TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #541
khermans

Armooo's site is down. I want to try this on Linux. Does anyone have the latest ZIP file? All googling results in no files on any other host. And btw, we should get this code up on sourceforge so that this doesn't happen again...

Please someone post the latest ZIP file ASAP and/or email me with a working link!
--
Kristian Hermansen
khermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #542
cyclone

Latest version

I believe this is the latest version: pyTivo-201.zip

Note - I've never used that upload site, i don't know how reliable or intrusive it is - it appears you need to click "Next Page" several times to get to the actual download.

Bill
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #543
dave843

Will this transcode audio files?

I pointed it at a directory of .flac audio files, and the list does not show up on my tivo. According to the ffmpeg website, it should be able to work.

However, I have noticed that the transcode.py is only in the plugins/video directory.
dave843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #544
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused

pyTivo ZIPs

Sorry guys it is a late night for me here. But I have uploaded the latest 2 builds, I dont know what the build number is up to ufortunately. Hopefully armooo will pay his hosting bill and we can get the site back up soon

Seriously though, Armooo, I hope you are doing alright.

I don't know what it is with transcoding developers, we lost pipakin for a while too. I am slightly worried what is going to happen to me next.

Kevin

PYTIVO Temporary Downloads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A python real time video transcoding server for TiVo.
KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #545
Deadpan Science

I'm trying to watch an avi on my tivo using pytivo. The video and audio are transcoded beautifully, except that it seems like the video is a little too big for my screen, which results in words getting cut off of the subtitles on the left hand side, and the lower line in the subtitle is sometimes half-in/half-out of the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to make the video slightly smaller and if so what is it?
Deadpan Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #546
ocntscha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKeegan
Seriously though, Armooo, I hope you are doing alright.

I don't know what it is with transcoding developers, we lost pipakin for a while too. I am slightly worried what is going to happen to me next.
Hmm, yes why is it that people suddenly start vanishing, getting peculiar illnesses or what not when they start infringing on the Tivo Desktop plus turf. Reads like a possible episode of the Sopranos.
ocntscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #547
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpan Science
I'm trying to watch an avi on my tivo using pytivo. The video and audio are transcoded beautifully, except that it seems like the video is a little too big for my screen, which results in words getting cut off of the subtitles on the left hand side, and the lower line in the subtitle is sometimes half-in/half-out of the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to make the video slightly smaller and if so what is it?
Does this happen just on one particular video, or type of video? If it happens on all videos it sounds like your TV has too much overscan. Otherwise you could post your pyTivo.conf file and a copy-paste of the info that ffmpeg spits out in the command window when it starts transcoding.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #548
Iluvatar

Quote:
I have this problem with certain 4:3 video files with subtitles (such as subbed anime). I have fixed the problem by modifying the 'transcode.py' file to pad all the sides.

I changed:

Code:
  if (rwidth, rheight) in [(4, 3), (10, 11), (15, 11), (59, 54), (59, 72), (59, 36), (59, 54)]:
        debug_write(['select_aspect: File is within 4:3 list.\n'])
        return ['-aspect', '4:3', '-s', str(TIVO_WIDTH) + 'x' + str(TIVO_HEIGHT)]
to read

Code:
  if (rwidth, rheight) in [(4, 3), (10, 11), (15, 11), (59, 54), (59, 72), (59, 36), (59, 54)]:
        debug_write(['select_aspect: File is within 4:3 list.\n'])
        return ['-aspect', '4:3', '-s', '680' + 'x' + '440', '-padtop', '20', '-padbottom', '20', '-padleft', '20', '-padright', '20']
This fixed the problem perfectly for my 27" 4:3 television.

I have attached the 'transcode.py' to the message if you want to use it (its based off of pytivo subfolder branch v.201) You need to replace the .txt extension with .py You may have to restart your Tivo.
Attached Files
File Type: txt transcode.txt (13.5 KB, 16 views)
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #549
dlfl
Cranky old novice

@ Deadpan Science

Iluvatar's code looks good. It is correct if you have selected width=720 and height=480 as your desired parameters in pyTivo.conf.

To make it more general use:
Code:
return ['-aspect', '4:3', '-s', str(TIVO_WIDTH - 40) + 'x' + str(TIVO_HEIGHT - 40), '-padtop', '20', '-padbottom', '20', '-padleft', '20', '-padright', '20']
This will give you the final width and height as specified by the config file and the 20 pixel padding all around. Presumably some TiVo's need width set to another value, e.g. 544, the default value, for good operation.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #550
steve1968

I've installed pyTIVO, and it's working great...but I did have a question I hope someone can answer.

I previously installed Tivo.Net, and although it worked, it didn't allow for multiple folders (in the sense that I want to navigate through a folder tree to find movies). I was told that pyTIVO supported this, but I'm having the same issues....I see the folders, but they are all blank.

Has anyone else gotten multiple folder trees to work with pyTIVO?

Thanks....
Steve
steve1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #551
Stu_Bee

I have no problem with multiple one-level deep folders. I haven't tried anything deeper than that.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 AM   #552
buffalova

Quote:
I previously installed Tivo.Net, and although it worked, it didn't allow for multiple folders (in the sense that I want to navigate through a folder tree to find movies). I was told that pyTIVO supported this, but I'm having the same issues....I see the folders, but they are all blank.

Has anyone else gotten multiple folder trees to work with pyTIVO?

Not sure if I did the quote thing right but anyway, I put a share in the pyconfig file for the entire drive instead of individual folders and it seems to work pretty well. Of course if there aren't any video files in the folder it will just be empty. I have been able to browse many folders deep but after I select something to transfer it doesn't return smoothly so I just choose the "Now Playing" function and scroll to the drive again.

Make sure you click to start pytivo service. I also found that when the folders appeared but were empty I had to reboot the computer and then restart the pytivoservice.py function within the directory.

I made a shortcut on the desktop to the Pytivo folder so that I could periodically restart the pytivoservice.py when there was a problem.

Sometimes I have to restart the tivo but rarely and mainly after something was transfering and got stuck. Hope this helps a bit.
buffalova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #553
Chew

Can I ask what might be a dumb question?

I have v182 running perfectly on XP (I initially used the windows installer and set it to run as a service). The settings are where I want them and I'm hesitant to change anything as 16x9 input actually fills my HDTV when I watch it--I want to keep it that way!

But, I also want to upgrade to a newer version to make use of subfolders.

If I download the subfolder zip file, what should I and what shouldn't I be doing? Do I just overlay the new files over the old but keep my config file from v182? Or what? (can we keep any answer in layman terms please?)
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #554
buffalova

Quote:
But, I also want to upgrade to a newer version to make use of subfolders.

If I download the subfolder zip file, what should I and what shouldn't I be doing? Do I just overlay the new files over the old but keep my config file from v182? Or what? (can we keep any answer in layman terms please?)
I believe the first time I installed I used the windows installer version also. Before you do anything I would keep a backup copy so you can reinstall if things go awry.

Copy everything in the Pytivo folder to another disk or location on your computer. I also made several copies of the Pytivo.conf file so I didn't have to setup all the shares again and again.

Since the sub-folder version isn't with a windows installer I just copied and pasted all the files from the Pytivo folder to the pytivo folder in the directory on your C drive most likely in program files. These files include the folders Cheetah, Eye3d etc. It will ask you if you want to overwrite and say ok. There are a few files from the windows installer version that will remain that you can still use to run the config pytivo from the program listing to add shares.

As long as you have a back up of version 182 you should be able to just reinstall like you did orginally if things go wrong. Now you should copy the pytivo.conf file from the backup you made from version 182 that you already have installed to the directory since you have now overwritten the file with a version from the subfolder version. Hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #555
Chew

^ Thanks, that's the route I expected.

The very first thing I tried to transfer, I backed out of (one subfolder deep). TiVo crashed!

After it rebooted, I tried a few other things to transfer. But instead of backing out, I just clicked on the TiVo button to go to my NPL when the "now transferring" message came up. That worked. Hopefully, it continues to do so.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #556
MT-Hand

Cyclone were you ever able to get pyTivo working correctly on your Mac? I have been getting the same kinds of errors as you reported.

13" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)
OS X 10.6.4
Galleon 2.5.5
iTiVo + pyTiVoX
AppleTV
MT-Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:41 AM   #557
cyclone

Nope, I'm still stuck. Hoping Kevin can shed some light...
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #558
Deadpan Science

Thanks Iluvatar, I used your file and it works perfectly!
Deadpan Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #559
Iluvatar

Quote:
Thanks Iluvatar, I used your file and it works perfectly!
Glad it worked. The issue was very frustrating (not being able to read the subtitles) and not knowing any code for pyTivo it took me quite awhile to fix.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #560
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar
Glad it worked. The issue was very frustrating (not being able to read the subtitles) and not knowing any code for pyTivo it took me quite awhile to fix.
I worked dlfl's modification to your code into the config system, so you can just specify the pad size you need in pytivo.conf(defaulting to none at all). With armoo's site being down, I'm not sure how to submit the changes for addition into the project. I can post the modifications here, if some kind soul would be interested in explaining how to get diff (or the correct tool) to produce the proper output. I could also just zip up the changed files, but I'm hoping not to fragment the number of versions floating about.

Question: are there other situations where overscan needs correcting, or is this pretty much the only case? Do 16x9 videos on 16x9 tvs ever have the same issue?
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #561
kajal88

THANX
THANX
THANX
THANX
gogoo
kajal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #562
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused

Wahooooo, armooo.net is back.

So the pyTivo wiki is back as is the DL page.

Again, sorry guys I am still super swamped at work. I will get back to you soon though.

A much better place to receive pyTivo help and updates.

KRKeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #563
Iluvatar

Question Transcoding/Network problem

Heres a new issue that maybe someone who has experienced this can help. Whats going on is that the transcoding process has become unreliable. It will start transfering the video and very very often (like every 15 sec.) the entire process will pause (transcoding & network activity) for a minute or more. So where as transfering a 30 min. video used to take 15 min. now it can take hours.

I have tried reinstalling pyTivo + anything python related, newer versions of ffmpeg_mp2, disabling any network services from other programs, nothing has worked so far. I have no firewall enabled and am running Vista.

I have updated the network drivers some time ago, so I will try to find the old versions to test that (although I am pretty sure I have had good performance until just recently.

I need to figure this out before the girlfriend starts taking it out on me,
Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 AM   #564
buffalova

Quote:
Heres a new issue that maybe someone who has experienced this can help. Whats going on is that the transcoding process has become unreliable. It will start transfering the video and very very often (like every 15 sec.) the entire process will pause (transcoding & network activity) for a minute or more. So where as transfering a 30 min. video used to take 15 min. now it can take hours.
Ok I will take a stab at this. First I would check firewall settings to make sure that it isn't interfering. Make sure port 9032 is open.

What version of Python and Pytivo are you using? I use Python 2.5.1 and Pytivo version subfolders 8.3.

Also I noticed that once I added the actual tivo(s) that I have to the pytivo.conf file it straightened out a lot of problems.

Add this line to your pytivo.conf file and substitute your actual tivo number in the field.

[_tivo_540XXXXXXXXXXX]
aspect169 = false

Maybe this will help. Good luck.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #565
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalova
Ok I will take a stab at this. First I would check firewall settings to make sure that it isn't interfering. Make sure port 9032 is open.

What version of Python and Pytivo are you using? I use Python 2.5.1 and Pytivo version subfolders 8.3.

Also I noticed that once I added the actual tivo(s) that I have to the pytivo.conf file it straightened out a lot of problems.

Add this line to your pytivo.conf file and substitute your actual tivo number in the field.

[_tivo_540XXXXXXXXXXX]
aspect169 = false

Maybe this will help. Good luck.
well after reinstalling pyTivo + Python a million times and finally settling on an older version of Python (2.5.0) it seems to have worked. I am not sure what changed (because all the drivers and program settings I changed certainly did not help), but I am transcoding care free again. Talk about messed up.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #566
jkomaha

Wierd Issue

Hopefully someone can help me out with this - I posted about it awhile back, but wasn't able to follow up.

Every few files I stream from my computer to my Tivo, i have to shut down pyTivo, delete lrucache.pyc.

I'm attaching a text file with the errors that pyTivo throws.

I'm running windows XP Pro and have the movie files stored on a WD USB Drive. I'm not sure on the build number, as I haven't upgraded since armoo's website has been down, but its been consistent for quite a few builds.

Hopefully with the pytivo output, someone can help me
Attached Files
File Type: txt error.txt (10.3 KB, 9 views)
jkomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #567
armooo
pyTivo Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek
I worked dlfl's modification to your code into the config system, so you can just specify the pad size you need in pytivo.conf(defaulting to none at all). With armoo's site being down, I'm not sure how to submit the changes for addition into the project. I can post the modifications here, if some kind soul would be interested in explaining how to get diff (or the correct tool) to produce the proper output. I could also just zip up the changed files, but I'm hoping not to fragment the number of versions floating about.

Question: are there other situations where overscan needs correcting, or is this pretty much the only case? Do 16x9 videos on 16x9 tvs ever have the same issue?
The best way to make a patch would be to get a subversion client. If you are using windows TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/) is a nice client. Checkout http://svn.armooo.net/pyTivo/trunk/ , make your changes and make a patch. And submitting a bug on trac with it attached.

http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/...-checkout.html
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/...vn-dug-patch-1

armooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #568
jkomaha

Bump

Anyone have any suggestions?
jkomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #569
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armooo
The best way to make a patch would be to get a subversion client. If you are using windows TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/) is a nice client. Checkout http://svn.armooo.net/pyTivo/trunk/ , make your changes and make a patch. And submitting a bug on trac with it attached.

http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/...-checkout.html
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/...vn-dug-patch-1
Thanks, and sorry it's taking me so long. I've switched over to Ubuntu, but I think I now know enough to get the command line svn to make the patch..I'm still trying to find the time to double check everything and actually make and upload it.

Last edited by gonzotek : 07-12-2007 at 07:39 PM.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #570
richklein

This might be a dumb question, but I downloaded the windows MSI file, it installed Python, Pytivo & I set the share directory for C:/video.

I then ran pytivo.py & a dos window stays open with no data on it. Does that dos window need to stay open ?

I cant seem to see the share file on my NPL. Am I doing something very basic wrong?

Thanks,
Rich

EDIT: I am using whatever version came with the software - pyTivo_182_setup.
richklein is offline   Reply With Quote