TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
JoJo3000

Netflix Closed Captions

!st time Netflix use for me ... Is there no way to get closed captions on my TIVO HD? Doesn't seem to be ANY menu choices ...

Thanks!

JoJo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo3000 View Post
!st time Netflix use for me ... Is there no way to get closed captions on my TIVO HD? Doesn't seem to be ANY menu choices ...

Thanks!
I just started using Netflix myself but my THD is dead. Is there no "Audio & Subtitles" below the progress bar when you pause?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Series 3 and TiVo HD cannot do captions on Netflix.

They also can't use the Netflix profiles, only the main login.
Also something about them not being able to search Netflix, you have to search on a computer and add to "My List" on the computer to watch the show on a Series 3 or TiVo HD.

phox

TiVo Roamio OTA 75 HD Hrs-LT
TiVo Roamio OTA 400+ HD Hrs-LT
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #4
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Also something about them not being able to search Netflix, you have to search on a computer and add to "My List" on the computer to watch the show on a Series 3 or TiVo HD.

phox
TiVo Search works fine on S3/HD's which is how I generally find and watch most movies on Netflix. You are right that you can't add anything to your Instant Queue through the TiVo but I generally only do that for TV series that we might be catching up on.

Scott

Roamio Pro - 3TB - All-in
S3 HD - 2TB - Lifetime (son's)
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
JoJo3000

Nope ... No menus I've found ... Pushed the usual buttons ... Netflix.com suggested down arrow, but doesn't work for TiVO ...

Thanks!

JoJo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
TiVo Search works fine on S3/HD's which is how I generally find and watch most movies on Netflix. You are right that you can't add anything to your Instant Queue through the TiVo but I generally only do that for TV series that we might be catching up on.

Scott
hehe...playing with my new-found, thrift store TiVo HD.
have you learned any more about Netflix implementation?

a - there doesn't seem to be a way to access your actual 'lists'. Is that true?
b - there's no way to deactivate once you've activated?
c - just what is populating the 'Instant Queue' anyway? Some things are there, most are not. Any idea?

tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
a - there doesn't seem to be a way to access your actual 'lists'. Is that true?
b - there's no way to deactivate once you've activated?
c - just what is populating the 'Instant Queue' anyway? Some things are there, most are not. Any idea?
I can only speak to what we see. We only have one Netflix profile and our Instant Queue on the S3's show what's in My List on the Netflix website under that profile. I don't seem to have any issues with anything from My List being missing. I just added Jessica Jones on the website and it showed up on the S3 when I opened Netflix again along with the other 24 items.

If you have multiple profiles, I'm not sure how it would pick which one to show since that feature was added much later and it doesn't support profiles. Maybe the original one associated with the account?

I don't see anyway to deactivate from the TiVo side. I guess you could sign out of all devices on the Netflix side but not sure how that would affect trying to re-activate on the S3 side.

Scott

Roamio Pro - 3TB - All-in
S3 HD - 2TB - Lifetime (son's)
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #8
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
I can only speak to what we see. We only have one Netflix profile and our Instant Queue on the S3's show what's in My List on the Netflix website under that profile. I don't seem to have any issues with anything from My List being missing. I just added Jessica Jones on the website and it showed up on the S3 when I opened Netflix again along with the other 24 items.

If you have multiple profiles, I'm not sure how it would pick which one to show since that feature was added much later and it doesn't support profiles. Maybe the original one associated with the account?

I don't see anyway to deactivate from the TiVo side. I guess you could sign out of all devices on the Netflix side but not sure how that would affect trying to re-activate on the S3 side.

Scott
ah, yes, there are three profiles set up on the account - and that's the answer. The primary account is the one which shows up on the TivoHD
It would appear Tivo is REALLY trying to nudge people, with a push, to moving up to the Premiere's.

Thanks for the heads-up

tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote