TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
crabell

11.0b.E2 Software Version on my S3

This morning I noticed my S3 was tuned to the same channel on both tuners, which leads me to belive it had rebooted during the night. (Is there a way to find this out?) I tried to find out if it had rebooted on the System Information page and noticed a "Pending Restart" under Last Status, so I rebooted.

After the reboot I had 11.0b.E2-01-2-648 as my Software Version, is this something new or is this normal?

If it's normal, why would I get a "Pending Restart"?

If it's a new software version, does anyone know what it is all about?
(2) TiVo Mini's with Lifetime

TiVo Fan since 2005

crabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
bkdtv

It's a new software version. See this thread.

TiVo doesn't issue release notes, but in the past on this forum, TiVo mentioned that it was working to (1) address Netflix issues related to temporary loss of Internet connections and (2) eliminate situations where the analog tuners were lost.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
It's a new software version. See this thread.

TiVo doesn't issue release notes, but in the past on this forum, TiVo mentioned that it was working to (1) address Netflix issues related to temporary loss of Internet connections and (2) eliminate situations where the analog tuners were lost.
was there discussion in the forum somewhere of TiVo knowing about manual record of channels with no guide data issue.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
JoeTaxpayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeoTiVo View Post
was there discussion in the forum somewhere of TiVo knowing about manual record of channels with no guide data issue.
I read here (and hope it's true) that 11b will at least permit timed recording of the xx-x channels which I can see now, record when looking at them, but not timed record. I am not expected guild data to load for them even after update.
JoeTaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
jrm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeoTiVo View Post
Yes (I forget where), but I reported it right after 11.0 update. TiVo actually put some runme files on my TiVo to capture the problem, and I had an early release of 11.0b several weeks ago that fixed the problem. I had to delete and re-enter my SP for these channels (clear-QAM on THD without cablecards) but after doing so they all work fine now.
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Pressing the skip-to-tick button in Now Playing will toggle between the top and bottom of the list. Minor convenience .

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
jrm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyts View Post
Pressing the skip-to-tick button in Now Playing will toggle between the top and bottom of the list. Minor convenience .
It always has (at least since 11.0, maybe earlier).
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote