TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #4021
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
That was a good suggestion. Yes, I have the old ffmpeg and placed it back in the bin directory. Push works again. Perhaps I have a wrong version of ffmpeg.exe.

Is there a known good windows binary ffmpeg I should be using with this version of pytivo?
Not sure. gonzotek just updated the pytivo install wiki and is pointing to this website for ffmpeg: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Is that where you got yours?
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #4022
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
jcthorne- I took a look through what you posted and didn't see anything obvious. Hopefully wmcbrine can find something.
I think that output must be from a newer ffmpeg, but with an older version of pyTivo. There's no other way I can account for the "failed at mapVideo/mapAudio" errors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #4023
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Here's the version info of the latest pytivo and ffmpeg builds I've got working. I should explain that the pytivo version is wmcbrine's Jan 3 commit(still latest as of this post). I use git for windows, and apparently it doesn't copy down the timestamps from the repo to my local system, as I had pulled it on the 8th. But I digress
Code:
INFO:pyTivo:Last modified: Tue Jan 08 19:25:40 2013
INFO:pyTivo:Python: 2.7.3
INFO:pyTivo:System: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Code:
ffmpeg version 1.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan  8 2013 16:16:22 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-av
isynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enab
le-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libg
sm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --e
nable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --e
nable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwben
c --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-
libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      52. 13.100 / 52. 13.100
  libavcodec     54. 86.100 / 54. 86.100
  libavformat    54. 59.106 / 54. 59.106
  libavdevice    54.  3.102 / 54.  3.102
  libavfilter     3. 32.100 /  3. 32.100
  libswscale      2.  1.103 /  2.  1.103
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
So I tried two mp4 files I know have compatible codecs. Both transferred fine(specifically: without transcoding h264) as a pull and as a push. Hope this helps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control

Last edited by gonzotek : 01-10-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: clarity :)
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #4024
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

To be clear, I don't think there's any version of FFmpeg that's too new. I think jcthorne had updated his FFmpeg, but not his pyTivo.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #4025
jcthorne

Thanks guys. Updated ffmpeg again and went and got the latest pytivo and installed it all without any 'extra' family in the house and viola...It works. Was my error somewhere in the previous install.

Appreciate everyones help and got me going.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #4026
oregonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
Note for Windows users: I've updated the pyTiVo wiki Windows Install and Current Releases pages to (hopefully) help new users get started easier. You can see a summary of my changes to the Windows Install page here:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...=548&oldid=533

The Current Release page was lightly edited to suggest that new users try the wmcbrine fork first and to clarify how to easily obtain the most current version from his github repo.

Feel free to review and edit or suggest further changes.
I'm trying to use your updated instructions and I noticed that in step 6, <install folder> is referenced, but I don't think it was explicitly defined. I think that it is the directory created in step 4, but for clarity, it would be good to explicitly define it.
oregonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #4027
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonman View Post
I'm trying to use your updated instructions and I noticed that in step 6, <install folder> is referenced, but I don't think it was explicitly defined. I think that it is the directory created in step 4, but for clarity, it would be good to explicitly define it.
That's the correct assumption and a good suggestion. I'll see what I can do to make it clearer.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #4028
lpwcomp

A question and an observation.

The question: Anyone know how "Categories" is set and if there is any way to access them? It is not the same as genre.

The latest premiere s/w appears to have screwed up the genre entries in the details xml returned by a query. Below is an example. Note that both vSeriesGenre and vProgramGenre have multiple null element entries.

Code:
<TvBusMarshalledStruct:TvBusEnvelope xs:schemaLocation="http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvBusMarshalledStruct TvBusMarshalledStruct.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdRecording TvPgdRecording.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvBusDuration TvBusDuration.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdShowing TvPgdShowing.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbShowingBit TvDbShowingBit.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvBusDateTime TvBusDateTime.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdProgram TvPgdProgram.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbColorCode TvDbColorCode.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdSeries TvPgdSeries.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbShowType TvDbShowType.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbTvRating TvDbTvRating.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbInternalRatingList TvDbInternalRatingList.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbInternalRating TvDbInternalRating.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbBitstreamFormat TvDbBitstreamFormat.xsd" xs:type="TvPgdRecording:TvPgdRecording"><recordedDuration>PT30M</recordedDuration><vActualShowing><element><showingBits value="991235"/><time>2013-01-14T02:30:00Z</time><duration>PT30M</duration><program><vActor><element>MacFarlane|Seth</element><element>Schaal|Wendy</element><element>MacFarlane|Rachael</element><element>Grimes|Scott</element><element>Baker|Dee Bradley</element></vActor><vAdvisory/><showingBits value="0"/><vChoreographer/><colorCode value="4">COLOR</colorCode><description>Francine regrets deciding to teach Roger the value of hard work; Steve interviews Stan for a school project. Copyright Tribune Media Services, Inc.</description><vDirector/><episodeNumber>711</episodeNumber><episodeTitle>The Adventures of Twill Ongenbone and His Boy Jabari</episodeTitle><vExecProducer/><vProgramGenre><element/><element/></vProgramGenre><vGuestStar><element>Brady|Wayne</element></vGuestStar><vHost/><isEpisode>true</isEpisode><originalAirDate>2013-01-13T00:00:00Z</originalAirDate><vProducer/><series><isEpisodic>true</isEpisodic><vSeriesGenre/><seriesTitle>American Dad</seriesTitle></series><showType value="5">SERIES</showType><title>American Dad</title><vWriter/></program><tvRating value="5">_14</tvRating><RatingList><objectName/><vRatings><element><objectName/><vAdvisory><element>15</element><element>16</element><element>14</element><element>12</element></vAdvisory><InternalRatingSystemId>2</InternalRatingSystemId><InternalRatingValueId>5</InternalRatingValueId></element></vRatings></RatingList></element></vActualShowing><vBookmark/><showing><showingBits value="991235"/><time>2013-01-14T02:30:00Z</time><duration>PT30M</duration><program><vActor><element>MacFarlane|Seth</element><element>Schaal|Wendy</element><element>MacFarlane|Rachael</element><element>Grimes|Scott</element><element>Baker|Dee Bradley</element></vActor><vAdvisory/><showingBits value="0"/><vChoreographer/><colorCode value="4">COLOR</colorCode><description>Francine regrets deciding to teach Roger the value of hard work; Steve interviews Stan for a school project. Copyright Tribune Media Services, Inc.</description><vDirector/><episodeNumber>711</episodeNumber><episodeTitle>The Adventures of Twill Ongenbone and His Boy Jabari</episodeTitle><vExecProducer/><vProgramGenre><element/><element/></vProgramGenre><vGuestStar><element>Brady|Wayne</element></vGuestStar><vHost/><isEpisode>true</isEpisode><originalAirDate>2013-01-13T00:00:00Z</originalAirDate><vProducer/><series><isEpisodic>true</isEpisodic><vSeriesGenre/><seriesTitle>American Dad</seriesTitle></series><showType value="5">SERIES</showType><title>American Dad</title><vWriter/></program><tvRating value="5">_14</tvRating><RatingList><objectName/><vRatings><element><objectName/><vAdvisory><element>15</element><element>16</element><element>14</element><element>12</element></vAdvisory><InternalRatingSystemId>2</InternalRatingSystemId><InternalRatingValueId>5</InternalRatingValueId></element></vRatings></RatingList></showing><startTime>2013-01-14T02:29:58Z</startTime><stopTime>2013-01-14T03:00:00Z</stopTime><bitstreamFormat><vFormat><element><vByte><base64>EjQAAwABAjoBywxXAAAADwAAAAQAAAACAAAAAwAAAA==</base64></vByte></element></vFormat></bitstreamFormat><expirationTime>2038-01-19T03:14:00Z</expirationTime></TvBusMarshalledStruct:TvBusEnvelope>
Edit: scratch the question. It appears that Categories is all of the vProgramGenre. However, there is an additional bug in the Premiere. On a transfer to the Premiere, whatever the source, if there is only one vProgramGenre entry, Categories gets set to the word "Separator" minus the quotes.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 01-14-2013 at 04:26 PM.
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #4029
Iluvatar

I've updated my OS X FFmpeg builds to 1.1 for those who are interested.

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...s-x-t1803.html

and
for OS X
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #4030
wuzznuubi

Filled the pipe on push/pull, but pulls fall into black hole

Screaming Fast! love the full pipe, almost 100Mb/s transfers, but...

mp4(H264) pushes work fine, but having problems pulling the same files.

The pull appears to progress normally until almost the end, but stalls close to the end and doesn't appear on the Premiere's TODO or NPL. After the aborted transfer, history on the Premier says "Not Transferred - This show was not downloaded onto this DVR because it exceeded the expected size."

Windows7-64bit
python v2.7.3
wmcbrine pyTivo version 2013.01.15 from git
ZERANOE WIN-64 ffmpeg build Jan 13, 2013

Guessing here... that pyTivo tells my Premiere the size of the mp4 program stream file on my PC, but since pyTivo now remuxes the pull into a ts, it must be making the file too large (compared to what it said it was sending) for the Premiere, which complains by dumping the pulled transfer after it's almost complete.

Is there any way to pad the filesize pyTivo tells the TiVo in this case? Would that work?
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #4031
wuzznuubi

Info for one of the files that pushes, but not pulls...

ffmpeg output
Code:
C:\ffmpeg\ZERANOE\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i "T:\pyTivoVideos\Test Folder\Test File.mp4"
ffmpeg version N-48810-gaaa7d2f Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan 13 2013 22:06:24 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-lib
p3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrw
vorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib --enable-filter=frei0r
  libavutil      52. 14.100 / 52. 14.100
  libavcodec     54. 86.100 / 54. 86.100
  libavformat    54. 59.107 / 54. 59.107
  libavdevice    54.  3.102 / 54.  3.102
  libavfilter     3. 32.100 /  3. 32.100
  libswscale      2.  1.103 /  2.  1.103
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'T:\pyTivoVideos\Test Folder\Test File.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    creation_time   : 1970-01-01 00:00:00
    encoder         : Lavf52.32.0
  Duration: 00:49:11.04, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 25189 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 24866 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 30k tbn, 59.94 tbc
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: ac3 (ac-3 / 0x332D6361), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 320 kb/s
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : SoundHandler
At least one output file must be specified
MediaInfo 0.7.61 output
Code:
General
Complete name                            : T:\pyTivoVideos\Test Folder\Test File.mp4
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media
Codec ID                                 : isom
File size                                : 8.65 GiB
Duration                                 : 49mn 11s
Overall bit rate                         : 25.2 Mbps
Writing application                      : Lavf52.32.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Baseline@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : No
Format settings, ReFrames                : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=12
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                                 : 49mn 10s
Bit rate                                 : 24.9 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 29.970 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.400
Stream size                              : 8.54 GiB (99%)
Language                                 : English

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : ac-3
Duration                                 : 49mn 11s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 320 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 113 MiB (1%)
Language                                 : English
VLC media player 2.0.5 Twoflower info
Code:
Title: Test File.mp4
Encoded by: Lavf52.32.0
Codec:
 Stream 0
  Type: Video
  Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)
  Language: English
  Resolution: 1920x1080
  Frame rate: 29.970029
  Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
 Stream 1
  Type: Audio
  Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
  Language: English
  Channels: 3F2R/LFE
  Sample rate: 48000 Hz
  Bitrate: 320 kb/s
VideoReDo v4.20.7.629 info
Code:
 File:                                     Name : T:\pyTivoVideos\Test Folder\Test File.mp4
                                           Size : 9.292 GB
                                       Duration : 00:49:10.24
                                       Mux type : MP4
 Video:                                Encoding : H.264
                                  VideoStreamID : x201
                                     Frame rate : 29.97 fps
                                  Encoding size : 1920 x 1080
                                   Aspect ratio : 16:9
                                Header bit rate : 50.000 Mbps
                                     VBV buffer : 952 KBytes
                                        Profile : Baseline/4.1
                                    Progressive :  Progressive
                                         Chroma : 4:2:0
                                   Entropy mode : CABAC
                                       Bit rate : 23.883 Mbps
 Audio Stream: 1 (Primary)                Codec : AC3
                                         Format : AC3 stream
                                       Channels : 5.1
                                       Language : eng
                                            PID : x202
                                  PES Stream Id : xBD
                                       Bit rate : 320 Kbps
                                  Sampling rate : 48000
                                    Sample size : 16 bits

Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #4032
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Is there any way to pad the filesize pyTivo tells the TiVo in this case? Would that work?
Yes -- and pyTivo has done that for a long time. Just not quite enough, in this case, I guess. But it's been years since I ran into this, personally.

We can of course increase the pad factor, but there's a trade-off: the bigger the estimated size, the more the TiVo wants to clear existing programs to make room. Also, in push, it takes longer for the file to become playable. However, as I look at it, the current padding is only 2%. I think we can afford to increase that a bit, and probably should.

In the meantime -- are you using "ts = on"? If not, try that. If you are, try pre-remuxing the file:

ffmpeg -i filename.mp4 -vcodec copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb -acodec copy filename.ts

filename.ts can then be sent with an exact size.

Edit: I think I see what's going on here -- pyTivo is using the specified bit rate to estimate, when it should be using the original. This works OK for the videos I've been using (well under 16 Mbps), but not for your file.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 01-17-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #4033
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
In the meantime -- are you using "ts = on"? If not, try that.
Yep
Code:
pyTivo.conf file
[Server]
beacon = 192.168.255
ffmpeg = C:\ffmpeg\ZERANOE\bin\ffmpeg.exe
port = 9032
tivo_mak = **SECRET**
tivo_password = **SECRET**
tivo_username = **SECRET**
togo_path = pyTivoVideos
tivodecode = C:\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe
tdcat = C:\tivodecode\tdcat.exe
debug = True
ts = on

[_tivo_HD]

[_tivo_SD]

[pyTivoVideos]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = T:\pyTivoVideos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
If you are, try pre-remuxing the file:

ffmpeg -i filename.mp4 -vcodec copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb -acodec copy filename.ts

filename.ts can then be sent with an exact size.
ffmpeg remuxing to ts replied "muxing overhead 7.938006%" and that worked, pull of same file muxed to ts first transferred in about 14 minutes...
INFO-pyTivo.video.video:[17/Jan/2013 20:37:19] Start sending "T:\pyTivoVideos\Test Folder\Test File2.ts" to PR4
INFO-pyTivo.video.video:[17/Jan/2013 20:51:34] Done sending "T:\pyTivoVideos\Test Folder\Test File2.ts" to PR4, 10027445112 bytes, 89.42 Mb/s
Appears in the TiVo NPL (9.38GB) and plays fine.

P.S. Filesizes;
File size of original ps (mp4) 9,291,833,710 bytes
File size after remuxing with ffmpeg to ts 10,027,445,112 bytes

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 01-17-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Add file size
Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #4034
TVCricket
HDUI

Was using MetaGenerator before and after the Premiere updates, but no matter what I try, I can't get the episodes to group into Folders. I got one series to transfer over after updating to the latest version, but for whatever reason, Band Of Brothers and Homeland don't group. Can someone please help?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #4035
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCricket View Post
Was using MetaGenerator before and after the Premiere updates, but no matter what I try, I can't get the episodes to group into Folders. I got one series to transfer over after updating to the latest version, but for whatever reason, Band Of Brothers and Homeland don't group. Can someone please help?
Pull or Push?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #4036
TVCricket
HDUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Pull or Push?
Not sure what the difference is. The way I transfer videos is by going to my Premiere and selecting the source folder on my PC and selecting each one individually.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #4037
lpwcomp

Quote:
Not sure what the difference is. The way I transfer videos is by going to my Premiere and selecting the source folder on my PC and selecting each one individually.
If it is from "My Shows", then it is a Pull. It is from "Showcases & Apps" it is a Push.

Post a couple of your metadata files for a series that should be grouping together. Also, are you running TiVo Desktop? If so, are you certain that you are selecting from a pyTivo share?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #4038
TVCricket
HDUI

It says My Shows, don't have TiVo Desktop installed.

This is one of the metadata files of the show that won't Group

Quote:
title : Band of Brothers
seriesTitle : Band of Brothers
episodeTitle : Currahee
episodeNumber : 101
originalAirDate : 2001-09-09T00:00:00Z
description : Easy Company is introduced to Captain Sobel, who has the group undergo hard and unfair training. As a result, Sobel comes into conflict with his men, including Richard Winters, his executive officer. The company is shipped to England to prepare for D-Day. After displaying a lack of leadership ability in the field, Sobel is reassigned.
isEpisode : true
seriesId : SH456346
This does group

Quote:
title : The Pants Tent
seriesTitle : Curb Your Enthusiasm
episodeTitle : The Pants Tent
episodeNumber : 101
originalAirDate : 2000-10-15T00:00:00Z
description : Larry goes to the movies with one of Cheryl's friends and his pants have an unusual bulge in them, making him look like he's having an erection.
seriesId : SH391978

Last edited by TVCricket : 01-22-2013 at 10:48 PM.
TVCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #4039
TVCricket
HDUI

I noticed the difference in the *title* so I went in and changed the text file, but it still won't group the videos. What should the MetaGenerator 3 settings be? I tried every possible combination, but can't get it to work like it did before the latest update.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #4040
moyekj

Quote:
I noticed the difference in the *title* so I went in and changed the text file, but it still won't group the videos. What should the MetaGenerator 3 settings be? I tried every possible combination, but can't get it to work like it did before the latest update.
FYI I took your Band of Brothers metadata file and used it along with a short clip pulled twice to TiVo and it did create a "Band of Brothers" folder with 2 items for me. If you pull the same video (with same metadata file) twice is it grouping?
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #4041
TVCricket
HDUI

Never tried, but if I try to transfer episode 2-10 over, my Premiere will have 10 episodes titled Band Of Brothers even though their titles are in the metadata text file. This is so frustrating thinking that I may have to do this everytime TiVo decides to change the way it handles files. Don't understand why it would work for one show one week and not on two other shows.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #4042
moyekj

Quote:
Never tried, but if I try to transfer episode 2-10 over, my Premiere will have 10 episodes titled Band Of Brothers even though their titles are in the metadata text file. This is so frustrating thinking that I may have to do this everytime TiVo decides to change the way it handles files. Don't understand why it would work for one show one week and not on two other shows.
Post episode 2 metadata here as well.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #4043
TVCricket
HDUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Post episode 2 metadata here as well.
Quote:
title : Band of Brothers
seriesTitle : Band of Brothers
episodeTitle : Day of Days
episodeNumber : 102
originalAirDate : 2001-09-09T00:00:00Z
description : Easy Company lands in Normandy, scattered all across and away from their drop zone. 1st Lt. Meehan, commander of Easy, is killed when his plane suffers a direct hit and 1st Lt. Winters must take command. With a small group of men, Winters takes out a set of guns at Brcourt and thereby wins the respect of his fellow soldiers as a leader. 1st Lt. Speirs is introduced, around whom rumours start to circulate after he is believed to have massacred a group of German prisoners of war.
seriesId : SH456346
Tried a few other variations with the settings and still no go.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #4044
reneg

Not sure if it will help, but have you tried deleting all your Band of Brothers episodes from the Now Playing List and the Recently Deleted folder?
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #4045
TVCricket
HDUI

I deleted them from the Now Playing (My Shows) as soon as I noticed that they wouldn't Group. Haven't deleted them from Recently Deleted though. I'll try that next.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #4046
lpwcomp

Quote:
Tried a few other variations with the settings and still no go.
I created a directory with two short clips and used the two metadata files that you posted. They group fine on a Premiere. They don't group on a THD, but that is to be expected. Is the rest of the metadata being transferred? Speaking of which, where is the rest of the metadata - actors, director, etc.?

Can you send a full list of what is in the source directory? The output of a dir command when you are in the directory would be ideal.

What platform is your computer on and are you running the latest pyTivo?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #4047
TVCricket
HDUI

Basically my TV SHOW folder is seperated into folders for each show that I backed up from Bluray or DVD. My pytivo points to the main folder. Not sure what version of pytivo I'm using, but it's the same one I used to transfer over Curb and a few other shows. Tried 3.36a of MetaGenerator on Curb and that worked. Noticed tht 3.37 is updated, but even that doesn't change the non-grouping behavior of the transferred episodes.

Also, I'm using an exe of pytivo cause I couldn't figure out how to use the other version of it when I decided to transfer over videos.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #4048
moyekj

Quote:
Also, I'm using an exe of pytivo cause I couldn't figure out how to use the other version of it when I decided to transfer over videos.
That's most likely your problem. That version is a dinosaur. Install latest wmcbrine version.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #4049
TVCricket
HDUI

Since I essentially installed pytivo as a service when I installed the executable version, does uninstalling the older .exe also uninstall the service?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #4050
lpwcomp

Quote:
Basically my TV SHOW folder is seperated into folders for each show that I backed up from Bluray or DVD. My pytivo points to the main folder. Not sure what version of pytivo I'm using, but it's the same one I used to transfer over Curb and a few other shows. Tried 3.36a of MetaGenerator on Curb and that worked. Noticed tht 3.37 is updated, but even that doesn't change the non-grouping behavior of the transferred episodes.
I need to see the full file names in the directory, including extensions. Also, I just used MetaGenerator to create new metadata files and there is a lot more in them than you posted.

Quote:
I urge you to try and figure it out and install the latest version of pyTivo. If you run into problems, don't hesitate to ask here for help in that regard. The only reference I can find to a "pyTivo.exe" is way out of date.