TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #2581
Spenner

That doesn't work. I had tried changing the file Created, Modified, and Last Accessed dates with a similar utility, and when pushed they showed on Tivo as the date of the push.
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #2582
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
That doesn't work. I had tried changing the file Created, Modified, and Last Accessed dates with a similar utility, and when pushed they showed on Tivo as the date of the push.
As I guess you said earlier: http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...17#post7627017.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #2583
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
You'll have to wait for wmcbrine to answer this. I seem to recall he wasn't keen on the idea
Indeed I'm not. But, if what he's looking for is pushes initiated from the TiVo side, I believe that Streambaby has that functionality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #2584
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Indeed I'm not. But, if what he's looking for is pushes initiated from the TiVo side, I believe that Streambaby has that functionality.
You get to decide what new features are worth the time it takes implement. I have no idea how much effort it would take to push from the tivo side. The fact that is sounds easy to me doesn't really mean anything.

There are significant advantages to pushing a MP4 file. If the viewer knows the program is "pushable" he can either push it from the PC or even use Streambaby (although I prefer to transfer the program). There is an advantage in converting a pull request to a push. The viewer doesn't have to know if the program is a format that should be pushed. PyTivo would automatically make the decision. That makes sense if a number of programs are being stored on a PC and will be viewed by multiple family members on multiple tivos. The family member requesting the program won't necessarily know which programs to request from "My Videos" and which programs should be viewed with Streambaby and/or pushed from a PC. Plus it's easier to just select the programs you want to view from the My Videos section of the NPL.

I don't think I need the feature enough to take the time to learn Python.

edited to add--I don't know how many PyTivo users are transcoding their videos into a pushable MP4 format. This may be a feature that would benefit releatively few users.

Last edited by lew : 11-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #2585
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's not a question of time; it's just the wrong way to do things. The family member who doesn't know what format the file is in isn't going to pleased when they try to start a transfer and get an error message, only to have the program mysteriously start appearing in the NPL a few minutes later. You'd also remove the ability to actually pull any files that are pushable, which is sometimes needed. pyTivo and the TiVo box don't always agree on what's pushable, so pull needs to be available as a fallback. Plus there's the startup delay when pushing, which in some cases may be more important than total transfer time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #2586
lew

Quote:
It's not a question of time; it's just the wrong way to do things. The family member who doesn't know what format the file is in isn't going to pleased when they try to start a transfer and get an error message, only to have the program mysteriously start appearing in the NPL a few minutes later. You'd also remove the ability to actually pull any files that are pushable, which is sometimes needed. pyTivo and the TiVo box don't always agree on what's pushable, so pull needs to be available as a fallback. Plus there's the startup delay when pushing, which in some cases may be more important than total transfer time.
This could be a feature which, by default, would not be enabled. Posters who want a faster startup time would not enable this feature.

JMO but I think it wrong to pull a file that can be pushed. The MP4 file will (almost always) take less space on the tivo and will transfer faster.

You've done a good job explaining your point. It doesn't make sense for you to implement a feature you think is wrong. I'll stop suggesting this feature.

Of course my suggestion assumes pyTivo can reliably determine if a file is pushable. Probably applicable to users who use the same paramenters in transcoding a number of videos.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #2587
audiodane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post
2) Any chance of supporting folder-push, and maintaining the folder name once on the Tivo? Apparently this is possible now, but only with a bunch of manual work. It would seem to be a small step to allow a checkbox on the folder in pyTivo, right?
It's really not that hard at all. Not a lot of manual work, either. Just pick some arbitrary seriesId value (such as "MyKidsMovies" or just about anything using A-Z and 0-9. I don't know if spaces or hyphens are allowed, but there are plenty of choices without such characters since it's never really a "seen" value. You could name it "11111111" if you wanted and it would work the same. It just has to be unique.), and put that in the metadata file along with the other information. Add isEpisode:true, also. Use seriesTitle: to set the folder name, and episodeTitle: to set the name of the individual episode.

You don't really need to do any dummy file pushing. It won't create a folder until there are at least two items with the same seriesId value, BTW, so make sure you push at least two.

Quick summary: (add to metadata file)
seriesId: <somevalue>
seriesTitle: <name of folder on Tivo>
isEpisode: true
episodeTitle: <name of file being pushed>

- also note that you don't need to use quotation marks. If you do, they'll show up as a part of the title itself.

Limitations: pushing doesn't yet support recordedOn date pushing, and I think a number of other tags aren't transferred w/ push.. As a result, I have moved to PULL transfers.

Note: PULL'ing does not support arbitrary folders, however it does support grouping into folders based on program guide data. Go to "wishlist search" and pick a keyword and find any matches that may suite your needs. "Home Movies", "KidSpace", and "At the Movies" are three folders currently in our program guide data that we're now using for our own PULL'd content. I found those three folders by doing wishlist searches using keywords "movie" and "kid" and going through all the upcoming episodes of matches found. You can probably find the seriesId of any show online, or you can just record one episode and use the extractIds.py script to pull off the list of seriesId's currently in your NPL. (Also note that it seems you cannot PULL into a PUSH-created arbitrary folder. Another note is that you really don't need to set the seriesTitle of PULL'd content when using existing seriesId values, since the Tivo already has it in its guide data..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
You get to decide what new features are worth the time it takes implement. I have no idea how much effort it would take to push from the tivo side. The fact that is sounds easy to me doesn't really mean anything.
I agree (and no offense to william) that it can be frustrating to request a feature that someone could really find useful to have william nix the idea outright. However, he's done so much wonderful work to bring us his own fork of pyTivo that it's understandable for he to be able to decide such things! After all, all the hard work he's done is completely open-source and can be looked at and modified by anybody else.

This approach (modifying an existing fork) is the one that I've taken to include a feature that I wanted added that william nix'd -- I've grabbed TheBayer's dvdvideo plugin and modified it to add my own timestamp "workaround." It took about a day to learn python JUST enough to get my modification done, but it's a minimal modification and gets the job done very well..

I'm currently trying to get dynamic range compression working but am having very little success there.. I'm also learning the differences between Parental Controls and KidZone so that I can have a properly made plan before I start pulling all my content over to the Tivo..

Cheers and Kudos to wmcbrine and rdian06 and so many others who have made pyTivo even possible at all!

..dane
audiodane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #2588
PaulS

Agreed, it's really simple once you know how things work.
I did precisely this kind of thing to get my kids' movies all in one folder on the TiVo.

Summary :
1. All the kids' movies are in a single folder on my PC's filesystem.
2. In that folder is a file named default.txt. It's contents :
Code:
seriesId : KidMovies
3. For each movie in that folder, there is a very simple accompanying metadata file in the same folder. For example, for the video Movie.mpg, there would be a metadata file named Movie.mpg.txt. It's contents :
Code:
title : Movie
That's really all you need to do to create a custom folder using push. You can add more metadata as you'd like (title, description, actors, etc), but to do the grouping creation, this is really all you need.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #2589
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Is there a definitive list or table of metadata fields that are supported by push and pull? I see a list of 24 keywords on the pyTivo Wiki, but only a passing reference to "push":

Quote:
Only a subset of metadata keywords are used in "Push" mode.

Last edited by orangeboy : 11-29-2009 at 01:38 PM.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #2590
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post
I agree (and no offense to william) that it can be frustrating to request a feature that someone could really find useful to have william nix the idea outright.
I side with wmcbrine. Pytivo developers can't change the Tivo side of pull, and erroring out on a pull is a kludge. Plus, when a program is pushed, it gets transfer prohibited.

Quote:
Is there a definitive list or table of metadata fields that are supported by push and pull? I see a list of 24 keywords on the pyTivo Wiki, but only a passing reference to "push":
Nothing is published by Tivo as to what is supported under push. If you look at the fields displayed in Web Videos on your Tivo, that will give you a pretty good idea of which metadata fields can be supported.

If you can network sniff and decode a SSL connection, perhaps more could be determined. I know that I'd love to be able to figure out how to extract the NPL and ToDo lists from my Tivo. I know they are sent back to the Tivo mothership for their web interface.

Last edited by reneg : 11-29-2009 at 04:09 PM.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #2591
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Is there a definitive list or table of metadata fields that are supported by push and pull?
Here's what we have so far for push:

title/seriesTitle
episodeTitle
description

Impressive list, isn't it? I'm fairly sure that at least some others are possible, but this is all we know how to do right now. There's also grouping based on seriesId, but that doesn't actually use the seriesId in the way pull does. And there's also an attempt to set the date, but I recently found that this is apparently not doing anything.

Amazon Unbox movies have ratings and star ratings, right? Or don't they? It's been a while since I looked at one... If they do, then in principle we can too.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #2592
AbMagFab
What happened, TiVo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Agreed, it's really simple once you know how things work.
I did precisely this kind of thing to get my kids' movies all in one folder on the TiVo.
That's really all you need to do to create a custom folder using push. You can add more metadata as you'd like (title, description, actors, etc), but to do the grouping creation, this is really all you need.
Okay, so how do you create a metadata file? The original post on this topic mentions a tool is needed, implying this isn't just a simple text file. And there's no link. The only tool that comes close to what is mentioned is Mac-only.

Am I missing something here? I get the steps are easy once you have a metadata file, but how do you create one to begin with? And where do you put it?

Multiple S3s, HDs, HDXLs, Premieres - all looking like relics now
TiVo is on it's way out -
!
AbMagFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #2593
lew

Quote:
Okay, so how do you create a metadata file? The original post on this topic mentions a tool is needed, implying this isn't just a simple text file. And there's no link. The only tool that comes close to what is mentioned is Mac-only.

Am I missing something here? I get the steps are easy once you have a metadata file, but how do you create one to begin with? And where do you put it?
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/other-apps-f5.html
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #2594
reneg

Quote:

A metadata file is a text file.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #2595
PaulS

Quote:

It's a simple text file. You can use just about anything to create/edit it.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #2596
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Valid locations:

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/filename.mpg.txt

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/.meta/filename.mpg.txt

Also -- these apply to all files in the directory:

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/default.txt

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/.meta/default.txt

I hope that's clear. And yes, it's a simple text file. Personally I've never used any of the generator tools.

P.S. I know this is a long thread, but the creation of the metadata text files was hashed out right here, starting around post 963, taking its present form in post 989. I don't know what you're talking about when you say "The original post on this topic mentions a tool is needed".

Last edited by wmcbrine : 11-29-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #2597
AbMagFab
What happened, TiVo?

Quote:
Valid locations:

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/filename.mpg.txt

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/.meta/filename.mpg.txt

Also -- these apply to all files in the directory:

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/default.txt

dirname/filename.mpg
dirname/.meta/default.txt

I hope that's clear. And yes, it's a simple text file. Personally I've never used any of the generator tools.

P.S. I know this is a long thread, but the creation of the metadata text files was hashed out right here, starting around post 963, taking its present form in post 989. I don't know what you're talking about when you say "The original post on this topic mentions a tool is needed".
Thanks.

And it was this post in this other (similar) thread that mentions needing a tool called "metagenerator":
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...81#post7555181

Multiple S3s, HDs, HDXLs, Premieres - all looking like relics now
TiVo is on it's way out -
!
AbMagFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #2598
Rdian06

Quote:
Thanks.

And it was this post in this other (similar) thread that mentions needing a tool called "metagenerator":
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...81#post7555181
That happens to be that person's opinion of what is "needed".

The definitive source is:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Metadata

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #2599
dm_

push for australian tivos?

Dumb question - does anyone know if push works for Australian tivo users? I've tried setting tivo_username and tivo_password to the email address and password I use on mytivo.com.au, but I get the following message when I try and push:

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.video:Pushing http://192.168.0.2:9032/Video/temp/All_Of_The_Dreamers.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:__login
{'cams_security_domain': 'tivocom', 'cams_login_config': 'http', 'cams_cb_password': 'mypassword', 'cams_original_url': '/m
ind/mind7?type=infoGet', 'cams_cb_username': 'username@myemaildomain'}
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:pcBodySearch
{}

<error><code>badCookie</code><debug>1</debug><text>Cookie cannot be authenticated; try login again</text></error>g
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:pcBodyStore
{'replaceExisting': 'true', 'name': 'pyTivo'}

<error><code>badCookie</code><debug>1</debug><text>Cookie cannot be authenticated; try login again</text></error>g
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:pcBodySearch
{}

INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [01/Dec/2009 23:39:19] "POST /TiVoConnect HTTP/1.1" 500 -
ERROR:pyTivo:Exception during request from ('127.0.0.1', 49036)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py", line 464, in process_request_thread
self.finish_request(request, client_address)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py", line 254, in finish_request
self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
File "/scratch/davidm/tivostuff/wmcbrine/httpserver.py", line 56, in __init__
client_address, server)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py", line 522, in __init__
self.handle()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 316, in handle
self.handle_one_request()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 310, in handle_one_request
method()
File "/scratch/davidm/tivostuff/wmcbrine/httpserver.py", line 110, in do_POST
self.handle_query(query, tsn)
File "/scratch/davidm/tivostuff/wmcbrine/httpserver.py", line 132, in handle_query
method(self, query)
File "/scratch/davidm/tivostuff/wmcbrine/plugins/video/video.py", line 383, in Push
mime = mime)
File "/scratch/davidm/tivostuff/wmcbrine/mind.py", line 48, in pushVideo
pc_body_id = self.__pcBodySearch()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

I'm happy to do traffic sniffing if that is what it takes to figure out what the code _should_ be doing :)
dm_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #2600
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Push works for Australian users, last I heard, but you have to set tivo_mind to symind.tivo.com:8181 in pyTivo.conf.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #2601
dm_

Cheers! that seems to have worked. Is that documented somewhere? (I did make some attempt to search for it first before spamming the thread...)
dm_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #2602
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's documented in the help for tivo_mind, but admittedly, you'd have to think to look there first. I'll see about improving that.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #2603
jkates

MP4 push.

I am attempting to push MP4 files to a TivoHD without transcoding.

This is how I created the MP4 file.
./HandBrakeCLI -v -i /dev/sr1 -L -o The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4 -e x264 -f mp4 -w 480 -Y 320 -b 1500 -2 -9 -T -x

I have also tested this method:
./HandBrakeCLI -i /dev/sr0 -f mp4 -e x264 -a 1 -E ac3 -x ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9sy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4

This is the output from pytivo (with the tsn updated).

subq=6:frameref=6:me=umh:threads=auto:bframes=3:weight-b:qcomp=0.8artitions=all:b-pyramid:mixed-refs:trellis=1:no-fast-pskip:nr=100 -E aac+ac3 -B 160 -R 48 -m

<pcBodyList><isBottom>true</isBottom><isTop>true</isTop><pcBody><bucketNumber>400</bucketNumber><levelOfDetail>low</levelOfDetail><name>pyTivo</name><pcBodyId>tivoc.1000949441</pcBodyId><type>pcBody</type></pcBody></pcBodyList>g
DEBUG:cookielib:add_cookie_header
DEBUG:cookielib:Checking .mind.tivo.com for cookies to return
DEBUG:cookielib:- checking cookie path=/
DEBUG:cookielib: - checking cookie CAMS_SID_session=xgqv0AaQSbiKUxcCj8q92aOQ0XRX46y7rrCulFuRvls IEl4f6y3SLKCWv1ntk3xgyjPHu8vFtR8122OD90NaS.UxdgdBjYYJit4i6Yd W2CSMdMfugMsLsEULuvRkyhFmrbRVr4S7tKsY1a0wzTxDxg--
DEBUG:cookielib: it's a match
DEBUG:cookielib:extract_cookies: Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 04:47:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/xml
Content-Length: 140
Connection: close

DEBUGyTivo.mind:bodyOfferModify&bodyId=tsn:652XXXXXXXXXXXX
{'description': '', 'title': 'The_Bourne_Ultimatum', 'url': 'http://24.60.146.19:9032/DVDs/Espionage_Thrillers/The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4?Format=video/mp4', 'pcBodyId': 'tivoc.1000949441', 'bodyId': 'tsn:652XXXXXXXXXXXX', 'publishDate': '2009-12-02 04:4717', 'source': 'The_Bourne_Ultimatum', 'state': 'complete', 'partnerId': 'tivot.3187', 'duration': 6919, 'encodingType': 'avcL41MP4', 'size': 1494982183}

<error><code>badArgument</code><text>unsupported encodingType for this body: avcL41MP4</text></error>g
INFOyTivo:192.168.78.101 [01/Dec/2009 23:47:18] "POST /TiVoConnect HTTP/1.1" 500 -
ERRORyTivo:Exception during request from ('192.168.78.101', 43213)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/SocketServer.py", line 463, in process_request_thread
self.finish_request(request, client_address)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/SocketServer.py", line 254, in finish_request
self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
File "/export/local/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 56, in __init__
client_address, server)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/SocketServer.py", line 521, in __init__
self.handle()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 316, in handle
self.handle_one_request()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 310, in handle_one_request
method()
File "/export/local/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 110, in do_POST
self.handle_query(query, tsn)
File "/export/local/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 132, in handle_query
method(self, query)
File "/export/local/pyTivo/plugins/video/video.py", line 383, in Push
mime = mime)
File "/export/local/pyTivo/mind.py", line 78, in pushVideo
offer_id, content_id = self.__bodyOfferModify(data)
File "/export/local/pyTivo/mind.py", line 194, in __bodyOfferModify
content_id = offer_id.replace('of','ct')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

I am running this version of pyTivo http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo/wmcbrine....1b303dd996f249

Thanks -Jason

jkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #2604
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkates View Post
unsupported encodingType for this body: avcL41MP4
Weird. I haven't seen that before.

Note that the actual file is kind of irrelevant here, since it's mind.tivo.com complaining, before the TiVo ever sees the file. In fact it seems to be saying that it won't do native MP4 transfers at all! Unless "this body" means that for some other body, it would be OK... but I don't see anything distinctive about it.

It's working for me. (For the heck of it, I even tried it with a file named "The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4", although not the actual movie.) How about other files? Other types?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #2605
wgoosey

pyTivoX question

Folks,

I don't claim to be smart enough to understand this whole thread but I have a question I've posted elsewhere on the forum without response yet (sorry I'm too impatient to wait without double posting).

Simply, it is possible to use a series 2 tivo as a simple player of content from a mac with pytivoX when it is not subscribed? I'm about to upgrade to a HD version and will have my old series 2 laying around. Is it possbile to just make it a DivX player? I somehow doubt it but I have to ask before I do something else with it....

thanks...
wgoosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #2606
jcthorne

NO. An unsubscribed Tivo has no network media capabilities.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #2607
Rdian06

Quote:
It's documented in the help for tivo_mind, but admittedly, you'd have to think to look there first. I'll see about improving that.
I seem to recall that you once said you were going to detect the Australian TSN prefix and automatically choose the right mind server?

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #2608
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I did say that, didn't I? Hmm... yeah, looking into it again now, I'm starting to remember why I didn't do that. I think it could work for regular pushes (aside from beta users, who'd still have to manually change to stagingmind), but I'm not sure about the webvideo plugin. But maybe that doesn't matter -- does that work down under anyway?

Last edited by wmcbrine : 12-03-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #2609
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkates View Post
I am attempting to push MP4 files to a TivoHD without transcoding.

This is how I created the MP4 file.
./HandBrakeCLI -v -i /dev/sr1 -L -o The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4 -e x264 -f mp4 -w 480 -Y 320 -b 1500 -2 -9 -T -x

I have also tested this method:
./HandBrakeCLI -i /dev/sr0 -f mp4 -e x264 -a 1 -E ac3 -x ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9sy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o The_Bourne_Ultimatum.mp4
--snip--
Is this with the newest version of Handbrake (0.9.4) or the old one (0.9.3)? The newest version has an updated build of x264 that now supports weightp. I haven't pushed any video to TivoHD using that compression algorithm, but I do know that is causing problems with some other devices (apple tv and maybe wdtv). You can force it off using weightp=0 in your command line.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #2610
Eddief66

I have a problem with transferring a dual-audio .mkv file from my pc to my tivo. The default audio track is japanese so when I transfer it I get the japanese audio. Is there any way to get pytivo to select the audio track it transfers? Or is demuxing/remuxing my only option?
Eddief66 is offline   Reply With Quote