TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
thebigmo
Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Fear the Walking Dead 5/15/2016 (S02E06) "Sicut Cervus"

So Chris has kinda bad timing, huh? Last week he shoots Reed seconds before they have the deal to trade him for Travis and Alicia and this week he is standing in Madison and Alicia's room with a knife at the moment Strand's gunshot wakes them up.

thebigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Was he really in there to kill them? I guess we don't know ow for sure??
I would think he would have entered the room with a weapon if that was his goal.

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Not to mention, he did nothing while Madison was being attacked. No way he was "frozen".

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Was he really in there to kill them? I guess we don't know ow for sure??
I would think he would have entered the room with a weapon if that was his goal.
He opened the door and tried to get Alicia's attention to wake her up. But when that didn't work, and he saw the knife on the nightstand, that's when he entered the room. We'll never know what he was intending to do with it, but I think we're certainly supposed to think he is having sinister thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Not to mention, he did nothing while Madison was being attacked. No way he was "frozen".
Oh, he most definitely was not frozen. That's why we saw the conversation between him and Travis at the beginning of the episode. Travis told Chris that Madison thinks he's got a problem, so then when he sees Madison about to get eaten, he thinks that if he doesn't help her and she dies, that will solve all of his problems. Unfortunately for him, Alicia saw him and confronted him and now he's got to kill Madison and Alicia.

Something tells me Cecilia is not going to be very happy when she finds out Strand shot Abigail in the head.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

One of the best episodes yet. Really enjoyed it and it gave me my Walking Dead fix.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:17 AM   #6
ej42137

It didn't take us long to get down to "Hershel's Rancho" compared to the interminable journey of Rick Grimes' group.

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:03 AM   #7
jradosh
Newlywed

Why did she poison all the townsfolk? I didn't get that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #8
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
I assumed they wanted to kill the walkers in her cellar.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #9
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej42137 View Post
It didn't take us long to get down to "Hershel's Rancho" compared to the interminable journey of Rick Grimes' group.
Sarcasm? Rick's group found Hershel's Farm in the first or second episode of Season 2.

Quote:
I don't fully understand the why, but she believes that the zombies aren't dead, but are just in the next stage or existence. They're not truly dead until they get a head wound. So maybe she just wanted to spare all those people the suffering of getting sick and some turning first and trying to eat the others and some of them getting "killed". Maybe she thought if they all turned at once, they'd be able to "live" in peace.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I don't fully understand the why, but she believes that the zombies aren't dead, but are just in the next stage or existence. They're not truly dead until they get a head wound. So maybe she just wanted to spare all those people the suffering of getting sick and some turning first and trying to eat the others and some of them getting "killed". Maybe she thought if they all turned at once, they'd be able to "live" in peace.
Well, the townies were gathering their pitchforks to attack her compound, so I suspect she saw it coming and decided she'd rather kill the townies than risk the townies "killing" her "people."

And of course in her mind she didn't kill the townies; she just moved them along to the next phase in their development.

The sanity train seems to have left her station...

Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #11
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, the townies were gathering their pitchforks to attack her compound, so I suspect she saw it coming and decided she'd rather kill the townies than risk the townies "killing" her "people."

And of course in her mind she didn't kill the townies; she just moved them along to the next phase in their development.

The sanity train seems to have left her station...
Thanks, that works for me.

And with that in mind, the gunshot to her son's head isn't going to go over very well with mama.

As for Chris, I don't know why he was going for his late-night visit. Picking up the knife seemed like a mindless thing... not done thoughtfully. But now all bets are off.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #12
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
As for Chris, I don't know why he was going for his late-night visit. Picking up the knife seemed like a mindless thing... not done thoughtfully. But now all bets are off.
I'm not saying Chris went in the bedroom with the intention of killing Madison, but he definitely saw the knife on the nightstand before he went in and it was the presence of the knife that cause him to enter.

My question is what happened when they were still on the boat? There was a firefight, Luis and the border patrol guys got shot. Daniel goes out on the deck and is getting shot at, but then Ofelia comes out and they are all talking and nobody is shooting at them. Why did the other boats stop shooting at them and allow them to take the boat in toward the land? Isn't the whole purpose of those border patrol boats to prevent boats from making it to land on the Mexican side of the border?

Also, what was up with the coin that Luis wanted given to his mom? Why did Daniel toss it in the ocean?

Old 05-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
And with that in mind, the gunshot to her son's head isn't going to go over very well with mama.
Celia is not Abigail's mother. She was Luis' mother and she worked for the Abigail family.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #14
ej42137

Quote:
Sarcasm? Rick's group found Hershel's Farm in the first or second episode of Season 2.
No, I just wanted to write "Hershel's Rancho". There, I did it again!

Quote:
My question is what happened when they were still on the boat? There was a firefight, Luis and the border patrol guys got shot. Daniel goes out on the deck and is getting shot at, but then Ofelia comes out and they are all talking and nobody is shooting at them. Why did the other boats stop shooting at them and allow them to take the boat in toward the land? Isn't the whole purpose of those border patrol boats to prevent boats from making it to land on the Mexican side of the border?

Also, what was up with the coin that Luis wanted given to his mom? Why did Daniel toss it in the ocean?
There was a remark on the boat that those in the flotilla were no longer pursuing because they believed they would be killed by what's on land. Apparently that part of Baja is ceded to the infected, perhaps as a buffer zone.

The coin was a saint coin; the owl is associated with Santa Muerte, and there is a suggestion that Celia is representing that saint. (Celia affectionately calls Abigail her son, but that is not literally true.)

Old 05-17-2016, 03:45 PM   #15
sharkster

Dev - I also noticed that the shooting mysteriously stopped. I just figured that they had jetted away from the shooters enough to dispel their ability to make any worthwhile shots.

I agree that this episode was definitely much more 'on the move' and even reminiscent of TWD with stuff happening, new people, weird killings, crazy (that woman is nutso), and connecting stuff, what with Strand and Abigail.

I know that she will go OFF about him shooting Abigail because she has that twisted thing that she doesn't want any of them to be 'killed in the head' and just wants to collect them.

All I kept thinking, when they drove into the compound was 'hey, did somebody close the gate, or does it close automatically? IS IT CLOSED?'. heh - I would imagine that the assumption would be that it's closed, so it's secure in there - well, as secure as it can be with the crazy that's there.

Not sure what to make of Chris but I also thought that his thinking, as he watched her getting attacked, was that this would 'fix' his problem.

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:41 AM   #16
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
All I kept thinking, when they drove into the compound was 'hey, did somebody close the gate, or does it close automatically? IS IT CLOSED?'. heh - I would imagine that the assumption would be that it's closed, so it's secure in there - well, as secure as it can be with the crazy that's there.
You obviously don't have any rich friends who live in walled estates like Rancho Hershel. That was an automatic gate that opens with a combination entered on the keypad; they close automatically so Mr. Wealthy doesn't have to get back out of the car after he goes through the gate. (We poor folks had children for this purpose.)

Old 05-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #17
kcarl75

I finally dropped it. Deleted the SP. I'll check in on the threads. If it gets good I'll binge watch to catch up.

Here's hoping!