TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
jlb
NCC-1701-D

The Bachelor - Chris Soules - Full Season

Surprised no one at all has started this thread. I love watching it to see how crazy, stupid, drunk, psycho they can all be.

And we definitely will be getting some of that this season.

Note, for those that like comedy and consider watching this, Jimmy Kimmel will be on, I think, one or two episodes. He's a big fan (or maybe ABC really likes to cross-promote). Should be interesting.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
Surprised no one at all has started this thread. I love watching it to see how crazy, stupid, drunk, psycho they can all be.

And we definitely will be getting some of that this season.

Note, for those that like comedy and consider watching this, Jimmy Kimmel will be on, I think, one or two episodes. He's a big fan (or maybe ABC really likes to cross-promote). Should be interesting.

Because it's pretty much a worthless show (IMO)that pretty much always ends with divorce or a break up that gets told via "People" magazine every single season.

I'm shocked folks still watch this drek.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
jlb
NCC-1701-D

And right to your point:

Quote:
Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray
'Bachelorette' Couple Dunzo
http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/08/andi-d...-bachelorette/

Old 01-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #4
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

Doesn't surprise me at all. I see Bachelor Pad/Bachelor in Paradise in their futures.

tta

Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post

Because it's pretty much a worthless show (IMO)that pretty much always ends with divorce or a break up that gets told via "People" magazine every single season.
Except for the seasons when it doesn't. Granted, there's only a few (4 marriages I can think of) but that's certainly not "every single season."

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #6
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

I watched but probably won't be paying very close attention for the rest of the eps. I couldn't get to ep 1 until I got back from CES.

I was surprised (or not?) that Lacy said "80/40" again. Drunk Tara was kinda funny.

cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
nyny523
Oy

I am watching - it is my guilty pleasure!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
justapixel
Domestic Extremist

I watch too! Of COURSE it's a terrible show and they aren't really expecting real relationships (although they've had a couple). These are people who want to be on national TV, not get married. But the drunks, the craziness, the evil person, the sweet person, the behavior under stress - it's good fun. Don't take it seriously and you might enjoy it. Not everything on TV has to be elevating.

I love reading the blogs the next day - some of them are hilarious.

Thank you to my TCF friends for your help in winning the contest and your support of my son's education. You are all amazing people, and I adore you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
justapixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #9
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I watched the premiere as I like to see the first night and who he picks, who gets drunk (of course) and what drama will unfold in the season.

Gotta say from the preview it looks pretty promising. It will the "best one ever"!!

Spoiler:
Also, no doubt the producers made him pick the drunk girl.

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #10
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

Episode Aired Jan 19 2015

It's official. Chris' laugh is as annoying as Whitney's voice; they're perfect together! Seriously, he clearly fell hard for her on that date. Loved the wedding crasher idea.

Anyone want to place odds on the entire house coming down with mono?

tta

Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #11
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Last night's episode was (co)hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.

It was hilarious. Jimmy created dates (like go shopping for him at Costco) and went on dates, which was hilariously awkward, like discussion about the fantasy suite.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #12
nyny523
Oy

Who goes into the particulars of their husband's suicide when they first meet someone?

Of course, this would be something you would discuss at some point in your relationship, but you aren't even IN a relationship!!! You haven't even had a single date with this guy!!!

Yikes...

Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #13
sharkster

I don't watch this show, but I'm just curious - This guy in the new season (hard to ignore, even though I don't watch, because he's in previews and magazines) I find to be seriously creepy-looking. But he seems to be promoted as some hunky god-man.

Do others really see him as hot?

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #14
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Who goes into the particulars of their husband's suicide when they first meet someone?

Of course, this would be something you would discuss at some point in your relationship, but you aren't even IN a relationship!!! You haven't even had a single date with this guy!!!

Yikes...
Probably just trying to play the sympathy card to try and get him to keep her. Of course, I think strategies like this are not sound. But what do I know.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #15
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I don't watch this show, but I'm just curious - This guy in the new season (hard to ignore, even though I don't watch, because he's in previews and magazines) I find to be seriously creepy-looking. But he seems to be promoted as some hunky god-man.

Not even a little.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #16
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post

Clearly NYNY doesn't! Lessening the more I get to know his personality as revealed on the show and hearing his laugh (such a deal-breaker!), but, yeah, I think he's attractive.

tta

Old 01-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #17
nyny523
Oy

I wanted Arie.

He is HAWT!!!

Old 01-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #18
jlb
NCC-1701-D

I want the next B-Rette to be Courtney Robertson.....

I got the Ro-ose, I Got the Ro-ose, #winning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1dS4JFp4w

Old 01-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #19
nyny523
Oy

I think Chris is really boring.

I am guessing the producers thought so, too - which is why they brought in Kimmel to shake things up. I think he will be back again, too.

Otherwise, this is gonna be a big ole yawn-fest.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #20
nyny523
Oy

I have decided that since Chris is so boring, they have enlisted a group of stupid, psychotic women to keep things interesting.

Kelsey is downright creepy. The Twitter-verse is convinced that she murdered her husband. Something there just ain't right...

And the moron who thought New Mexico was part of Mexico? And said it was her first time leaving the country? Ai Carumba.

And the Virgin has to go. She is just annoying the crap out of me. "Chris deserves someone who isn't fake." Uh - have you LOOKED at your eyelashes lately???

And through it all, Chris is just this big, boring lump. The man has NO personality.

None.

Right now, I think Brit is the front-runner - they seem to have real chemistry and their conversations seem the most "normal". And she is just dumb enough to think lumpy is an interesting guy.

I really do love this show!!!

Old 02-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #21
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I personally like the one Chris' sisters picked. But yeah, even she's too good for him.

Looking forward to The Women Tell All episode. If it wasn't for the cameras or that ABC chose him, none of these women would be swooning for him like they do.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #22
justapixel
Domestic Extremist

I confess that this is a guilty pleasure and my husband watches it too, although he would not like that publicized.

Kelsey is a serious narcissist. Did you read the obit she wrote for her husband's death? All about her. She "loves her story?" Who SAYS that, much less thinks it.

The Virgin is like a 3 year old. She whines and tantrums and her eyelashes look like a feather duster.

I think the most boring woman who has screentime is Whitney and I think Chris likes her and has since they "crashed" the wedding. He shakes just about every time he sees her, big boy that he is. He can't control his giggles when handing her a rose.

He's the perfect farmboy antisocial nerd although I say "perfect" loosely. He's a huge bore and never has a real conversation (not even a fake real one). He acts like a kid in a candy store, no masculinity showing at all, it's like he's 14 and has never seen women, which might be true.

I don't think Britt will win but I thought she could be the new Bachelorette until last week. I think the lies and insincerity she displayed might keep her out. I think one of the girls we haven't seen much of yet will have to come out of the woodwork, or they are in trouble.

THis group of women is the craziest group ever. And, they must really be pissed at Chris's unwillingness to travel. At least the other girls on other seasons got Europe and the Caribbean and beaches. They get Santa Fe and South Dakota, lol.

Thank you to my TCF friends for your help in winning the contest and your support of my son's education. You are all amazing people, and I adore you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #23
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

The fact that Kelsey is a guidance counselor is downright scary. I certainly hope that is just the title they attached to her and she isn't actually interacting with students given that she's a completely delusional narcissist.

Becca's the dark horse in this fight, but she doesn't seem to be getting enough screen time to be the next bachelorette ....

tta

Old 02-09-2015, 06:36 AM   #24
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapixel View Post
THis group of women is the craziest group ever. And, they must really be pissed at Chris's unwillingness to travel. At least the other girls on other seasons got Europe and the Caribbean and beaches. They get Santa Fe and South Dakota, lol.
I had to look that up. Ebola comes up as a reason. But is it him? The Producers? Either way, these girls did get...ummm...screwed!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #25
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I personally like the one Chris' sisters picked. But yeah, even she's too good for him.
Spoiler:
Google jade elizabeth playboy and find out why he doesn't end up with her. I've read (not seen first-hand) that some of the pics are extremely raunchy.

dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #26
jlb
NCC-1701-D

I think raunchy is a little extreme, at least for playboy. I heard from a little birdy that some of her pics are quite beautiful.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #27
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:

You can't give them too much of a fairy tale. The winner has to live in middle-of-nowhere, Iowa. If they don't like South Dakota, maybe that's a sign.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #28
justapixel
Domestic Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
I think raunchy is a little extreme, at least for playboy. I heard from a little birdy that some of her pics are quite beautiful.

Um, no. Raunchy.

Unless you and I define that word entirely differently.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #29
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Um, no. Raunchy.

Unless you and I define that word entirely differently.
Yikes! I agree. Raunchy! Wasn't difficult at all to find. Why would you do that and expect to be taken seriously? No way he picks her.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #30
nyny523
Oy

Well, wackadoodle husband killer and virgin kardashian eyelash girl are gone.

Whew.