TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
mystic1muse

Tivodesktop 2.8.3 "unable to link to your account"

I'm running Windows 10.

Tivo Deskto was working fine under Windows 10 until about a week ago then found it was no longer linking to account and all attempts to link give error message ""unable to link to your account" even though I can use the same email/password to log on to the Tivo site. I can also successfully transfer video to the Tivo using Pytivo which uses the same data MAK/email/password that Tivo Desktop uses.

I've tried a dozen or more times over several days to make it link. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times including run of tivodesktop cleaner, reboot Windows, rebooted Tivo etc. I've read every post I could find here and elsewhere on the issue with no answers that worked.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mystic1muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic1muse View Post
I'm running Windows 10.

Tivo Deskto was working fine under Windows 10 until about a week ago then found it was no longer linking to account and all attempts to link give error message ""unable to link to your account" even though I can use the same email/password to log on to the Tivo site. I can also successfully transfer video to the Tivo using Pytivo which uses the same data MAK/email/password that Tivo Desktop uses.

I've tried a dozen or more times over several days to make it link. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times including run of tivodesktop cleaner, reboot Windows, rebooted Tivo etc. I've read every post I could find here and elsewhere on the issue with no answers that worked.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
It has been posted on the help thread that if you enter your email address as UPPERCASE@domain it will link. It doesn't work for me.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
mystic1muse

Thanks!

"It has been posted on the help thread that if you enter your email address as UPPERCASE@domain it will link. It doesn't work for me."

Wow! I didn't think it would work but decided to give it a try. Actually the form you quoted above UPPERCASE@domain did not work BUT putting the whole thing in caps like this: UPPERCASE@DOMAIN did work for me.

Thanks Again, the programmer that, no doubt unwittingly, placed that limit in the code must have been smoking something strong.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

I'm glad that worked. Still not working for me. Maybe I'll try an all uppercase password.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
mystic1muse

domain and name

Did you try with both domain and name in all caps?

Also, someone suggested that log on problems can occur with special characters are in the password. You might try a different password setup.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
JoeKustra
Cable only

About Desktop

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...1#post10970111

I wouldn't expect much help.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...5#post10970115

Old 08-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
W7SJK

All caps worked for me. Thanks!