TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-27-2015, 02:18 AM   #1
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Big Brother 17 (OAD 7/26/2015)

Wow... So Clay and Becky are now stuck on the block, and Vanessa (who has the biggest allergy to getting blood on her hands) may be stuck in a situation of backdooring Austin? Somehow I just don't see that happening...

I hope she proves me wrong, but I just don't see her making big bloody moves... She was desperately hoping for Jackie to do her dirty work for her...

And speaking of Austin, does he really think he can pit the two sisters against each other, and that they won't talk?

Was a little creepy for James to come into the HoH room just to tell Vanessa that her mom was "hawt"... Love that someone called him out as "Caleb"... Hilarious...

MikeekiM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
2004raptor
time to emancipate

I'm glad the bob went that way but I think Vanessa will play it safe. No at she'll put up Austin. If clay or Becky get the veto (or Vanessa) they'll take off clay and put up someone like Steve. He's barely noticeable in the game. There's also a chance Shelli could get picked to play in the veto. Maybe even e dentist (forgot his name). Hey could probably talk him into using it.

Yeah, Austin is playing a terrible game. He's more like Caleb IMO.

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
They are trying to make us believe that Austin is ripe for a backdoor move. I'm hoping so, but I'll probably get disappointed.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
Necromancer2006

I think they can backdoor Austin another time. It would be smarter to continue to eliminate the floaters until they don't have numbers against the Sixth Sense. I think it's incredible that the others in the house don't have an idea that they exist.

Steve - What a waste of space, an absolute non-player.
Becky - Again, what has she done?
Jason - Stuck on the outside of an alliance, but at least knows there's game happening.
James - I think he's like Donny fully unaware that there's actually a game being played.
Dentist - Challenge machine, doesn't appear to be much game strategy going on though.
Jackie - She's pretty, right?
Meg - same as Steve I think - doesn't appear to be much going on upstairs so far.

Then there's the 6:
Austin - sealed his fate by selecting one sister over the other in his alliance too early.
Shelli & Clay - Power couple that appears to be everybody knows exists.
Liz & Julia - Another power couple that everyone will know is a duo.
Vanessa - has the chance to choose who to go up against. I really think she's got the win here if she continues to maneuver herself as well as she has to this point. Very methodical and well thought out strategy implementation.

Necromancer2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Vanessa is driving me nuts with her not wanting blood on her hands. It's way too early in the game for that. First of all, anyone she forces out now is not on the jury, so why would it matter if she got blood on her hands now. Second, it's probably GOOD to say she's the one who's responsible for getting someone like Austin out (she could say he was a good player and could have become an alliance of three with the twins). Third, the target is someone nobody cares about and was in her own alliance, and her allance, including Liz all agree he should go. She just obsessed with the whole concept for no good reason, and it's going to royally screw up her game.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Julia, or was it Liz, in the DR and said she "loathes Austin" had me ROTFLMAO!

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Julia, or was it Liz, in the DR and said she "loathes Austin" had me ROTFLMAO!
I thought that's what she said!

Old 07-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #8
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Vanessa is driving me nuts with her not wanting blood on her hands. It's way too early in the game for that. First of all, anyone she forces out now is not on the jury, so why would it matter if she got blood on her hands now. Second, it's probably GOOD to say she's the one who's responsible for getting someone like Austin out (she could say he was a good player and could have become an alliance of three with the twins). Third, the target is someone nobody cares about and was in her own alliance, and her allance, including Liz all agree he should go. She just obsessed with the whole concept for no good reason, and it's going to royally screw up her game.
I agree but I feel like the last couple of seasons everybody's mantra was I don't want to get blood on my hands. It really annoys me.

tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
hairyblue
A good Man

Austin is nuts if he thinks a sister--a TWIN sister would choose him over her. And Liz doesn't even know...yet. When Liz does know, it's going to blow up in Austin's face. But to be real, I don't think Julia will get the chance to tell Liz before it all goes south for Austin.

Just how dumb are you Austin? You go to someone who is not in your alliance. Someone who is desperate to get anything to use to get in the game. Dumb, Dee, Dumb Dumb.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #10
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Vanessa is driving me nuts with her not wanting blood on her hands. It's way too early in the game for that. First of all, anyone she forces out now is not on the jury, so why would it matter if she got blood on her hands now. Second, it's probably GOOD to say she's the one who's responsible for getting someone like Austin out (she could say he was a good player and could have become an alliance of three with the twins). Third, the target is someone nobody cares about and was in her own alliance, and her alliance, including Liz all agree he should go. She just obsessed with the whole concept for no good reason, and it's going to royally screw up her game.
Yep. It made absolutely no sense. Why would she purposely want to be unseated as HoH? Not only would that have given Jackie the glory of backdooring Austin, but it also would have made her potentially vulnerable to being backdoored herself. It's one thing when you are worried about people gunning for you out of revenge, but Austin doesn't have a single ally in the house? Just really stupid gameplay from Vanessa.

And Clay is an idiot for volunteering to go up on the block.

(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #11
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
Just how dumb are you Austin? You go to someone who is not in your alliance. Someone who is desperate to get anything to use to get in the game. Dumb, Dee, Dumb Dumb.
^^ this, and add jason runs his mouth about everyone, anywhere, anytime.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #12
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Yep. It made absolutely no sense. Why would she purposely want to be unseated as HoH? Not only would that have given Jackie the glory of backdooring Austin, but it also would have made her potentially vulnerable to being backdoored herself. It's one thing when you are worried about people gunning for you out of revenge, but Austin doesn't have a single ally in the house? Just really stupid gameplay from Vanessa.

I don't think the "unseated" HoH can be nominated.

And, although you might be right about Jackie getting the glory, I believe vanessa could easily explain how she, herself, engineered the BoB competition to play out and that backdooring Austin was her plan. And, she would have others that would quantify that.

But yes, Clay is a complete idiot.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #13
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
they can be, it's been a selling point since the start of bob - "you can go from hoh to being on the block in the same week".

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #14
gweempose

Quote:

I could have sworn the first thing Vanessa and Jackie agreed to when they were alone was to not backdoor each other.

(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #15
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
they can be, it's been a selling point since the start of bob - "you can go from hoh to being on the block in the same week".
you're righ, sorry for the misinformation.

Quote:
I could have sworn the first thing Vanessa and Jackie agreed to when they were alone was to not backdoor each other.
gotcha. I actually though they were talking future.

carry on.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #16
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
you're righ, sorry for the misinformation.
it's confusing, i keep forgetting the two bob noms that win have immunity for the week. by the time i have it down, bob is over.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:34 AM   #17
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

On their FB page:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg i loathe him.jpg (48.9 KB, 104 views)
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:05 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

First rule of Big Brother, NEVER volunteer to go on the block. We've seen too many times where the "pawn" goes home.