TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #2611
Spenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddief66 View Post
I have a problem with transferring a dual-audio .mkv file from my pc to my tivo. The default audio track is japanese so when I transfer it I get the japanese audio. Is there any way to get pytivo to select the audio track it transfers? Or is demuxing/remuxing my only option?
Yes, in your pyTivo configuration, HD Tivo Settings, set audio_lang to en, and it'll always use the en (english) track if there is one.
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #2612
Eddief66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
Yes, in your pyTivo configuration, HD Tivo Settings, set audio_lang to en, and it'll always use the en (english) track if there is one.
Thank you for your quick response. I forgot to say that I have a series2 so I set the lang. to eng in the SD settings and it worked.
Eddief66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #2613
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

OK, I have Australian TSNs (663 -- are there others?) defaulting to symind for regular pushes (but not the webvideo plugin) now. You can still override this with the tivo_mind setting. Not actually tested in Australia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:41 AM   #2614
jkates

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Weird. I haven't seen that before.

Note that the actual file is kind of irrelevant here, since it's mind.tivo.com complaining, before the TiVo ever sees the file. In fact it seems to be saying that it won't do native MP4 transfers at all! Unless "this body" means that for some other body, it would be OK... but I don't see anything distinctive about it.

It's working for me. (For the heck of it, I even tried it with a file named "The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4", although not the actual movie.) How about other files? Other types?

I think that I have made some progress. The TiVo seems be be behaving better not that it has it's cable care paired and I can now see live TV.

The push to the Tivo is still not work, I now have different items in the log but the same net results. The Tivo can still pull files but i still can't push files to the tivo.

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! /tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! /tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=YES, vCodec h264 not compatible, /tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:tsn:
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:aspect169: True
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:optres: False
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:File=/tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4 vCodec=h264 vWidth=480 vHeight=208 vFps=90k.00 millisecs=7613180 TIVO_HEIGHT=480 TIVO_WIDTH=544
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:rheight=13 rwidth=30
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:par2=1.000 ratio=230.769 mult4by3=1.176
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:16:9 aspect allowed, file is wider than 16:9 padding top and bottom
-aspect 16:9 -s 544x368 -padtop 56 -padbottom 56
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=YES, vCodec h264 not compatible, /tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.78.101 [07/Dec/2009 01:26:31] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=DVDs/AAA_UNSORTED HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.78.101 [07/Dec/2009 01:26:31] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=XSL&Container=DVDs/AAA_UNSORTED HTTP/1.1" 200 -
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=NO, all compatible, /tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.78.226 [07/Dec/2009 01:26:55] "GET /DVDs/AAA_UNSORTED/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4?Format=video%2Fmp4 HTTP/1.1" 206 -
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.video:/tmp/Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4 is tivo compatible
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:'module' object has no attribute 'SEEK_CUR'
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.video:Finished outputing video

This is how I encoded the video.
HandBrakeCLI -v -i /dev/sr1 -L -o Indiana_Jones_and_The_Last_Crusade.mp4 -e x264 -f mp4 -w 480 -Y 320 -b 1500 -2 -9 -T -x subq=6:frameref=6:me=umh:threads=auto:bframes=3:weight-b:qcomp=0.8:partitions=all:b-pyramid:mixed-refs:trellis=1:no-fast-pskip:nr=100 -E aac+ac3 -B 160 -R 48 -m

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks -Jason

jkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #2615
jkates

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Is this with the newest version of Handbrake (0.9.4) or the old one (0.9.3)? The newest version has an updated build of x264 that now supports weightp. I haven't pushed any video to TivoHD using that compression algorithm, but I do know that is causing problems with some other devices (apple tv and maybe wdtv). You can force it off using weightp=0 in your command line.

Sorry that I am just seeing your Post. I built this from SVN about a month ago a bit before 0.9.4 was released.

I will download 0.9.4 and give it a test!
Thanks -Jason

Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #2616
jcthorne

Your command line use of handbrake appears to have a few things Tivo will not like or may not like.

The resolution is an odd frame size, recommend using a full frame resolution, 640x480, 720x480, 1280x720 etc.

Next, it appears that you are not making the file a streamable mp4 including the moov atom at the begining, I could be missing that in your command line but dont see it.

The audio appears to be using both aac and ac3. You need to use one or the other. aac stereo 2 track only, ac3 can be 5.1.. Handbrake does not encode ac3 audio, one of its biggest shortcommings for use with Tivo and why I do not use it.

Just some things to look into. A properly encoded mp4 does push fine but I do not think you are going to get there with handbrake.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #2617
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkates View Post
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:'module' object has no attribute 'SEEK_CUR'
WTF? What version of Python are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Next, it appears that you are not making the file a streamable mp4 including the moov atom at the begining, I could be missing that in your command line but dont see it.
pyTivo will handle that... actually, it was pyTivo's attempt to handle it that failed in this case (very different from jkates' previous error), which is... odd.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #2618
jkates

Quote:
WTF? What version of Python are you using?

pyTivo will handle that... actually, it was pyTivo's attempt to handle it that failed in this case (very different from jkates' previous error), which is... odd.
I think that the Tivo might have been in a bit of an odd state as it was waiting for a comcast visit to pair the cable card. A few of the menus wouldn't work until the cable card was happy.

This is the python version that's installed on the server:
rpm -q --info -f /usr/bin/python
Name : python Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.4.3 Vendor: CentOS
Release : 27.el5 Build Date: Thu 03 Sep 2009 03:41:41 PM EDT
Install Date: Wed 04 Nov 2009 06:34:35 PM EST Build Host: builder16.centos.org
Group : Development/Languages Source RPM: python-2.4.3-27.el5.src.rpm
Size : 21614489 License: PSF - see LICENSE
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Sat 19 Sep 2009 11:54:54 PM EDT, Key ID a8a447dce8562897
URL : http://www.python.org/
Summary : An interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.
Description :
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme or Java. Python includes
modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types and
dynamic typing. Python supports interfaces to many system calls and
libraries, as well as to various windowing systems (X11, Motif, Tk,
Mac and MFC).

Programmers can write new built-in modules for Python in C or C++.
Python can be used as an extension language for applications that need
a programmable interface. This package contains most of the standard
Python modules, as well as modules for interfacing to the Tix widget
set for Tk and RPM.

Note that documentation for Python is provided in the python-docs
package.

Thanks again for the help -Jason
Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #2619
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Version : 2.4.3 Vendor: CentOS
Hmm. It looks like the qtfaststart module may not be compatible with Python 2.4. Is there any way you can get 2.5 or 2.6 on that system?

I'd really rather drop support for 2.4, but I keep running into people who still want to use it. At least one of them was a CentOS user, too.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll check if there's a 2.4-compatible way to do the seek... Edit: OK, did that. Try it now.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 12-07-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #2620
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrumpneuma View Post
I have allowed the UDP and TCP port specifically in windows firewall. ... If I do nothing it disappears in 1-2 minutes
I assume you mean port 9032? Try adding 2190 and 5353 as well.

Quote:
Then it gives an "WindowsError [Error 5] Access is Denied" error.
I think we need a little more info here. Can you post everything from the GET request to that line? Preferably with debug mode on.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #2621
reneg

Quote:
Back at the console output it shows the transaction smoothly until the actual video is selected. Then it gives an "WindowsError [Error 5] Access is Denied" error. Pytivo will not continue until I quit python completely.
Shotgun a few potential causes for WindowsError:
1) pytivo.conf Configuration
a) double check your ffmpeg path
b) double check your path statement in your share
2) file system
a) check file permissions
b) check open file handles
c) don't share a root directory of a drive, try sharing a subdirectory
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #2622
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
I opened 9032 as TCP

I am 90% sure it was 2190 UDP. 5353 I have not seen referenced in pytivo documentation.
5353 UDP is for Zeroconf, which is relatively new to pyTivo. I don't know where opening ports is discussed (I've never had to do it).

Quote:
Thank you for your effort with this software and this specific problem.
You actually have two problems, AFAICT -- opening 5353 should fix one, but it won't help the other.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 12-07-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #2623
reneg

Quote:
2b. I do not understand 2b. What are and how do I check "open file handles"?
Sorry I didn't explain it clearer. A WindowsError could be due to open file handle(s) on a deleted file(s). Windows won't remove a deleted file directory entry until all open handles are closed. One common source of handles being left open are from explorer extensions. Rebooting your PC also clears up these quasi-deleted files, so I doubt that this is your issue.

I use a freeware tool, Unlocker 1.8.8, to close open handles when I run across this type of issue.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #2624
Rdian06

Quote:
Here is my .conf file.

Code:
[MyMovies]
type = video
path = C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Videos

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Server]
tivo_password = xxxxxxxx
tivo_mak = xxxxxxxxxxxx
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\kmttg_v0p7b\ffmpeg
tivodecode = C:\Program Files\kmttg_v0p7b\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe
tdcat = C:\Program Files\kmttg_v0p7b\tivodecode\tdcat.exe
beacon = 192.168.1.11
debug = True
tivo_username = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
port = 9032
Thanks for your help.
The error is a result of not having a valid ffmpeg conf line.

pyTivo needs to know the full path to the ffmpeg executable name. Notice how your conf file has C:\Program Files\kmttg_v0p7b\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe for tivodecode, but your ffmpeg line has C:\Program Files\kmttg_v0p7b\ffmpeg .

Is that a folder or is that an exe file? If it's a folder, then you need to add the \<ffmpeg file name.exe> to the end of it. If it's the actual exe file, then add the .exe onto the end.

kmttg is written in Java which may not care about leaving off the .exe or it may allow pointing to the folder that contains ffmpeg.exe, but pyTivo MUST have the actual full path and file name exactly.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #2625
moyekj

Your ffmpeg setting is wrong. You are pointing to directory instead of executable. It should probably be:
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\kmttg_v0p7b\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
EDIT: Rdian06 beat me to it but I'll leave my post anyway.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #2626
jkates

Quote:
Hmm. It looks like the qtfaststart module may not be compatible with Python 2.4. Is there any way you can get 2.5 or 2.6 on that system?

I'd really rather drop support for 2.4, but I keep running into people who still want to use it. At least one of them was a CentOS user, too.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll check if there's a 2.4-compatible way to do the seek... Edit: OK, did that. Try it now.
That version is the current version for CentOS/RHEL 5.4. I can look at compiling a stand alone version but I would break a lot of the box upgrading the bundled version of Python.

-Jason

Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #2627
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
That version is the current version for CentOS/RHEL 5.4.
Yeah, so I've read... a good reason to move off that platform, IMHO. Python 2.5 is over three years old already.

But anyway:

Quote:

Last edited by wmcbrine : 12-07-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #2628
jkates

Quote:
Yeah, so I've read... a good reason to move off that platform, IMHO. Python 2.5 is over three years old already.

But anyway:

Thanks for the 2.4 fix.Python is using 2.0% of the CPU and the download is moving along much better than real time. In the pas it was just about real time.

Thanks Again -Jason

Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #2629
Eddief66

I'm having a problem with Push. I keep getting the following error:
Quote:
list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 383, in Push
mime = mime)
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\mind.py", line 48, in pushVideo
pc_body_id = self.__pcBodySearch()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
Using python ver. 2.6.4 and wmcbrine's latest fork. I thought that it might have been the video format so I used Videora Tivo converter to transcode a video and still get the error but here's no problem pulling any videos no matter what the format. Do I need to use an older version of python?

Edit: I tried using python ver. 2.4.4 and it didn't make any difference.

Last edited by Eddief66 : 12-08-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #2630
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddief66 View Post
I'm having a problem with Push. I keep getting the following error:

Using python ver. 2.6.4 and wmcbrine's latest fork. I thought that it might have been the video format so I used Videora Tivo converter to transcode a video and still get the error but here's no problem pulling any videos no matter what the format. Do I need to use an older version of python?

Edit: I tried using python ver. 2.4.4 and it didn't make any difference.
Python version should not matter, I'd stick with 2.6.4.

I recall seeing a problem like this once on push, but am having trouble remembering what I changed to fix it. I don't see how you are initiating the push. Check the syntax of your push command, case is significant. You can also try forcing a transcode with a default.txt file in the same directory as the "push" file. Put

Override_vCodec: foo

in the default.txt file.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #2631
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddief66
list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 383, in Push
mime = mime)
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\mind.py", line 48, in pushVideo
pc_body_id = self.__pcBodySearch()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
That means login to tivo mind server is failing. Make sure you have your tivo.com login & password set in pyTivo.conf in Server section:
tivo_username = ...
tivo_password = ...

Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #2632
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That means login to tivo mind server is failing. Make sure you have your tivo.com login & password set in pyTivo.conf in Server section:
tivo_username = ...
tivo_password = ...
That was it. My memory is worse than I thought.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #2633
Eddief66

I could have sworn I did enter those but if that turns out to be the problem I'm going to build a kicking machine for myself. I just downgraded pytivo to an earlier version and I had to manually add a server section and username and password settings but it worked. Only problem is I can only push one video at a time with it and the reason I wanted to get push working is because I could check more than one video and send them all to tivo. I'll go ahead and upgrade again and see how it goes after making sure to enter the username and password.

Edit: Well it worked. Thanks to both of you for your help. Now I need to start building that kicking machine.

Just one more thing. There seems to be a delay before the tivo starts recording with push but with pull it was immediate. Is that normal?

Last edited by Eddief66 : 12-08-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #2634
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yes. The reason you have to enter your username and password is that, for a push, pyTivo sends a message to a server running at TiVo Inc., to tell the TiVo box to request the file. Later, the TiVo gets the message, and only then actually starts pulling the file from pyTivo. So that's why there's a delay.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #2635
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Why does TiVo Inc. do it this way?
You'd have to ask them. But, this feature was originally designed to support TiVoCasts (now called Web Videos). It's also used for Amazon VOD. Your TiVo is probably behind a NAT firewall, which makes it a little difficult to contact it directly from outside your LAN. This way, all the requests go outward, which works much better with a typical home network.

Quote:
I assume this is so TiVo Inc. can stop this functionality if they want to.
They can stop any functionality at any time. They didn't need to make push work this way for that.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #2636
cburbs

We moved recently so I missed some shows so I downloaded a few that I missed. Since I can't get streambaby to work I want to push the show back to the same folder as the others. The only issue I am having is that the show has todays date so it is out of episode order. Is there a way so that I can make it have the correct date so that the episodes are in order on the tivo box?
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #2637
Spenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
We moved recently so I missed some shows so I downloaded a few that I missed. Since I can't get streambaby to work I want to push the show back to the same folder as the others. The only issue I am having is that the show has todays date so it is out of episode order. Is there a way so that I can make it have the correct date so that the episodes are in order on the tivo box?
Nope. With Push, you can put it into a folder, but you can't set the date (it'll always be the date/time it was pushed). If you Pull, you can set the date with a metadata file, but you can't put it into a folder. Yep, bummer.
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #2638
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
I am new to this forum so don't know much but . . .

Have you tried changing the date/time on your PC? Then make a copy. Delete the original and rename the copy. Then change the time back.

Good luck.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #2639
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I am new to this forum so don't know much but . . .
Have you tried changing the date/time on your PC? Then make a copy. Delete the original and rename the copy. Then change the time back.
Most likely the date is set based on TiVo clock when it pulls the file -- the PC clock will have no influence.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #2640
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Most likely the date is set based on TiVo clock when it pulls the file -- the PC clock will have no influence.
I was thinking that he downloaded the file from the internet or some other non-tivo place. I was figuring that since they were in the process of moving that the Tivo wasn't hooked up.

Of course even in that circumstance I am not sure my idea will work.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote