TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: How di your CableCARD install go?
They installed perfectly and have been working perfectly ever since 291 36.56%
They took a little work to get going but they're working fine now 242 30.40%
They've been installed but they're still not working right 167 20.98%
The cable company refuses to install CableCARDs into a TiVo 19 2.39%
Don't have a S3, just want to see results 77 9.67%
Voters: 796. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #271
roadkill_97006

My guys (Verizon) were about 1/2 hour late because their first install didn't know they were coming. I live in Beaverton, OR and it seems that VZ has a bunch of crews from SoCal up here for 2 weeks doing a blitz of installs. Both of their installs that I know about were scheduled for January. I found out about them coming last week. The first lady was in her PJs.

I got the standard error messages with both cards. The VZ guys were able to get them going using a laptop - which they had to plug into my LAN because the VZ cell signal where I live is pathetic. It was funny. The instructions were a tad vague - thanks to all who posted here before because I'd have been freaked at the error messages etc. otherwise. It must have taken 20 minutes for the second card to kick in.

The non-funny thing is that I submitted a schedule update request to TIVO last week and I STILL don't have Verizon as a choice in guided setup. So no TIVO goodies until they wake up. They must have hundreds of people on them about this by now. TitanTV has the schedule updated, so it wasn't a secret that the installs were starting here. I also have the usual 100% signal strength (37db) problem -n all channels - the attenuator kit's on the way and will be here Thursday. Again, thanks to the person(s) who posted about that!

I stayed up until 2 AM watching live HD.
roadkill_97006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #272
TostitoBandito

I voted for the first option. I picked them up and installed them myself in September 2006 and had no problems. A couple times I had to call Comcast and make them fix their end of it when they have made some change that broke my service, but the couple times that's happened it has been resolved quickly and without a tech needing to come out.
TostitoBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #273
TivoSwain

My install with Communicomm out of Tazewell,TN went great got both cards working within 20mins, however I having a hard time getting the Premium HD channels to work with my cablecards, they say I have to have their DVR for them to work. Tivo thinks they may have them flaged as PPV or VOD. I've not had any luck trying to get to a tech to see if this is true. Would Like to know if anyone has been able to get the HD's in.
TivoSwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:05 AM   #274
bicker
Gruff

When I had the premium channels, I had no problem receiving them on my TiVo S3 in HD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #275
dssxxxx

Cablevision install yesterday.

Cable guy checks signal strength and then goes to outside box (does a few things), checks strength again and then installs amp where cable comes into the house and is split. This takes about 45 minutes.

Guy takes out approximately 12 M cards. Inserts first card in THD and then goes to second THD and inserts card. Keeps checking back and forth between THD screens and then says he will call CV and pair the cards with the Tivo's at the same time.

He does this....we check HD channels and I put $20 in his hand for a job well done. He gives me this name and number and says any problems to call him because he has done "lot's of Tivo cablecards" and they are EZ. But, the cablecards for TV's are a pain.

Just another observation: We have 3 LCD's installed with cablecards and when comparing the picture from Tivo HD and then back to picture from cablecard directly, there is a markedly improved picture directly from cablecard. I checked various HD channels and this was apparent on all of them.
dssxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #276
Agro

COX San Diego CableCARD Install

COX San Diego installed last Friday.
The guy thought to tune 2 channels, he would need *2* MCards. I explained to him that you don't. Everything went fine, no problems.
He used a Scientific Atlantic card.
Agro is offline   Reply With Quote