TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #3301
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I have a very odd situation. I recorded something on the TP and transferred it to my PC via kmttg.
I don't run pytivo or ffmpeg directly, so I'm just guessing here:

I'm puzzled by the .TiVo extension on the file on your F: drive (as shown in the log).

When you used kmttg to get it, did you check the decrypt box? Usually the .TiVo extension means it hasn't been decrypted yet. If it's still encrypted, then ffmpeg won't be able to make any sense out of it.

Now that the file is on your local drive, you can also run tivodecode directly on it (found within kmttg directory).
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:30 AM   #3302
moyekj

.TiVo files should be fine to transfer with pyTivo. The problem is ffmpeg output is missing information on video height & width among other things so pyTivo is not passing the "compatible video" test.
Code:
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at vWidth/vHeight
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at vFps
This is because video line is missing info pyTivo is looking for:
Code:
Stream #0.1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, 90k tbn
Most likely this is because you have "Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format" option enabled in kmttg and thus the TiVo files are in mpeg2 transport stream container which ffmpeg is unable to retrieve proper info for.
My suggestion is disable that option in kmttg so the downloads are in Program Stream container instead. This will mean slower downloads but more traditional format such that pyTivo and/or tivodecode can handle it properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #3303
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
I don't run pytivo or ffmpeg directly, so I'm just guessing here:

I'm puzzled by the .TiVo extension on the file on your F: drive (as shown in the log).

When you used kmttg to get it, did you check the decrypt box? Usually the .TiVo extension means it hasn't been decrypted yet. If it's still encrypted, then ffmpeg won't be able to make any sense out of it.

Now that the file is on your local drive, you can also run tivodecode directly on it (found within kmttg directory).
The reason there was a .tivo file is that I had no plans to decrypt it. I only did that (to the previously transferred file) in order to determine if it would work and give me a useable mpeg, which it did. You must have missed my second post on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Most likely this is because you have "Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format" option enabled in kmttg and thus the TiVo files are in mpeg2 transport stream container which ffmpeg is unable to retrieve proper info for.
My suggestion is disable that option in kmttg so the downloads are in Program Stream container instead. This will mean slower downloads but more traditional format such that pyTivo and/or tivodecode can handle it properly.
*bzzz*,wrong answer, but thanks for playing. I do not have that option set. If I had, then tivodecode would have failed when I tried it. I download multiple files every day via kmttg and keep them in .tivo format and this is the only one I have ever had this problem with. As I noted in my second post on the subject, tivodecode had no problem with it nor does the decoded file exhibit this issue.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #3304
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
*bzzz*,wrong answer, but thanks for playing. I do not have that option set. If I had, then tivodecode would have failed when I tried it. I download multiple files every day via kmttg and keep them in .tivo format and this is the only one I have ever had this problem with. As I noted in my second post on the subject, tivodecode had no problem with it nor does the decoded file exhibit this issue.
Well, the symptoms match up. I just tried a TS .TiVo file and get the identical problem you described with the missing video information from ffmpeg. There is a newer version of tivodecode which works for decrypting *some* TS .TiVo files but fails on many. You could run mediainfo on it to check for sure.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #3305
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It could be a program stream .TiVo. In olden days, pyTivo used to treat .TiVo files as black boxes, and just pass them through without examining them. Then someone pointed out, "Hey, you can actually run ffmpeg against these things and get useful info out of them," so I started doing that. Then something changed in ffmpeg, and it stopped working as well as it used to. I had to give up analyzing the audio tracks... I might have to give up video as well, taking us back to square one.

My recommendation is to not deal with .TiVo files. Failing that, you can revert to the old pass-through behavior by taking ffmpeg away from pyTivo. (In this mode it will only handle .TiVo, .mpg, .mpeg and .vob.)

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #3306
cburbs

I am trying to reset this up on a new win7 build.

My one issue is my Send to Tivo doesn't list my tivo. I have all the info entered correctly in my config file.

OK I cheated for now by adding my Tivo info to the pytivo.conf file.

Per this - http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...ivo-t1586.html

Now my Tivo shows up but when I try to send I get this -

pyTivo.video.video:[30/Nov/2011 20:39:09] Queued "e:\shows\Ice Age A Mammoth Christmas.mpg" for Push to Living Room
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:09] "POST /TiVoConnect HTTP/1.1" 200 -
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:14] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=videos HTTP/1.1" 200 -
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:14] "GET /main.css HTTP/1.1" 200 -
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:14] "GET /folder.png HTTP/1.1" 200 -
ERROR - pyTivo.video.video:<error><code>notAuthorized</code><text>Cannot find accountId for TSN xxxxxxxxxx</text></error>

KMTTG works on this PC just an FYI.

Last edited by cburbs : 11-30-2011 at 11:44 PM.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #3307
Soapm

I am having trouble with the shares dropping out of my NPL on both of my tivo's. I've tried using 255.255.255.255, 192.168.254.255 and the IP's of the Tivo but the shares still go in and out.

I loaded pytivo on a linux server. The server is bare bones with minimal applications installed. I installed the debian base installation then manually installed SSH, Samba, pytivo etc...

Reading around it sounds like this Zeroconf is an application that needs to be installed. I thought it came with pytivo. I want to try adding it on to see if my shares stay more consistent.

does this command look like everything I need or is it more than what I need for a server with no GUI, etc...? does it look about right?

Code:
apt-get install avahi-daemon avahi-discover avahi-utils libnss-mdns mdns-scan

Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #3308
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Zeroconf is not an application. It does come with pyTivo. You do not need those tools, nor will they help pyTivo.

You could actually try disabling Zeroconf to see if that improves things. Otherwise, I'd try to eliminate WiFi links in favor of hard-wired Ethernet, and if that's not possible, try to improve the stability of the WiFi signal. I don't know exactly why these dropouts happen, but every case I've heard about, IIRC, they've been on WiFi networks.

When you mention IPs, I assume that's in conjunction with the "beacon" keyword in pyTivo.conf? It's not going to help with this.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #3309
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Zeroconf is not an application. It does come with pyTivo. You do not need those tools, nor will they help pyTivo.
You got that right but I can ping my Tivo by host name

Well, I could before I uninstalled that crap.

Quote:
You could actually try disabling Zeroconf to see if that improves things. Otherwise, I'd try to eliminate WiFi links in favor of hard-wired Ethernet, and if that's not possible, try to improve the stability of the WiFi signal. I don't know exactly why these dropouts happen, but every case I've heard about, IIRC, they've been on WiFi networks.
I still don't know what that means??? Disable Zeroconf which is probably evident by me loading an application I thought was it...

Quote:
When you mention IPs, I assume that's in conjunction with the "beacon" keyword in pyTivo.conf? It's not going to help with this.
Yep... I discovered I can add the linux machine under "manually add server" which seems to be working so far but we'll see in a few days if it holds out. It brought the share into the NPL without me having to reboot the machines or restart pytivo...
Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #3310
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
I am trying to reset this up on a new win7 build.

My one issue is my Send to Tivo doesn't list my tivo. I have all the info entered correctly in my config file.

OK I cheated for now by adding my Tivo info to the pytivo.conf file.

Per this - http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...ivo-t1586.html

Now my Tivo shows up but when I try to send I get this -

pyTivo.video.video:[30/Nov/2011 20:39:09] Queued "e:\shows\Ice Age A Mammoth Christmas.mpg" for Push to Living Room
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:09] "POST /TiVoConnect HTTP/1.1" 200 -
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:14] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=videos HTTP/1.1" 200 -
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:14] "GET /main.css HTTP/1.1" 200 -
pyTivo:192.168.X.X [30/Nov/2011 20:39:14] "GET /folder.png HTTP/1.1" 200 -
ERROR - pyTivo.video.video:<error><code>notAuthorized</code><text>Cannot find accountId for TSN xxxxxxxxxx</text></error>

KMTTG works on this PC just an FYI.

That is an error response from the TiVo mind server. It may mean it couldn't find or was supplied with an incorrect username/password for your TiVo.com account. Make sure they are correct in your config.

Possibly the tsn in the extra section you added as described above is incorrect.

If you need more help then post up your pytivo config file too.

Last edited by Iluvatar : 12-16-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #3311
Soapm

I'm using Debian and can't figure out how to load the DVD plug in.

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...ivo-t1766.html

Anyone know of a step by step instructions on how to load the plugin using CLI? I'm using wmcbrine's fork if that helps?

Also, is there a command line tool that will let me rip DVD's directly to a single mpeg file that py can serve to my Tivo?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #3312
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

(I don't use the DVD plugin so I won't comment on that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Also, is there a command line tool that will let me rip DVD's directly to a single mpeg file that py can serve to my Tivo?
I've used MPlayer for this purpose. From memory, something like this:

mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile movie.mpg dvd://1

to dump title 1 (often the main movie) to a file.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #3313
Iluvatar

Quote:
I'm using Debian and can't figure out how to load the DVD plug in.

Anyone know of a step by step instructions on how to load the plugin using CLI? I'm using wmcbrine's fork if that helps?

You can switch to the lucasnz fork and add his dvdplugin easily afterwards.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #3314
Soapm

Quote:
Z I don't know exactly why these dropouts happen, but every case I've heard about, IIRC, they've been on WiFi networks..
I do have wireless running on my network but both Tivo's and the PC with py are hardwired. I found a document you posted from Tivo named TiVoConnectDiscovery.pdf and it seems the problem has to do with this section on page 5;

Code:
Upon startup (meaning TiVo DVR boot up or activation of TiVo Connect software running on
some other hardware) a TCM broadcasts, for a short period of time (say, 30 seconds) a number
of redundant packets in "high frequency mode" (perhaps every 5 seconds). After this initial
period, the TCM drops into "low frequency mode" broadcasting at a reduced rate (maybe only
once every minute). The initial high-frequency mode allows listeners several chances to quickly
detect TCMs that have just arrived, while the eventual low-frequency broadcasts should be
infrequent enough to not overly burden the network – even in the presence of many TCMs.
It seems I'm working fine in high frequency mode but one or the other isn't happy happy in "low frequency mode". I believe it's the Tivo or my router since I also don't see the other Tivo listed in the NPL and my windows machine running Tivo DT is also intermittent. All shares come and go not just py. That is why I was trying to improve my network itself.

Any idea what files or applications participates in this high and low listening on the Tivo? Any idea if there is a difference between the high and low packet? When I reboot a Tivo or restart py I see all the shares in both Tivo's but it doesn't take long before they disappear.

I suspect my router isn't passing a packet type but I need idea's how to test this theory.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #3315
Soapm

It just might be my router, I got my old lynksys out of the garage and stuck it in and things seem to work so far. I'll have to give it a day or so but so far it seems to have solved the problem.

The router I believe is blocking MRV is a DLink DIR-655 in case anyone has an experience with it. http://www.dlink.com/DIR-655 I've had it for a while and it has the latest firmware...
Old 12-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #3316
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

pyTivo doesn't actually do that high/low frequency thing. In any case, that's the old (pre-Zeroconf) beacon system.

Some routers have trouble with multicast, which is why I suggested turning off Zeroconf in pyTivo. Of course such routers are junk. But sadly, they're out there.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #3317
Soapm

Quote:
pyTivo doesn't actually do that high/low frequency thing. In any case, that's the old (pre-Zeroconf) beacon system.

Some routers have trouble with multicast, which is why I suggested turning off Zeroconf in pyTivo. Of course such routers are junk. But sadly, they're out there.
I had put false in the zeroconf but the shares would still disappear after not too long. I definitely think it's my router because it's been several hours with my old lynksys and the shares are still showing along with the other Tivo. I guess now it's decision time.

I've been searching for DLink and pytivo and either I'm the only one with a DLink or it's just my DLink with this problem. I see tons of DLinks with forwarding multicast to the outside WAN problems but no one seems to use it on their internal LAN.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #3318
Soapm

In case anyone is interested, I did a factory reset on my router then moved my network to a new IP range. I was using 198.162.254.xxx and moved it to 192.168.0.xxx and it seems to have corrected the disappearing shares. We're at the 12 hour mark and both Tivo's can see the other Tivo as well as my py share.

However, there is a small caveat that I will have to report back later on. I forgot t change the beacon in the py config and still have it set to "192.168.254.255". Now that's strange because this seems to work. I'm going to put the beacon back to the default 255.255.255.255 and if I lose my shares I will try my new broadcast 192.168.0.255 and if no luck there I will put it back at this wrong broadcast. I will let you know if it no longer cares what beacon I use.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #3319
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The right thing to do is to remove the beacon line entirely. It should not be used in a normal setup. However, if you want to use it to disable the old-style beacons (it only affects the old-style beacons), I suggest "beacon = listen".

Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #3320
Soapm

Quote:
The right thing to do is to remove the beacon line entirely. It should not be used in a normal setup. However, if you want to use it to disable the old-style beacons (it only affects the old-style beacons), I suggest "beacon = listen".
will do Buddy, thanks for all the help and work. She seems to be rock solid now but I will try the listen.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #3321
Soapm

Now that I got py consistent the people on the movies look tall and thin. Especially when I view one on my Premier. Here is my config file, any suggestions?

Code:
[Lenny]
force_alpha = True
type = video
path = /media/video

[_tivo_SD]
video_br = 4096K
optres = true
height = 480
width = 544
bufsize = 4096K
audio_br = 384k

[_tivo_HD]

[Server]
tivo_password = ********
tivo_mak = *********
ffmpeg = /usr/bin/ffmpeg
tivo_mind = mind.tivo.com:8181
zeroconf = True
beacon = 192.168.0.255
togo_path = /media/video/FromTivo
debug = True
tivo_username = *********
port = 9032
By the way, I don't have any HD movies. I'm one of the last to still own a CRT...
Old 12-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #3322
tjtv

Quote:
Now that I got py consistent the people on the movies look tall and thin. Especially when I view one on my Premier. Here is my config file, any suggestions?
Press the ZOOM button on the Tivo remote a couple of times until it looks correct.
tjtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #3323
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtv View Post
Press the ZOOM button on the Tivo remote a couple of times until it looks correct.
Wow, never noticed that button. I've been using the old remote since it has a 1/2 switch but the Window button on it does the same thing.

All the time I spent changing the aspect ratio in py and the fix was pushing a button... Thanks!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #3324
johnjay829

trying a fresh install on a win7 pc.. used the update install info from the wiki page.. all goes well until i try to start pytivo using the pytivo.py file.. a command windows opens and closes. any help??
johnjay829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #3325
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjay829 View Post
trying a fresh install on a win7 pc.. used the update install info from the wiki page.. all goes well until i try to start pytivo using the pytivo.py file.. a command windows opens and closes. any help??
Run it from an open command prompt.

Start Menu -> run 'cmd' from the search box

type in location of pyTivo.py file. Should run fine. If you want it in the background follow the wiki to install pytivo as a service.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #3326
johnjay829

Thanks that was the issue. now all my videos say transfer prohibited

here is my config file

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivo_mak = #####
tdcat = M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\tdcat.exe
tivo_password = ####
tivo_username = #####
tivodecode = M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\tivodecode.exe
togo_path = M:\Videos\Tivo

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Movies]
path = M:\Videos\Movies
type = video

here is the cmd window:

INFOyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 09:35:50] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryC
ontainer&Container=Movies&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=1 &AnchorItem=%2FMovie
s%2FContagion.avi&AnchorOffset=-1&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-c
ontainer%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&SerialNum=748001190436551 HTTP/1
.1" 200 -
INFOyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 09:35:50] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQ
uery&Container=Movies&File=%2FContagion.avi&SerialNum=748001 190436551 HTTP/1.1"
200 -

Last edited by johnjay829 : 12-29-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #3327
Iluvatar

Quote:
Thanks that was the issue. now all my videos say transfer prohibited

here is my config file

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivo_mak = #####
tdcat = M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\tdcat.exe
tivo_password = ####
tivo_username = #####
tivodecode = M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\tivodecode.exe
togo_path = M:\Videos\Tivo

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Movies]
path = M:\Videos\Movies
type = video

here is the cmd window:

INFOyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 09:35:50] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryC
ontainer&Container=Movies&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=1 &AnchorItem=%2FMovie
s%2FContagion.avi&AnchorOffset=-1&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-c
ontainer%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&SerialNum=**** HTTP/1
.1" 200 -
INFOyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 09:35:50] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQ
uery&Container=Movies&File=%2FContagion.avi&SerialNum=**** HTTP/1.1"
200 -
That points to a problem with FFmpeg. It may not be able to read the files. Are you certain the file location in your config is correct? What is the output of running 'M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe' in your command prompt.

Add 'debug = true' to your [Server] line in your config file. Restart pytivo and repost your console output after trying to transfer the file.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #3328
johnjay829

M:\>M:\Programs\PyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
FFmpeg version SVN-r21659-rdian06-1.02-win-x86_32, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabri
ce Bellard, et al.
built on Aug 24 2010 20:46:16 with gcc 4.4.0
configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-hardcoded-table
s --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-ffserver
--disable-ffplay --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-li
bvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libgsm --enable-libx264 --
enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --disable-decoder=aac -
-enable-avisynth --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf
libavutil 50. 8. 0 / 50. 8. 0
libavcodec 52.52. 0 / 52.52. 0
libavformat 52.50. 0 / 52.50. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.17. 0 / 1.17. 0
libswscale 0.10. 0 / 0.10. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfi
le}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
Old 12-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #3329
johnjay829

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:starting ffmpeg, will wait 10 seconds for it to com
plete
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:ffmpeg output=
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at aFreq
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at container
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at vCodec
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at aKbps
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at aCodec
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at mapVideo
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at kbps
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at mapAudio
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:aFreq=None; vFps=; container=; kbps=None; mapAudio=
[('', '')]; vHeight=; vCodec=; Supported=False; aKbps=None; par=None; millisecs=
0; par2=None; par1=None; mapVideo=None; vWidth=; dar1=None; aCodec=None
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported M:\Videos\Movies\Contagio
n.avi
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 11:44:04] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryC
ontainer&Container=Movies&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8 &Filter=x-tivo-conta
iner%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&Seria
lNum=748001190436551 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 11:44:06] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryF
ormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! M:\Videos\Movies\Contagion.avi
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported M:\Videos\Movies\Contagio
n.avi
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 11:44:06] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryC
ontainer%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&SerialNum=748001190436551 HTTP/1
.1" 200 -
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! M:\Videos\Movies\Contagion.avi
n.avi
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.11 [29/Dec/2011 11:44:06] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQ
uery&Container=Movies&File=%2FContagion.avi&SerialNum=748001 190436551 HTTP/1.1"
200 -
Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #3330
Iluvatar

Quote:

Code:
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:starting ffmpeg, will wait 10 seconds for it to com
plete
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:ffmpeg output=
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at aFreq
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at container
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at vCodec
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at aKbps
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at aCodec
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at mapVideo
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at kbps
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at mapAudio
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:aFreq=None; vFps=; container=; kbps=None; mapAudio=
[('', '')]; vHeight=; vCodec=; Supported=False; aKbps=None; par=None; millisecs=
0; par2=None; par1=None; mapVideo=None; vWidth=; dar1=None; aCodec=None
n.avi
FFmpeg is unable to read that particular file. You are using a known good version of FFmpeg though (rdian06). It may be a bad file or maybe permissions issue.

Are you having this issue with every video?