TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #181
bevansmd

getting replacement hard drive, will I need Mediacom to pair cablecards?

I have a Series 3 tivo with a defective hard drive. Weaknees is replacing the drive under warranty. Will I have to go through the hassle of Mediacom techs coming onsite again to pair the same cards I was previously using? If they don't work right away, will I be able to accomplish anything over the phone with the Des Moines area customer service techs or will they insist on a truck roll?

Thanks!
bevansmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #182
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

We received new HD channels CNN HD (737), SciFi HD (739), and History HD (748) on Jan. 21. So far, the only program info that's appeared on my S3 is for SciFi. I've twice sent e-mails to Tribune Media, but, so far, only SciFi has showed up. Is anyone else using Mediacom having this issue? TiVo no longer has a page on their Web site to submit program info problems.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #183
Ames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
We received new HD channels CNN HD (737), SciFi HD (739), and History HD (748) on Jan. 21. So far, the only program info that's appeared on my S3 is for SciFi. I've twice sent e-mails to Tribune Media, but, so far, only SciFi has showed up. Is anyone else using Mediacom having this issue? TiVo no longer has a page on their Web site to submit program info problems.
All of those are working for me. I'm having the opposite problem. We got some other additional channels like Food HD in the guide, but Mediacom doesn't actually have them available as channels.
Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #184
TivoMactopia

Quote:
Springfield, MO mediacom subscriber, 2 S3s...I've had the channels on the guide data since they announced the channel lineup changes. A few of them like SciFi showed up, but Food, and HGTV HD were in the guide, but no signal.

A couple of weeks later, everything started to work, so I assume Mediacom was just staging the rollout, but I've always had the guide data since the 1st of the year.
TivoMactopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #185
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoMactopia View Post
Springfield, MO mediacom subscriber, 2 S3s...I've had the channels on the guide data since they announced the channel lineup changes. A few of them like SciFi showed up, but Food, and HGTV HD were in the guide, but no signal.

A couple of weeks later, everything started to work, so I assume Mediacom was just staging the rollout, but I've always had the guide data since the 1st of the year.
I'm STILL waiting for guide data for CNN HD...it's been nearly a month now.

XL4
Old 05-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #186
ChrisMatson

Just upgraded from a Series 2 TiVo to the TiVo HD.
Mediacom came and installed the M Card without incident--took about 20 minutes.
Loving the HD!
ChrisMatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #187
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMatson View Post
Just upgraded from a Series 2 TiVo to the TiVo HD.
Mediacom came and installed the M Card without incident--took about 20 minutes.
Loving the HD!
Glad they had the M card for you; they claim they can't get them around here

XL4
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #188
kpfleming

Mediacom Capshaw (North AL) tons of new HD channels - don't work

Just noticed a whole pile (about a dozen) new HD channels in the guide, but every one of them displays a Tivo-logoed 'Channel not available' banner for a second or two after tuning to them. Unlike previous posters, they all have complete guide data, but no signal. I hope this is just Mediacom phasing in the channels, and not SDV
kpfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #189
sieglinde

I have contacted Tivo repeatedly about bad guide data. It is always the time zone problem with shows being three hours off. The theory is that they are not getting good info from Mediacom. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #190
reversengineer

Any way to force Mediacom into action on cablecard?

I got my TIVO HD on January 7 and went by the local Mediacom office (Huntsville, Alabama) to get a cablecard on January 9. They said they didn't have any, but should in about a week. They took my name and number and wrote it on a "sticky" note (how professional is that?) and would call me when the cards came in. They said I could just pick it up and install it myself when they got them.

I didn't hear anything from them and went back on January 15 and was told that they didn't have any cards and had no idea when they would get any! Is it really possible that this company has no idea what their cablecard stock is system-wide, what they have on order, and when orders are expected to arrive?!?!

Anyway, I thought I might get better action by calling the customer service 800 number and more "officially" requesting a cable card. They said sure, no problem, but cablecards have to be installed by their technician and asked if I wanted a technician to come out tomorrow or the next day! Of course, my choices were between 8 a.m. to noon or 1 to 5 p.m.

I don't hold out much hope of actually getting one, since I have a friend who called the local office this afternoon and they still claim they don't have any and don't know when they will get any!

Is their any way to force cable companies to be more responsive on this issue? Isn't cablecard availability from the local cable company mandated by the FCC?
reversengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #191
reversengineer

What a miracle (of sorts). The mediacom contract installer called at 1030 this morning and said could he come early. So I met him at my house about 20 minutes later and he actually has a cablecard, albeit a single stream. I had asked for a M-card or two S-cards when I called for the service, but of course that part didn't translate.

First off, they technician said "here's your card. We're not allowed to install them, you are supposed to do it yourself. But do you mind if I watch to see how it's done?"

So I get the S-card installed and it works fine, but that leaves me with only one tuner. I asked the tech where he got the card and he said "at the mediacom office on Ware Drive." Of course that's where I had been asking to pick one up for two weeks and my friend had called about availability only the day before to be told they didn't have any.

So I took my S-card back to the office and told them the tale of the technician showing up with only a single S-card. I asked to trade it for an M card or to add to it another S-card, so they went in the back and said "we have a handful of S-cards but no M-cards."

I took the two S-cards back home and completed the install with no problem and everything is working fine, I'm happy about that.

My friend went to get his two S-cards about an hour later at the mediacom office - of course they gave him an M-card, which they supposedly had none just an hour before.

So which is it - do the kind folks at Mediacom really inept or do they purposely make it difficult for customers to get cablecards for their own equipment???
reversengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #192
tgrim1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reversengineer View Post
So which is it - do the kind folks at Mediacom really inept or do they purposely make it difficult for customers to get cablecards for their own equipment???
My first guess, after having been in my own local office would be "inept". It was like I walked into a casting call for Deliverance.
tgrim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #193
ToddNeedsTiVo
Shampoo is not toxic

That sounds too much like my "you can pick one up" / "no, it takes a truck roll" story over here.
ToddNeedsTiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #194
sieglinde

Anyone tried viewing National Geographic Wild? The dolts at Mediacom are renogotiating the channel switch from Fox Reality. Does anyone think it would help to make some sort of compaint?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #195
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Has anyone tried successfully swapping cards from one TiVo to another (using Mediacom)? I have an M-card that isn't being used (but is set up on my account) and would like to take the two S-cards out of my HD unit and put the one M-card in. I'm just not sure if Mediacom actually pairs the cards to the device. I suspect not, but thought I would ask here.

XL4
Old 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #196
sieglinde

I still have Reality TV rather than NatGeoWild. Mediacom is a joke.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #197
sieglinde

Mediacom in my area has finally announced it is getting National Geographic Wild and replacing Fox Reality. Fox Reality would be OK if it was anything more than repeats.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #198
msaeger

I would have rather kept Fox Reality there are already a couple or animal channels.
msaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #199
Ames

Quote:
Has anyone tried successfully swapping cards from one TiVo to another (using Mediacom)? I have an M-card that isn't being used (but is set up on my account) and would like to take the two S-cards out of my HD unit and put the one M-card in. I'm just not sure if Mediacom actually pairs the cards to the device. I suspect not, but thought I would ask here.
They have always acted like they are paired. I'll find out this week when I get my Elite Tivo in.
Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #200
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Actually, I removed an M-card I used in one TiVo and used it in my HD and it works fine...

XL4
Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #201
ps2roy

Pairing

I've always been able to move my cablecards around with Mediacom. It is my understanding, since Mediacom doesn't have any copy protection (CCI byte 00) on any channels the cards do not need to be paired to the device.
ps2roy is offline   Reply With Quote