TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #2131
grogdamighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Post your conf file (make sure to black out your MAK,any passwords, and TSNs.)
This?
Quote:
[loggers]
keys = root

[handler_console]
formatter = basicform
class = StreamHandler
args = (sys.stdout,)

[handlers]
keys = console,rotfile

[Admin]
tivo_mak = **********
togo_path = C:\Users\********\Videos
type = admin

[handler_rotfile]
formatter = basicform
class = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
args = ('C:\Program Files (x86)\pyTivo\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files (x86)\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

[formatter_basicform]
class = logging.Formatter
format = %(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s

[logger_root]
handlers = console,rotfile
level = DEBUG

[Videos]
type = video
path = C:\Users\********\Videos

[formatters]
keys = basicform
Quote:
Also, how many network adapters do you have in your machine? If you have more than one active adapter (say from VMware or some non-standard networking setup) pyTivo can get confused about which adapter to use for sending the advertising broadcasts and you need to create a slightly more specific becon line.
So far as I know, there's only one network adapter in this system. Again, I never had any problems running pyTivo on this system when it was using XP, it's just since I installed Windows 7 (and from Googling, it seems like this is an inherited problem from Vista). This is a clean install, with nothing but Firefox, uTorrent, DVD Decrypter, and python/pyTivo installed.
grogdamighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #2132
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogdamighty View Post
So far as I know, there's only one network adapter in this system. Again, I never had any problems running pyTivo on this system when it was using XP, it's just since I installed Windows 7 (and from Googling, it seems like this is an inherited problem from Vista). This is a clean install, with nothing but Firefox, uTorrent, DVD Decrypter, and python/pyTivo installed.
Your Tivo is never contacting your pyTivo instance. Most likely because somehow it isn't receiving the beacons.

In your server section, try adding a beacon = tivo IP address line to the Server section of your conf file. That's what has fixed it in the past.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #2133
grogdamighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Your Tivo is never contacting your pyTivo instance. Most likely because somehow it isn't receiving the beacons.

In your server section, try adding a beacon = tivo IP address line to the Server section of your conf file. That's what has fixed it in the past.
That didn't work either.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #2134
grogdamighty

I posted my issue on a pre-existing thread on the pyTivo support forum in the hope of a solution.

(Had to post again because I didn't have enough posts to put a link)
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #2135
vitocorleone

I have pyTivo installed and it works great for videos (so far). However, if I try to publish a music or photos location in the config file, the TivoHD stops seeing ALL shares, including video (have to undo changes in config, restart service and reboot tivo just to get it to see the videos again).

TivoHD + pyTivo installed in Windows running as service + python 2.6.1

Any ideas? Thanks!
vitocorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 AM   #2136
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
I have pyTivo installed and it works great for videos (so far). However, if I try to publish a music or photos location in the config file, the TivoHD stops seeing ALL shares, including video (have to undo changes in config, restart service and reboot tivo just to get it to see the videos again).

TivoHD + pyTivo installed in Windows running as service + python 2.6.1

Any ideas? Thanks!
Maybe your music/photo share path contains a weird character that is throwing off the rest of the configuration? Try making a c:\photos folder and defining it as a share.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #2137
mathwhiz

I just started using pyTiVo - and want to work on enhancing it. I've noticed one issue so far. I have a Series 3 TiVo and use most of the default settings for video encoding except for forcing the fps to 29.97. When I am done watching videos that came from pyTiVo the audio is "muddy"/distorted on TiVo recorded shows until I press TiVo and that resets the audio buffers somehow (you can tell it's fixing something since the "bong" for going to TiVo central is distorted).

Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #2138
fred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwhiz View Post
I just started using pyTiVo - and want to work on enhancing it. I've noticed one issue so far. I have a Series 3 TiVo and use most of the default settings for video encoding except for forcing the fps to 29.97. When I am done watching videos that came from pyTiVo the audio is "muddy"/distorted on TiVo recorded shows until I press TiVo and that resets the audio buffers somehow (you can tell it's fixing something since the "bong" for going to TiVo central is distorted).

Thanks!
Hmmmmmm. I have periodic "sound issues" - kind of breaking up or like some metal has a slight rattle to it but never particularly associated it with downloads from pytivo. Now I will have to listen for it after downloads and see if it was pytivo downloads that created it or it was just an anomaly.
fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #2139
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Never heard of that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #2140
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

I've never had any audio issues related to pyTivo.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #2141
Iluvatar

Quote:

Thanks!
Do you have a Samsung or Sharp panel connected with HDMI? And would you say that the sounds are higher pitch than normal?
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #2142
Southcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
Do you have a Samsung or Sharp panel connected with HDMI? And would you say that the sounds are higher pitch than normal?
computer Codec issue perhaps?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #2143
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcross View Post
computer Codec issue perhaps?
Most users will be using the same version of FFMPEG (the one included in the package) so if this were the case everyone would experience it.

What I <think> it may be is something similar to what I have experience with pyTivo in the past and many users recently have experienced with Netflix on TiVo when using a certain TV setup. That being high pitched sounds (chipmunk like voices) and messed up TiVo system sounds after exiting the video.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #2144
Czachorski

I just downloaded this program and installed it, and found that it works real well, is easy to use, and a great utility. I just wanted to drop a note of thanks!
Czachorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #2145
mathwhiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
Yes - Samsung DLP RPTV (61") and yes with HDMI and yes a tad bit higher pitch. I also had to set the fps to 29.97 because when the TiVo switched fps I'd have to cycle the inputs on my TV to get the video back. I also need to figure out what to tweak so the videos don't get cropped on the edges when being displayed. (Any hints?)

Thanks!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #2146
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
I also need to figure out what to tweak so the videos don't get cropped on the edges when being displayed. (Any hints?)
http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/pad-the-v...mage-t104.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #2147
Iluvatar

Quote:
Yes - Samsung DLP RPTV (61") and yes with HDMI and yes a tad bit higher pitch. I also had to set the fps to 29.97 because when the TiVo switched fps I'd have to cycle the inputs on my TV to get the video back. I also need to figure out what to tweak so the videos don't get cropped on the edges when being displayed. (Any hints?)

Thanks!!
As to the sound problem (if its the one i'm thinking of) the only for sure solution for now was to change your connection from HDMI to Component. It seems to be a compatibility issue between the TV and TiVo.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #2148
mathwhiz

I'm not going to switch connections - seems odd though that all the TiVo shows work fine. It's not a big big deal, just a minor annoyance. It almost sounded like Iluvatar might know the problem and had a fix - not sure.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #2149
Iluvatar

Quote:
I'm not going to switch connections - seems odd though that all the TiVo shows work fine. It's not a big big deal, just a minor annoyance. It almost sounded like Iluvatar might know the problem and had a fix - not sure.
Sorry no known fix except changing cables or downloading alternate video sources. It primarily affects Sharp and Samsung panels (not all models) ( and a very few models from other manufacturers as well). You can verify it is this bug by trying Netflix streaming. 95% of all non-HD videos will have the same sound issues.

If it really is a TiVo issues I assume it will be fixed at some point as plenty of people have complained. If it is a TV issue then we are at the mercy of the manufacturers to issue a firmware upgrade for our panels.

Last edited by Iluvatar : 01-24-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #2150
Southcross

Looking at the bug tracker...it makes me laugh :laugh:
http://pytivo.armooo.net/query

anywaysies....

I don't know if this is a known bug, but sub-folders with symbols causes pyTivo to freak out starts embedding other shares inside the folder and not show the actual contents of said folder.
Folder name in question: "SPORTB. MOTOR POWERED SPORTS©" its auto-generated by my Podcast software
Old 01-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #2151
cherry ghost

This used to run fine for me on XP, but I can't seem to get it to work on my new Vista computer. Is there a specific version of Python I should use. I tried "Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.1)", but couldn't get things to work. Can't see my computer from the TiVo.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #2152
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
This used to run fine for me on XP, but I can't seem to get it to work on my new Vista computer. Is there a specific version of Python I should use. I tried "Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.1)", but couldn't get things to work. Can't see my computer from the TiVo.
I figured it out, firewall problem. My firewall was blocking some python.exe activity. A little tweaking and it's fixed.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #2153
mosley

PyTivo not working

Hi, I am new to pyTivo. I installed python, and pyTivo, and had it working pretty well for a while (and was loving it). Then out of nowhere, it stopped working.

When I double-click pyTivo.bat This is what I get and it just sits there.
Quote:
Checking to see if pyTivo is already running . . .

Starting pyTivo Server. Use ctrl+Break to exit.

C:\Program Files\pyTivo\Cheetah\CacheRegion.py:30: DeprecationWarning: the md5 m
odule is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5
2009-02-04 21:04:53,015 INFO pyTivo: pyTivo is ready.
C:\Program Files\pyTivo\Cheetah\Compiler.py:1508: UserWarning:
You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling Cheetah's us
eStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python version of NameMappe
r. You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C version of NameMapper.
"\nYou don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! "
192.168.1.106 - - [04/Feb/2009 21:04:53] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.100 - - [04/Feb/2009 21:04:53] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContaine
r&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
This is my pyTivo.conf file:
Quote:
[Server]
port=9032
ffmpeg=C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

[My Videos]
type=video
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\My Documents\My Videos

[Admin]
type=admin

[loggers]
keys=root

[handlers]
keys=console,rotfile

[formatters]
keys=basicform

[logger_root]
level=DEBUG
handlers=console,rotfile

[handler_console]
class=StreamHandler
formatter=basicform
args=(sys.stdout,)

[handler_rotfile]
class=logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
formatter=basicform
args=('C:\Program Files\pyTivo\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)

[formatter_basicform]
format=%(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s
class=logging.Formatter
Any Suggestions?
mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #2154
windracer
joined the 10k club

So it doesn't show up at the bottom of your Now Playing List on the TiVo?

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #2155
mosley

No its not. It was at one point though. To be honest, I think it stopped working when I connected my other Tivo to my network, and it is not showing up on either Now Playing List.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #2156
windracer
joined the 10k club

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the log snippet you posted. If you open your browser and go to http://localhost:9032, do you get the pyTiVo admin page? If so, that means it's running properly and maybe a firewall is blocking your TiVos from seeing the service on your PC?

|
Old 02-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #2157
mosley

Yup, Something happened in my firewall settings, dont know how. Its working now though. Thanks.

The Now Playing List is only showing up on one of my Tivo's, not the other. How do I get it on both Tivo's?
Old 02-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #2158
windracer
joined the 10k club

Try rebooting the TiVo I guess.

|
Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #2159
wgw

Is that a new avatar windracer? I'll miss the funny expression on your old avatar buddy.

Now wait a minute. You can't be that skinny with all those season passes to the food channel. Unless you've been trained to just look at food and not eat it. Tell us your secret.

wgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #2160
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgw View Post
Is that a new avatar windracer? I'll miss the funny expression on your old avatar buddy.
I changed it here a few months back (December '08). I still use the older (chubbier) one from December '07 on the pyTiVo forums and a few other places.

Quote:
Now wait a minute. You can't be that skinny with all those season passes to the food channel. Unless you've been trained to just look at food and not eat it. Tell us your secret.
Wii Fit, healthier foods, and more self-control since last summer. See the Wii Fit thread here for more.

|