TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #3361
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texag93 View Post
Thanks for all the tips lrhorer. I will give that a try!
You're certainly welcome.

Quote:
BTW, do your DVD's play back on the Tivo with 5.1 surround sound?
Yes, they do, provided of course it was 5.1 on the DVD in the first place. I have some DVDs that are not 5.1 or even 3.1.

Quote:
Regarding the Grande Tivo, just to update in case anyone wonders. The Premier that comes with Grande service is pretty much an off the shelf Tivo. They only disabled Netflix and Hulu, and everything else seems to work, including pyTivo!
Have you tried any HME functions, like Galleon or vidmgr?

Quote:
Now the only challenge i'm still having is they are having trouble linking my Grande Tivo with my personal one so that I can transfer shows between them (they have to have the same media access key). But they say it should work - they just started this service 2 months ago in Dallas and have some kinks to work out.
Yeah, that could be a bit sticky, since the MAK is tied to the account. This is something TiVo will have to fix on their end, at least in terms of it working at all. They will have to allow either you or Grande to add a TiVo that is not on your account.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #3362
JosephB

Now that streaming is coming soon with 20.2, is there any hope that pyTivo will be able to stream? I'm not sure how it works, I guess it's showing up to the Premieres as a Series 3? If so, any way to work towards streaming support?

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #3363
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephB View Post
Now that streaming is coming soon with 20.2, is there any hope that pyTivo will be able to stream?
We don't really know anything about how streaming is implemented yet. So... maybe?

Quote:
I guess it's showing up to the Premieres as a Series 3?
If you mean pyTivo, no -- from the TiVo's perspective, it looks more like TiVo Desktop (with some aspects that are more like a real TiVo, and with unique elements of its own), but it doesn't actually masquerade as anything; it reports itself as pyTivo. (I could explain this in great detail, but it's boring.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #3364
JosephB

Awesome. I don't know Python, but I'm generally a pretty adept technical type. Recently got back into TiVo when I got a Premiere so I'm looking forward to continued development and hope to help however I can

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #3365
innocentfreak

wmcbrine, let me know if that works for you or I can email you the file. I didn't realize the code option would mess up the formatting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #3366
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The code tag didn't mess up the formatting. Anyway, yes, that was good enough.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #3367
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The code tag didn't mess up the formatting. Anyway, yes, that was good enough.
Ok cool, let me know if you need anything else.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #3368
tomm1079

i looked up 4 posts and got my answer

Last edited by tomm1079 : 01-13-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: i looked up 4 posts and got my answer
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #3369
TracySMiller

I'm having a problem now with pyTivo and my Tivo Premiere. I have the latest 20.2 update, and am using the McBrine fork of pyTiVo. My video shares are taking a LONG time to populate quite often, sometimes 10-15 minutes. When I enter the menu to my video shares, it'll appear as if the list is blank for this length of time. Eventually they appear. Pushes are also taking about 10-15 minutes before the blue light comes on on the TiVo. Any ideas? Here is my tivo.config:

[Tracy]
force_alpha = true
type = music
path = \\NAS\Public\Music

[_tivo_SD]

[Videos on NAS]
force_alpha = true
type = video
path = \\NAS\Public\Videos

[_tivo_HD]

[Server]
tivo_password = xxxxxxxxx
tivo_mak = xxxxxxxxx
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
temp = C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo
tivodecode = C:\tivodecode\tivodecode
togo_path = \\NAS\Public\Videos\Tivo Recordings
tivo_username = xxxxxxxxxxxx
port = 9032
TracySMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #3370
Mark.Tolman

My TiVo is placing files transferred from my pyTivo share into the "My Shows" list based on the date/time of the file, not the date/time it was transferred. I'm not sure what changed, they used to show up at the top of the list. I am using the McBrine fork of pyTiVo from a couple weeks ago.

I've searched this forum, but haven't found an answer, so I thought I would post.

Other than a minor mod to start the ffmpeg process in a "below-normal" priority, I've not touched the code. I was about to mess around with it to try and force the current date on the files, but figured I'd ask you first. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #3371
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.Tolman View Post
My TiVo is placing files transferred from my pyTivo share into the "My Shows" list based on the date/time of the file, not the date/time it was transferred. I'm not sure what changed, they used to show up at the top of the list. I am using the McBrine fork of pyTiVo from a couple weeks ago.

I've searched this forum, but haven't found an answer, so I thought I would post.

Other than a minor mod to start the ffmpeg process in a "below-normal" priority, I've not touched the code. I was about to mess around with it to try and force the current date on the files, but figured I'd ask you first. Thanks.
There is a thread posted in the wrong forum about this:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=482327
In short 20.2 software on Series 4 units broke sending extended metadata to a TiVo (among other things).

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #3372
BankZ

Quote:
But what is the length of the program? (File size is kind of irrelevant -- the reencoded size could be quite different.)
It was 2.5 hours
BankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #3373
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Two quick questions guys:

1) This has never happened to me before. I pulled a program using KMTTG and encoded it in mp4, putting it in my shared VIDEO directory. It's an episode of a series I am behind on. OK. So, now, I am trying to use pyTiVo to pull it back. Can't. It says that it's copyright protected. What the heck?!!! I've never seen this before! Do I need to re-encode this file or something?

2) Also, I can't get my PHOTO and MUSIC shares to show-up. Other than Identifying them as <photo> and <music> do I have to do anything else in config file with them? (No problem with any of my video shares. I got 4).

Thanks.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #3374
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
It says that it's copyright protected. What the heck?!!!
pyTivo gives that notice for anything it can't transfer, for whatever reason, because that's basically the only mechanism available for reporting an error to the TiVo. Usually it means that ffmpeg reported an error when it tried to read the file. So, yes, it sounds like there's a problem with the file, at least from ffmpeg's perspective. I'd have to see the log/console output to tell you more.

Quote:
Also, I can't get my PHOTO and MUSIC shares to show-up. Other than Identifying them as <photo> and <music>
I'm assuming that you don't actually have the angle brackets in your pyTivo.conf.

Usually when people say this, it's because they're looking in the wrong place. Video shares appear at the bottom of the NPL, but music and photo shares appear under "Music, Photos, & Showcases" (SDUI) or "Music & Photos" (HDUI). (These names vary slightly depending on the TiVo software version, but you get the idea.)

Old 01-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #3375
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
pyTivo gives that notice for anything it can't transfer, for whatever reason, because that's basically the only mechanism available for reporting an error to the TiVo. Usually it means that ffmpeg reported an error when it tried to read the file. So, yes, it sounds like there's a problem with the file, at least from ffmpeg's perspective. I'd have to see the log/console output to tell you more.

I'm assuming that you don't actually have the angle brackets in your pyTivo.conf.

Usually when people say this, it's because they're looking in the wrong place. Video shares appear at the bottom of the NPL, but music and photo shares appear under "Music, Photos, & Showcases" (SDUI) or "Music & Photos" (HDUI). (These names vary slightly depending on the TiVo software version, but you get the idea.)
On the second one (and since I am using your branch of pyTiVo) - Thanks! - you're probably right! I'll go look.

On the first one, I'll run a diagnostic, OR re-encode!
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #3376
Raver

I'm having a hard time getting this pytivo thing to work. I've dl python 3.2 and wmcbrine's zip info and have the pydoc server running. After reading through these posts there are other settings that I need to change but I don't know where or how to do them. Help!

I'm on win7

Theodore Roosevelt
Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #3377
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raver View Post
I'm having a hard time getting this pytivo thing to work. I've dl python 3.2 and wmcbrine's zip info and have the pydoc server running. After reading through these posts there are other settings that I need to change but I don't know where or how to do them. Help!

I'm on win7
I think things went south when you DLed python 3.2. I haven't installed pytivo from scratch in a while, but these were some pretty straightforward installation instructions for windows. <removed link>

Last edited by reneg : 02-03-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Removed link to keep it simple
reneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #3378
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yes, pyTivo is for Python 2.x only, now and for the foreseeable future.

I don't recommend those instructions, I'd suggest these instead:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...ns_for_Windows

I mean, if you must use Windows.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #3379
Raver

Quote:
Yes, pyTivo is for Python 2.x only, now and for the foreseeable future.

I don't recommend those instructions, I'd suggest these instead:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...ns_for_Windows

I mean, if you must use Windows.
Yes I must... lol

Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Raver : 02-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #3380
Raver

I created a folder in pyTivo called install/bin and installed the ffmpeg and the tivodecode and tdcat files in it. Is this the correct way to do it?

When I point my browser to http://localhost:9032

This is all I see... no the pyTivo webconfigurator

This is a pyTivo server

No Admin plugin installed in pyTivo.conf
If you wish to use the admin plugin add the following lines to pyTivo.conf

[Admin]
type=admin
Video shares:
MyMovies

Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Raver : 02-03-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #3381
Raver

I still can't get the web configuration up but I do get the push to Tivo buttons. I checked Tivo and it sees these files but I get and error when I try to push them to tivo. when I click on Tivo to start the movie it just goes back to the title I clicked on and won't start, presumably becuase it didn't get pushed?

MyMovies
Title
Movies Open Folder
VccTempVideo Open Folder
ADS_UV_HarryPotter7P2_main_FAXS_2000k_dl
Untitled

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #3382
Raver

I added an exception in windows firewall...but since I'm seeing the files in on Tivos now playing I assume the firewall isn't the problem.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #3383
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raver View Post
I created a folder in pyTivo called install/bin and installed the ffmpeg and the tivodecode and tdcat files in it. Is this the correct way to do it?
No -- just "bin". Where are you getting "install/bin"?

Of course you can call it whatever you want, as long as you point to it in pyTivo.conf. But "bin" in the one that's recognized automatically, so you don't need to specify the paths.

Quote:
No Admin plugin installed in pyTivo.conf
You're using a very old version of pyTivo.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #3384
Raver

6. Extract the ffmpeg.zip and overwrite the old ffmpeg.exe in \<install folder>\bin\ If the directory does not exist, create it.

7. To properly handle .tivo files grab the special version of tivodecode: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/download.php?id=196

8. Drop the tivodecode files into \<install folder>\bin\.

Which version is newer of pyTivo? Have link to it?

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #3385
lpwcomp

<install folder> refers to whatever folder you installed pyTivo. For example, if you installed pyTivo in C:\pyTivo then <install folder>\bin would be C:\pyTivo\bin

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #3386
Raver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
<install folder> refers to whatever folder you installed pyTivo. For example, if you installed pyTivo in C:\pyTivo then <install folder>\bin would be C:\pyTivo\bin
Thanks that's what I ended up doing. Still won't upload to tivo however.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #3387
lpwcomp

To get the latest version of pyTivo, use the "My pyTivo fork" link in wcmbrine's sig line. He's the developer.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #3388
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

A developer.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #3389
BankZ

I am having a problem running as a service. Everything works fine when I run "pyTivo.py". However, when I run as a service it sees the app in my Now Playing but does now see any files. Ideas?
BankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #3390
lpwcomp

Quote:
A developer.
Don't confuse the issue with facts.

OK then, he is one of* the developers of pyTivo.

* Thought of saying "current lead" but wasn't sure how that would be received.