TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #4891
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Ok how easy is it to install vidmgr?
Well, it's not terribly difficult. One must first get wmcbrine's HME for Python utility working. After that, one must simply copy the vidmgr files to a directory underneath the main HME for Python directory and modify the vidmgr.ini file to suit one's needs. After that, everything is handled by whatever targets are specified by vidmgr.ini - probbably mostly in the individual metafiles.

What I mean by that, for example, is one of my virtual shares is by Actor, so in vidmgr.ini I have the lines:

Code:
[Browse by Actor]
tags = vActor vGuestStar
groupby=alpha
Which produces a folder in the vidmgr app on the TiVo named "Browse by Actor". The vidmgr app then searches all the metafiles in the pyTivo shares for tags of vActor and vGuestStar. On the TiVo, all the actors specified in the metafiles are grouped alphabetically by first name and all the videos starring (or guest-starring) each specific actor are listed under the actor's name. Below is a view of the main screen of vidmgr, where you can see my virtual shares. I don't have a screen shot of the Browse by Actor virtual share at the moment. The numbers by each share indicate the number of share targets, not the number of videos. There are 11,316 different actors listed on one or more of each of the roughly 2100 videos on the server, but since I have groupby=alpha set, those are divided up into 26 folders (A - Z).

The Browse by Year share does have videos as its target, so the numbers here represent the numbers of movies released in the specified year.

Last edited by lrhorer : 08-19-2014 at 09:27 PM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #4892
lpwcomp

caddyroger,

Another option is to organize them on the PC within the share folder as you wish, then pull them back to the TiVo when you need to.

As an example, I have a share that has a "TV" sub-folder. Within that, there are folders for each show. Within each show, there are folders for each season.

If you use one of the accepted naming conventions of <Series name>.S<Season number>E<Episode Number> (ex. Season 5, Episode 17 of JAG would have a filename of "JAG.S05E17.mpg") and add "force_alpha = on" to the share definition, then when viewing the sub-folder from the TiVo, they will be displayed in episode order, oldest one first.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-19-2014 at 05:12 PM.
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #4893
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
caddyroger,

Another option is to organize them on the PC within the share folder as you wish, then pull them back to the TiVo when you need to.
Indeed, and it is a practical solution, and probably the simplest if your desire is for nothing more than you have stated in this thread, and you don't keep a very large number or a very large diversity of videos on your server.

The caveats are:
1. Keeping the files coded as MPEG-II results in transfers that are much slower than pushes if the file is coded to h.264. If the files are re-coded to h.264 in an MP4 container, they can push up to 4 times faster than the same file coded as MPEG-II.

1a. I'm not sure about the Romio, but Premiere Series III and below TiVos cannot pull h.264 files natively. In order to provide a pull, pyTivo has to recode an h.264 back to MPEG-II, which may slow the process down quite a bit.

2. MPEG-II files take up 50% more space than the same file coded as h.264, or perhaps even more.

3. The TiVo UI is exceedingly cumbersome, and much more so with large numbers of files. With the TiVo UI, getting to a movie whose name starts with Q or R can take several minutes on my server - about 2000 videos, and there are likely to be quite a few "Bongs!" along the way. (Seeking to Quigley Down Under on my TiVo HD just took 3 minutes 5 seconds. The Romio might be faster, I don't know. The same search on the same machine took 8 seconds using vidmgr.)

4. Vidmgr offers a much greater array of methods to categorize your videos than merely by date or file name. I searched for Quigley Down Under by name, but I could also have looked it up by Actor (Tom Selleck, Laura San Giocomo, Alan Rickman, etc.), by movie year (1990), by Director (Simon Wincer), by genre (Action Adventure, Romance, Western), etc.

5. Vidmgr offers more sophisticated navigation tools. For example, the TiVo UI will jump back-and-forth from the top of the list to the bottom if one presses the skip key. In Vidmgr, one can press 1 to jump to 10% down the list from the top, 2 to jump to 20%, 3 to 30%, etc.

6. As you can see above, vidmgr can display cover art.

7. Vidmgr offers merged info text. If you place a default.txt file in your ~/JAG/ directory with David James Elliot and Patrick Labyorteaux as vActor tags, then every episode of JAG will show to be starring those individuals. Put Catherine Bell in the default.txt file of ~/JAG/Season Two, ~/JAG/Season 3, etc, then she will appear as a star in every season other than one. Searching by actor for David or Patrick will bring up every JAG episode, while searching by actor for Catherine will only bring up seasons 2 - 10.

8. Of course, pushes require an interaction with the mind server. If it is down, vidmgr won't work.

9. Pulls can only be to the TiVo being watched. Like pyTiVo's web tool, vidmgr allows one to push any video to any TiVo in the house.

10. Considerably more metadata accompanies a pull than a push. The push protocol discards much of the metafile.

11. Being an HME app, vidmgr is accessed from the Showcases menu, rather than the Now Playing list. This means switching back to the NPL in order to view the videos after they have been selected for push.

Last edited by lrhorer : 08-19-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #4894
Soapm

What would set the copyright flag on a show I pushed using pytivo?

I have a show that I am trying to find the tivoseriesid. In the old days I would push the show to my premier and let the mind server do it's thing then I could pull it back using kmttg and get the series id. This doesn't seem to be working, the shows I pushed are saying copyright protected and won't let me pull back the metadata to see the series id. Is there another way to see the series id without pulling it back?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #4895
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
1a. I'm not sure about the Romio, put Premiere and below TiVos cannot pull h.264 files natively. In order to provide a pull, pyTivo has to recode an h.264 back to MPEG-II, which may slow the process down quite a bit.
Actually series 4 and above TiVos (which include Premieres and Roamios) can pull h.264 in mpeg2 TS container. There's a pyTivo global property you can turn on to enable that:
ts = on
With that enabled if you pull a H.264 video in TS container pyTivo will transfer it as is. If it's in mp4 container and has compatible audio (ac3 or aac), pyTivo will simply remux to TS container as it transfers. i.e. You can pull H.264 videos using pyTivo without having to transcode to mpeg2. As you know pulls have advantages of more complete metadata support as well as not being marked copy protected on the destination TiVo as well as having better transfer speeds than PS container.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #4896
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Actually series 4 and above TiVos (which include Premieres and Roamios) can pull h.264 in mpeg2 TS container. There's a pyTivo global property you can turn on to enable that:
ts = on
Oh, that's right, I forgot. Does VideoRedo support a TS container? I've never messed with it.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #4897
lpwcomp

Quote:
1a. I'm not sure about the Romio, put Premiere and below TiVos cannot pull h.264 files natively. In order to provide a pull, pyTivo has to recode an h.264 back to MPEG-II, which may slow the process down quite a bit.
While still true for a Series 3 (or earlier, but Series 3 was the first to have h.264 support at all), all you have to do is add "ts=on" to the global settings section of pyTivo and pulls of h.264 recordings to either a Premiere or Roamio are at least as fast as a push since they are merely re-muxed rather than transcoded.

One advantage push does have in a household that includes Minis is that a push can be initiated using a smart phone via a browser connection to pyTivo.

OTOH, an advantage that pull has for people who use a Stream or the built-in stream of the Roamio Pro or Plus is that a pushed video is marked copy protected.

edit: beaten to the punch.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #4898
moyekj

Quote:
Does VideoRedo support a TS container? I've never messed with it.
Yes.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #4899
lpwcomp

Quote:
Does VideoRedo support a TS container? I've never messed with it.
Yes it does. There is even an "H.264 TiVo-TS (Premiere) (*.tivo)" type. I've never used it though. I just use a modified MP4 or MKV, depending on the quality of the source and the destination for which it is intended.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #4900
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
TiVo Inc. software... either on the TiVo itself, or mind.tivo.com, I'm not entirely sure.

Quote:
In the old days I would push the show to my premier and let the mind server do it's thing then I could pull it back using kmttg and get the series id.
Push has always resulted in the transfers being marked as copy-prohibited. You're misremembering.

Quote:
Is there another way to see the series id without pulling it back?
Sure... but first, let me ask: What do you want it for? Note that you can't use the seriesId from a push with further pushes, although you may be able to use it with pulls.

You can get the seriesId the same way pyTivo does, from the XML provided by the TiVo:

Code:
https://192.168.1.71/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying
(Replace "192.168.1.71" with the IP of your TiVo. User name "tivo", password is your MAK.)

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #4901
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Push has always resulted in the transfers being marked as copy-prohibited. You're misremembering.
Right you are, it looks like I had some instructions to extract the series id's into a text file. After searching, I believe I got the instructions from a zap2it thread but the steps are not lost to the ages.

Quote:
Sure... but first, let me ask: What do you want it for? Note that you can't use the seriesId from a push with further pushes, although you may be able to use it with pulls.
Exactly, I only do pulls with this one exception of creating a series id for one not found in Matagenerator. It's been a while since I ran across this and forgot how to do it.

Quote:
You can get the seriesId the same way pyTivo does, from the XML provided by the TiVo:

Code:
https://192.168.1.71/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying
(Replace "192.168.1.71" with the IP of your TiVo. User name "tivo", password is your MAK.)
Can you remind me what the user/password are. I believe one is the MAK but I can't figure out the other.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #4902
moyekj

Quote:

I have a show that I am trying to find the tivoseriesid. In the old days I would push the show to my premier and let the mind server do it's thing then I could pull it back using kmttg and get the series id. This doesn't seem to be working, the shows I pushed are saying copyright protected and won't let me pull back the metadata to see the series id. Is there another way to see the series id without pulling it back?
Since you're using kmttg, you don't need to download metadata or other trickier means to get SeriesId. Simply right click on a show in kmttg table and select "Display data" (or use bindkey j) to dump information to message window which will include SeriesId.
(NOTE: For series 4 or higher TiVos don't use RPC option to get NPL since RPC data doesn't have SeriesId).

Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #4903
lpwcomp

Quote:
Exactly, I only do pulls with this one exception of creating a series id for one not found in Matagenerator. It's been a while since I ran across this and forgot how to do it.
There are times when the only reason that Metagenerator (or pyTivoMetaThis) can't find the seriesId is that no one has bothered to add it to thetvdb. If that is the case, you can obtain it manually from zap2it and, if you want to be a "good citizen", add it to thetvdb yourself.

Edit: I"m glad I played around with Soapm's method for getting a seriesId where zap2it doesn't have one. I got some interesting results when I used the generated seriesId for pull. More later. Too tired now.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-20-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #4904
innocentfreak

I am trying to setup a new install of PyTiVo on a friend's machine. I keep getting the following error when I try to push.

Code:
ERROR:pyTivo.video.video:<error><code>badCookie</code><debug>1</debug><text>Sess
ion cannot be authenticated; try login again</text></error>
Am I missing something or is Mind just down? I tried google, but it only found old results which seemed to point to mind being down. Of course TiVo Status shows everything operational.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #4905
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I am trying to setup a new install of PyTiVo on a friend's machine. I keep getting the following error when I try to push.

Code:
ERROR:pyTivo.video.video:<error><code>badCookie</code><debug>1</debug><text>Sess
ion cannot be authenticated; try login again</text></error>
Am I missing something or is Mind just down? I tried google, but it only found old results which seemed to point to mind being down. Of course TiVo Status shows everything operational.
Assuming that you installed the latest version of pyTivo, have user, pw, and MAK set correctly, then yes, it is most likely a (hopefully temporary) problem with the mind server. Haven't had any problems myself recently and I push at least one recording to a remote TiVo just about every day, but I have seen times where some people are having problems while others are not.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-22-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #4906
lpwcomp

Quote:
Edit: I"m glad I played around with Soapm's method for getting a seriesId where zap2it doesn't have one. I got some interesting results when I used the generated seriesId for pull. More later. Too tired now.
I was planning on doing some additional testing but I haven't been feeling very well the last few days. Maybe some other adventurous soul will do some.

Anyway, here is the interesting thing:

I recently, shall we say acquired, all of the episodes of a British series called "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates". I generated metadata for all of the episodes (using pyTivoMetaThis). I got no seriesId (wasn't really expecting one). I pushed the first episode to my Premiere. Using the kmttg "Display data", I determined that it had gotten a seriesId of BS1526459760. I created this default.txt file:

Code:
displayMajorNumber : 756
callsign : BBCAHD
showingBits : 4096
seriesId : BS1526459760
then pulled episodes 1&2 to my Premiere. Here's where it gets interesting. Not only did they group together, the series graphic was there, Season and Episode numbers were there, and I was able to "Explore this show". kmttg shows a seriesId of SH264004, and programIds of 000000000000.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #4907
innocentfreak

Quote:
Assuming that you installed the latest version of pyTivo, have user, pw, and MAK set correctly, then yes, it is most likely a (hopefully temporary) problem with the mind server. Haven't had any problems myself recently and I push at least one recording to a remote TiVo just about every day, but I have seen times where some people are having problems while others are not.
It seems to be working now. I think since it was late I forgot to add the exceptions to the windows firewall.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #4908
Soapm

Quote:
If that is the case, you can obtain it manually from zap2it and, if you want to be a "good citizen", add it to thetvdb yourself..
****OFF TOPIC****

Sorry to post this here but this is where it was mentioned, I created a thetvDB account but don't see how to add series id's or how to add episodes to existing series.

I don't have coding skills but this is an area where I can gladly contribute... If I can figure out how
Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #4909
lpwcomp

Quote:
****OFF TOPIC****

Sorry to post this here but this is where it was mentioned, I created a thetvDB account but don't see how to add series id's or how to add episodes to existing series.

I don't have coding skills but this is an area where I can gladly contribute... If I can figure out how
No coding skills required. Login to your account, navigate to the main page for the series,select "edit" from the "show/hide edit" line, enter the value in the correct field, save series.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #4910
Soapm

Quote:
No coding skills required. Login to your account, navigate to the main page for the series,select "edit" from the "show/hide edit" line, enter the value in the correct field, save series.
Let me clarify... I meant no coding skills to add to the different projects here like pytivo or kmttg...

I don't see a field called tivo series id, can you advise where the number goes? What the field name is? I experimented and tried different fields but none displayed the id using metagenerator. I don't want to mess things up.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #4911
lpwcomp

Quote:
Let me clarify... I meant no coding skills to add to the different projects here like pytivo or kmttg...

I don't see a field called tivo series id, can you advise where the number goes? What the field name is? I experimented and tried different fields but none displayed the id using metagenerator. I don't want to mess things up.
It's "Zap2it / SchedulesDirect ID".

Old 08-26-2014, 02:44 AM   #4912
Soapm

Quote:
It's "Zap2it / SchedulesDirect ID".
Thanks... I guess it takes a few minutes before they appear in metagenerator. I need to learn patience.

Now to return you all to your regular programing... sorry to go off topic.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #4913
mattack

Quote:
You could undo the ts=on setting, since the remux is failing. (Yes, then you'd lose captions.)

From the command line, try this:

ffmpeg -i filename.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -fflags +genpts newfile.ts

and then try transferring that new file.
ok, here's the output for a file that's having the problem.. (this is the first time I remember a HD recording having the problem).

zzz-2865:Reckless local2$ ffmpeg -i 08_24_2014\ When\ the\ Smoke\ Clears\ 108.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -fflags +genpts newfile.ts
ffmpeg version 2.0.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 9 2013 10:18:52 with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.11.00)
configuration: --prefix=/Volumes/Ramdisk/sw --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-filters --enable-libgsm --arch=x86_64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
libavutil 52. 38.100 / 52. 38.100
libavcodec 55. 18.102 / 55. 18.102
libavformat 55. 12.100 / 55. 12.100
libavdevice 55. 3.100 / 55. 3.100
libavfilter 3. 79.101 / 3. 79.101
libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
[mpeg2video @ 0x7fbb3981ee00] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
Last message repeated 6 times
Input #0, mpeg, from '08_24_2014 When the Smoke Clears 108.mpg':
Duration: 00:59:57.28, start: 0.642122, bitrate: 11948 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s
Output #0, mpegts, to 'newfile.ts':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf55.12.100
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 29.97 fps, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), 384 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[mpegts @ 0x7fbb3909d000] first pts value must be set
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input
zzz-2865:Reckless local2$
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #4914
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Sorry, it turns out you actually need to put "-fflags +genpts" earlier in the command line. Try right after "ffmpeg".

Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 AM   #4915
mattack

Quote:
Sorry, it turns out you actually need to put "-fflags +genpts" earlier in the command line. Try right after "ffmpeg".
Well, that worked. It created a file that I then was able to open. So I'm not sure why it's not working with pytivo, with this and some other files.. Is it this:
[mpeg2video @ 0x7fa831800000] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.

If so, is there any way to work around it?

$ ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i 08_24_2014\ When\ the\ Smoke\ Clears\ 108.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy newfile.ts
ffmpeg version 2.0.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 9 2013 10:18:52 with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.11.00)
configuration: --prefix=/Volumes/Ramdisk/sw --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-filters --enable-libgsm --arch=x86_64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
libavutil 52. 38.100 / 52. 38.100
libavcodec 55. 18.102 / 55. 18.102
libavformat 55. 12.100 / 55. 12.100
libavdevice 55. 3.100 / 55. 3.100
libavfilter 3. 79.101 / 3. 79.101
libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
[mpeg2video @ 0x7fa831800000] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
Input #0, mpeg, from '08_24_2014 When the Smoke Clears 108.mpg':
Duration: 00:59:57.28, start: 0.642122, bitrate: 11948 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s
Output #0, mpegts, to 'newfile.ts':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf55.12.100
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 29.97 fps, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), 384 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[mpeg @ 0x7fa831018600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=393303, dts=399309, size=65404
...the rest of the actual progress...
Old 08-31-2014, 02:32 AM   #4916
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Well, because that option isn't in pyTivo. Yet.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #4917
mattack

Quote:
Well, because that option isn't in pyTivo. Yet.
ok, so you mean that'll fix the issue for me? So, can you explain exactly what the problem is that I'm having now? Is that it's trying to do a 'raw' conversion that's failing, and your new option is doing a reencoding, or something?

Also, how can I even tell which version of pytivo I have? There doesn't seem to be a -v or --version option. This stems from recent discussion by others.. I don't think I even have the latest version, but I couldn't tell.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #4918
Soapm

I have pytivo running on a headless Debian box and it's been fine for years but of late I'm not seeing the shares on my Tivo Premier. I see them and they work fine on my TivoHD, but the premier no longer has my shares listed on the bottom.

This is something I found in the logs and didn't know if it meant anything or not???

Code:
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.0.191 [27/Sep/2014 03:03:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Torrent&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=746000190317E5C HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.0.191 [27/Sep/2014 03:03:33] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Lenny&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=746000190317E5C HTTP/1.1" 200 -
ERROR:pyTivo:Exception during request from ('192.168.0.191', 42736)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 593, in process_request_thread
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 91, in __init__
    client_address, server)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 649, in __init__
    self.handle()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 340, in handle
    self.handle_one_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 328, in handle_one_request
    method()
  File "/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 126, in do_GET
    self.handle_query(query, tsn)
  File "/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 179, in handle_query
    if self.do_command(query, command, basepath, tsn):
  File "/pyTivo/httpserver.py", line 158, in do_command
    method(self, query)
  File "/pyTivo/plugins/dvdvideo/dvdvideo.py", line 633, in QueryContainer
    t.tivo_names = config.tivo_names
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'tivo_names'
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.0.191 [27/Sep/2014 17:53:15] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Torrent&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=746000190317E5C HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.0.191 [27/Sep/2014 17:53:15] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Lenny&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=746000190317E5C HTTP/1.1" 200 -

Last
ps to add... 191 is my premier....

Last edited by Soapm : 09-28-2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added additional info
Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #4919
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
This is something I found in the logs and didn't know if it meant anything or not?
It means you need to update your DVD plugin to match your updated pyTivo, although I wouldn't think that was connected to the failure of the shares to appear.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #4920
Soapm

Quote:
It means you need to update your DVD plugin to match your updated pyTivo, although I wouldn't think that was connected to the failure of the shares to appear.
HHmm?? Thanks, I did one better, I deleted the plugin since I don't use it and don't think it really worked well for me and, you won't believe this, but now I see the shares on my premier. I know one doesn't have to do with the other but I won't look the gift horse etc...

Thanks...