TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #1741
PeteTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCephus View Post
Just released:

fixed bug(s)
-fixed searches with apostrophes
-fixed movieYear not writing to metadata file
This doesn't seem to do anything different... the movieYear doesn't show up.

Does this require a special version of pyTivo? If so, could you please post a link to a .zip or .tar file?

Thanks.
PeteTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:12 AM   #1742
Danimal4326

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteTV View Post
This doesn't seem to do anything different... the movieYear doesn't show up.

Does this require a special version of pyTivo? If so, could you please post a link to a .zip or .tar file?

Thanks.
Yes, you need the latest beta version..

Download the latest snapshot from http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo/wgw.git
Danimal4326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #1743
MasterCephus

I think that you have to NOT have originalAirDate and you HAVE to have movieYear for mpaaRating to actually work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #1744
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
I think that you have to NOT have originalAirDate and you HAVE to have movieYear for mpaaRating to actually work.
Correct. However, my patch to handle mpaaRating automatically suppresses originalAirDate when movieYear is defined. So you have to define movieYear to get mpaaRating, but you don't have to worry about originalAirDate per se.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #1745
PeteTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal4326 View Post
Yes, you need the latest beta version..

Download the latest snapshot from http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo/wgw.git
OK... I've upgrade... but it looks like the problem I was having isn't related to the version I was using, it's because I'm also trying to use "starRating". I didn't notice the error before, but now I see the following:

Code:
  File "/usr/local/pyTivo-2008-01-24-wgw/plugins/video/video.py", line 181, in TVBusQuery
    handler.wfile.write(t)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/socket.py", line 255, in write
    data = str(data) # XXX Should really reject non-string non-buffers
  File "/usr/local/pyTivo-2008-01-24-wgw/Cheetah/Template.py", line 990, in __str__
    def __str__(self): return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
  File "_usr_local_pyTivo_2008_01_24_wgw_plugins_video_templates_TvBus_tmpl.py", line 214, in respond
IndexError: string index out of range
Is "starRating" supported? I'm just using a number (eg. "starRating : 6") in the .txt file. Does it need to be something else?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #1746
MasterCephus

no. I think there was a problem. Get the latest version (1.3.0.5) and it should fix that problem. It's supposed to be "starRating : x6"

The latest version is found in my signature.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #1747
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The format for starRating requires another character before the number:

starRating: x6

(or a full tuple, but let's not go into that).
Old 01-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #1748
PeteTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The format for starRating requires another character before the number:

starRating: x6

(or a full tuple, but let's not go into that).
Thanks... that did the trick.

It certainly would be helpful if there was a little (I hate to use the word "Documentation") README.meta included in the distribution that shows what keywords are supported and the correct format for each value.

Also in the case of things like mpaaRating, starRating, tvRating, showingBits, where the value is a code, some kind of mapping of the code to the value displayed by the TiVo. (eg, "mpaaRating : P4" == "Rated R").

The README.meta doesn't need to be a complete document about Metadata... just a list of the keywords, values and code mappings.

I realize http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/MetaData shows some information about the available keywords, but it isn't complete (nothing about mpaaRating, starRating, movieYear) and even for some of the keywords it does include, there's not much detail (eg. showingBits).

Including a README.meta with the actual distribution would be better because it could be modified as new fields are supported and/or more details are discovered. It also means the user would know what keywords are supported based on the version they have.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #1749
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Need help installing PyTivo: when I try to run Pytivo I get:
C:\Program Files\pyTivo>run pyTivo.py
'run' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have XP SP2
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #1750
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
C:\Program Files\pyTivo>run pyTivo.py
'run' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Try "python pyTivo.py". You're taking the README too literally. Where it says "run pyTivo.py", it doesn't mean "type 'run pyTivo.py'"; it means "follow the procedure that constitutes running 'pyTivo.py'". (There are several ways -- you could open a command-line window, or you could use Windows' "Run" command. On a Unix system, you could start it like "./pyTivo.py". You could also start it from a GUI by clicking on the pyTivo.py icon. Etc.)
Old 01-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #1751
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Try "python pyTivo.py". You're taking the README too literally. Where it says "run pyTivo.py", it doesn't mean "type 'run pyTivo.py'"; it means "follow the procedure that constitutes running 'pyTivo.py'". (There are several ways -- you could open a command-line window, or you could use Windows' "Run" command. On a Unix system, you could start it like "./pyTivo.py". You could also start it from a GUI by clicking on the pyTivo.py icon. Etc.)
OK I did that, when I am trying to install it as a Service it says 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file, When I just click on the pyTivoService.py it still does not install as a Service.

I did install python.
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #1752
thczv

Video Doesn't Transfer

I had PyTivo working just fine, but I decided to make it better by installing a newer version that would support music playlists. So I installed wmcbrine's latest version. Now some things work and others don't.

As to video, pytivo looks like it is working. The server is up, and I can browse videos. When I choose one, it gives me the option to transfer it. I tell it to transfer the video, and then I tell it to play the video. But it immediately says I need to wait for more video to transfer. No video ever transfers.

As to music, if I choose individual mp3 files, they play just fine. Pytivo also sees my playlists, and I can choose to play them. When I try to play playlists, it shows the name of the song, but no music ever plays.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave
thczv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #1753
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thczv View Post
Any ideas?
Not without more information. Like, what are you seeing in the pyTivo window when these problems occur? (Error messages?) And you might need to post your pyTivo.conf... maybe a problem playlist...

P.S. When you say my latest version, I assume you mean the one from the "snapshot" link nearest the top of the page here, and not just the last one I posted to this thread? (I guess I should post another...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique
OK I did that, when I am trying to install it as a Service it says 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file, When I just click on the pyTivoService.py it still does not install as a Service.
ISTR that Python doesn't add itself to the PATH when you install it. You'd have to do that manually, or use the full path when invoking it.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 01-27-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #1754
thczv

Quote:
Not without more information. Like, what are you seeing in the pyTivo window when these problems occur? (Error messages?) And you might need to post your pyTivo.conf... maybe a problem playlist...

P.S. When you say my latest version, I assume you mean the one from the "snapshot" link nearest the top of the page here, and not just the last one I posted to this thread? (I guess I should post another...)
Right. I mean the latest version from the snapshot at the top of that page.

I have attached two files, one showing all the text from the pyTivo window when the playlist didn't work. I don't notice any obvious error messages.

The forum wouldn't let me attach my pyTivo.conf file, but I am including the text of it below.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Dave

[Server]
aspect169 = false
ffmpeg = h:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe
port = 9032
debug=true

[Thczv]
type = video
path = g:\Video

[MP3]
type = music
path = h:\MP3

[Playlists]
type = music
path = h:\MP3\- Playlists
Attached Files
File Type: txt Window.txt (1.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #1755
wgw

The recent update with "Recurse=Yes" in the title seems to have introduced a problem, perhaps one that only effects Windows. Try downloading a snapshot below that.

wgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #1756
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
The forum wouldn't let me attach my pyTivo.conf file,
You can attach any type of file by zipping it up first. Or, in this case, just renaming it to ".txt".

Quote:
[MP3]
type = music
path = h:\MP3

[Playlists]
type = music
path = h:\MP3\- Playlists
OK, you can't have your MP3's and Playlists in separate shares; it won't work. (You can navigate to "- Playlists" -- is that really the name? -- from within the MP3 share, and they should work then.)

Now, how about the video problem?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #1757
thczv

Quote:
OK, you can't have your MP3's and Playlists in separate shares; it won't work. (You can navigate to "- Playlists" -- is that really the name? -- from within the MP3 share, and they should work then.)
I started out with a single MP3 share, of which the "- Playlists" folder is a subfolder (naming it that way places it near the top alphabetically, so I don't have to scroll all the way down to "P"). I changed it to have playlists as a separate share just to make sure I wasn't having a problem with subfolders (which I had before with video).

Thanks to your advice I know not to have a separate share for playlists. But for the record, my playlists fail in exactly the same way whether or not they are in a separate share.

Quote:
Now, how about the video problem?
I don't claim to understand this stuff well enough to say for sure. But I am not convinced that my video problem and my playlist problem don't have the same cause. In both cases my tivo acts like it is playing the files, though they don't play.

Dave
Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #1758
thczv

Quote:
I don't claim to understand this stuff well enough to say for sure. But I am not convinced that my video problem and my playlist problem don't have the same cause. In both cases my tivo acts like it is playing the files, though they don't play.
So much for that idea. Following wgw's advice, I switched to an earlier snapshot (the one with the comment "Pointless variable"), and my video started working again. However, my playlists did not start working.

Here is an interesting twist, though: I noticed that on my Series 2 Tivo I can play plain mp3s, even though I can't play playlists. But on my Tivo HD I can't play mp3s OR playlists.

Very strange.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #1759
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Here is an interesting twist, though: I noticed that on my Series 2 Tivo I can play plain mp3s, even though I can't play playlists. But on my Tivo HD I can't play mp3s OR playlists.
Hmm... I hate to say this, but try rebooting the Tivo.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #1760
MasterCephus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteTV View Post
Thanks... that did the trick.

It certainly would be helpful if there was a little (I hate to use the word "Documentation") README.meta included in the distribution that shows what keywords are supported and the correct format for each value.

Also in the case of things like mpaaRating, starRating, tvRating, showingBits, where the value is a code, some kind of mapping of the code to the value displayed by the TiVo. (eg, "mpaaRating : P4" == "Rated R").

The README.meta doesn't need to be a complete document about Metadata... just a list of the keywords, values and code mappings.

I realize http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/MetaData shows some information about the available keywords, but it isn't complete (nothing about mpaaRating, starRating, movieYear) and even for some of the keywords it does include, there's not much detail (eg. showingBits).

Including a README.meta with the actual distribution would be better because it could be modified as new fields are supported and/or more details are discovered. It also means the user would know what keywords are supported based on the version they have.
I might do that...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #1761
shredhead

At least I am not the only one having issues with playlists....

Mine fails whether they are in their own share or inside my mp3 folder. But mine is a DirecTivo unit.
shredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #1762
thczv

Quote:
Hmm... I hate to say this, but try rebooting the Tivo.
That fixed the MP3 problem on my Tivo HD. Thanks. No luck yet on the playlists.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #1763
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
That fixed the MP3 problem on my Tivo HD. Thanks. No luck yet on the playlists.
Yeah, that's what I expected. The HMO music player gets munged up after a while, and just won't play*. As for your playlist problem, I'd bet that it's the same as shredhead's... but I have no idea what it is.

* This seems to happen more quickly the more often you skip out of tracks before they're finished. But I'm not sure whether there's anything I can do about that.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #1764
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgw View Post
The recent update with "Recurse=Yes" in the title seems to have introduced a problem, perhaps one that only effects Windows.
Yes. Sorry about that.

I got it fixed for Windows, but somehow broke it for Linux in the process. Back to the drawing board...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #1765
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Big Grin Thanks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
Try changing ffmpeg=C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\pyTivo
to ffmpeg=C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\pyTivo\plugins\video\ffmpeg_mp2.exe

I don't think setting the beacon to the IP address of your Tivo is necessary, I'd also try it without that line.

You need to open port 9032. There are different ways to open the port depending on what flavor of Windows you have. If you read the other mega-thread in this forum on Tivo.NET, there is a command line method to open the port, here is a link to the command line method.
You know, in the end, if I had followed the sage advice, and done things right the first time..... PLUS had patience.

So, pyTiVo ended-up working for me, AND I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone about it. My biggest issue was the "ffmpeg" file path issue. I had no problems it turns out with Networking or other problems. After restarting the service, pyTivo and the TiVo box itself, it just took a bit of time for stuff to start appearing in "My Now Playing List". My Computer is not a power box, so....

Again, thank you all for the help.... I've already moved over to the new forum, and I'll follow all the discussion over there, especially as I plan to get an HD Tivo this year, and plan to upgrade to a dedicated Media Center PC.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #1766
thczv

Quote:
As for your playlist problem, I'd bet that it's the same as shredhead's... but I have no idea what it is.
I went over to the pyTivo discussion forum to see what issues shredhead is having. Maybe I am misunderstanding them (probably likely), but his issues seem a little different than mine. I never get any errors when I try to play playlists, at least not on the tivo and not on the pyTivo window. My tivo acts exactly like it is playing the playlist, except that music doesn't actually play and the green progress bar never advances beyond 0:00. Maybe if I left it going long enough I would get some kind of error.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #1767
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMark View Post
I am ready to type "Import HME"!
Enjoy.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #1768
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Thanks, you are amazing. That was fast.

I promise to beta test the daylights out of it.
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #1769
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
I got it fixed for Windows, but somehow broke it for Linux in the process.
OK, I take this back -- my fix was good, and I've pushed it to my repository now. The problem was just the way I was testing -- switching back and forth between different machines with the same content -- seemed to confuse my Tivo. This shouldn't be a problem for normal users, and I don't think it's related to the recent changes.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 AM   #1770
zag2me

Quote:
Just released:

fixed bug(s)
-fixed searches with apostrophes
-fixed movieYear not writing to metadata file

added feature(s)
-updating file version to current release
-user can now see version number in the About form
-updated the large series ID database to handle

removed feature(s)
-removed the ability to choose between a small seriesID DB and a large one
---
To download, click the link on my signature.
Thanks for updating it, this program has been causing lots of 404 errors on my site!

If anyone is using the plugin for movies, can they help out with the movie-xml site, just register and help keep the data current. It helps out everyone.
zag2me is offline   Reply With Quote