TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #1891
Jstkiddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post

Does anyone still have SoapNet? It's been gone from my lineup for a long time.
I have cable and me too. I thought the entire channel changed to some kids channel....but I have a friend with Dish and she still has it.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #1892
JimSpence
Just hangin'

DirecTV ch 262
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #1893
JimSpence
Just hangin'

So, is anyone watching the 50th anniversary marathon?

I think they've done a good job picking which episodes to show. They allow those who are late to the GH game to learn the back story on many of the characters. It's also fun to see the characters in the early years. Robin is so cute. And, my how the years haven't been good to many of them.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #1894
MLR930
Gamer Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post

I think they've done a good job picking which episodes to show. They allow those who are late to the GH game to learn the back story on many of the characters. It's also fun to see the characters in the early years. Robin is so cute. And, my how the years haven't been good to many of them.
I watched a few of them, the only thing I didn't like was that they ended with a cliffhanger but the next episode wasn't the outcome of the previous one. Left me wanting more.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: GeekChic80
MLR930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #1895
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Yeah, I hear you there. I just watched to see the characters and get a little insight into their personality. If you want to see how the cliffhangers end, you need to watch ALL episodes from day 1. All 50 years worth.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #1896
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:

This week, I haven't even had time to watch the CURRENT stuff!

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #1897
stellie93

The guy who plays Alan Q has been back as a ghost several times and always looks a little chubby. This time he's thin. Hope he isn't sick.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #1898
TonyD79

I liked the marathon but I would've hoped they out together a primer on the characters instead. Talking heads. Graphics. Video clips. Showing backstory of today's characters. They could dedicate one day a week or 15 minutes a day to that for however long it took and brought on new viewers or refreshes old ones.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #1899
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
The guy who plays Alan Q has been back as a ghost several times and always looks a little chubby. This time he's thin. Hope he isn't sick.
You do realize that Alan Q. in this marathon is from years ago, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
I liked the marathon but I would've hoped they out together a primer on the characters instead. Talking heads. Graphics. Video clips. Showing backstory of today's characters. They could dedicate one day a week or 15 minutes a day to that for however long it took and brought on new viewers or refreshes old ones.
You can get some back story on the characters here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l_cast_members
Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #1900
stellie93

Quote:
No--what???? I mean on Tuesday's episode.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #1901
JimSpence
Just hangin'

I knew this would happen. We're crossing timelines.

I actually haven't watched Tuesday's episode yet.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #1902
TonyD79

Quote:

You can get some back story on the characters here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l_cast_members
I don't need it.

I was talking about drawing new viewers in and making it a better celebration of the last 50 years. If Doctor Who can do it, GH can.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #1903
TonyD79

Quote:

No--what???? I mean on Tuesday's episode.
I actually thought he looked better than he has in years. Go look at the very early Alan and try to match him up to the bloated guy who raised Emily. Hard to do.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #1904
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Now this past week was wild. I still think the writers are smokin' something.

And, if I may be so bold, Sabrina is looking good. What's going to happen when Robin finally shows up?

Now we need to get back to finding Lulu and Dante. It looks like Helena has been written off. Or has she?\

Really liked that Sam didn't want to dance.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #1905
Crobinzine

I'm starting to like the actress that plays Britt.

fun times at night
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Crobinzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #1906
stellie93

She sure doesn't look much like her parents--Faison and nasty German woman.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #1907
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Well, they say that sometimes looks can skip a generation.

So now we see the NEW Lulu. So, how long before she gets her memory back?

Speculation, spoilerized just for the hell of it.
Spoiler:
I think it will be Dr Britt that brings back Robin.

Also, is Stavros and Helena really gone? It seemed that Stavros was going to bring back his mother like she did with him. But, now that he's in the deep freeze, that looks unlikely. However, there's Britt's mother.

Last edited by JimSpence : 04-15-2013 at 07:43 PM.
JimSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #1908
stellie93

You'd think there would be a very precise way to put people in and out of the frozen state. And didn't the thermometer say -200 C or something ridiculously cold? Still, Stavros was frozen before and they revived him, so who knows?

I refuse to feel sorry for Britt-- I don't care how nasty her parents are.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #1909
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Johnny Z showed up on last night's episode of "Bones" as a male stripper.
Forgot to mention that he was the killer.

Last edited by JimSpence : 04-16-2013 at 06:51 PM.
JimSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #1910
JimSpence
Just hangin'

So Conte shows up.
I have to say that there are large ears in PC.

I think Britt is faking it and is saying she'll get an abortion in order to put stress on Patrick.

How long before Lulu remembers?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #1911
hummingbird_206

I haven't been watching for a few weeks. Did Brenda and Michael really have sex? Eeewwwwwww.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #1912
Johncv

'OLTL,' 'AMC' producer sues ABC for allegedly hindering relaunch

I will bet that the two web shows will die real fast. Let hope so, then we can have Toddy and Star back on GH. :roll eyes:

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/20...-relaunch?lite

You would think P Park would have made a deal with Netflex, instead of iTunes or the stupid Hula.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor

Last edited by Johncv : 04-19-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Add comment about Netflex
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #1913
Jstkiddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I haven't been watching for a few weeks. Did Brenda and Michael really have sex? Eeewwwwwww.
Michael got really drunk and woke up in Brenda's bed the next morning. That said, I don't think they really had sex. Michael was too drunk to remember and Brenda hasn't really said....so it's not clear.

I don't think they did. Everyone (including Michael) is assuming they did and Brenda isn't saying. I think for whatever reason she's letting everyone just assume they did.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #1914
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Michael got really drunk and woke up in Brenda's bed the next morning. That said, I don't think they really had sex. Michael was too drunk to remember and Brenda hasn't really said....so it's not clear.

I don't think they did. Everyone (including Michael) is assuming they did and Brenda isn't saying. I think for whatever reason she's letting everyone just assume they did.
Whew, I was hoping it was something like that. Just seemed too out of character for Brenda. Though letting eveyone think it happened just to tweak Carly is exactly something Brenda would do. Especially since it sounds like Carly walked in and just assumed that Brenda had seduced her baby boy.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #1915
stellie93

I don't believe they had coverage of the Boston thing on all afternoon Friday. It was 9 p.m. when they found the guy--they had nothing new to say before that.

Is Brenda sticking around? It would be nice to have Todd back. Starr is optional. It would be hard to have her come back and explain why she treated Michael so bad. It was out of character for her.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1916
Johncv

Quote:
I don't believe they had coverage of the Boston thing on all afternoon Friday. It was 9 p.m. when they found the guy--they had nothing new to say before that.

Is Brenda sticking around? It would be nice to have Todd back. Starr is optional. It would be hard to have her come back and explain why she treated Michael so bad. It was out of character for her.
Friday episode will be on Monday due to the Boston thing. You will not miss anything.

Just guessing here but I think what will happen is the Michael will get another phone call from Starr in LA and we will have Michael+Starr storyline in LA. Todd will return to fight will Connie over the publishing company.

HDTiVo
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #1917
MLR930
Gamer Goddess

Quote:

I am sooo sorry that the safety of everyone in my home state was such an inconvenience to you.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: GeekChic80
MLR930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #1918
stellie93

If they had had 1 tiny bit of new information that we hadn't all heard already (yes, I have been paying attention, and I sympathize with those who were holed up in their homes) I would have been happy to hear it. They did not.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #1919
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:

Speaking of the preemption, I noticed that my SP wasn't going to pick up this Monday's ep because it's really Friday's. I had to add it.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #1920
Johncv

GH fans a new soap is about to begin....this from SoapZone

Prospect Park and Walt Disney Co./ABC haven’t been able to work out a mutually agreeable system of co-existence after months of haggling. The result is a lengthy, exacting, $25-million lawsuit, which was filed by Prospect Park against Disney/ABC at the L.A. Superior Court last Thursday for breach of contract. Prospect Park is asking for a jury trial.

The lawsuit verbiage goes so far as to accuse ABC of sabotage. “Regardless of how successful Prospect may be, the fact remains that ABC did not deliver what it promised, Prospect did not get what it paid for, and Prospect is now entitled to recover millions of dollars in damages for ABC’s egregious conduct,” read the suit.

The problem mainly came to a head when neither party could arrive at a consensus on what to do about several of OLTL’s licensed characters, on loan temporarily to GH for the cross-overs. According to Prospect Park’s lawsuit, ABC was supposed to give these characters back for the online OLTL launch. Everything came to a head, supposedly, when ABC planned to bring back Starr’s Kristen Alderson, Todd’s Roger Howarth, and John’s Michael Easton to GH starting May 10, reportedly as new characters. Not good enough for Prospect Park.

According to an April 18th Deadline report by Nellie Andreeva and Dominic Patten, ABC made returning to OLTL tougher for the cross-over actors by offering some of them long-term contracts (gainful employment). “The suit says that, despite having the characters on a temporary basis, ABC signed the actors playing them in long-term deals, making their return to OLTL difficult and ‘effectively removing any incentive for them to do so.’ (Howarth recently made a short-term deal with Prospect Park to do a stint on OLTL before returning to GH.)”

Furthermore, according to the lawsuit, Prospect Park was supposed to be consulted on how ABC wrote the borrowed OLTL characters based on their agreement. Alas, ABC “for over a year” did not honor that part of the agreement, the suit continued.

Apparently, ABC not only killed off OLTL’s Hope and Cole, but destroyed Tomas so completely on GH — hinting that he could be Lorenzo Alcazar in hiding — that it’d be tough for Prospect Park to revive him for fans, the suit alleges. And Tomas wasn’t even among the seven, borrowed, licensed OLTL characters in question.

If that weren’t bad enough, Prospect Park’s lawsuit claims ABC wouldn’t let go of OLTL and AMC URLs (onelifetolive.com and allmychildren.com) for use, also based on the licensing agreement. “These URLs are not only critical to establishing public awareness for the re-launch, but they are part of the rights paid for by Prospect. The lawsuit also claims that ABC recently threatened not to air ads for OLTL because they feature an actor who is now playing a new role on GH. Prospect Park claims that it made ‘repeated overtures’ to ABC to ‘resolve these issues amicably,’ which were rebuffed by the network.”

ABC reps would not comment on the lawsuit’s allegations.

So, because of all of this crap, say good-by to Todd, Star and John...

Starting May 10, three of the most popular OLTL actors will come back to GH but in different, new roles — to ostensibly accommodate Prospect Park’s licensing agreement with ABC. (We know how well that turned out.) The guesses are on as to who Michael Easton (John), Roger Howarth (Todd), and Kristen Alderson (Starr) will play next. At Daytime Dish (April 18), they’re saying Alderson will surface as Scotty’s daughter, Serena, and already filmed some scenes with Kin Shriner, where she feuds with him over marrying Laura… Easton’s going to be the twin of serial killer Steven Clay/Caleb Morley — or maybe Robert Scorpio’s long-lost son… and Howarth will be the long-lost son of Tony Cassadine and Alexandria Quartermaine, Alexander — or, if you believe another DD post, Franklyn (no wonder Heather had a soft spot for Todd).

HDTiVo