TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #3991
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raver View Post
[Videos]
path = c:\videos
type = movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtv View Post
I'm not an expert, but I think your problem is that it should say type = video, instead of type = movies
tjtv is correct, as was Iluvatar earlier.

Quote:
[_tivo_HD]
tivo_username = ************
tivo_mak = ***********
tivo_password = ******
The entries in this section apply to all HD capable TiVos on your network. I'm not sure these particular fields get used in this context and in any case, unless they are different from the global server settings, are unnecessary.

As I suspected you do not have any TiVos defined. You need to add a section of the form:

[_tivo_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Where "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is the TSN of the TiVo. One entry for each TiVo.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #3992
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
tjtv is correct, as was Iluvatar earlier.

The entries in this section apply to all HD capable TiVos on your network. I'm not sure these particular fields get used in this context and in any case, unless they are different from the global server settings, are unnecessary.

As I suspected you do not have any TiVos defined. You need to add a section of the form:

[_tivo_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Where "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is the TSN of the TiVo. One entry for each TiVo.
I don't define tivos in my pytivo.conf and have no problems. I thought you only needed to define tivos if you wanted certain shares to only appear on certain tivos, or if you needed to override the aspect ratio for certain S2 models:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i..._TiVo_Settings

Raver, here's a minimal pytivo.conf I'd recommend for you, at least initially:
Code:
[Server]
port = 9032
tivo_mak = *************
tivo_password = **********
tivo_username = ***********
ffmpeg = C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivodecode = c:\pyTivo\bin\tivodecode.exe

[Videos]
path = c:\videos
type = video
If that works, you can start experimenting with other options and build up from there.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #3993
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
I don't define tivos in my pytivo.conf and have no problems. I thought you only needed to define tivos if you wanted certain shares to only appear on certain tivos, or if you needed to override the aspect ratio for certain S2 models:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i..._TiVo_Settings
Auto detection seems to not always work, at least for me. The fact there are no TiVos on the web page says it may not be working for him either, although specifying a "togo_path" in the global server settings might do it too. May be unnecessary if he is not planning to pull to the PC using pyTivo.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #3994
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Auto detection seems to not always work, at least for me. The fact there are no TiVos on the web page says it may not be working for him either, although specifying a "togo_path" in the global server settings might do it too. May be unnecessary if he is not planning to pull to the PC using pyTivo.
Thanks for the explanation.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #3995
Raver

Ok I've tried this as well which is a the direct path of the folder and still the same problem. Previously I didn't need to define my tivo's. I won't be using pytivo to pull from the the unit only to push. I use tivo desktop to pull.

[Videos]
path = C:\Users\Xwing\Videos
type = videos

I do have the username, pswrd and mtivo_mak under HD tivo settings set.

when I look at the command prompt is says my tivo is ready and sees the correct one....

Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Raver : 01-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #3996
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Ok I've tried this as well which is a the direct path of the folder and still the same problem. Previously I didn't need to define my tivo's. I won't be using pytivo to pull from the the unit only to push. I use tivo desktop to pull.

[Videos]
path = C:\Users\Xwing\Videos
type = videos
type = video , not type=videos

(this is as opposed to type=music, or type=photo, the other two default types pytivo uses).
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...re_pyTivo#type
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #3997
Raver

thanks for catching that..

[Video]
path = c:\video
type = video

When I goto http://localhost:9032 I now I see video...great. After clicking on it I get a connection was reset. Here are both screen shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (10.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (16.3 KB, 16 views)

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #3998
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

The debugging output from pytivo would be more helpful. The screenshot that I'm seeing isn't giving any useful information(and it's been resized so what is there is very hard to read). Are you sure that path(C:\Users\Xwing\Videos or c:\videos ?) is accessible by the user pytivo is running as? Are you running pytivo from the command line, or starting it as a system service? If it's being run as a service, then the directory might not be allowed to be read by the service or system accounts.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #3999
Raver

Thanks guys for the assistance, as usual the little things the muck everything up. I now get the push menu to come up. but now it sort of sits there..

INFOyTivo.video.video:[07/Jan/2013 12:13:02] Queued "c:\video\Shrek Forever Af
ter.mpg" for Push to DVR-8401
INFOyTivo:127.0.0.1 [07/Jan/2013 12:13:02] "POST /TiVoConnect HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFOyTivo:127.0.0.1 [07/Jan/2013 12:13:07] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryCont
ainer&Container=Video&Format=text/html HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFOyTivo:127.0.0.1 [07/Jan/2013 12:13:07] "GET /main.css HTTP/1.1" 200 -

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #4000
Raver

before that the command window...

INFOyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFOyTivo.beacon:Registering: Video
INFOyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFOyTivo.beaconVR-8401
INFOyTivoyTivo is ready.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #4001
lpwcomp

Quote:
I do have the username, pswrd and mtivo_mak under HD tivo settings set.
Take 'em out. I'm not sure the ones under under either HD Tivo or SD Tivo get used but they are unnecessary. It's the ones under "Global Server Settings" that you want it to use.

Log into your TiVo account and make sure that "Video sharing" and "Enable video downloads" are set for the TiVo.

Make sure the MAK matches the one on your TiVo.

See if the share is showing up in your "Now Playing" or "My Shows". Check the network status to make sure it is connecting to the TiVo service w/o any problems.

If do enable Debug in pyTivo, make sure you edit the pyTivo output before you post it here. It will have your tivo.com user and password.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #4002
Raver

k, I took out the info for the Hd Tivo.

Sharing and video downloads were already selected

my Mak matches...

after removing the HD tivo info now I get a connection error again when I try to push a video.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #4003
lpwcomp

Quote:
k, I took out the info for the Hd Tivo.

Sharing and video downloads were already selected

my Mak matches...

after removing the HD tivo info now I get a connection error again when I try to push a video.
Are you running the latest version of PyTivo? What you posted from the command window doesn't look right.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #4004
Raver

python 2.7 as iirc wmcombine recommended about a year ago, and it worked then. Should I upgrade to the newest version, I think at that time 2.7 was the highest that worked w/o problems maybe?

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #4005
lpwcomp

Quote:
python 2.7 as iirc wmcombine recommended about a year ago, and it worked then. Should I upgrade to the newest version, I think at that time 2.7 was the highest that worked w/o problems maybe?
The Python version is not the issue, it is the version of pyTivo that I am referring to.

Do not update Python. Do update pyTivo.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #4006
Raver

Which version of pyTivo do you recommend?

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #4007
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Always the latest. There are several forks available from different authors. I use and recommend wmcbrine's fork:
https://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo

You can download the current version by clicking on the "ZIP" button on that page.

You can also follow @pytivo on twitter to be notified in the future when changes are made to the wmcbrine pytivo fork.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #4008
newsposter
Poster of News

i'm sure i said this in the thread earlier but if someone could get together one 'pak' of files, or even a single installer file, i think they could make some $$ off this
or at least be doing a free public service.

most of you seem like experts but even after the 2nd computer i had to install this to, it was a tad challenging finding the right files

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #4009
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i'm sure i said this in the thread earlier but if someone could get together one 'pak' of files, or even a single installer file, i think they could make some $$ off this
or at least be doing a free public service.

most of you seem like experts but even after the 2nd computer i had to install this to, it was a tad challenging finding the right files
1. Download latest zip file.

2. Unzip with "Use folder names" (or whatever the equivalent is in your unzip program) option enabled.

3. Navigate to thus created directory.

4. Drag everything in this directory to the directory where you have installed or wish to install pyTivo.

5. Select "Yes to all" when asked if you want to replace existing files.

6. Done!

Old 01-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #4010
newsposter
Poster of News

i forget what page i was on but there were at least 40 or 50 choices of what to use...tar and zip and x64 and stuff like that. sure i know what a zip file is and i know i have a 64 bit system but the one page was just realllly a bit overwhelming for a novice

plus if i recall correctly at one point i read dont do any python over 3.0 and unless you read a lot you wouldnt know that

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #4011
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
i forget what page i was on but there were at least 40 or 50 choices of what to use...tar and zip and x64 and stuff like that. sure i know what a zip file is and i know i have a 64 bit system but the one page was just realllly a bit overwhelming for a novice

plus if i recall correctly at one point i read dont do any python over 3.0 and unless you read a lot you wouldnt know that
As I said in my last post, I use and recommend the wmcbrine version. It's simple to obtain the latest version from github:
Go to: https://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo
Click on the "ZIP" button near the top of the page.

Also, pytivo is not compatible with Python 3 or greater. The recommended version of Python for pyTivo on Windows is 2.7.x (currently 2.7.3).

The Windows Install page of the pyTivo wiki does explain about versions of python. It needs some work in manual installation instructions section to more clearly explain how/where to obtain the latest pytivo code. I'll see if I can find some time soon to update it.
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...indows_Install

Last edited by gonzotek : 01-08-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #4012
lpwcomp

Quote:
Engage in hyperbole much? I suspect you were on the Python page. Yes, you need to install Python to run pyTivo but that is because pyTivo is written in Python, which is an O-O scripting language.

On the pyTivo d/l page referenced above, there is a fairly obvious button labeled "ZIP".

Quote:
That is a separate issue and you actually can't use 3.0. 2.7 is the latest version under which pyTivo will run. Most apps written to run under python 2.x will not work under 3.x and vice-versa.

BTW, pyTivoMetaThis is also written in Python.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #4013
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quote:
On the pyTivo d/l page referenced above, there is a fairly obvious button labeled "ZIP".
Actually if it is your first time in there, it is not too obvious... Look just above the listing of all the files and you'll see the word "ZIP" with an icon that appears to be a cloud with an arrow beside it. If you hover over that with your cursor, you'll see a dialog "download this repository as a zip file". That's the one you want.

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
with
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #4014
jcthorne

Need some help as I have mucked something up trying to update to the latest pytivo that can pull .ts files. I also updated ffmpeg to what ever was current last week when I was installing this.

When trying to push a properly formatted mp4 file, pytivo now wants to transcode to mpeg2 and fails doing so on bitrate. Why is it trying to transcode instead of push as is. Below is my .conf file and a transcript of the last session trying to push.

Code:
[_tivo_SD]

[Server]
tivo_password = xxxx
par = 1.0
tivo_mak = xxxx
ffmpeg = C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
ffmpeg_wait = 10
tivodecode = c:\pytivo\bin\tivodecode.exe
tivo_mind = mind.tivo.com:8181
zeroconf = Auto
togo_path = Z:\Temp Storage\Need Editing\
debug = True
tivo_username =xxxx
nosettings = False
port = 9032
ts = on

[_tivo_7460001905FFE8F]
shares = Thornoli_Photo_Albums

[_tivo_746000190681AE6]

[_tivo_74600119046B978]

[_tivo_HD]
max_audio_br = 640

[Thornoli_Photo_Albums]
type = photo
path = Z:\Photos

[Thornolis Music]
type = music
path = Z:\Music

[Movies Alphabetical]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = Z:\Video Archive\Movies Alphabetical

[Documentaries]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = Z:\Video Archive\Documentary

[Concerts]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = Z:\Video Archive\Music & Concerts

[Live Theater Performances]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = Z:\Video Archive\Live Theater Performances

[Television Shows]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows

[Tivo Transfers]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = C:\Download\Transfer

Code:
    minor_version   : 1
    compatible_brands: isomavc1
    creation_time   : 2013-01-09 16:04:09
  Duration: 00:45:35.36, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3337 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Audio: ac3 (ac-3 / 0x332D6361), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16,
384 kb/s
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : ├?
    Stream #0:1(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1276x720,
 2951 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 96k tbn, 47.95 tbc
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2013-01-09 16:04:10
At least one output file must be specified

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at mapVideo
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at mapAudio
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:aFreq=48000; vFps=23.98; container=mov; kbps=3337;
mapAudio=[('', '')]; vHeight=720; vCodec=h264; Supported=True; aKbps=384; par=No
ne; millisecs=2735360; par2=None; par1=None; mapVideo=None; vWidth=1276; dar1=No
ne; rawmeta={'major_brand': [u'isom'], 'creation_time': [u'2013-01-09 16:04:09']
, 'compatible_brands': [u'isomavc1'], 'minor_version': [u'1']}; aCodec=ac3 (ac-3
 / 0x332D6361)
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justif
ied S04E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=YES, aCodec ac3 (ac-3 / 0x332D6361) not c
ompatible, Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justified S04E01 Hole in the Wall.m
p4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justif
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=YES, vCodec h264 not compatible, Z:\Video
 Archive\Television Shows\Justified S04E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=YES, vCodec h264 not compatible, Z:\Video
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:tsn: 7460001905FFE8F
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:aspect169: True
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:optres: False
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:File=Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justified S0
4E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4 vCodec=h264 vWidth=1276 vHeight=720 vFps=23.98 millise
cs=2735360 TIVO_HEIGHT=1080 TIVO_WIDTH=1920
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:__login
{'cams_security_domain': 'tivocom', 'cams_login_config': 'http', 'cams_cb_passwo
rd': 'xxxxxx', 'cams_original_url': '/mind/mind7?type=infoGet', 'cams_cb_usernam
e': xxxxxxxxxx}
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:tsn:
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:File=Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justified S0
4E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4 vCodec=h264 vWidth=1276 vHeight=720 vFps=23.98 millise
cs=2735360 TIVO_HEIGHT=480 TIVO_WIDTH=544
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:rheight=180 rwidth=319
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:par2=1.000 ratio=177.222 mult4by3=1.176
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:16:9 aspect allowed, file is wider than 16:9 paddin
g top and bottom
-aspect 16:9 -s 544x480
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Jan/2013 17:59:46] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryCont
ainer&Container=Television%20Shows&Format=text/html HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Jan/2013 17:59:46] "GET /main.css HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Jan/2013 17:59:46] "GET /folder.png HTTP/1.1" 200 -
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:pcBodySearch
{}

<pcBodyList><isBottom>true</isBottom><isTop>true</isTop><pcBody><bucketNumber>-1
</bucketNumber><levelOfDetail>low</levelOfDetail><name>pyTivo</name><pcBodyId>ti
vo:pc.1001378221</pcBodyId><type>pcBody</type></pcBody></pcBodyList>g
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:bodyOfferModify&bodyId=tsn:7460001905FFE8F
{'subtitle': '01 Hole in the Wall', 'description': 'Raylan turns to affable but
inexperienced Constable Bob for help securing a bail jumper from Tennessee, and
finds evidence his family is at the center of a legendary unsolved mystery.', 'p
cBodyId': 'tivo:pc.1001378221', 'publishDate': '2013-01-09 23:5946', 'partnerId'
: 'tivo:pt.3187', 'duration': 2735, 'size': 5735623200L, 'title': 'Justified', '
url': 'http://192.168.1.120:9032/Television%20Shows/Justified%20S04E01%20Hole%20
in%20the%20Wall.mp4?Format=video/mpeg', 'bodyId': 'tsn:7460001905FFE8F', 'source
': 'SH01236296', 'state': 'complete', 'encodingType': 'mpeg2ProgramStream', 'tvR
ating': 'nr'}

<bodyOffer><bodyId>tsn:7460001905FFE8F</bodyId><bodyOfferId>tivo:bo.15014421</bo
dyOfferId><createDate>2013-01-09 23:59:47</createDate><description>Raylan turns
to affable but inexperienced Constable Bob for help securing a bail jumper from
Tennessee, and finds evidence his family is at the center of a legendary unsolve
d mystery.</description><duration>2735</duration><encodingType>mpeg2ProgramStrea
m</encodingType><levelOfDetail>high</levelOfDetail><offerId>tivo:of.bs.15014421<
/offerId><partnerId>tivo:pt.3187</partnerId><pcBodyId>tivo:pc.1001378221</pcBody
Id><publishDate>2013-01-14 02:06:00</publishDate><size>5735623200</size><source>
SH01236296</source><state>complete</state><subtitle>01 Hole in the Wall</subtitl
e><title>Justified</title><tvRating>nr</tvRating><updateDate>2013-01-09 23:59:47
</updateDate><url>http://192.168.1.120:9032/Television%20Shows/Justified%20S04E0
1%20Hole%20in%20the%20Wall.mp4?Format=video/mpeg</url></bodyOffer>g
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:subscribe&bodyId=tsn:7460001905FFE8F
{'uiType': 'cds', 'idSetSource': {'contentId': 'tivo:ct.bs.15014421', 'type': 's
ingleOfferSource', 'offerId': 'tivo:of.bs.15014421'}, 'bodyId': 'tsn:7460001905F
FE8F', 'title': 'pcBodySubscription'}

<subscribeResult><subscription><autoRecord>true</autoRecord><bodyGeneratesCandid
ates>false</bodyGeneratesCandidates><bodyId>tsn:7460001905FFE8F</bodyId><hdOnly>
false</hdOnly><idSetSource><contentId>tivo:ct.bs.15014421</contentId><offerId>ti
vo:of.bs.15014421</offerId><type>singleOfferSource</type></idSetSource><isAdult>
false</isAdult><isForKids>false</isForKids><levelOfDetail>high</levelOfDetail><s
howStatus>rerunsAllowed</showStatus><subscriptionId>tivo:sb.15014821</subscripti
onId><title>pcBodySubscription</title><type>subscription</type><uiType>cds</uiTy
pe></subscription></subscribeResult>g
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.106 [09/Jan/2013 18:01:00] "GET /Television%20Shows/Justif
ied%20S04E01%20Hole%20in%20the%20Wall.mp4?Format=video%2Fmpeg HTTP/1.1" 206 -
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:[09/Jan/2013 18:01:00] Start sending "Z:\Video Archive\T
elevision Shows\Justified S04E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4" to Thornolis HT
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.video:"Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justified S04E01 Hol
e in the Wall.mp4" is not tivo compatible
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:tsn: 7460001905FFE8F
cs=2735360 TIVO_HEIGHT=1080 TIVO_WIDTH=1920
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:transcoding to tivo model 746 using ffmpeg command:

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i Z:\Video Archive\Televi
sion Shows\Justified S04E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4 -vcodec mpeg2video -b 16384k -m
axrate 30000k -bufsize 4096k -ab 64k -ar 48000 -acodec ac3 -copyts -f vob -
ffmpeg version N-47062-g26c531c Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Nov 25 2012 12:21:26 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-pthreads --enable-runt
ime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libass -
-enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enab
le-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libo
pus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheo
ra --enable-libutvideo --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-li
bvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --ena
ble-zlib
  libavutil      52.  9.100 / 52.  9.100
  libavcodec     54. 77.100 / 54. 77.100
  libavformat    54. 37.100 / 54. 37.100
  libavdevice    54.  3.100 / 54.  3.100
  libavfilter     3. 23.102 /  3. 23.102
  libswscale      2.  1.102 /  2.  1.102
  libswresample   0. 17.101 /  0. 17.101
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'Z:\Video Archive\Television Shows\Justi
fied S04E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
  Duration: 00:45:35.36, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3337 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Audio: ac3 (ac-3 / 0x332D6361), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16,
384 kb/s
    Metadata:
    Stream #0:1(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1276x720,
 2951 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 96k tbn, 47.95 tbc
    Metadata:
Please use -b:a or -b:v, -b is ambiguous
Output #0, vob, to 'pipe:':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    encoder         : Lavf54.37.100
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1276x720, q=2-31, 16384 kb/s,
90k tbn, 23.98 tbc
    Metadata:
    Stream #0:1(und): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 64 kb/s
    Metadata:
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:0 (h264 -> mpeg2video)
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:1 (ac3 -> ac3)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
frame=   58 fps=0.0 q=2.0 size=     706kB time=00:00:02.84 bitrate=2034.6kbits/s
frame=  103 fps=102 q=2.0 size=    1620kB time=00:00:04.66 bitrate=2843.8kbits/s
frame=  145 fps= 95 q=3.0 size=    2258kB time=00:00:06.52 bitrate=2835.9kbits/s
frame=  167 fps= 80 q=2.0 size=    3948kB time=00:00:07.41 bitrate=4359.5kbits/s
frame=  184 fps= 71 q=2.0 size=    5830kB time=00:00:07.89 bitrate=6046.5kbits/s
frame=  203 fps= 64 q=2.0 size=    7258kB time=00:00:08.79 bitrate=6760.6kbits/s
frame=  228 fps= 61 q=2.0 size=    8842kB time=00:00:09.72 bitrate=7450.0kbits/s
frame=  249 fps= 59 q=2.0 size=   10370kB time=00:00:10.65 bitrate=7976.1kbits/s
frame=  278 fps= 58 q=1.6 size=   11890kB time=00:00:12.02 bitrate=8098.9kbits/s
frame=  305 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   12964kB time=00:00:12.95 bitrate=8197.9kbits/s
frame=  331 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   14156kB time=00:00:14.29 bitrate=8110.3kbits/s
frame=  360 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   15446kB time=00:00:15.22 bitrate=8310.0kbits/s
frame=  396 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   16980kB time=00:00:17.05 bitrate=8158.0kbits/s
frame=  428 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   18274kB time=00:00:18.42 bitrate=8124.1kbits/s
frame=  463 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   19540kB time=00:00:19.80 bitrate=8083.3kbits/s
frame=  496 fps= 58 q=2.0 size=   20728kB time=00:00:21.17 bitrate=8017.7kbits/s
frame=  523 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   22238kB time=00:00:22.10 bitrate=8240.7kbits/s
frame=  538 fps= 55 q=2.0 size=   22842kB time=00:00:23.03 bitrate=8123.5kbits/s
frame=  561 fps= 54 q=2.0 size=   23900kB time=00:00:23.93 bitrate=8181.5kbits/s
frame=  591 fps= 55 q=2.0 size=   24976kB time=00:00:24.85 bitrate=8230.7kbits/s
frame=  613 fps= 54 q=2.0 size=   26152kB time=00:00:25.81 bitrate=8297.8kbits/s
frame=  646 fps= 54 q=2.0 size=   27618kB time=00:00:27.19 bitrate=8319.5kbits/s
frame=  674 fps= 54 q=2.0 size=   28840kB time=00:00:28.53 bitrate=8278.5kbits/s
frame=  701 fps= 54 q=1.6 size=   30104kB time=00:00:29.46 bitrate=8369.2kbits/s
frame=  734 fps= 54 q=2.0 size=   31134kB time=00:00:30.84 bitrate=8269.4kbits/s
frame=  766 fps= 54 q=2.0 size=   32280kB time=00:00:32.18 bitrate=8215.8kbits/s
frame=  825 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   33358kB time=00:00:34.93 bitrate=7821.4kbits/s
frame=  865 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   34720kB time=00:00:36.31 bitrate=7832.3kbits/s
frame=  898 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   35794kB time=00:00:37.69 bitrate=7779.8kbits/s
frame=  932 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   36836kB time=00:00:39.09 bitrate=7717.9kbits/s
frame=  954 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   37944kB time=00:00:39.99 bitrate=7772.0kbits/s
frame=  980 fps= 57 q=2.0 size=   39636kB time=00:00:41.37 bitrate=7848.5kbits/s
frame= 1000 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   41252kB time=00:00:42.29 bitrate=7989.3kbits/s
frame= 1026 fps= 56 q=2.0 size=   42882kB time=00:00:43.19 bitrate=8132.7kbits/s
frame= 1027 fps= 33 q=2.0 size=   42882kB time=00:00:43.19 bitrate=8132.7kbits/s
frame= 1042 fps= 33 q=2.0 size=   44108kB time=00:00:43.77 bitrate=8255.1kbits/s
frame= 1075 fps= 34 q=2.3 size=   45444kB time=00:00:45.08 bitrate=8257.7kbits/s
frame= 1101 fps= 34 q=2.0 size=   46548kB time=00:00:46.42 bitrate=8213.4kbits/s
frame= 1119 fps= 34 q=2.0 size=   47772kB time=00:00:46.90 bitrate=8343.1kbits/s
Bit allocation failed. Try increasing the bitrate.
Audio encoding failed (avcodec_encode_audio2)
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:[09/Jan/2013 18:01:34] Done sending "Z:\Video Archive\Te
levision Shows\Justified S04E01 Hole in the Wall.mp4" to Thornolis HT, 49620992
bytes, 11.33 Mb/s

Setup help for pytivo under windows:

Last edited by jcthorne : 01-10-2013 at 04:35 AM.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #4015
txporter
One sec, almost done

jcthorne- I took a look through what you posted and didn't see anything obvious. Hopefully wmcbrine can find something.

Does it try to transcode on a push as well?

I have the new ts-pull enabled pytivo working on my DS111. Here is my conf file, don't see anything very different in it.

Code:
[Videos]
force_alpha = true
type = video
path = /volume1/Video/Video

[Tivo Downloads]
force_alpha = true
type = video
path = /volume1/private/Tivo_Downloads

[_tivo_HD]

[_tivo_SD]
width = 720

[Server]
tivo_mak = xxxx
#ffmpeg = /usr/syno/bin/ffmpeg
ffmpeg = /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/bin/ffmpeg
tivo_password = xxxx
force_alpha = true
togo_path = /volume1/private/Tivo_Downloads
tivo_username = xxxx
port = 9032
ts = on

Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #4016
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Note for Windows users: I've updated the pyTiVo wiki Windows Install and Current Releases pages to (hopefully) help new users get started easier. You can see a summary of my changes to the Windows Install page here:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...=548&oldid=533

The Current Release page was lightly edited to suggest that new users try the wmcbrine fork first and to clarify how to easily obtain the most current version from his github repo.

Feel free to review and edit or suggest further changes.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #4017
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
jcthorne- I took a look through what you posted and didn't see anything obvious. Hopefully wmcbrine can find something.

Does it try to transcode on a push as well?

I have the new ts-pull enabled pytivo working on my DS111. Here is my conf file, don't see anything very different in it.

Code:
[Videos]
force_alpha = true
type = video
path = /volume1/Video/Video

[Tivo Downloads]
force_alpha = true
type = video
path = /volume1/private/Tivo_Downloads

[_tivo_HD]

[_tivo_SD]
width = 720

[Server]
tivo_mak = xxxx
#ffmpeg = /usr/syno/bin/ffmpeg
ffmpeg = /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/bin/ffmpeg
tivo_password = xxxx
force_alpha = true
togo_path = /volume1/private/Tivo_Downloads
tivo_username = xxxx
port = 9032
ts = on
Thanks for taking the time to look. The debug output was from an attempted push of an h.264 compatible mp4 file.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #4018
txporter
One sec, almost done

Ah, ok. I see that you wrote that in your initial post. Do you still have a copy of your old ffmpeg that you could test to see if pushes are still being transcoded?
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #4019
jcthorne

That was a good suggestion. Yes, I have the old ffmpeg and placed it back in the bin directory. Push works again. Perhaps I have a wrong version of ffmpeg.exe.

Is there a known good windows binary ffmpeg I should be using with this version of pytivo?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #4020
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
That was a good suggestion. Yes, I have the old ffmpeg and placed it back in the bin directory. Push works again. Perhaps I have a wrong version of ffmpeg.exe.

Is there a known good windows binary ffmpeg I should be using with this version of pytivo?
I just (over the last two days) edited up the wiki to suggest getting a more recent build of ffmpeg than rdian06's (since he appears inactive and it's quite old now). I'm recommending ffmpeg 1.1, as it's quite recent(1-8-2013) and it "works for me"™ I've also used several of the daily builds from zeranoe's page starting around the last week of December, but felt that going with a specific 'point-version' was a better idea for new users. The work done on pyTivo to support h264 pulls occurred mostly in Dec. and the build you have of ffmpeg in the logs above is from November...Which I would have assumed would have been ok for our purposes. When I get home today I'll try pushing my mp4 files that I know have been pulling correctly with the new ts=on functionality and let you know if they end up transcoded or not.