TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #2821
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
No, it doesn't, unless you're using a version from before January 28th.

I'll try to update the documentation.
My shares still show up on the DVRs. The modified date of most of the .py files are dated 4/24/2010. I'll grab the latest copy and test further...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #2822
loganasu
I'm a lurker
 
loganasu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
I guess I should back up and ask you how you installed pyTivo. Hopefully not with the broken, ancient "Windows Installer". That version won't transfer .TiVo files at all. But it might come with tivodecode... I'm not sure. If not, you can get it here, among other places. Remember, you also have to set your tivo_mak in the Server section of pyTivo.conf for tivodecode to work.
I think I may have started with the Windows Installer, but I have replaced the pytivo folder serveral times with different forks.
(I am able to download .TiVo files successfully.)
I have now downloaded the tivodecode files and updated the config file.

It appears to have worked.

Thanks for your assistance. I think you have created/maintaining a great product
loganasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #2823
bschuler2007
Frustrated owner
 
bschuler2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 324
I've noticed a new issue I got after recently updating. Suddenly, I had alot of files with a "-" for a name. Troubleshooting, I got that it was an issue with WMV files. For WMV files, Pytivo seems to be taking the file's properties for Title, etc.. instead of the filename. Is there any easy way to force Pytivo to use the filename and NOT the wmv file properties?

I guess I could remove all the .wmv files titles, etc.. but.. but a simple fix would let me not have to do that to all files in the future.
__________________
I once hit, Find more about.. and got a black screen for 45 minutes.. was I supposed to read a book about it during that time? Is that how that works?
bschuler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #2824
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,966
You could create .txt files for the offending files, which would override the tags inside the WMVs. Otherwise, you could remove or comment out these lines:

Code:
    elif ext in ['.dvr-ms', '.asf', '.wmv']:
        metadata.update(from_dvrms(full_path))
from metadata.py. Personally, I'd prefer to fix the tags in the WMV files.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #2825
bschuler2007
Frustrated owner
 
bschuler2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 324
Thanks for the answer wmcbrine. So far, I deleted the tags. But I will comment out the section for future use. I feel all tags (mp3's included) are rarely used correctly and usually cause more issues then they solve.
The fact that Pytivo reads those tags now though is very interesting.

Anyway, Thanks for maintaining your branch. Pytivo is awe inspiring and awesome, in large part thanks to your work.
__________________
I once hit, Find more about.. and got a black screen for 45 minutes.. was I supposed to read a book about it during that time? Is that how that works?
bschuler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #2826
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
re. pyTivoMetaThis and pytivo.
I first created a default.txt file in the dir. where I have a bunch of episodes of a tv show.
The file conatined an episode id of one of the shows.
I ran pyTivoMetaThis and it created a 'seriesid' file, plus a .txt file with that single episode info:
seriesTitle : The Office (DE)
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 301
vActor : Jochen Busse

So now what?
I started pytivo and go to the push dir. Just the episodes are listed.
Shouldn't the 'seriesid' file be avail. to push too, in order to get Tivo to create the dir?
Sorry, complete noob alert!
Pete
Update:
found this thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...pyTivoMetaThis

Last edited by PeskyPete : 07-05-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: pyTivoMetaThis is the correct program name
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #2827
GregComeLately
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: western suburbia of Chicago
Posts: 113
I give up. This stuff is strictly for programmers or really really smart people or incredibly patient people. Ideally, two of the three.

Just spent three hours trying to make heads or tails from multiple browser tabs I've opened up, each of which contain either wiki pages, forum pages, etc., all of which leave out at least a little bit of some necessary information for setting up pyTivo, which in turns starts another search & tab creation to track down what else is missing.

There really should be an edit of the first post reflecting this reality, particularly for anything pyTivo related.

Sorry, just a little frustrated right now. Not sure if you can tell.
GregComeLately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #2828
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComeLately View Post
I give up. This stuff is strictly for programmers or really really smart people or incredibly patient people. Ideally, two of the three.

Just spent three hours trying to make heads or tails from multiple browser tabs I've opened up, each of which contain either wiki pages, forum pages, etc., all of which leave out at least a little bit of some necessary information for setting up pyTivo, which in turns starts another search & tab creation to track down what else is missing.

There really should be an edit of the first post reflecting this reality, particularly for anything pyTivo related.

Sorry, just a little frustrated right now. Not sure if you can tell.
I'm gonna have to agree with you there!
I got somewhere with pytivometathis, but hit a brick wall and just could not find anything to progress.
The one post I found, explains how to get a couple of files to Tivo, in a directory, but the file names are the same, and I couldn't figure out how to get them to be named properly:

I have 2 mpg's:
The Office S03E01.mpg and The Office S03E02.mpg
I created a default.txt file that contained a line:
#seriesId: EP00726133
(I got the number by following the instructions to find the id of any particular office episode at http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings)


I run pytivometathis from the same dir. and it creates only one file (The Office S03E01.mpg.txt), and a file called "The Office.seriesID"
I'm sure I need to create another file for episode 2, so I tried doing it manually.
Using Pytivo, I push the 2 mpg files and sure enough, Tivo creates a dir called "The Office" but the two mpgs are both called "The Office".

There is no documentation on the sourceforge site for pytivometathis
I know I'm close to doing this, but... no cigar!
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #2829
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComeLately View Post
I give up. This stuff is strictly for programmers or really really smart people or incredibly patient people. Ideally, two of the three.

Just spent three hours trying to make heads or tails from multiple browser tabs I've opened up, each of which contain either wiki pages, forum pages, etc., all of which leave out at least a little bit of some necessary information for setting up pyTivo, which in turns starts another search & tab creation to track down what else is missing.

There really should be an edit of the first post reflecting this reality, particularly for anything pyTivo related.

Sorry, just a little frustrated right now. Not sure if you can tell.
I had a lot of problems with setting up pytivo until I d/l'd the correct version.
Of course, I don't have a link to it anymore!
Once I had that version, it seemed to go pretty smoothly, but not without a few issues.
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #2830
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
Shouldn't the 'seriesid' file be avail. to push too, in order to get Tivo to create the dir?
No, the folder would be created by the first episode pushed. "default.txt" isn't something you push, it's data that attaches to each episode (or more precisely, each video file in the directory). I'm not familiar with the "seriesId" files created by pyTivoMetaThis (this is the first I've heard of them), but they wouldn't be recognized by pyTivo with that name.

BTW, "#" starts a comment line in pyTivo metadata. A line starting with "#" will be ignored. Also, to name each episode, you want "episodeTitle".
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #2831
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Hi and thanks for the info.
I'm still not getting unique episode names though.
I'm getting a Folder "The Office" and two videos, The Office & The Office.
When I 'push' from Pytivo, I select the 2 files (the .txt files are not shown - do they get sent to Tivo in the background?)
The contents of each txt file are as follows...

The Office S03E01.mpg.txt:
seriesTitle : The Office
EpisodeTitle: The Office S03E01
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 301


The Office S03E02.mpg.txt:
seriesTitle : The Office
EpisodeTitle: The Office S03E02
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 302
seriesId: EP00726133

So I can remove the SeriesId line?
But what else is wrong?
I do not have default.txt in this dir anymore, since I am doing this manually.
Pete

I cleaned up the entries:

seriesTitle : The Office
episodeTitle: The Office S03E01
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 301


This now works!!!
Either the seriesId was messing it up, or the commands are case sensitive
Thank you v. much!

Last edited by PeskyPete : 07-06-2010 at 07:36 PM.
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #2832
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Ok, I'm now doing the real Push - 23 files, 18Gig - hope it works....
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #2833
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,966
The keywords are indeed case-sensitive.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #2834
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComeLately View Post
I give up. This stuff is strictly for programmers or really really smart people or incredibly patient people. Ideally, two of the three.

Just spent three hours trying to make heads or tails from multiple browser tabs I've opened up, each of which contain either wiki pages, forum pages, etc., all of which leave out at least a little bit of some necessary information for setting up pyTivo, which in turns starts another search & tab creation to track down what else is missing.

There really should be an edit of the first post reflecting this reality, particularly for anything pyTivo related.

Sorry, just a little frustrated right now. Not sure if you can tell.
What OS are you using?
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #2835
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
I run pytivometathis from the same dir. and it creates only one file (The Office S03E01.mpg.txt), and a file called "The Office.seriesID"
I'm sure I need to create another file for episode 2, so I tried doing it manually.
Using Pytivo, I push the 2 mpg files and sure enough, Tivo creates a dir called "The Office" but the two mpgs are both called "The Office".
Are you using the latest version of pyTivoMetaThis from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytivometathis/

When you run pyTivoMetaThis without specifying anything on the command line, it should process all compatible videos within the current directory. If you specify a filename, then I believe it will only process that one file. And the .seriesID files are there so that pyTivoMetaThis can remember what name to seriesID mappings you choose (say when a series name matches multiple seriesIDs and you interactively choose the proper one.) .seriesID files are not used by pyTivo directly.
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #2836
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Are you using the latest version of pyTivoMetaThis from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytivometathis/

When you run pyTivoMetaThis without specifying anything on the command line, it should process all compatible videos within the current directory. If you specify a filename, then I believe it will only process that one file. And the .seriesID files are there so that pyTivoMetaThis can remember what name to seriesID mappings you choose (say when a series name matches multiple seriesIDs and you interactively choose the proper one.) .seriesID files are not used by pyTivo directly.
FWIW, you can limit what files pyTivoMetaThis reports on by paring down the file extension list. Opening pyTivoMetaThis.py with notepad (or other text editor) and editing the "fileExtList" variable name's values made my install only work on ".mp4" files:

Code:
# Types of files we want to get metadata for
# fileExtList = [".mpg", ".avi", ".ogm", ".mkv", ".mp4", ".mov", ".wmv", ".vob", ".m4v"]
fileExtList = [".mp4"]
("#" indicates a comment line)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #2837
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
What OS are you using?
Win7
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #2838
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
Win7
That question wasn't for you since you have things mostly working.

It was for GregComeLately.
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #2839
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Are you using the latest version of pyTivoMetaThis from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytivometathis/

When you run pyTivoMetaThis without specifying anything on the command line, it should process all compatible videos within the current directory. If you specify a filename, then I believe it will only process that one file. And the .seriesID files are there so that pyTivoMetaThis can remember what name to seriesID mappings you choose (say when a series name matches multiple seriesIDs and you interactively choose the proper one.) .seriesID files are not used by pyTivo directly.
Yes, I am using this ver.
I am just creating my own .txt files for now, so I can at least get all files processed.
I did have some success by doing this:
All 23 files transferred over with Pytivo, but only 1-9 went into a folder.

Here is a txt file for #9:

seriesTitle : The Office Series 3
episodeTitle: The Office S03E09
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 309

and here is the txt file for #10:

seriesTitle : The Office Series 3
episodeTitle: The Office S03E10
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 310

What do I need to do to get this (and 11 to 23) into the directory "The Office Series 3"?

Thanks!
Peter
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #2840
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
When you run pyTivoMetaThis without specifying anything on the command line, it should process all compatible videos within the current directory. If you specify a filename, then I believe it will only process that one file. And the .seriesID files are there so that pyTivoMetaThis can remember what name to seriesID mappings you choose (say when a series name matches multiple seriesIDs and you interactively choose the proper one.) .seriesID files are not used by pyTivo directly.
So I copied pyTivoMetaThis-0.22.py to my working directory, where I have 2 sample vids:
The Office S03E01.mpg & The Office S03E02.mpg

I get the IMDB warning, then the process finishes and it creates:
The Office.seriesID
and
The Office S03E01.mpg.txt

So,
1. I don't get The Office S03E02.mpg.txt created and.
2. The file, The Office S03E01.mpg.txt, does not contain an 'episodeTitle:' entry, which, wmcbrine has mentioned, it needs.
These are the sticking points right now.
Any ideas why these problems occur?
Here is the contents of the The Office S03E01.mpg.txt file:

seriesTitle : The Office (DE)
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 301
vActor : Jochen Busse
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #2841
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
So I copied pyTivoMetaThis-0.22.py to my working directory, where I have 2 sample vids:
The Office S03E01.mpg & The Office S03E02.mpg

I get the IMDB warning, then the process finishes and it creates:
The Office.seriesID
and
The Office S03E01.mpg.txt

So,
1. I don't get The Office S03E02.mpg.txt created and.
2. The file, The Office S03E01.mpg.txt, does not contain an 'episodeTitle:' entry, which, wmcbrine has mentioned, it needs.
These are the sticking points right now.
Any ideas why these problems occur?
Here is the contents of the The Office S03E01.mpg.txt file:

seriesTitle : The Office (DE)
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 301
vActor : Jochen Busse
Seems to me that pyTivoMetaThis is encountering an error parsing information coming back from thetvdb (it's data source for TV series.) Otherwise you'd see a lot more actor info and an episodeTitle.

Run it again with a -dddd switch to print all the debugging information.
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #2842
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Run it again with a -dddd switch to print all the debugging information.
Interesting!
So running pmt (pytivometathis) from an explorer window is one of the issues.
It has to be run from a dos box.
Running from a command line (dos box), I am able to pipe the errors to a report file (pytivometathis-0.22.py -dddd > test.rep)

I now do not get any .txt files generated.
I have a default.txt file with what I think is the correct series ID, since that's one of the choices pmt gave me when I first ran it:
seriesId : 77470

My error report is:
IMDB module could not be loaded. Movie Lookups will be disabled. See http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net

Console Input encoding: cp850
Console Output encoding: ascii
Metadata File Output encoding: UTF-8

Error looking information from thetvdb, no metadata will be retrieved for TV shows.

## Looking for videos in: .
fileList after cull: ['The Office S03E01.mpg', 'The Office S03E02.mpg']

--->working on: The Office S03E01.mpg
Metadir is: .
Metadata service for TV shows is unavailable, skipping this show.

--->working on: The Office S03E02.mpg
Metadir is: .
Metadata service for TV shows is unavailable, skipping this show.
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #2843
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
Interesting!
So running pmt (pytivometathis) from an explorer window is one of the issues.
It has to be run from a dos box.
Running from a command line (dos box), I am able to pipe the errors to a report file (pytivometathis-0.22.py -dddd > test.rep)

I now do not get any .txt files generated.
I have a default.txt file with what I think is the correct series ID, since that's one of the choices pmt gave me when I first ran it:
seriesId : 77470

My error report is:
IMDB module could not be loaded. Movie Lookups will be disabled. See http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net

Console Input encoding: cp850
Console Output encoding: ascii
Metadata File Output encoding: UTF-8

Error looking information from thetvdb, no metadata will be retrieved for TV shows.

## Looking for videos in: .
fileList after cull: ['The Office S03E01.mpg', 'The Office S03E02.mpg']

--->working on: The Office S03E01.mpg
Metadir is: .
Metadata service for TV shows is unavailable, skipping this show.

--->working on: The Office S03E02.mpg
Metadir is: .
Metadata service for TV shows is unavailable, skipping this show.
It looks like when you first attempted to run pyTivoMetaThis, thetvdb was at least partially available because that's where the seriesID comes from. They may have been having problems and didn't return full results.

For your more recent attempts, it looks like thetvdb is completely unavailable.

Without a data source, it can't create any output.

The IMDb error is normal if you didn't install IMDbPY module.

Thetvdb appears to be up right now, though their announcements mention various MySQL database issues they've been having and fixing.
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #2844
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
Yes, I am using this ver.
I am just creating my own .txt files for now, so I can at least get all files processed.
I did have some success by doing this:
All 23 files transferred over with Pytivo, but only 1-9 went into a folder.

Here is a txt file for #9:

seriesTitle : The Office Series 3
episodeTitle: The Office S03E09
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 309

and here is the txt file for #10:

seriesTitle : The Office Series 3
episodeTitle: The Office S03E10
isEpisode : true
episodeNumber : 310

What do I need to do to get this (and 11 to 23) into the directory "The Office Series 3"?

Thanks!
Peter
Anyone have any insight of why 10-23 didn't get put in the directory?
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #2845
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Are you using the latest version of pyTivoMetaThis from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytivometathis/

When you run pyTivoMetaThis without specifying anything on the command line, it should process all compatible videos within the current directory. If you specify a filename, then I believe it will only process that one file. And the .seriesID files are there so that pyTivoMetaThis can remember what name to seriesID mappings you choose (say when a series name matches multiple seriesIDs and you interactively choose the proper one.) .seriesID files are not used by pyTivo directly.
To get pyTivoMetaThis to work with single files passed from the command line, I had to modify the code a bit:

Code:
def processDir(dir, MirrorURL):
	if os.path.isfile(dir):
		fileList = [os.path.split(dir) [1]]
		dir = os.path.dirname(dir)
		dirList = []
	else:
		debug(1,'\n## Looking for videos in: ' + dir)
		(fileList, dirList) = getfiles(dir)
This is how it looked before the mod:

Code:
def processDir(dir, MirrorURL):
	debug(1,'\n## Looking for videos in: ' + dir)
	(fileList, dirList) = getfiles(dir)
I've got some other mods in place to run it in "batch/function" mode, so it ignores metadata files already in place, and doesn't create any actual files, but rather output's the data to stdout so I can parse what pieces I want/need. But those mods aren't relevant to this topic.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #2846
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Well, persistence is paying off.
I am not a programmer, so debugging code is not my cup of tea.
However, using the pipe command, and ctrl c'ing the pytivometathis program (because it hangs...), I am able to see somewhat, what is happening.
I increased the timeout value to the tvdb site, and then found that there were several episodes called "The Office".
I renamed the episodes to "The Office (US)" and FINALLY, got the prog. to write TWO .txt files. which transferred over into one directory.

Update:
All metafiles for my 'real' directory of a complete season of The Office were finally written.
I believe there were two problems:

If the timeout setting for tvdb is set too low (default is 5, mine is now 25), and you have a slow connection to the Internet (Either it's my cable company or router s/w), then pytivometathis will time out.

If your filename (I used "The Office S03E01.mpg") is ambiguous, tvdb will give pytivometathis several choices (including the US and UK versions of the show).
I am running this in a command box in Windows 7, and I am not presented with these choices at this time, so the program appears to 'hang'.

Renaming all my videos to "The Office (US) S03E01.mpg" bypassed the choice problem and all meta files were created.
Pytivo then did the rest!
I HOPE that my time spent debugging this will aid others.
Thanks to Rdian06 for pointing me in the right direction.
Pete

Last edited by PeskyPete : 07-08-2010 at 10:26 AM.
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #2847
txporter
One sec, almost done
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 666
There are 4 different 'The Office' on tvdb.com. Try putting 'The Office (US) S03E01.mpg' or 'The.Office.(US).S03E01.mpg' (I prefer to eliminate spaces since it breaks a lot of DOS batch files).

update: oops, didn't look at the last page of replies on this before posting. Looks like he already figured this out.
__________________
Tivo Premiere 2TB WD20EARS (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS + 1TB WD10EVCS Antec MX-1 (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS (lifetime)
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #2848
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
Thanks anyways - point taken re. spaces.
Yeah, batch and batch type files are always prone to unusual circumstances!
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #2849
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
Well, persistence is paying off.
I am not a programmer, so debugging code is not my cup of tea.
However, using the pipe command, and ctrl c'ing the pytivometathis program (because it hangs...), I am able to see somewhat, what is happening.
I increased the timeout value to the tvdb site, and then found that there were several episodes called "The Office".
I renamed the episodes to "The Office (US)" and FINALLY, got the prog. to write TWO .txt files. which transferred over into one directory.

Update:
All metafiles for my 'real' directory of a complete season of The Office were finally written.
I believe there were two problems:

If the timeout setting for tvdb is set too low (default is 5, mine is now 25), and you have a slow connection to the Internet (Either it's my cable company or router s/w), then pytivometathis will time out.

If your filename (I used "The Office S03E01.mpg") is ambiguous, tvdb will give pytivometathis several choices (including the US and UK versions of the show).
I am running this in a command box in Windows 7, and I am not presented with these choices at this time, so the program appears to 'hang'.

Renaming all my videos to "The Office (US) S03E01.mpg" bypassed the choice problem and all meta files were created.
Pytivo then did the rest!
I HOPE that my time spent debugging this will aid others.
Thanks to Rdian06 for pointing me in the right direction.
Pete
When you run the script from a command line, it runs in interactive mode and should print out options if more than one show matches. Perhaps you redirected the output to a file so you weren't seeing the prompts?

The script also has the concept of non-interactive mode where it will just use the first match if there are multiple matches. It tries to detect whether to be in interactive mode or not, but maybe it's broken on Win7. It works fine for me on Win XP.
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #2850
txporter
One sec, almost done
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
When you run the script from a command line, it runs in interactive mode and should print out options if more than one show matches. Perhaps you redirected the output to a file so you weren't seeing the prompts?

The script also has the concept of non-interactive mode where it will just use the first match if there are multiple matches. It tries to detect whether to be in interactive mode or not, but maybe it's broken on Win7. It works fine for me on Win XP.
It used to run in interactive mode for me as well. It works as PeskyPete describes now for me in XP and Vista.
__________________
Tivo Premiere 2TB WD20EARS (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS + 1TB WD10EVCS Antec MX-1 (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS (lifetime)
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |