TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #2071
fred2

I am trying to run Pytivo on TWO computers so that I can download files to my S3 tivo.

The older one is XP and the newer one is Vista HomePremium.

Oddly, when I go to my Tivo, I have seen the Vista's tivo.conf referenced files/folders (do you folks call them shares) and then in a flash, I see the ones from the XP and then vice versa! Finally, it settles down to one or the other but I'm not sure I see the rhyme or reason for which one prevails.

Can I funnel two computers to one tivo using Pytivo.

Another thing, the conversions from the Vista pc seem to stall. I can see the beginning of "Life" but then it stops. So I would guess I have the correct codec for conversion but maybe NOT????

Maybe I should ask separately but my Canon digital camera apparently produces "Motion JPEG" and gspot says that I have the codec. Window MP shows it as using "MainConcept Color Space Converter" Why would this not download to the Tivo or actually only show ZERO time and not display?

Thanks in advance
fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #2072
briankasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2 View Post
I am trying to run Pytivo on TWO computers so that I can download files to my S3 tivo.

The older one is XP and the newer one is Vista HomePremium.

Oddly, when I go to my Tivo, I have seen the Vista's tivo.conf referenced files/folders (do you folks call them shares) and then in a flash, I see the ones from the XP and then vice versa! Finally, it settles down to one or the other but I'm not sure I see the rhyme or reason for which one prevails.

Can I funnel two computers to one tivo using Pytivo.

Another thing, the conversions from the Vista pc seem to stall. I can see the beginning of "Life" but then it stops. So I would guess I have the correct codec for conversion but maybe NOT????

Maybe I should ask separately but my Canon digital camera apparently produces "Motion JPEG" and gspot says that I have the codec. Window MP shows it as using "MainConcept Color Space Converter" Why would this not download to the Tivo or actually only show ZERO time and not display?

Thanks in advance
This exact question was recently raised on the pyTivo discussion forums (http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/). rdian06 made the following suggestion:

Quote:
Who's fork version are you using? Older pyTivo versions use a fixed default guid. The newer forks choose a randomized guid on startup. The guid value is what the Tivos use to distinguish different instances of pyTivo.

The guid is a six digit number. You probably should define it for your two pyTivo instances rather than just letting it be random.

It belongs in the Server section of your pyTivo.conf. See:

http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/ConfigurepyTivo#guid
A "guid" is a "globally unique identifier", a number used to identify different instances of pyTivo. Try setting "guid" to two different values in the Server sections of your pyTivo.conf file as rdian06 suggested, and then restarting both instances of pyTivo.

-Polarweasel
briankasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #2073
fred2

Polarweasel:

Thanks, I will change one/both and see how that works. Now to figure out why stuff is not properly transcoding. Migrating from an older XP computer to a newer Vista computer is driving me to drink (which is not always bad). I am running into issues with my email program, too. Hair is already thin!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #2074
fred2

Polarweasel:

Thanks - both computers now show on the Tivo.

I recall discussion on ZERO "duration" from ages ago. I will see if I can find those doing a search.

Now, where do I find the HD photo "modules" that I had on my older computer?

Computer Migration is a PAIN!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #2075
briankasper

Quote:
Polarweasel:

Thanks - both computers now show on the Tivo.

I recall discussion on ZERO "duration" from ages ago. I will see if I can find those doing a search.

Now, where do I find the HD photo "modules" that I had on my older computer?

Computer Migration is a PAIN!
What version of pyTivo are you using? wmcbrine's branch has had his photo plugin built-in since something like February 2008. I think it's HD, but I'm not positive. All you have to do to use his plugin is install the Python Imaging Library (in addition to Python) and properly configure a "photos" share in your pytivo.conf file.

Check the page http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm and download the PIL installer that matches your version of Python. I think all you have to do then is run the installer. Once you've done that, configure a [photos] share pointing at the directory containing your photos. Again, I'm not 100% sure the built-in photos plugin supports HD resolutions by default, but it looks pretty good to me.

Finally, regarding your zero-duration video transfers -- I think you said the videos you're trying to transfer are from a Canon camera. If so, I'm having the same problem you are. For example, this morning I shot a 4-minute, 460MB video on my SD800IS and copied the AVI file to my pyTivo share. It showed up in my Now Playing List just fine, and I was able to start the transfer, but no data past 00:00 actually transferred.

I tried running "ffmpeg_mp2 -i <movie_file>, and ffmpeg seemed not to have any problems with the AVI, but apparently something goes wrong during the transcoding process. I started a process to convert the AVI to MPEG-2 earlier today, so hopefully by the time I get home it will be done.

I'm not very facile with the ffmpeg command-line parameters, but if I have time I'll muck about with the file to see if I can figure out what the failure mode is. It seems likely to be a video format problem.

-Polarweasel
Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #2076
fred2

I think I got the Python photo stuff this morning but have not had a chance to try it.

The zero duration videos are both canon short avi's and a Hauppauge TV card capture of the TV show "Life". They generally show up as mpeg2, I think but they have some screwy "opening frames" or header stuff that I trim to even view them on the computer, never mind the tivo.

I may post a separate question in the S3 forum on that issue.

Thanks for your assistance and if you learn anything I'd be happy to hear about it.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #2077
fred2

Oh, one more thing (for this moment) - in an earlier version of pytivo it was a SERVICE and did not occupy a Command Window (Win Vista, by the way). Any ideas of how to load it as a service again?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #2078
wtherrell

Question A new problem--wrinkle in Pytivo

Experimenting last night: Used Pytivo to transfer a file from THD Tivo to PC.
As soon as the file showed up in the PC file, I used s2 Tivo to transfer from PC to the S2. Run time showed as 1 hour. I started playing the file on the S2 only to find out that only 15 minutes had downloaded even though the download was supposedly complete. (Blue indicator had gone out). I went back and checked the file on the PC and it was only about 500 MB.
It looks like that if you start transferring a file from a Tivo to the PC using pyTivo and then start downloading the file from the PC to the other Tivo before the download to the PC is complete, the download to the Tivo will contain only the part that was on the PC when the download to the Tivo was started. I was able to duplicate this using 15, 30, and 45 minute intervals (Based on bytes downloaded) There seems to be no way for the receiving Tivo to know when the upload to the PC is complete. The only way I could get the complete show was to wait until the file had reached the approximate 2 GB point. When I waited until then, finally got the complete show downloaded..
Is this normal behavior for pyTivo? I would rather the file not show up in the available for download list until pyTivo has finished transfering it to the PC
Or perhaps there could be a blue indicator beside it in the menu to show that the upload to the PC was not yet complete so I would know not to start the download yet. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by wtherrell : 12-18-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Corrected a sentence mistake
wtherrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #2079
briankasper

Quote:
Oh, one more thing (for this moment) - in an earlier version of pytivo it was a SERVICE and did not occupy a Command Window (Win Vista, by the way). Any ideas of how to load it as a service again?
There's a webpage at the "pyTivo Wiki" website that talks about configuring pyTivo under Windows:

http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/WindowsInstall

You should read this page on general principles, but here's the specific bit from that page about starting pyTivo as a service:

Quote:
Setting pyTivo as a Windows Service

If you choose to download a compressed package you must download pywin32 to create the pyTivo service.

* pywin32 (only to install as a service for compressed package distribution)
o Version known to work -- from pyTivo download site.
o General SourceForge download site.

1. Download and install the pywin32 module of python. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
2. Start Menu->Run
3. Type "cmd" and hit enter
4. Change directory to base pyTivo directory (For example, type "cd C:\program files\pytivo")
5. Type "pyTivoService.py --startup auto install"
For the record, the fact that pyTivo can run as a service is the single most important reason I use it. I'm not always logged in to my PC, so I need my media server to start up when Windows starts. TiVo Desktop can't do this, and neither can Audio Faucet. I vaguely remember that Galleon can run as a service, but I've been happy enough with pyTivo that I haven't had the energy to try Galleon for several years.

The entire pyTivo Wiki site (http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki) is fairly informative (in fact the information there appears to be canonical).

Another good site is the pyTivo Discussion Forums site: http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/.

-Polarweasel

Last edited by briankasper : 12-18-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Needed to clarify that referenced page only refers to pyTivo under Windows
Old 12-20-2008, 12:30 AM   #2080
tim_ver

Ok so I just download and install this: # Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.1) (sig)

And then just put files in a folder to view on Tivo?

Is it that easy or a little more to it? Need some help.

Also I have Vista 64 so want to make sure I d/l the correct one.

Thanks
tim_ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:15 AM   #2081
briankasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcross View Post
sorry for the newb question... but is there a "recomended" minimum system to run a pyTivo server? This might be the solution I've been looking for
I don't think there really is an official "minimum system". I'm running it on a Windows XP system with an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1800 MHz) CPU and 1GB of RAM, and it works fine. My computer slows down quite a bit for interactive users when pyTivo is transcoding a video file, but we just live with that.

To my mind, the biggest concern is your CPU -- video transcoding takes a lot of CPU horsepower. In fact, ffmpeg will use all the CPU cycles it can get, so when pyTivo has to convert a file it's sending to a TiVo, my system CPU usage pegs at 100%.

pyTivo should run, and convert videos, on pretty much any system. The main problem if your CPU isn't grunty enough will be that you won't be able to transcode videos fast enough to watch them in real time on your TiVo.

Sorry I can't be more informative. What CPU do you have, what OS are you running, and how much system RAM do you have?

-Polarweasel
Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #2082
briankasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ver View Post
Ok so I just download and install this: # Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.1) (sig)

And then just put files in a folder to view on Tivo?

Is it that easy or a little more to it? Need some help.

Also I have Vista 64 so want to make sure I d/l the correct one.

Thanks
Go to this page: http://pytivo.armooo.net/

Click on the "Installation" link for your operating system (Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, Linksys NSLU2). You're running Vista64, so you should click on "Windows". I've never installed pyTivo on either a 64-bit OS or on Vista, so you may have problems with which I'm not familiar, but it *should* work.

Follow the instructions you find there.

The installation instructions have become a bit more complicated of late, as rdian06 has supplied new versions of the Windows installer that install updated versions of the two "forks" (parallel development branches) of pyTivo (thanks, rdian06!). These two installers can be found here:

wgw's fork: pyTivo-wgw-2008.10.15-RC1.zip http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/download.php?id=114

wmcbrine's fork: pyTivo-wmcbrine-2008.08.20-RC1.zip http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/download.php?id=115

Either should work.

For help on how to configure pyTivo, go to this page: http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/ConfigurepyTivo

-Polarweasel
Old 12-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #2083
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankasper View Post
I don't think there really is an official "minimum system". I'm running it on a Windows XP system with an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1800 MHz) CPU and 1GB of RAM, and it works fine.
If you ask me, nothing "runs" on any computer under Windows. And to the OP, the answer of course is the minimum requirement is a 48 core 50 THz system with a 2000 TB RAID 60 drive array and 800G of RAM running under a radically optimized Linux kernel.

Speaking seriously, briancasper's comments are pretty much on the money. I happen to be running pyTiVo on a 3.0Ghz dual core AMD Athlon 64 under Debian "Lenny" Linux with 8G of RAM and a 160G system drive. The videos are all kept on an 8TB RAID 6 array. Since essentially all my videos were recorded from TiVos in the first place, adn since all my TiVos are Series III class, the system never has to do any transcoding, at all. If the particular content being transferred does not require transcoding, then the CPU utilization is quite, quite low. On the few occasions I have transferred content which did require transcoding, the CPU utilization was not pegged, but then for the time being at least I don't ever transcode HD content. If all you are doing is transferring TiVo-friendly download content, then you won't need much at all in terms of either CPU horsepower or RAM. Hard drive space is of course another matter. HD content can easily gulp down more than 10GB per hour of recording. In addition, transferring very high bandwidth HD content (more than 17 Mbps on average) can be very challenging for the system, even without transcoding. If you are going to transfer much in the way of high bandwidth HD, and it needs transcoding, I suggest you transcode the file prior to transferring it, pyTivo's ability to transcode on the fly notwithstanding.

Quote:
My computer slows down quite a bit for interactive users when pyTivo is transcoding a video file, but we just live with that.
This, along with quite a few other reasons is why I prefer a dedicated video / file server. Not that the machine I am using would suffer too greatly from the added stress of just pyTiVo, but the server does nothing but... serve. Since it can do so with peaks exceeding 450Mbps, it has no problem at all serving videos to a handful of TiVos and user workstations. (I often edit and transfer videos from my workstation while programs are downloading to one or more TiVos).
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #2084
briankasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
If you ask me, nothing "runs" on any computer under Windows.
Surprisingly, I find myself disagreeing with you. I've quite a bit of experience with different operating systems, and I have to give Microsoft credit, Windows 2000 was actually their first decent general-use OS. Windows XP is even a nontrivial improvement over Win2000.

I'd prefer the reliability, security, true multiuser functionality, and ease of remote access of one of the Unixen, but since stuff like Python is available under Windows, I can live with it. We only have one system at home, and my wife and kids need to run some Windows-specific software, so for us the path of least resistance is to run Windows.

Quote:
And to the OP, the answer of course is the minimum requirement is a 48 core 50 THz system with a 2000 TB RAID 60 drive array and 800G of RAM running under a radically optimized Linux kernel.
What? No petabyte holographic qubit storage? Ah well, we can always dream.

Quote:
Speaking seriously, briancasper's comments are pretty much on the money. I happen to be running pyTiVo on a 3.0Ghz dual core AMD Athlon 64 under Debian "Lenny" Linux with 8G of RAM and a 160G system drive. The videos are all kept on an 8TB RAID 6 array.
Please excuse me while I wipe the drool off my monitor ....

Quote:
Since essentially all my videos were recorded from TiVos in the first place, adn since all my TiVos are Series III class, the system never has to do any transcoding, at all. If the particular content being transferred does not require transcoding, then the CPU utilization is quite, quite low. On the few occasions I have transferred content which did require transcoding, the CPU utilization was not pegged, but then for the time being at least I don't ever transcode HD content. If all you are doing is transferring TiVo-friendly download content, then you won't need much at all in terms of either CPU horsepower or RAM. Hard drive space is of course another matter. HD content can easily gulp down more than 10GB per hour of recording. In addition, transferring very high bandwidth HD content (more than 17 Mbps on average) can be very challenging for the system, even without transcoding. If you are going to transfer much in the way of high bandwidth HD, and it needs transcoding, I suggest you transcode the file prior to transferring it, pyTivo's ability to transcode on the fly notwithstanding.
You make several very good points here. How do you transcode files by hand? Just run ffmpeg with the appropriate options from the command line? We have a mix of stuff downloaded from our S3 and videos in other formats; I occasionally use SUPER, which is a GUI frontend for mencoder and ffmpeg, to convert videos to MPG for serving to our TiVo, but I've never mucked around with it enough to make 100% sure I have the framerate, bitrate, etc. exactly correct so the videos don't have to be transcoded on the fly.

Quote:
This, along with quite a few other reasons is why I prefer a dedicated video / file server. Not that the machine I am using would suffer too greatly from the added stress of just pyTiVo, but the server does nothing but... serve. Since it can do so with peaks exceeding 450Mbps, it has no problem at all serving videos to a handful of TiVos and user workstations. (I often edit and transfer videos from my workstation while programs are downloading to one or more TiVos).
I'm not able to do anything CPU-intensive when a video is being transcoded to our S3. At present, we're *just* able to get by with a single-CPU system for combined general use and video serving, and I sometimes have to play with relative process priorities to make that happen. I've had my motherboard and CPU for something like 6-7 years, so a computer upgrade is definitely in our immediate future. I'll be going with a quad-core 64-bit CPU, but we'll unfortunately still be running 32-bit Windows, as it works just well enough that I can't justify the potential problems of upgrading the OS.

-Polarweasel
Old 12-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #2085
dlfl
Cranky old novice

metadata output from pyTivoMetaGen.exe

If you use pyTivoMetaGen and have a preference about the handling of the Title item for series episodes, take a look at this post on the pyTivo forum.

Post your desires either there or here.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #2086
Southcross

Quote:
I don't think there really is an official "minimum system". I'm running it on a Windows XP system with an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1800 MHz) CPU and 1GB of RAM, and it works fine. My computer slows down quite a bit for interactive users when pyTivo is transcoding a video file, but we just live with that.
thanks for the info.... I just installed it today (and have already started a mental wish list of enhancements).

Right now its being run on a Windows box... Core2Duo 1.8ghz, 2GB ram, 1.5TB storage... so far runs like a champ and blows the standard tivo software out of the water. Only failure i've had so far was with a RealPlayer .RM video, otherwise it transferred every file I tried so far.

I'm wondering if I could use any of the other machines I have (I have many collecting dust) just to serve files... maybe even just pre-converted/.tivo files. Several PII and a handful of PIII/Celeron machines... RAM ranging from 384MB to 1GB.

Edit... ok, have to add a comment from pulling my hair out for about 1/2 hour now... "music"
There is no confirmation/viewable share via the pyTiVo interface that your music share is there, working, what its sharing... it wasn't until I looked out of curriousity that I saw "my music" listed in the "music, pics, etc" section of the Tivo. Seemed a touch counter intuitive

Last edited by Southcross : 12-26-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Southcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #2087
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcross View Post
Edit... ok, have to add a comment from pulling my hair out for about 1/2 hour now... "music"
There is no confirmation/viewable share via the pyTiVo interface that your music share is there, working, what its sharing... it wasn't until I looked out of curriousity that I saw "my music" listed in the "music, pics, etc" section of the Tivo. Seemed a touch counter intuitive
That's nothing pyTivo can control. It's just where Tivo choose to place it.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #2088
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

I find myself using pytivo for videos, but still using (the Mac version of) Tivo Desktop for my music and photo sharing. Tivo's software handles my iTunes playlists and the like, which I find handy.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #2089
Southcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
That's nothing pyTivo can control. It's just where Tivo choose to place it.
I'm talking about the built in interface http://localhost:9032 that is pyTiVo controlled its not listed as a "share" like the video shares

Another "bug"? Unless its already a known issue that I just haven't see in the 70+ pages to this thread LOL!

I get a "no option" error when I try to push a video
Code:
No option 'tivo_username' in section: 'Server'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\pyTivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 484, in Push
    m = mind.getMind()
  File "C:\pyTivo\mind.py", line 259, in getMind
    username = config.getTivoUsername()
  File "C:\pyTivo\config.py", line 39, in getTivoUsername
    return config.get('Server', 'tivo_username')
  File "C:\Python26\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 540, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)
NoOptionError: No option 'tivo_username' in section: 'Server'
I assume I need to set an option somewhere?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #2090
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Only the video shares are listed there because the only purpose of that listing is to allow the use of the push feature, which doesn't apply to music or photos.

Push requires the username and password that you use on tivo.com.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #2091
vinman

posted this on the pytivo board but since this seems active i guess ill put here as well, any help would be appreciated

Been using Pytivo for awhile on older computer for awhile but that one had issues so i am trying to install it now on newer Vista box. I downloaded the latest version pyTivo-wgw-2008.10.15-RC1.exe and installed Python 2.61 version. It seemed to install fine. i put the folders like i had them on old server (my conf file is below) and when i go to the tivos i can see the My Video My TV folders but when i select them they are empty? there seems to be alot more options in this conf file then the old one so not sure if im missing some other config i need to change. Any help is appreciated

thx
Vinman

[loggers]
keys = root

[handler_rotfile]
formatter = basicform
class = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
args = ('C:\Program Files\pyTivo\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)

[handler_console]
formatter = basicform
class = StreamHandler
args = (sys.stdout,)

[My Videos]
type = video
path = \\Nas-01-ba-5a\media\Videos\Movies

[My TV]
type = video
path = \\Nas-01-ba-5a\media\Videos\TV

[Admin]
tivo_mak = XXXXXXX
togo_path = C:\downloads\stuff
type = admin

[handlers]
keys = console,rotfile

[formatters]
keys = basicform

[formatter_basicform]
class = logging.Formatter
format = %(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s

[logger_root]
handlers = console,rotfile
level = DEBUG

[Server]
port = 9032
hack83 = true
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #2092
Southcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Only the video shares are listed there because the only purpose of that listing is to allow the use of the push feature, which doesn't apply to music or photos.

Push requires the username and password that you use on tivo.com.
ahh... gotcha! seems to be working now
Old 12-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #2093
Clusty

Is there another good XML-metadata site for movies? Movie-xml.com isn't working.
Clusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #2094
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusty View Post
Is there another good XML-metadata site for movies? Movie-xml.com isn't working.
Yes, Netflix has an API that allows you free access to their XML database. This plus TheMovieDB and IVA are used by pyTivoMetagenerator. If your OS is Windows you should try it.

and
Old 12-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #2095
PaulS

Never mind. Dlfl beat me to it.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #2096
dlfl
Cranky old novice

New version of pyTivoMetaGen - 0.36

I've added a check box to set whether the episode # and episode name are incorporated into the title item for series episodes.

Follow the link in my signature to download. Be sure to uninstall any previous version.

and
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #2097
wgw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Well, I could understand wantingto have the season and episode there, but having just the minor episode number seems totally pointless. I definitely vote for having the ability to remove it entirely, whether optionally or not. It seems to me if it is to be optional, though, then the only option that makes sense is the ability to have the season and episode both appear.
That's the way the tivo provides the episode number, season+episode. I'd recommend that any metagenerator do the same. I agree, putting the episode number in the metadata without the season is pointless.

wgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:49 PM   #2098
wgw

I've started a new thread for different pyTivo video templates which can be used to replace the template included with your favorite version of pytivo. These allow for metadata to be displayed in different formats on the TiVo.

http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/pytivo-vi...ates-t618.html

wgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #2099
AZ_Tivo

I am trying to install this on a new Vista machine (logged in as admin). But when I try http://localhost:9032/ I get page cannot be displayed. Also, I cannot stop service from program. I can stop it from the services console. Some basic permission issue here?

When I stop the service from services and go into console I see the error message. It says name 'logging' is not defined. I am enclosing a screenshot. Can someone help please?

EDIT : Uninstalled Python 2.5 & 3.0 and installed 2.6 with pytivo again. That took care of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pytivo.jpg (35.5 KB, 28 views)

TiVo HD-1TB Internal + Lifetime
TiVo S2-400 Hours + Lifetime

Last edited by AZ_Tivo : 01-03-2009 at 11:41 AM.
AZ_Tivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #2100
AZ_Tivo

Now that ptivo is running fine on my new vista box, I am trying to modify the config for me SD tivo and HD tivo. Can someone tell if this looks ok?

[Server]
port=9032
ffmpeg=C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

[My Videos]
type=video
path=D:\MyMovies

[Admin]
type=admin

[loggers]
keys=root

[handlers]
keys=console,rotfile

[formatters]
keys=basicform

[logger_root]
level=DEBUG
handlers=console,rotfile

[handler_console]
class=StreamHandler
formatter=basicform
args=(sys.stdout,)

[handler_rotfile]
class=logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
formatter=basicform
args=('C:\Program Files\pyTivo\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)

[formatter_basicform]
format=%(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s
class=logging.Formatter

[_tivo_HD]
aspect169=True
audio_br=384K
video_br=8192
width=1920
height=1080
ffmpeg_prams= -vcodec mpeg2video -b %(video_br)s -maxrate %(max_video_br)s -bufsize %(buff_size)s %

(aspect_ratio)s -comment pyTivo.py -ab %(audio_br)s %(audio_fr)s %(audio_codec)s -f vob -

[_tivo_SD1]
aspect169=True
audio_br=192K
video_br=4096K
width=544
height=480
ffmpeg_prams= -vcodec mpeg2video -r 29.97 -b %(video_br)s -maxrate %(max_video_br)s -bufsize %(buff_size)s

%(aspect_ratio)s -comment pyTivo.py -ab %(audio_br)s %(audio_fr)s %(audio_codec)s -f vob -

TiVo HD-1TB Internal + Lifetime
TiVo S2-400 Hours + Lifetime
AZ_Tivo is offline   Reply With Quote