TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #1
s2kdave

Arrow Panasonic Plasma TV input change window keeps popping up.

On my S3, when I do something to cause the resolution to change such as press the TiVo button to go to the menus, or to swap tuners,etc.. I get an annoying popup from my Panasonic TH-50PX60U. The popup shows the current Input as if I just changed inputs (ex. from HDMI to Component mode). I think it's "auto detecting" a signal because the TiVo takes a few seconds to change resolutions. This popup window shows in the upper left corner over the top of the TiVo displays. Does anyone know how to silence this? I looked in the TV menus for auto detect inputs, but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
David
s2kdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 AM   #2
vman41
Omega Consumer

I imagine the popup conveys both the input and resolution and Matsu****a decided you want to know whenever the resolution changes. My Sharp TV does the same thing (upper right corner though). My old CRT computer monitor lets you turn the 'mode display', as they call it, on and off, but my TV doesn't.

Setting the S3 to use fixed output format (e.g. 720p) will get rid of the popups, but you will be using the scaler on the S3 rather than the TV.
vman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
snarkoplepsy

Which model Panasonic do you have? I have a Panasonic TH-50PX60U, and this doesn't happen for me.

What Remote code # did you use to program the Tivo remote?
snarkoplepsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #4
shortspecialbus

I have the same TV as you, hooked up to the second HDMI port. I don't have that problem. How do you have it hooked up?
shortspecialbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
rtjones

I have the Panasonic plasma TH-50PHD8UK, and only get this popup when I first turn on the plasma. Changing resolution within TiVo does not produce the popup. I used the Tivo 720p fixed, and compared against the 1080i fixed, and native, and could not determine a difference, at all, between the 3. So to avoid the annoying resolution-change flicker, I've stayed w/ 720p fixed.
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
s2kdave

I have the TH-50PX60U. It's hooked up using HDMI 1. I also have the video output on the tivo set to Native and 16x9 screen and the tivo aspect on Full. It's not the entire list of inputs that pops up when you press the tv/input button on the panasonic remote. It's just a rectangle that says HDMI 1 (and the label like PVR). It shows right over the top of the Tivo guy in the menus and the channel banner when I switch channels.

Maybe I'll try 720p fixed output and see if that makes it go away. I want to use the "Just" aspect on the tv though, but it doesn't hurt to try it. I'll also try HDMI port 2 when I get home.

Oh, and I think I used the first code in the list on the Tivo screen for the panasonic tv. I think it may have been 0240, but I don't remember.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
snarkoplepsy

That's exactly the setup I have, except I'm plugged into HDMI2.

And I used the first Panasonic code on the remote as well.

How well does your Tivo remote work? I have a lot of remote issues with the Panasonic tv.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
s2kdave

I was having issues with the remote responding. It was only registering about 50% of my button presses. Some days it would be better, some days worse. Then I got the 8.0.1b update a day or two ago and it's only missed 1 or 2 which could have been me just not pointing the remote in the proper direction. Then again, it could just be one of the better days... I hope it's fixed though.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #9
s2kdave

It looks like the video output is the culprit. If I change it to 720p fixed, it goes away completely. If I use 720p hybrid, I only see it when it switches to/from 480i. And if I use Native, it happens the most. I guess that "Just" mode isn't really worth that annoyance so I'll leave it 720p fixed for now. I wish the TiVo had a non-linear aspect mode on it. Maybe it will one day.

Thanks for the help

David
Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #10
snarkoplepsy

I believe we have ours set at 1080i.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #11
Fixit

I am trying to find the remote control codes for a magnavox 106cm plasma tv
to work with the Tivo.

The codes in the Tivo setup for my magnivox do not work

Any help appreciated

TIA
Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
A J Ricaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
I am trying to find the remote control codes for a magnavox 106cm plasma tv
to work with the Tivo.

The codes in the Tivo setup for my magnivox do not work

Any help appreciated

TIA
You would be better off posting your question as a new post since it is kinda off topic for this thread. You will get more responses that way.

Also, if you have the Tivo glo remote that comes with the original series 3 or HDXL it has a learning mode if the built-in codes don't work.
A J Ricaud is offline   Reply With Quote