TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #3781
wkearney99
Bill Kearney

If you open the video files in a program like VLC (a video player) it has options to let you see the various technical details like codecs used in the file.

This has nothing to do with using pyTivo for transfers, but tread carefully if you ever fiddle around with codecs; especially under Windows. Using VLC won't harm anything. But the temptation to use various online codec packs of 'repair' tools often leads to seriously screwed up playback of media on your PC. Just a word of caution.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #3782
lpwcomp

I have a request for testing. Any pyTivo users who use pulls to a Premiere and have the latest Premiere s/w update, if you have a series or other set of recordings you wish to test grouping on, try using a seriesId of the form SH9nnnnnnn where the nnnnnnn is at least 0001101. As an example of one that appears to work for me:
Code:
seriesTitle : The Legend of Neil
title : The Legend of Neil
seriesId : SH90001101
isEpisode : true
isEpisodic : true
displayMajorNumber : 9000
callsign : ONLINE
Having been fooled too many times in the past, I'm not gonna guarantee anything, particularly before I get independent confirmation.

BTW, at least one thing appears to have been fixed. It now once again displays the group name in the SDUI for these user created series.

Edit: At least two people have confirmed that this works. Note: This is only on the Premiere. It does not work on earlier models.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 11-03-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: update
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #3783
BeeBee59

Pc

I'm having problems with my tivo's seeing my PC....I tried everything and setting ports....I have a wireless router Arris DG360 which is new and the problem started...any suggestions?
BeeBee59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #3784
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee59 View Post
I'm having problems with my tivo's seeing my PC....I tried everything and setting ports....I have a wireless router Arris DG360 which is new and the problem started...any suggestions?
Please post your pyTivo.conf file, after removing any sensitive data (user names, passwords, TSNs, etc)

Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #3785
ohmyjosh

Transfer Prohibited by the Copyright Holder

I know this issue relates to FFMPEG. I switched to a new version of ffmpeg and it vastly sped up my pulls from the Tivo, but now when I try to play older video files I often get this error. The problem is, when I switched back to the "working" ffmpeg, I was getting the error with different files.

I never got this error before and I've been using pytivo for a couple of years.

I have Windows 7, 64 bit. What version of FFMPEG should I be using for the best compatibility?

Thanks!
ohmyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #3786
lew

A few months ago I had major problems with push. I discovered sometimes my username (email address) was case sensitive. I changed my user name to all caps and the problem went away. I don't know if there is (was?) and issue with one of tivo's servers. I discovered I was unable to log into my tivo account unless I used upper case, that motivated me to change my pytivo configuration.

I know username isn't suppose to be case sensitive but give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Pushes still seem to be a bit hit or miss, at least for me. Not as bad as it was, but still not working properly every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtag48 View Post
Still more miss than hit for me. Pushing a series (Episode 1,2,3,4,5,etc.) is completely random now. I queue up all episodes in order and Episode 2 and 4 may be the only ones to successfully push for example. Never had that problem before last Friday. One thing I can not figure out is that my odds for a successful push are definitely improved after a computer restart. I would think that stopping pyTiVo and restarting it (via command line or web interface) would have the same effect but it does not, at least for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Yeah I'm not seeing 100% success, either. It's far better than it was, but definitely not 100%.

lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #3787
newsposter
Poster of News

i have a new laptop and am not having fun...

edited for the 10th time:

i can get the list of shows from the tivo showing on the laptop but i cannot see the 2 videos i have in my laptop folder

now it says bad ffmpeg folder but thats not possible because it just worked without that error

edit again: now i stopped ffmpeg error but i cannot see the videos in the tivo folder on the laptop yet

tivocode not found when i tired pulling from tivo to the laptop but the title of the show showed up on the laptop...yet the laptop cant see anything to push from it...the shows already on the laptop that is...i do now see the show i moved from tivo to the laptop

and i keep having the ffmpeg error..it's the 20 mb file..is that right

edit: i looked at mymovies on tivo..the file that i moved from tivo to the laptop shows up there...however all the other files in that same directory dont show up under mymovies.why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter

Last edited by newsposter : 11-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #3788
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i can get the list of shows from the tivo showing on the laptop but i cannot see the 2 videos i have in my laptop folder
Post your pyTivo.conf file, removing all sensitive info.

Post the log output from pyTivo (use code tags, please).

Quote:
now it says bad ffmpeg folder but thats not possible because it just worked without that error
What operating system are you running? Where is ffmpeg (or ffmpeg.exe)?

Quote:
tivocode not found when i tired pulling from tivo to the laptop but the title of the show showed up on the laptop...yet the laptop cant see anything to push from it...the shows already on the laptop that is...i do now see the show i moved from tivo to the laptop
Take a breath. You're babbling.

Please be more clear about exactly what you are doing and what the exact results of each step are, on which machine.

Quote:
and i keep having the ffmpeg error..it's the 20 mb file..is that right
That sounds a little large. None of my builds are more than 11M, but then the actual size depends in part on which encoders and decoders are compiled in.

Quote:
edit: i looked at mymovies on tivo..the file that i moved from tivo to the laptop shows up there...however all the other files in that same directory dont show up under mymovies.why?
Again, you are not being quite clear about where you are looking and what you are seeing.

I take it you have a directory named mymovies defined as a share in pyTivo? I also take it the folder shows up on the TiVo? When you go to the TiVo's NPL and drill into the mymovies folder, you only see one video file? Meanwhile on the PC there are several video files? Are you sure they are valid video files? What type of video files are they? Have you tried playing them on the PC using some video player such as VLC or WMP?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #3789
newsposter
Poster of News

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = C:\Python27\New Folder
debug = true
tdcat = C:\Python27\New Folder
tivodecode = C:\Python27\New Folder
tivo_password =
tivo_username =
togo_path = E:\tivo shows
tivo_mak =
tivo_mind = mind.tivo.com:8181
beacon = 192.168.1.110

[MyMovies]
type = video
path = E:\tivo shows

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

Code:
INFO:pyTivo:Last modified: Wed Nov 28 19:34:56 2012
INFO:pyTivo:Python: 2.7.3
INFO:pyTivo:System: Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
ERROR:pyTivo.config:Bad ffmpeg path: C:\Python27\New Folder
WARNING:pyTivo.config:ffmpeg not found
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Registering: MyMovies
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:DVR-xxx
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported E:\tivo shows\show.avi
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported E:\tivo shows\show.wmv

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported E:\tivo shows\show.avi
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.110 [29/Nov/2012 07:30:22] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=MyMovies&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=xxx HTTP/1.1" 200
 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.110 [29/Nov/2012 07:30:22] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=%2F&DoGenres=1 HTTP/1.0" 200 -
win 8 and i've copied ffmpeg to every directory ..pytivo..the new folder..wcmbrine..i admit i'm clueless about how all this works but it's definitely in the directory mentioned above

the tivo shows no shows that are in my show directly on the laptop. the laptop does show all the shows on the tivo. all the shows are playable on the computer. as a test i used the laptop to pull from the tivo. it transferred into the directory onto my laptop. if i go to try to push that file from the laptop to the tivo, the same file wont go back. also, no other files in that same directory show up in the screen on IE. if i go to mymovies on tivo, it only shows that one show i moved over

!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #3790
jcthorne

ffmpeg = C:\Python27\New Folder\ffmpeg.exe

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #3791
newsposter
Poster of News

ill do that as soon as i get home tonight..is that really causing all those issues?

id be thrill if thats all it is

one other silly question, i did not download the free program from tivos site..last time i did that before i knew what its limitations were...do i need that at all? i'm assuming not but i do want to make sure

thanks.

!

Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #3792
jcthorne

May not be all but its a big part. Without ffmpeg, pytivo cannot even tell what a file is nor present it to the tivo. Fix this, get rid of the ffmpeg not found error and lets see what is still needing fixing.

There is no need for Tivo Desktop to be installed. You will need tivodecode to work with Tivo to PC transfers and .tivo files.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #3793
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Without FFmpeg, pyTivo will still serve .TiVo, .mpg, and .vob files to the TiVo (as well as music and pictures). But not .avi or .wmv.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #3794
newsposter
Poster of News

ty for the help, cant wait to get home tonight

and i think someone could be making money putting together a master pytivo installer for dummies..including python (most people would want to pick the most recent version of it from the wiki page but i recall reading somewhere you cant use over 3.0 or something so just did 2.7.3)

i know what these threads are intending to do helping people but if i had this all in one big file/directory online instead of going to multiple sites and trying to figure it all out, i'd be more than happy to pay for it (plus instructions even a 2 year old could understand)

the ffmpeg site is pretty overwhelming for us novices and i just picked the top 64 bit one and just hope that works.

!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #3795
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
ffmpeg = C:\Python27\New Folder\ffmpeg.exe
Quote:
ill do that as soon as i get home tonight..is that really causing all those issues?
At least some of them. Note the same is true for tdcat and tivodecode. You need the fullly qualified file name, not just the folder.

Quote:
one other silly question
It is not a silly question.

Quote:
i did not download the free program from tivos site..last time i did that before i knew what its limitations were...do i need that at all? i'm assuming not but i do want to make sure
I presume you mean TiVoDesktop? No, you don't need TDT to handle what you are trying to do at the moment. Tivodecode can strip the encryption and convert the .TiVo files to .mpg, provided you are not trying to do TS downloads from a Premiere class machine.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #3796
newsposter
Poster of News

it works so far tyvm

SUPER fast amazing too!!!

!

Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #3797
newsposter
Poster of News

i have windows 8:

on the desktop i have the pytivo shortcut (pointing to pytivo.py) and it runs fine when i double click it...if i drag it to the taskbar and i click it, it just shows python running and a command line

if i right click the taskbar it says python command line and on the top of the menu there it says pytivo.py

on the desktop when i right click on the pytivo.py shortcut, there is no option to pin to taskbar, just the standard menu items..copy paste etc

my guess is since it's not a typical 'pinnable' program this is my issue?

i really would like it in my taskbar because it's a very heavily used program

or alternatively if there's a way to start it every time i run win 8 i'd be open to that as well

thx

!

Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #3798
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Create a windows batch file (plaintext file with .bat or .cmd file extension, eg. pytivo.cmd). In the plain text file, add the path to python and pytivo.py, similar to this:
Code:
c:\python27\python.exe c:\pytivo\pytivo.py
This file is seen as executable by windows (and thus can be pinned directly). It executes python with pytivo.py as its parameter. Be sure to use the directories that exist on your system, they may not necessarily be the same as my example. And use quotes around each path if there are spaces in the path name (e.g. "C:\tivo programs\pytivo\pytivo.py").

Someone else can tackle the startup option. I'm not sure what the options are for startup apps in Win8.
Quote:
i have windows 8:

on the desktop i have the pytivo shortcut (pointing to pytivo.py) and it runs fine when i double click it...if i drag it to the taskbar and i click it, it just shows python running and a command line

if i right click the taskbar it says python command line and on the top of the menu there it says pytivo.py

on the desktop when i right click on the pytivo.py shortcut, there is no option to pin to taskbar, just the standard menu items..copy paste etc

my guess is since it's not a typical 'pinnable' program this is my issue?

i really would like it in my taskbar because it's a very heavily used program

or alternatively if there's a way to start it every time i run win 8 i'd be open to that as well

thx

A Web app for Roku Remote Control

Last edited by gonzotek : 12-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #3799
innocentfreak

Anyone else seeing failed pushes again? None of my pushes are going through the last two days.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #3800
lrhorer

In only tried a couple this weekend, but they went through. I just queued up a show for push, and it started copying in a matter of a few seconds.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #3801
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
In only tried a couple this weekend, but they went through. I just queued up a show for push, and it started copying in a matter of a few seconds.
Ok thanks. Still not working here so I will have to play with it and see if something else is going on.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #3802
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Ok thanks. Still not working here so I will have to play with it and see if something else is going on.
Check your tivo_mind setting which can be different depending on if your target unit is currently on staging or production server.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #3803
lpwcomp

Automated (via kmttg) push to remote TiVo worked fine tonight. Took awhile. 1/2 hour show started at 20:21:04 and was done at 21:38:19.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #3804
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Check your tivo_mind setting which can be different depending on if your target unit is currently on staging or production server.
Yeah everything looks correct. I need to make sure some of my settings didn't change. I pulled the latest pytivo update tonight and one of my shares disappeared and I had to add it again under settings so I wonder if something else is set incorrectly or reverted.

I am pulling shows fine so no idea.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #3805
lpwcomp

Quote:
Yeah everything looks correct. I need to make sure some of my settings didn't change. I pulled the latest pytivo update tonight and one of my shares disappeared and I had to add it again under settings so I wonder if something else is set incorrectly or reverted.

I am pulling shows fine so no idea.
How exactly are the pushes failing?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #3806
innocentfreak

Quote:
How exactly are the pushes failing?
Fail is probably not the best term, but they just never show up. It is just like the issue we had before where the TiVo never even started downloading. I skimmed the logs and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #3807
jcthorne

I am using JukeBox to stream mp3 files to the tivo via pytivo. Don't really know if this is a 'new' problem with the fall update or what but the streamed audio does not play via the HDMI connection. Tivo recorded shows and live tv are fine, projector on or off does not matter. Audio streamed from pytivo does not make it to the reciever. Devices connected via component audio cables get sound fine.

Any idea what is going on and why pytivo cannot stream audio to the HDMI connection?

Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #3808
lpwcomp

Quote:
Fail is probably not the best term, but they just never show up. It is just like the issue we had before where the TiVo never even started downloading. I skimmed the logs and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.
So, pyTivo is contacting mind.tivo to queue the push but the TiVo never requests the transfer?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #3809
innocentfreak

Quote:
So, pyTivo is contacting mind.tivo to queue the push but the TiVo never requests the transfer?
As far as I can tell, I don't see anything jumping out of the log that is pointing to a failure to connect to mind.

It looks like a push is going through now so whatever it was it looks like it fixed itself.

Last edited by innocentfreak : 12-11-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #3810
lpwcomp

Quote:
As far as I can tell, I don't see anything jumping out of the log that is pointing to a failure to connect to mind.
Are you getting the "Queued" message? How are you initiating the push - pytivo browser interface, kmttg, vidmgr, or something else?

Edit: missed the part about it fixing itself.