TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
realityboy

Big Brother 17 Live Feeds & After Dark *Spoilers*

Warning this thread has spoilers for anything that has happened so far in the house.

realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
realityboy

So did anyone watch last night?

James nominated Jackie & Steve
Jason nominated John & Becky
John & Becky won so Jason was dethroned

Last edited by realityboy; 06-26-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #3
realityboy

First impressions of the hg:

Jace & Austin or Jastin as they want to be known are completely unbearable. Jace is loud and annoying putting on a show for the cameras. Austin is basically his sidekick. They think they're running things, but others have a plan to backdoor Jace this week. I guess these 2 have Liz on their side as well. They think she is their Janelle.

Audrey is playing way too hard making multiple alliances. She's like Amanda at the beginning of S15. Jace wants to expose her.

Vanessa spent the night crying. She was missing home & upset that some people were mean to Steve. Not at all what I expected from her.

Steve is as awkward as Ian, but he doesn't have the coaches to help him.

I don't have a strong opinion on everyone else yet. Clay & John seem less annoying than I thought they would be. Meg has a surprisingly good social game. Becky seems to be on the outs. Jason & DaVonne seem to be close.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
Ziggie
TiVo Since 2003

I'm east coast so when good stuff is happening on the feeds, I'm usually asleep. I did catch some of them this morning and I think Jace is obnoxious (he's the guy in the hoody on the feeds up in James' face, right?)

I can't figure Austin out. Is he gay? I don't know much about him.

TiVo since 2003
Alexa ~ my personal digital concierge
Currently visually impaired ~ please excuse any errors
Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
I'm east coast so when good stuff is happening on the feeds, I'm usually asleep. I did catch some of them this morning and I think Jace is obnoxious (he's the guy in the hoody on the feeds up in James' face, right?)

I can't figure Austin out. Is he gay? I don't know much about him.
I'm east coast, too, but I work overnights. I can't really watch at work, but on my days off, I'm used to staying up all night anyway.

Yep, that's him. Jace is obnoxious. Austin has a gf, but he did say that she was worried that he would cheat on her with a guy so...They were both admiring how hot Clay was, and they were making fun of Jeff for having a dad body. They are kind of unintentionally funny at times. In a room full of people, they would just start whispering game talk to each other.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #6
Ziggie
TiVo Since 2003

That's for the update about Austin, RB. I saw Austin and Jace go into the room off the bathroom (what are they calling it this season?) but Jace was talking so low I couldn't make out what he was saying.

TiVo since 2003
Old 06-26-2015, 09:02 AM   #7
series5orpremier

Just from what the producers presented on CBS last night Jace started becoming my least favorite. Too much superficial over the top trying to ingratiate himself to others but coming off as a jerk.

The intriguing thing about Vanessa is, how much of that was sincere (it's true she doesn't really need the money and that magnifies the importance of other things) and how much of that was game strategy. If strategy, I'd think at a certain point it becomes counter-productive and still makes her a target. Especially if DaVonne has actually recognized her and is keeping it in her back pocket.

Last edited by series5orpremier; 06-26-2015 at 10:20 AM.
series5orpremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
Ziggie
TiVo Since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by series5orpremier View Post
Just from what the producers presented on CBS last night Jace started becoming my least favorite. Too much superficial over the top trying to ingratiate himself to others but coming off as a jerk.
Like the Colorado comment? That was his, wasn't it?

TiVo since 2003
Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #9
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
So did anyone watch last night?

James nominated Jackie & Steve
Jason nominated John & Becky
John & Becky won so James was dethroned
If John and Becky won, wouldn't they dethrone Jason, the person who nominated them?

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #10
Ziggie
TiVo Since 2003

James is HOH... Jackie and Steve are nominated with a plan (we think) to backdoor Jace.

TiVo since 2003
Old 06-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
If John and Becky won, wouldn't they dethrone Jason, the person who nominated them?
Yep sorry. James is HoH. Stupid J names.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #12
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
First impressions of the hg:

Jace & Austin or Jastin as they want to be known are completely unbearable. Jace is loud and annoying putting on a show for the cameras. Austin is basically his sidekick.
while i appreciated the info they communicated to fans once the feeds started, you're right - their behavior is obnoxious, and social game is reckless.

Quote:
Vanessa spent the night crying. She was missing home & upset that some people were mean to Steve. Not at all what I expected from her.
this was a shocker for me, i'm hoping at least part of it was game. they've been in the house a week, if she's already this fragile she's got a long road ahead. i had hopes for her to go far this season, but just couldn't bear to watch her hours-long breakdown.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #13
Ziggie
TiVo Since 2003

My first real gripe... Shelli's teeth annoy me. Geezis, too bright much? Reminds me of Ross' teeth that glowed in the dark in Friends.

TiVo since 2003
Old 06-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #14
SoBelle0
Go Big Blue!!

I wasn't going to check in here - and ALREADY it's gotten the better of me. HA!
I want to be surprised, and yet I want to know.

Knowing won.

So, a backdoor of Jace seems like a great idea. He was really over the top on the show part and I was wondering how the other houseguests were taking him. All that winking and trying to be clever. 'Rado!?! What is that?

Did the poker dealer make any mention that she recognized the poker player? Seems she would... and might say something to the early girl alliance.

I do really hope they can keep that on the dl and actually DO something this year. Come on, girls! You can play and strategize and not get into all that stupid bitchy and jealous stuff. Do it! There's not much eye candy, so I'm hoping they'll be able to focus, for once. They make me so buggered when they can't seem to work together.

SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #15
series5orpremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post

Did the poker dealer make any mention that she recognized the poker player? Seems she would... and might say something to the early girl alliance.
Not that I saw. And they showed her during prime time making snarky comments about her first impressions of other house guests, but not of Vanessa. It's starting to look like NOBODY is going to recognize Vanessa, unless DaVonne is just wearing a poker face. If she knows and says something that risks outing herself as a poker dealer.

Vanessa's game might already be self-destructing anyway, if you take everything at face value.

Last edited by series5orpremier; 06-26-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #16
Ziggie
TiVo Since 2003

Vanessa really lost it which surprises me. In poker, you can't get flustered. You can't let it get to you. Shame.

TiVo since 2003
Old 06-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #17
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
Vanessa really lost it which surprises me. In poker, you can't get flustered. You can't let it get to you. Shame.
Unless it's part of her plan?

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #18
series5orpremier

Yeah, I haven't passed judgment yet. Consider a few things - what she does for a living, every one of them knew exactly when the live feed cameras were coming on, and if an emotional breakdown was going to happen the timing is suspicious. Maybe she's feeling out for empathetic people and misfits she can get on her side. She better pull out of it quickly though before she gets too much attention from everyone in the house. Or maybe she doesn't care about winning the game but instead softening up her public image with America for her Poker and Endorsement career.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #19
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

it appears that steve won pov, and he will (obviously) use it to save himself, leaving jackie and the renom on the block.

talk is leaning towards jace as the renom and target for eviction, he's been grating on a few nerves in the house the past week. there's also been occasional talk of audrey's attempts to befriend every hg, and that has her name on the radar for renom.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 06-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #20
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

a few added notes:
  • james picked havenots as hoh: liz, da’vonne, vanessa, and austin. the havenot room is filled with dentist chairs for beds this season

• it’s looking like the twin twist is liz and her sister julia, this afternoon liz was “forgetful” of her actions in the house (a thrown pillow), and also looks a little clueless in conversations of other events in the house

• dentist johnny mac also has an identical twin who’s a podiatrist, donny mac

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbtwin.jpg (27.1 KB, 717 views)

Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #21
series5orpremier

From those pictures it seems like the guy twins would be able to get away with it easily, but the girls have slightly different looks, as if Julia is a little taller with a thinner face and has had a nose job. Still, if nobody is looking too closely.... but with Liz/Julia the guys will be looking closely.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #22
series5orpremier

If there were any doubts, the emotional breakdown was part of Vanessa's plan. With so many people playing the game "too hard too fast" it's forced Vanessa to jump in herself sooner than she wanted to with all the alliance maneuvering.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #23
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

pov ceremony yesterday, and as expected, steve took himself down, and james put up jace as the replacement. jace is crushed, and thinks everyone hates him. austin told jace thowing him a sympathy vote would make him a target, so this may be headed towards a "house vote", of course anything could happen by thursday.

notes -
  • the hg's are catching on to audrey trying to make alliances with everyone in the house (especially austin), she needs to chill fast or she'll pay for playing so hard this early.
  • steve was caught lurking outside a door eavsdropping on liz and jace. he should know if you're gonna sneak around, don't get caught. there are so many people in the house, i don't know what he was thinking.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #24
series5orpremier

I might like Steve more if his attempts at flirting with the girls were less creepy. I didn't see it but from your description my guess would be he's pervin on Liz and was spying to make sure something of a sexual nature wasn't happening.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #25
Necromancer2006

Could they introduce both twins telling each set that only they are the twin twist?

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #26
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
a few added notes:
  • james picked havenots as hoh: liz, da’vonne, vanessa, and austin. the havenot room is filled with dentist chairs for beds this season

I have found dentists' chairs very comfortable, and have dozed off while being worked on a couple of times, and I wasn't under general anesthetic at the time.

Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #27
series5orpremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Could they introduce both twins telling each set that only they are the twin twist?
I had thought about that. It would be the first twin twin twist. If two more people enter the game after week five they could just have more double eliminations down the road.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #28
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by series5orpremier View Post
I might like Steve more if his attempts at flirting with the girls were less creepy. I didn't see it but from your description my guess would be he's pervin on Liz and was spying to make sure something of a sexual nature wasn't happening.
His "are you wearing space pants?" comments made me laugh.

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #29
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
I have found dentists' chairs very comfortable, and have dozed off while being worked on a couple of times, and I wasn't under general anesthetic at the time.
austin says his legs go numb if he doesn't position just right, but he could just be whining...he's a big guy, too.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #30
realityboy

I missed it because I was at work, but at around 1:30pm today (bb time), Audrey was called out by Day & Vanessa. I plan on watching later via flashback.