TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
tivoknucklehead

Harmony 880 deleting my S3 shows when I delete them from my Directivo

I just noticed this, don't think it ever happened with my S2. I use the Harmony 880 to control both boxes, the S3 is set to remote code 1 and the HD Directivo to remote code 2. When I deleted two shows from the directivo, even with the S3 not on the "Now Playing" screen two shows deleted from the S3. Is this possibly a software glitch or am I doing something wrong?
tivoknucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
ah30k

I'm seeing shows getting deleted from the S3 To Do list when I delete them from the old S2 To To list. I'm not convinced that it isn't operator error yet since I recently configured the whole 2-remote thing but you might be onto something.

My wife is pretty pissed now because she deleted Dancing With the Stars from the old S2 To Do List and it never recorded on the S3 because "someone deleted it from the To Do List".

Not the first time this has happened.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k
I'm seeing shows getting deleted from the S3 To Do list when I delete them from the old S2 To To list. I'm not convinced that it isn't operator error yet since I recently configured the whole 2-remote thing but you might be onto something.

My wife is pretty pissed now because she deleted Dancing With the Stars from the old S2 To Do List and it never recorded on the S3 because "someone deleted it from the To Do List".

Not the first time this has happened.

the first time it happened I assumed it was because I left the "now playing" screen up on the S3, but it happened when the now playing screen was not up too. I'm thinking it might be a software glitch because I double checked the remote code settings on the system info screen and one was "1" and the other was "2"
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Check your Harmony code. If it is set to '0', that is the universal TiVo code, and will control any TiVo, regardless of the boxes code.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:31 AM   #5
sockgap
TiVo'd in Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon
Check your Harmony code. If it is set to '0', that is the universal TiVo code, and will control any TiVo, regardless of the boxes code.
Donbadabon is right.
Here is the solution I posted a few weeks ago:

First you pair each TiVo to its own original remote, as described in the TiVo manual. Then for each TiVo device on your Harmony web page you need to do this:
Click on "More Options"
Click on "Confirm infrared commands"
Go through the IR confirmation process, using the paired TiVo remote for that device.
If it asks you to press the non-existent power button, just click "Skip" and go to the next one.
When you are done it should say "a better set of commands have been found" or something similar.
Then do the same thing for the other TiVo with its paired remote.
sockgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockgap
Donbadabon is right.
Here is the solution I posted a few weeks ago:

First you pair each TiVo to its own original remote, as described in the TiVo manual. Then for each TiVo device on your Harmony web page you need to do this:
Click on "More Options"
Click on "Confirm infrared commands"
Go through the IR confirmation process, using the paired TiVo remote for that device.
If it asks you to press the non-existent power button, just click "Skip" and go to the next one.
When you are done it should say "a better set of commands have been found" or something similar.
Then do the same thing for the other TiVo with its paired remote.

Logitech second level tech support set up my remote commands when I bought the S3 so I assume they are ok
Old 10-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
ChuckyBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoknucklehead
Logitech second level tech support set up my remote commands when I bought the S3 so I assume they are ok
That's probably not a safe assumption, given the results you are getting. Do as sockgap says -- it was the only way I could get my 880 to work with two TiVos (though I did it using the DVR 1->2 switch on a single remote rather than two remotes).
ChuckyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyBox
That's probably not a safe assumption, given the results you are getting. Do as sockgap says -- it was the only way I could get my 880 to work with two TiVos (though I did it using the DVR 1->2 switch on a single remote rather than two remotes).
That's right--if it were set up correctly, this wouldn't be happening.