.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #456
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
So far I've not had this recur since one of my three HR10-250's experienced the problem back around 1/4.

At the time I noticed the log file problem and modified syslog.conf to just dispose of those log entries rather than write them anywhere. I was also wanting to just not have the disk activity from that error as much as not wanting the file to grow. Two nights ago I also restored the ability to do the daily call which had been pretty much wiped out when I Zippered my previously manually hacked units. (The ultimate culprit was ncidd interfering with it.) I didn't like that the log files of anonymous viewing data and internal errors meant to be sent to TiVo also keep growing. I haven't killed fakecall yet, but will get around to it soon.

I'm still watching over it a few times a day.

(Knock on wood.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #457
John T Smith

I know absolutely NOTHING about Linux, so have not even looked at the Underground to find out how to "hack" my DTivo boxes... but I may just have to do some reading, if DirecTv doesn't get this fixed soon

My HR10-250 in the new theater room has no season passes, only individual movie recordings, so has had not problems that I know of... but, since I only turn the projector on when we are going to watch a movie, or when I am setting an individual recording for some future date, I have no idea if it has been restarting when I wasn't checking

My 3 other DTivo boxes all have several SP settings, and have had problems with SP's not working and/or the random restarts

Right now, I am doing a forced restart every 2-3 days to clear out the log file (which I can't see, since my boxes are stock, but presume are filling up like other reports) and haven't lost anything since I became aware of the problem... but it is a PITA to have to do this!

I may never get around to hacking the boxes, since we continue to move in to our new house and I just don't have time or energy to learn even the rudiments of Linux... but at least I know, with the help of this forum, how to do temporary fixes until DirecTv issues a final fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #458
CJLinst

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T Smith
Right now, I am doing a forced restart every 2-3 days to clear out the log file (which I can't see, since my boxes are stock, but presume are filling up like other reports) and haven't lost anything since I became aware of the problem... but it is a PITA to have to do this!

I may never get around to hacking the boxes, since we continue to move in to our new house and I just don't have time or energy to learn even the rudiments of Linux... but at least I know, with the help of this forum, how to do temporary fixes until DirecTv issues a final fix
Last night I cleared the guide and to do list. Before I read this thread, I didn't realize I needed to wait after a restart for the reindexing to complete so I thought it wasn't working and decided to use a bigger hammer.

This morning it is behaving in what appears to be a normal manner. I'll certainly hear about it if it doesn't record today's shows.

From now on I will just force a restart every night before bed. Hopefully that will keep us in programming until this problem is fixed.

I have resisted hacking the HR10 both because I don't want to mess with it and I don't want to deal with it if I call D* with a problem. Considering the nearly-orphaned status and these problems, I am reconsidering that decision.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #459
Wekiva

I haven't read this entire thread so sorry if this is old news...but I called DTV last night on this issue and spoke rather candidly with a tier 2 person. She was very nice and told me what she and a few of her coworkers had done which seems to have fixed their problem...they deleted their season passes AND their wish lists. Apparently it was their opinion that simply deleting the season passes and not the which lists only resolved the problem for a while. She was going on 3 weeks without issue. She had sent reports of this numurous times up the ladder but hadn't seen it announced officailly to the tech people. So I dumped SP and WL last night and unplugged for 10 minutes. I input the most important SP and WL late last night and anxiously await the results.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #460
John T Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wekiva
I dumped SP and WL last night and unplugged for 10 minutes. I input the most important SP and WL late last night and anxiously await the results.
If the majority of the posts on this forum are any indication... and the possible problem cause is correct... you will have problems again, just as soon as your error log fills up again and the show indexing stops working... which is cleared by a restart (deletes the error log, and reindexes the show data)

Technical Linux discussion of problem
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=332340
And a fix by turning off the syslog
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post4752187

Old 01-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #461
ScottP461

Early Warning?!

I have 2 HR10's and a HDVR2 and all have been having similar problems as discussed here. Some of you mention that indexing fails and then guide data becomes corrupted. I've noticed that the first thing to fail, before indexing does, is that the nightly download of program data fails. My machines have been locking up rather than rebooting. After a unplugged reboot, they work for 2 to 3 days before they fail again.

I just did a clear program guide data and clear to do list on my HR-10 that has received the 6.3b upgrade because it was dropping scheduled season pass recordings a day before the program and seemed to be experiencing worsening corruption of the guide data from day to day than the other 2 machines. I didn't realize that doing this would clear all wishlists and some of the season passes (the ones that didn't currently have a show in the now playing list). The season passes that remained didn't work, however, since they all said there were no upcoming episodes when there were. The result was that I had to start from scratch with all new season passes. I hope that it will behave itself now, but from what I've read here, I'm not holding my breath!!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #462
mfeinstein

Here is what is still working for me

I wouldn't recommend deleting all your season passes and then re-entering them. Seems like too much work.

I have been doing the following for the past 10 days, with no problem:

- I force a call to the DVR service 2x per day. This seems to cause the Guide data to be reindexed frequently. It has the side benefit of getting me more current Guide data. Left to its own, my HR10-250 seems to only want to call every 10 days or so.
- I go through the Recording History to make sure that no future recordings are marked 'Won't record' because of the famed 'someone in your house changed the Season's Pass" problem. Since I have been forcing the daily calls, I have not seen this problem with my Season's Passes (we don't use Wishlists).
- I then go through the To Do List and modify every single program that is set to record on a Season's Pass (not necessary for single recordings or Manual Season's Passes). All you have to do is go to the Options screen and say to Record with these Options (not need to change anything). This will change the icon in the To Do List from a double checkmark to a single checkmark.

After doing this regularly, I have not had any recordings skipped. It's a pain, but we don't miss our shows.

My only contact with DirecTV's support was a complete waste of time.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #463
Rae

This debate about the phone line being plugged in or not has me confused....I was under the impression that it HAD to be plugged in to work properly?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #464
bleezin

Service upgrade issues

I've been following the advice in this forum since we started noticing the SP issues over the weekend with my HR10-250.

I tried the restart which did not fix the problem so decided to initiate a call which actually downloaded a service update. Checked the status of the call and it stated "service update: pending". Thinking this may fix the problem I restarted the directv box at 5:30pm yesterday.

The restart displayed text on the screen that the service update was being installed then it got to the "Almost there, just a few minutes more..." screen where it stayed until I rebooted again at 11:00 pm. This reboot made no mention of the service update (already installed) but again stayed on the "Almost there" screen. Checked at 7:00 am this morning and no changed so decided to call customer support.

After explaining the situation they put me on hold for a bit and when she came back she said her supervisor says that the box needs to reindex and go through all the season passes so expect it to stay at this screen for up to 3 days! But she said that she could download something to the box that would cause this to only take up to 24 hours.

I'm a little skeptical that this should be the case. 3 days to sort everything out in which I cannot use the receiver at all. Has anyone else seen this or heard a similar statement?

Last edited by bleezin : 01-11-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: error in text
Old 01-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #465
donby

All I've done to get things to "work" is force the daily call for program guide data. I noticed that even though programs showed up in the guide the season pass for it didn't list any future episodes, when there clearly was. I also noticed that the unit was scheduling the daily call out some 10 days. After a couple days without the daily call is when programs start dropping from the to-do list. Once that happens force the daily call and things are back to normal after a half hour or so. When this happens I noticed that searching by title doesn't work either.

I talked to Dtv support about this about four hours ago, and was told they did not know about the daily call trick. Hopefully they'll figure out what happens to the program data such only the guide can get to it after a couple of days without a refresh. And while they are at it figure out why the daily call is no longer being scheduled on a daily basis.

The nice thing is that you can select make daily call now and go watch something while it's doing the call in the background, unlike spending the time to delete your season passes and recreate them, or do a system reset.

Hope this takes some of the frustration out.
Once I figured this out it helped me.

Don
Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #466
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleezin
I've been following the advice in this forum since we started noticing the SP issues over the weekend with my HR10-250.

I tried the restart which did not fix the problem so decided to initiate a call which actually downloaded a service update. Checked the status of the call and it stated "service update: pending". Thinking this may fix the problem I restarted the directv box at 5:30pm yesterday.

The restart displayed text on the screen that the service update was being installed then it got to the "Almost there, just a few minutes more..." screen where it stayed until I rebooted again at 11:00 pm. This reboot made no mention of the service update (already installed) but again stayed on the "Almost there" screen. Checked at 7:00 am this morning and no changed so decided to call customer support.

After explaining the situation they put me on hold for a bit and when she came back she said her supervisor says that the box needs to reindex and go through all the season passes so expect it to stay at this screen for up to 3 days! But she said that she could download something to the box that would cause this to only take up to 24 hours.

I'm a little skeptical that this should be the case. 3 days to sort everything out in which I cannot use the receiver at all. Has anyone else seen this or heard a similar statement?
No way -- typical CSR BS, unfortunately. There's something else wrong with your system. The only screen it might've taken an extraordinary amount of time at was the one where it says it's installing a service update; if that hasn't completed within an hour, something's wrong. If any other screen appears and locks there for more than 5 or 8 minutes (and even that is much longer than it normally would ever take), something's wrong.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #467
goony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae
This debate about the phone line being plugged in or not has me confused....I was under the impression that it HAD to be plugged in to work properly?
For a DirecTivo the phone line needs to be there for the initial setup, but not afterwards. DirecTV will insist is has to be there, but it will work without it as long as you don't order PPVs via your remote control - use the website instead.

After a month or so you will get a once-per-day nag message about it not phoning home; you can ignore/delete the message.

There are a number of people here that have not had DTivos connected to a phone line for well over a year with no problems.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #468
llurgy
Yorkshire Lass

I have just had a totally fruitless and very aggravating conversation with a CSR from DirecTV!
They phoned me in relation to my email about the reboot/lost recording issue.

In my email I refer to the threads in this forum....not directly.

She said that people on here didn't know what they were talking about and that if I wanted my true service back and I had done everything else then I would have to reset and reformat everything. I said that I was not prepared to do that, she said that my only other option was to have one of Directv's DVRs and I said 'Not likely as they are full of bugs'....she then entered into a pi**ing contest with me and said that doing a reset or swapping my tivo for their DVR was the only way to get a working DVR.
She stated that it was Tivo's problem not theirs and they were not going to do anything about the problem. I asked her to repeat this and warned her that I was going to state what she said on this forum and she repeated that it was tivo's problem, they (directv) do not support the Directivos anymore.
I stated that it was known that some people had been told by Directv CSR's that the problem was known of and that Directv was working on it to find a solution. The lady refuted this and said No, they were not working on a solution.
She re-iterated at the end of the conversation to say that the only thing they were willing to do was swap out my Tivo-DVR for one of theirs or go get a stand-alone Tivo.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #469
spanishannouncetable
This space for rent

Location: Mount Airy, NC (better known as Mayberry - yes, THAT Mayberry)
This thread is giving me a headache. Too many people are reporting the same problems, then asking the same questions over and over when a thorough read-thru of the thread answers pretty much everything. Lets break it down :

PROBLEM - Directv has done something stupid to the guide data, creating error messages that fill up /var on the hard drive. This in turn causes indexed guide data to become corrupted and cancel Season Pass & Wishlist recordings while leaving one-shot and manual recordings alone.

What can be done about this, you ask ?

SOLUTION - Directv sends us all a patch that permanently fixes it. Someday. Until then -

DO NOT remove your Season Passes or Wishlists, clear the guide and to do lists, or Clear and Delete everything. None of this will fix the problem and Directv should stop lying to people claiming it might help. It won't and could even create new problems. Instead, try this -

SIMPLE WORKAROUND FIX - Restart the recorder from the menu AND force a call to the "DVR service" at least once every 2 days. Do these things back-to-back (say, before you go to bed) and don't let it slip your mind.

My own experience (I have a DSR6000 & a Samsung 8080, plus a Hughes that has no SP's and has no problems - yet) has shown that after performing these 2 simple tasks, indexing begins in about 30 minutes and all SP and WL recordings are restored (if necessary) in about 2 hours - YMMV, but I bet not by much. My DTiVos have been fine for at least 3 days after I do this so I suggest every 2 days just to be safe.

And feel free to call Directv level 2 tech support as often as you like. Be pleasant (no profanity) but let them know we are not amused and will not tolerate it much longer.

Last edited by spanishannouncetable : 01-11-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #470
Tamika24

My chat with DirecTV CSR

I had two spontaneous re-boots this week, and after the most recent one this evening, noticed that my wishlists were not working anymore. Season passes and "search by title" are still fine and the "To Do" list seems to be functioning properly. I called DirecTV customer support, went through the re-boot process with a regular rep, no change. He then transferred me to the "Tivo support group at DirecTV" and I talked with someone who actually sounded competent and knowledgeable. Says this is a known problem, and he cautioned me to watch my Season Passes and To-Do lists closely as they might develop bugs as well (I had not seen this thread yet, so I had no idea about any of this, so I appreciate his warning). He said DirecTV is working on a fix and they anticipate it will be finished in 7-8 days. Frankly, this problem has apparently been around so long that I kind of doubt it, but I thought I would pass along what this man said.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #471
starbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by llurgy
I have just had a totally fruitless and very aggravating conversation with a CSR from DirecTV!
They phoned me in relation to my email about the reboot/lost recording issue.

In my email I refer to the threads in this forum....not directly.

She said that people on here didn't know what they were talking about and that if I wanted my true service back and I had done everything else then I would have to reset and reformat everything. I said that I was not prepared to do that, she said that my only other option was to have one of Directv's DVRs and I said 'Not likely as they are full of bugs'....she then entered into a pi**ing contest with me and said that doing a reset or swapping my tivo for their DVR was the only way to get a working DVR.
She stated that it was Tivo's problem not theirs and they were not going to do anything about the problem.
I sure hope the TiVo engineers are looking into this (officially or unofficially) because I have no confidence in DTV at this point.

If I was TiVo, I'd consider seeking legal action to stop DTV from releasing false information that is damaging to TiVo Inc.

If I could pay an EXTRA $5 per month and get REAL TiVo support directly from TiVo and receive new software features from TiVo, I would so do it in a flash. But that's not possible.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #472
stretchpants

Status of HD units?

Does anybody know if the newer HI-DEF TiVOs from weak knees are affected by this bug?

After years of dependable service, it is downright weird not being able to trust my current TiVO.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #473
John T Smith

That would be the HR10-250 which is discussed at...
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=36

Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #474
cara

I just got off the phone with direct tv. A month ago I thought people were being silly about a conspiracy now I think it's true. THERE IS A CONSPIRACY. I was unaware that direct tv was not getting along tivo. I have three HR10-250sa. I paid about 400 dollars a piece. If forced I will switch to dish so I can stick with tivo. I feel tivo needs to step up and make direct tv fix the problem asap. I am no computer expert but a problem like should not take months to take care of. The customer service at direct acted like they were having trouble working with tivo to take care of the problem. He did say during the conversation that I could get their dvr, even though at the start of the conversation I told him I was an avid tivo customer. I think direct tv is not meeting their obligation to their customers. I only choose direct over dish because I felt it was more compadable with tivo. Like I said, tivo needs to step up.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #475
goony

Quote:
Originally Posted by llurgy
She said that people on here didn't know what they were talking about and that if I wanted my true service back and I had done everything else then I would have to reset and reformat everything.
I'd want to ask her what DirecTV would do for you (in terms of rebated fees, free programming, etc.) if you did exactly what she described and it did not fix the problem. I guess by giving out this placebo advice they think they are going to keep customers happy. I would be livid p1$$ed if I was told to wipe my box back to factory settings and still had the issue... i.e. Now where is that phone number for Dish and/or my local cableco...

Yeah, I know it's "only TV" but if we were not interested in watching a lot of this stuff that we record we would not have bothered recording it in the first place.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #476
colekeefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony
I'd want to ask her what DirecTV would do for you (in terms of rebated fees, free programming, etc.) if you did exactly what she described and it did not fix the problem. I guess by giving out this placebo advice they think they are going to keep customers happy. I would be livid p1$$ed if I was told to wipe my box back to factory settings and still had the issue... i.e. Now where is that phone number for Dish and/or my local cableco...

Yeah, I know it's "only TV" but if we were not interested in watching a lot of this stuff that we record we would not have bothered recording it in the first place.

Having same problem as everyone else with the SP/WL. I talked to person 1, then second person before getting a "Tivo specialist". She said they know about the problem and have no eta. I have the HD package which makes my R10 free, but she went ahead and gave me $20 off every month for the next 6 months starting tonight. I would rather have the SP working instead of the money. All the new seasons have just started. Now I am having my mom send me back the Tivo I gave her that goes straight through Tivo itself. Hopefully that won't have problems.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #477
llurgy
Yorkshire Lass

I wrote a complaint letter to Directv....not only about the actual receiver problem, I also included a complaint about the attitude of the rep on the phone tonight. She phone me and she was spoiling for a fight. In no uncertain terms it boiled down to,

Reset >>>> If that doesn't work get a Directv DVR>>>> Directv has no responsibility to correct the problem >>>> They have no intention of working with Tivo to correct the problem>>>>>>And NO, There is no fix in the works.
My DVR fee that is paid every month means nothing to them.
If they dont get the Tivo receivers worked out then I shall go over to Dish network because they have a good few years on the maturity of their homebranded DVR's, versus Directv which is still in its infancy.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #478
NFLnut
This Space For Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchpants
Does anybody know if the newer HI-DEF TiVOs from weak knees are affected by this bug?

After years of dependable service, it is downright weird not being able to trust my current TiVO.

I don't know about the Weaknees TiVos, but as a NOT proud owner of the HR20 (newest non-TiVo HD DVR) I can say that D* needs to admit total failure in designing their own DVRs! The R15 is STILL not right after more than a year, and the HR20 is a boat anchor with more bugs to kill than Orkin!

As a 12 year formerly satisfied customer of DirecTV, I am looking seriously at my alternatives. Their attention is solidly AWAY from customer satisfaction and content (which used to be their strength) and is totally focussed on their failed vision that they are actually competent enough to design, build, and support their own DVRs!

With the highly unreliable HR20, I at least had the two old reliable SD-DTivos to fall back on. Now, with this Guide data debacle I can't even rely on THEM, and it's once again a failure of DirecTV! What is REALLY dismaying is that I came here to the TCF to see if anyone else has reported similar, only to find that this problem goes back almost a month!!
(1) DirecTV Rumblin', Stumblin', and Bumblin' HR20

HTTR!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #479
luckytwn

I had a problem with non recording on the HDTivo tonight. I just got off the phone with DirecTV. Dealt with a Tier 2 tech support person who was basically downright nasty when I disputed her information that it was all Tivo's fault and DirecTV was helpless to do anything (She aggressively said she'd turn my Tivo service off if I was unhappy). That is no way to talk to a customer. Now I know how to handle myself pretty well, I'm a lawyer and I work in the entertainment industry, so while still in control I definitely exercised some strong opinions.

Bottom line as far as I can tell they are being overwhelmed with complaints. The people who answer the phones even on Tier 2 are totally clueless and they are getting upset with dealing with (understandably) upset callers.

The problem does not seem to be affecting my Series 2 Dtivo for some reason (thankfully) so when I missed programs tonight for the first time, they were still there (albeit in SD).

Does anyone know if the SD Tivos are also affected? And from reading it seems like making a daily call will eliminate the problem on my HDTivo? Though of course, I'm not sure how one makes a daily call if one is on vacation or something.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:57 AM   #480
goony

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytwn
Does anyone know if the SD Tivos are also affected?
Yes indeed, the SD DTivo boxes too. You will have to spend some time reading over this and other recent topics for some "home remedies", such as forcing a few dial-ins and then unplugging the phone line. The more season passes you have the more likely you will have the issues.

For those of us that have enhanced our boxes we are able access an internal config file to disable the writing to an error log file (of repeated error messages caused by the bug) thus the disk doesn't fill up with an eventual season pass problem and/or reboot.

Last edited by goony : 01-12-2007 at 01:50 AM.