TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
ScubaCat
Shades of Blue......

Young & Hungry [06/25/2014] - Pilot

"Young & Hungry" premiered last night on ABC Family network. It caught my eye since it is somewhat food/chef related. IMDb describes it as "A well-off young tech entrepreneur hires a feisty young blogger to be his personal chef".

I thought it had the usual pilot episode problems of everyone trying just a little too hard but I think it has good potential once the actors settle down. I set a season pass for now. If anyone is interested the pilot will be repeated multiple times this week.
ScubaCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
mwhip
All better

I was at my moms and she was watching this. It was terrible!!!! Seemed like a Disney showed that became for PG-13 and moved to ABC family. Wow was this thing bad.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Silverman

That's the girl from Hannah Montana, Emily Osmont that played her best friend. It's on Disney channel yet she had sex with the boss in the first episode. It sure is not the old Disney making this show. Disney is indeed getting more interesting. I do think she was too fast speaking and seemed to flub some lines. I would think as a pilot they'd shoot till it was near perfect, but we will see what the next regular episodes are like.
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman View Post
That's the girl from Hannah Montana, Emily Osmont that played her best friend. It's on Disney channel yet she had sex with the boss in the first episode. It sure is not the old Disney making this show. Disney is indeed getting more interesting. I do think she was too fast speaking and seemed to flub some lines. I would think as a pilot they'd shoot till it was near perfect, but we will see what the next regular episodes are like.
It's on ABC Family, not Disney Channel.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
Silverman

You are correct, I mixed it up with Girl Meets World I had just scheduled on Disney. Of course ABC is owned by Disney as well so I wasn't way off.
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #6
efilippi

While this show is certainly no "Frasier", I think it has gotten better over the weeks and I now find it a rather enjoyable half hour. There are hardly any half hour shows around now so this one fits that spot, like 9:40 pm when we want something to pair with the news and maybe Kimmel's monologue but don't want to plunge into another hour of who killed somebody.

Not exactly high praise, but you take what you can get.
efilippi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #7
ScubaCat
Shades of Blue......

The characters are likeable and there are usually a few laughs. I wish they didn't have to go for the dirty jokes but I guess that is what it takes to make it these days on TV when you are struggling for ratings.
ScubaCat is online now   Reply With Quote