TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
tazzmission

No HD package channels with Adelphia CableCARDS

The Adelphia technician left my house after about 2 hours of trying to get my SA CC's to work 100%.

He got them both activated pretty fast over the phone.

The CRS was a little weirded out by having two CC's in one box. She kept asking for the TV model I have. We kept telling her that the TV does not matter as the CC's are going in a TiVo. She kept saying that our TiVo's don't need CC's.

Whatever, she thinks the SA 8300 is a TiVo.

Anyway. All my channels work except for the HD preminum package channels. I get my HD locals and HBO HD just fine. It is the rest of the channels that don't tune in (just a black screen)

The tech told me to call Adelphia and tell them to look into it. I did that and the CSR said that he will send a tech out tomorrow.

I don't think there is anything for the tech to do but call a CSR and have them hit the cards again.

What should I do?

Last edited by tazzmission : 10-18-2006 at 10:08 PM.
tazzmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #2
slimoli

Are you using SA or Motorola cards? There are quite a few people , including me, not receiving premium channels with a Sa card. I have already tried everything, including replacing the cards twice and several hits from the head-end to no avail.

Sergio
slimoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
tazzmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli
Are you using SA or Motorola cards? There are quite a few people , including me, not receiving premium channels with a Sa card. I have already tried everything, including replacing the cards twice and several hits from the head-end to no avail.

Sergio
SA cards here for me. I do get premium HBO which is weird.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
tazzmission

Correction. Upon further invesigation I am not getting the Digital Plus channels or the HD Plus channels. I do get these channels on the SA8300 I had to have them install in the bedroom until my second S3 arrives.

I hope they get this worked out for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
slimoli

When you look at the cablecard menu, do you see POWER KEY STATUS not ready...wainting for EMMs ? If you do that's the problem, the same one I have, and only the cableco can fix it. I have been dealing with the cableco on this issue for 3 weeks and so far no game.

I do get some premium channels but only those also available with the free QAM. In other words, those available without any cablecard using the QAM cable tuner of the S3.

I am with Atlantic Broadband, not Adelphia, but it looks like the problem is the same.

Sergio
Old 10-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #6
tazzmission

Quote:
When you look at the cablecard menu, do you see POWER KEY STATUS not ready...wainting for EMMs ? If you do that's the problem, the same one I have, and only the cableco can fix it. I have been dealing with the cableco on this issue for 3 weeks and so far no game.

I do get some premium channels but only those also available with the free QAM. In other words, those available without any cablecard using the QAM cable tuner of the S3.

I am with Atlantic Broadband, not Adelphia, but it looks like the problem is the same.

Sergio
It says ready.

Reading here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=318351 they say the cable company needs to authorize the additional premium channels from the home base. There is really nothing a tech can do on site but call in to get someone to do this. I'll have him go that today when he gets to my house.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #7
tazzmission

Update: I decided to call Adelphia. They "sent the codes" to the two CableCARDS. She was showing in the system that the "codes" for premium channels were not sent to the CableCARDS when they activated them.

Will see when I get home.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #8
tazzmission

Update to the update for the update...

I still am not getting all of my premium channels and or HD Plus channels. I get some on one CableCARD and not on the other and vice versa. I am told that it might be a weak signal issue. I am told they are going to check that when they come out on Sunday. They have sent the codes to my CableCARDS 4 times now. They want to try new CableCARDS and check the signal strengh. I might need an amp.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #9
ashu
User title defunct

Oops, should have read this thread first.

Anyway, quick paste of my answer in the other (I see 2 dayshave already elapsed) ...

Give it a day or so ... many folks' channels (in other Cable provider threads, of course) just automagically showed up in a couple of days!

Did Adelpiha charge you for a truck run/installation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Too many TiVos!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo!
So little time! So much to know!
ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
tazzmission

All channels are there now. Thank God...

Now for the second S3 install for Tuesday...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #11
slimoli

tazzmission

What did they do that fixed the problem? Did you get new CCs? Amplifier?

tks

Sergio
Old 10-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #12
tazzmission

Quote:
tazzmission

What did they do that fixed the problem? Did you get new CCs? Amplifier?

tks

Sergio
I came home today after work and it was just working. I am geting some breakup and pixelation on some channels so I think i need an amp installed. Will see when the tech comes.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
espurgas

How to fix adelphia problem

Hi all. I have both the Scientific Atlantic hd box and the tivo 3. Had difficulty getting all of the channels I subscribe to on both units. Signal strenght was fine. It turns out that HOW Adelphia has you accounts shown on their computer system makes all the difference. MAKE SURE that they show your Tivo (both cable card accounts) first and second then the DVR, and then cable modem (if you have one). Don't let them tell you this won't work. Hope this helps. I've had Tivo since the beginning and while this box isn't perfect it sure does beat the adelphia box.
espurgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #14
tazzmission

I'll try this because I am still loosing channels sometimes. I had Adelphia install a line amp and it made no difference.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #15
slimoli

I asked the cableco to put the 2 CCs ahead of any cablebox, as suggested by espurgas, but still no premium channels. I really don't know what else I can do and I think my S3 will be OTA only for a while. The tech guy on the phone told me that more than 70% of the CCs simply don't work, very encouraging!

Sergio
Old 10-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #16
tazzmission

I called TiVo today because my S3 is still showing as new in the account info page. They told me this is a issue but does not effect the DVR. TI will be fixed soon.

When I asked the TiVo guy about how I keep loosing channels and getting them back randomly, he said to have Adelphia try new CC's. He said that a lot of these issues are from defective CC's. He said if that does not fix it, call back and he will RMA my box and send me a new one.

I have my second S3's CC's being installed tomorrow. I have Adelphia bringing at least 4 CC's. Two to swap in the current S3 that has the issues and two for the new one.

Will see what happens.

I am also not getting audio on one channel. Lifetime Movie Network. The wife is not happy about this.

Last edited by tazzmission : 10-23-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #17
tazzmission

I removed the line amp as it made no differance. Will see if the new CC's work tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #18
ashu
User title defunct

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzmission

I am also not betting audio on one channel. Lifetime Movie Network. The wife is not happy about this.

The important question is ... are you?

seemed like you could do with a dose of humor!

(Too many TiVos!)

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo!
So little time! So much to know!
ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:17 PM   #19
tazzmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu
The important question is ... are you?

seemed like you could do with a dose of humor!
I could care less about LMN myself :-) But it is her favorite channel. It would be nice if I could get audio on this channel.

I really hope Adelphia/Comcast can get this working for me. I am getting really mad

Last edited by tazzmission : 10-24-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
tazzmission

Comcast was at my home last night. They were there 30 minutes and left. They got a hold of Comcast dispatch and were told that the "system" was down and that they could not activate my CC's. I was told that I would get a call the next morning at 8:00. I got that call. The guy setup my second TiVo first and it is working fine except for Lifetime Movie Network has no audio.

The first TiVo is still not getting the Digital Premium channels or the HD Premium channels.

The tech is coming back today.

Oh Lord...
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #21
tazzmission

The tech came early yesterday. I was not home. The tech left. This is BS...

He will be back on Sat.

Last edited by tazzmission : 10-27-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #22
tazzmission

Got two new CC's installed in my first S3 and all the channels I pay for now work. The tech replaced the cable line to this TiVo because it was kinked. He said that he has seen digital channels not work because of kinked cables. Not sure how true that is. But I am glad both of my S3's not work fine.

I am still having the audio issues on channel 163 though. LMN...

Will have to deal with TiVo on that because it worked fine on a SA8300 STB from Comcast.