TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

Nashville Season 3

Season 3 thread. If there is enough interest, please feel free to start weekly threads and we can let this one die.

Juliette is still my favorite character. What a surprise that she's preggers!

I have no knowledge of filming techniques, but the footage at the Blue Bird looked different than the rest of the show. Was that just my imagination?
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Season 3 thread. If there is enough interest, please feel free to start weekly threads and we can let this one die.

Juliette is still my favorite character. What a surprise that she's preggers!

I have no knowledge of filming techniques, but the footage at the Blue Bird looked different than the rest of the show. Was that just my imagination?
No, those segments were live - literally, broadcast live from the Bluebird.
http://nypost.com/2014/09/23/nashvil...on-3-premiere/
NY Post says it was from the Bluebird set, but I thought it looked like it might have been from the real Bluebird. Hard to tell, really - the set is such a close reproduction of the real thing. (Edit: other local Nashville press confirm that it was at the set, not the real thing.)

In any case, because of the differences between the cameras they use normally and video cameras that they'd use for a live broadcast, the footage will look very different. (It's also why daytime soap operas have a different look to them than most other television - those too are recorded with video cameras.)
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
hummingbird_206

Thanks, I had no idea about the live telecast. So I had to laugh when I read
Quote:
The stunt is also a bid to get “Nashville” viewers to watch live.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Thanks, I had no idea about the live telecast. So I had to laugh when I read
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the live portions were supposed to get people to watch live. It's not like you lost anything by *not* watching live. The footage looked different, but that's all it really accomplished. They had to be scripted and timed down to the second, in order to allow them to cut back into the pre-filmed rest of the episode, so it's not like there was ever going to be a surprise.

I thought it was cool that the song that Deacon performed was actually written by Chip Esten and Deana Carter. It's cool that he's not just an actor, that he really can write and perform the music. It makes it that much more authentic.

Anyway... how oblivious are Glenn and Emily (Juliette's manager and personal assistant, respectively)? You have an inconsolable Juliette rampaging through the kitchen looking for a scissors - and you GIVE THEM TO HER?!? What did they think she was going to do with them, make little paper doilies?

I liked Avery drunkenly calling Gunnar his "bro" and Scarlett his "girl-bro."
Old 09-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
No, those segments were live - literally, broadcast live from the Bluebird.
I was live but it was live from the Bluebird set at the soundstage in east Nashville not the actual Bluebird Cafe in Green Hills.

O/T - Life imitating art...This week former Titans kicker Rob Bironas died in a single car accident not far and on the same street from where the Nashville wreck was staged last season.

Last edited by Jon J : 09-26-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Jon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the live portions were supposed to get people to watch live. It's not like you lost anything by *not* watching live. The footage looked different, but that's all it really accomplished. They had to be scripted and timed down to the second, in order to allow them to cut back into the pre-filmed rest of the episode, so it's not like there was ever going to be a surprise.

I thought it was cool that the song that Deacon performed was actually written by Chip Esten and Deana Carter. It's cool that he's not just an actor, that he really can write and perform the music. It makes it that much more authentic.

Anyway... how oblivious are Glenn and Emily (Juliette's manager and personal assistant, respectively)? You have an inconsolable Juliette rampaging through the kitchen looking for a scissors - and you GIVE THEM TO HER?!? What did they think she was going to do with them, make little paper doilies?

I liked Avery drunkenly calling Gunnar his "bro" and Scarlett his "girl-bro."
So Juliette cut off her extensions. Not sure why that's a big deal?

And I've really come to love Avery. His character has changed so much from the start of the show.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #7
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
And I've really come to love Avery. His character has changed so much from the start of the show.
They really did rehab his character because at the beginning he was really unlikable. It does seem like they changed his character to become much more likable.

I'm still really entertained by this show. It was a good start to the season and I'm glad that it looks like Scarlet is not leaving.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #8
mooseAndSquirrel

It ws nice to hear some full songs. Seems like last season it was just bits and pieces.
mooseAndSquirrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
hummingbird_206

How Far Down Can I Go 10/1/2014

Wow I can't believe they didn't drag out 'who's the Father?' for longer.

I'm really getting sick of Layla.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
Jon J
Curmudgeon

This morning a friend said he saw Panettiere at Whole Foods this week and she's got a very noticeable baby bump.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
This morning a friend said he saw Panettiere at Whole Foods this week and she's got a very noticeable baby bump.
Sure. It was pretty noticeable at the Emmy awards a few weeks ago.

She still looked hawt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #12
hummingbird_206

10/8/2014 I Can't Get Over You to Save My Life

Poor Juliette. Poor Avery. They are in soap opera hell.

I love Derek Hough. Wonder how long he'll be on the show (don't answer that!)? Will he dance?

Layla is trying to blackmail Jeff (not sure blackmail is the right term?) Wonder what Jeff is going to do? Maybe he can ship Layla to Siberia? That would work for me.

They got rid of Tandy. Wonder how long before they get rid of Teddy? I like the actor but the character just doesn't do much any more besides haul the kids around.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #13
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I'm liking this new side of Layla. "if I'm going to get royally screwed I may as well work out to my advantage."

Poor Juliet on stage at the rehearsal! That made me queasy on her behalf.

Avery was obnoxious to watch.

Gunner and girlfriend have no chemistry.

Luke makes me want to punch him in the face. I'd like to fast forward to the part where they call off the engagement.

Teddy is an idiot who has clearly never met a teenager IRL or seen one portrayed on TV.

Deacon: YUM.

Scarlett, the one who had a mental breakdown, is the most reasonable person in this show.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
DouglasPHill

Good synopsis +1
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #15
hummingbird_206

IMO Gunnar has no chemistry with anyone on the show, except maybe Will.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I know it's hard, but they are not doing a great job of disguising Hayden's pregnancy. Yes, I know that they wrote it into the storyline, but I think that Hayden is much further along than Juliet is, and it shows.

I wish they could figure out some completely drama-free way to have Gunnar and Scarlett write and sing together. I know it won't happen, because this is a soap opera after all, but they sound so good together.

I honestly can't see Jeff endorsing this idea of Luke and Rayna combining tours. Would that kind of thing even happen in real life, artists on competing labels going on the same tour together?
Quote:
Layla is trying to blackmail Jeff (not sure blackmail is the right term?) Wonder what Jeff is going to do? Maybe he can ship Layla to Siberia? That would work for me.
I think Jeff very well could pre-emptively strike, leak it to the press that Will is gay before Layla can, leaving her with no ammo at all and completely ruin her in the process. In fact, I honestly can't come up with a reason why he wouldn't. After all, Will is already sinking like a stone in the sales department, which doesn't exactly look good for Jeff. He really doesn't need another male artist on his roster, especially as he tries to land this new female artist. In fact, I could see him doing something like paying off the fitness trainer to go public about his "sessions" with Will.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
DougF

I haven't seen this since early last season or late in the season before that. Sitting with my wife while she is watching tonight. I swear the accents have actually gotten worse. Did they all get told to ramp up the southern twang?
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Haven't noticed any change. They all sound the same to me.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #19
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I swear the accents have actually gotten worse. Did they all get told to ramp up the southern twang?
If anything I would bet they were just told to be sure not to sound like Fargo.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #20
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
It ws nice to hear some full songs. Seems like last season it was just bits and pieces.
Well that didn't last. Back to snippets of mostly tuneless songs.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #21
hummingbird_206

I Feel Sorry For Me 10/15/2014

I am so sick of Zoey. And Scarlett. And Gunnar.

Rayna and Sadie are no Thelma and Louise, but it was fun watching them together. I thought for sure Sadie was going to sell the pic of Rayna in the dress, but looks like that didn't happen. At least not yet.

Holy crap, I did not even recognize Glen without his hair!

Uh oh, Jeff is going to sign Rayna's daughters?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Uh oh, Jeff is going to sign Rayna's daughters?
Of anything, the one thing that Teddy and Rayna seemed to agree on is that they didn't want their kids to be prematurely in the spotlight. I can't see Teddy agreeing to have Jeff sign Maddie and Daphne. I did enjoy the daggers that Jeff was throwing Rayna's way, and Rayna's s***-eating grin right back.

I don't mind Zoey, Scarlett, and Gunnar. Avery, on the other hand, is back on my hate list. His booze-soaked pity-party got old a few episodes ago. He's acting like he's the only guy in the world to have a girlfriend cheat.

I'm so not feeling the Deacon/random backing vocalist (whose name I can't recall) storyline. It's just... there's nothing interesting there.

I'm glad for a week away from the Will/Layla storyline. That feels like the slowest burning fuse ever... I just want something to finally happen there, whatever that something is.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #23
hummingbird_206

Wow, I didn't even notice that Will and Layla were missing!

They've got to do something to stir the pot and make Teddy part of the story again. That's why I think he'll sign the girls to Edge Hill with Jeff.

I still like Avery. They didn't drag out letting us know who the father is, but they sure are dragging out letting Avery know and it's getting old. Hopefully he'll find out soon and the drunken whiner will go away (as in, he'll quit being a drunken whiner.)
Old 10-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #24
Ereth

This Sadie.. where do I know her from? I was thinking at first that she was that lawyer that was hooked up with Teddy and Clayton for a while, but now I realize that wasn't it. But she's been on something recently and I can't place her.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #25
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
This Sadie.. where do I know her from? I was thinking at first that she was that lawyer that was hooked up with Teddy and Clayton for a while, but now I realize that wasn't it. But she's been on something recently and I can't place her.
According to IMDB she's recently been on Nurse Jackie and Law & Order SVU for quite a few episodes.
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #26
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
She was the counselor on Go On with Matthew Perry.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #27
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
Oh, right! I assume, for admittedly no good reason, that like Connie Britten, she is not a singer?

Not that there's much singing on the show anymore.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #28
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think I read that she's won a Tony. She was also part of the live version of Sound of Music, so I think she sings.

As you can tell. I had to look her up because she seemed familiar to me (but I couldn't place her).
Old 10-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #29
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
That's it! Thank you!

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

She was the Countess on that NBC live performance of "The Sound of Music."
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote