TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #2161
mosley

windracer, Not sure how to reboot the Tivo, but I unplugged it and plugged it back in and that didnt help. Any other suggestions.
Thanks
mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #2162
Rdian06

mosley, try adding a line to your pyTivo.conf file under the Server section:

beacon = <tivo1 IP> <tivo2 IP>

And see if that fixes the issue.

Also, check your Tivo.com account and make sure video transfers are enabled for both your units.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #2163
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosley View Post
windracer, Not sure how to reboot the Tivo, but I unplugged it and plugged it back in
That works. The other way to do it is the "Restart" menu item under Messages & Settings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #2164
mosley

OK, I have tried to "Restart" the Tivo, and I've added the "beacon = <tivo1 IP> <tivo2 IP>" line in my pyTivo.conf file and enabled video transfers on the Tivo (it was enabled on this one). But none of this is working. I am still not able to see My Videos on the Now Playing List. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #2165
Rdian06

Quote:
OK, I have tried to "Restart" the Tivo, and I've added the "beacon = <tivo1 IP> <tivo2 IP>" line in my pyTivo.conf file and enabled video transfers on the Tivo (it was enabled on this one). But none of this is working. I am still not able to see My Videos on the Now Playing List. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Are your Tivos and the pyTivo machine all in the same network subnet? pyTivo sends UDP broadcasts advertisements out to the subnet. So if your second Tivo isn't in the same subnet, it might never get the broadcast and consequently never know to contact your pyTivo instance.

If they are all in the same subnet, what fork version of pyTivo are you using? Does adding guid = 654321 in your Server section make a difference?

Also, you might want to go to your Tivo.com account and disable video transfers, save, force network connect on your Tivos to pickup the disable, log back in and enable, save, force network connect to pickup the enable. Just to make sure things are reset properly.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #2166
MasterCephus

Just letting everyone know that I have posted the newest update to the MetaGenerator...click on my signature to get it.

(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #2167
mosley

The subnets were the same on both Tivos. So I added guid = 654321 To the Server section. And it worked. THANKS. Any idea why?
Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #2168
Rdian06

Quote:
The subnets were the same on both Tivos. So I added guid = 654321 To the Server section. And it worked. THANKS. Any idea why?
pyTivo instances broadcast advertisement beacons on the subnet containing their GUID, IP, and port info. When your Tivo hears the beacon, it's supposed to cache the information and then make a request direct to the pyTivo instance. Sometimes a Tivo will keep a GUID cached with old IP/port info and then never query the new instance. A Tivo restart should clear the cache, but as you found, sometimes it won't.

Newer pyTivo versions randomize the GUID on startup unless you force a GUID in the config file. Older pyTivo versions always used the same GUID making it more likely you'll run into the screwy caching behavior.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #2169
mosley

Well that was a bit over my head. Thanks anyway.

I have another one. I can see both Tivos on the Now Playing List, but the both say there are no recorded programs. For instance, on Tivo 1's NPL I can see Tivo 2, but there are no recorded programs, and on Tivo 2's NPL I can see Tivo 1, but there are no recorded programs. How can I see the recorded programs for each Tivo?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #2170
GreenMonkey

PyTivo was working fine.

But I HAD to tinker with it - I uninstalled and updated to the latest version of Pytivo (wgw fork). And then installed Python 2.6.1 since the new PyTivo wasn't playing nice with the old Python version I had (2.4?).

Now, it isn't detected by the Tivo HD at all.

Any ideas?

PyTivo is reachable at my IP address:9032 from other devices on the network.

PyTivotogo connects to the Tivo as well and finds the programs on it.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #2171
urwathrtz
Death Metal Dad

Got pyTiVo to work. Question I have is the audio is a little erratic at times.
urwathrtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #2172
mathwhiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
As to the sound problem (if its the one i'm thinking of) the only for sure solution for now was to change your connection from HDMI to Component. It seems to be a compatibility issue between the TV and TiVo.
I've been playing with pyTiVo more and getting it setup to work really well for me. Getting automatic transfers working (not elegantly, but working), fixed my cropping problem (by adding the padding) (although it made me realize I'm missing content on my TV shows too because of over-scan), and the sound issue I think I've fixed by setting the audio frequency at 48000 instead of auto, I'm pretty sure the problem was with transcoded audio at 44100 and when the TV (via HDMI) had to switch between 44100 and 48000.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #2173
kearygriffin

metadata - img.cover

In adding metadata support to streambaby, it was requested that it support an img.cover tag for displaying a DVD cover (or other image) when displaying the metadata.

I didn't see any standard tag in pyTivo metadata for adding an image, and it was suggested that I use img.cover : <filename_or_url>

I'm leaning towards using
x-img.cover : <filename_or_url>
instead, so that pyTivo and other applications that transfer information back to the TiVo could recognize via the x- prefix that this tag isn't a standard tivo tag and should be ignored.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? (or point me to a thread/message that already discusses what people are using for an img-type tag)

Streambaby will not be writing any metadata, so it will be up to other apps to write the x-img.cover tag, or people can put it in manually.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #2174
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

In terms of being ignored, it won't matter what you call it -- it won't be used unless it's already accounted for in the templates. And no one's ever put image links into pyTivo metadata files before, so there won't be any existing threads about it.

Personally I don't like either of those names; I'd probably just go with "image" or something.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #2175
GreenMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
PyTivo was working fine.

But I HAD to tinker with it - I uninstalled and updated to the latest version of Pytivo (wgw fork). And then installed Python 2.6.1 since the new PyTivo wasn't playing nice with the old Python version I had (2.4?).

Now, it isn't detected by the Tivo HD at all.

Any ideas?

PyTivo is reachable at my IP address:9032 from other devices on the network.

PyTivotogo connects to the Tivo as well and finds the programs on it.
I tried swapping to the wmcbrine fork, no luck either.

I tried uninstalling both, installing python 2.5.2, and reinstalling. I can't connect to the web configuration / localhost:9032 using the latest versions of pytivo and Python 2.5.2 at all. I seem to need 2.6+ for it to work, but the Tivo doesn't detect it then.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #2176
fred2

I'm not sure where to ask this question but...

I have a divx file which apparently has TWO AUDIO tracks (streams?).

Unfortunately, at least for me, is it appears that the primary track is Italian while the secondary track is English.

I apparently can switch between those tracks with a number of Computer-viewing programs.

BUT, I just used pytivo to copy the file to my S3 and Italian is the language it plays back in.

Obviously, I don't see any way on the Tivo to select the second track. Does pyTivo have a way to grab the second audio track as it is transferring the file?

What about Streambaby?

Other?

Is there an easy way to STRIP the "wrong" audio track and only leave the other without going through some extensive re-encoding process? (I have infrequently used videodubrub-something....)

If the powers that be don't think double posting over in the Streambaby thread would be a sin, I would ask again over there.

Thanks.
fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #2177
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2 View Post
I'm not sure where to ask this question but...
I've never tried doing it, but it *should* be doable with the -map option of ffmpeg. Lets assume your video stream is stream 0, and your english stream is stream 2 (you can find all the info by doing ffmpeg -i <file>)

so something like
ffmpeg -i <input> -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -acodec copy -vcodec copy <output>

*should* work... although you may want to look up the -map option in case I didnt specify it right. This will not re-encode the file, just copy the already encoded data into a new container with only one video stream and one audio stream.

As for pyTivo/Streambaby, it is certainly something that could be coded up to look at the input, and try to pick an appropriate language (if one is set), but it would have to be coded seperately into each, and I can't speak for the authors' priorities (it's very rare when the main audio stream isn't the one you want to use).

Last edited by Yoav : 02-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #2178
fred2

Yoav:

THANKS VERY MUCH. While I have not watched/listened to the results for the entire movie, the small samples I did watch on the COMPUTER appear to be OKAY. Only ENGLISH in the audio.

The hardest part was finding a win compiled version of ffmpeg since I'm not into compiling these days (former cobol programmer from another generation!)
Old 02-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #2179
rjmitche

Quote:
Does pyTivo have a way to grab the second audio track as it is transferring the file?
Take a look at the following thread over on the pyTivo forum:
support for preferred language track
I've never used it but, it sounds like it might be what you are looking for.
rjmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #2180
fred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmitche View Post
Take a look at the following thread over on the pyTivo forum:
support for preferred language track
I've never used it but, it sounds like it might be what you are looking for.
Hey, very interesting. I will check to see how the file I transferred works but I will also check this out, too. I gather I would have to edit pytivo.conf for this one event and/or other such events and know which track? Luckily, so far I have only run into this the one time.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #2181
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
The hardest part was finding a win compiled version of ffmpeg
Uh, pyTivo comes with one...

Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #2182
fred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Uh, pyTivo comes with one...
Duh! I did a quick look through some of its subdirectories but missed the Video subfolder.

ffmpeg-mp2.exe - oh, well, now I have the new one
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #2183
GreenMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I tried swapping to the wmcbrine fork, no luck either.

I tried uninstalling both, installing python 2.5.2, and reinstalling. I can't connect to the web configuration / localhost:9032 using the latest versions of pytivo and Python 2.5.2 at all. I seem to need 2.6+ for it to work, but the Tivo doesn't detect it then.
Update

Got it working with Python 2.5.4 and wmcbrine version Pytivo 2008.05.02

Dunno why 2.6 and above wouldn't work.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #2184
lizardking

Groups Revisited

I recently set up pyTivo on my computer and have been using it to watch shows from it on my Series 2 TiVo. After acquiring a season of Weeds I had missed when I didn't have Showtime, I started watching them by using the TiVo to pull them from my computer, as I could not find the Push functionality in pyTivo.

Well it turns out that my IE is broken, and using the browser embedded in Miro (which is based on Mozilla, I believe), the Push feature appeared. After pushing a show and wanting it to be in a group, I discovered Meta Generator so I could group them into my existing Weeds folder on the TiVo.

Questions:

1) Why did it title the group "Doing the Backstroke" which is the title of the first show I transferred? That group didn't exist, and the seriesID is the one that corresponds to Weeds. Did I somehow figure out a way to create a group with an arbitrary name??

2) Is there a way to tell if a show is scheduled to be pushed? I ended up with three copies of one show pushed to the folder, and two of another. Is it feasible for pyTivo to have the ability to delete shows off the TiVo, as I can access the computer from anywhere on the Internet, but my TiVo is only accessible from my living room.

3) Why do the pushed shows show up as "Copy Protected"? The shows I pulled using the TiVo interface can be downloaded back to the computer, but not the ones I pushed.

If only I could have gotten StreamBaby to work too! The TiVo spent 20 minutes showing "Please Wait" when I tried to play a 30 minute show. I can only assume it was trying to generate a preview. (Update: It looks like it's only for Series 3 and HD TiVos. Are there any streaming apps for Series 2? I have satellite, so I can't use any of the newer TiVos! )

Thanks!

Last edited by lizardking : 02-27-2009 at 05:48 PM.
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #2185
ebf

Exclamation Check the actual pyTiVo support site

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
I recently set up pyTivo on my computer and have been using it to watch shows from it on my Series 2 TiVo. After acquiring a season of Weeds I had missed when I didn't have Showtime, I started watching them by using the TiVo to pull them from my computer, as I could not find the Push functionality in pyTivo.

Well it turns out that my IE is broken, and using the browser embedded in Miro (which is based on Mozilla, I believe), the Push feature appeared. After pushing a show and wanting it to be in a group, I discovered Meta Generator so I could group them into my existing Weeds folder on the TiVo.

Questions: ...
You should visit the actual pyTiVo forum for support. http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/ The push feature is not fully developed and at this point the results you are seeing are expected. No groups, all push transfers copy protected, no auto delete.

Take a look at the last couple of pages from this thread: TiVo Desktop 2.6

Last edited by ebf : 02-27-2009 at 04:59 PM.
ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #2186
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
Well it turns out that my IE is broken, and using the browser embedded in Miro (which is based on Mozilla, I believe), the Push feature appeared.
Nah, that was pyTivo that was broken. It's fixed now, if you download my fork (from repo.or.cz).

Quote:
After pushing a show and wanting it to be in a group, I discovered Meta Generator so I could group them into my existing Weeds folder on the TiVo.
Cannot work with push, sorry. Will work with pull. See here and subsequent posts for more.

Quote:
Did I somehow figure out a way to create a group with an arbitrary name??
It's not your discovery, if that's what you're asking.

Quote:
Is it feasible for pyTivo to have the ability to delete shows off the TiVo
No. At least, I don't think so...

Quote:
Why do the pushed shows show up as "Copy Protected"? The shows I pulled using the TiVo interface can be downloaded back to the computer, but not the ones I pushed.
Yeah, the push feature is based on TiVoCasts, and TiVo Inc. made that the default behavior for TiVoCasts. There's apparently a way around it (since there are or were some unblocked TiVoCasts), but we don't know what it is yet. You gotta remember, the whole thing is reverse-engineered; we have no docs on these features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf
The push feature is not fully developed
It's much better now, and still improving. It's getting a lot more attention since it's currently the only way to get h264 onto the S3/HD without transcoding.

Quote:
No groups
There were always groups, but now they're actually useful. Still not quite what you might expect, though (see link above).

Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #2187
ebf

wmcbrine, you should have been more forceful in your response to my reply to lizardking's questions. I just downloaded your latest fork- all of 60 minutes old, and it looks like you all have fixed the push feature!

I have successfully pushed two different programs and they did not end up in a generic folder. I also found that pushing additional episodes of same (metadata) titled programs results in a new, properly titled folder. However, pushing a program with a seriesID that matches an existing TiVo recorded program, does not result in the pushed show folding with the existing one. Not a big deal.

Good job.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #2188
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf View Post
I have successfully pushed two different programs and they did not end up in a generic folder. I also found that pushing additional episodes of same (metadata) titled programs results in a new, properly titled folder. However, pushing a program with a seriesID that matches an existing TiVo recorded program, does not result in the pushed show folding with the existing one. Not a big deal.

Good job.
Interesting. So what exactly does it key off of in the metadata to create the grouping?

Jason
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #2189
ebf

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Interesting. So what exactly does it key off of in the metadata to create the grouping?
It looks like it uses seriesTitle for the folder and episodeTitle for the episode title. Description also transfers, but other metadata may not.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #2190
mosley

I have two Series 2 Tivo's comnnected to my network with PyTivo running. I can see each Tivo in the others NPL, but I cannot see any recordings. Is there a way to see the recordings on 1 Tivo from the other?